Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

Your eyes have been opened I see...good obversation, although not many will believe us...

My eyes have always been opened, except when I am sleeping especially during the boring luctures...but anyways...Its just that I didn't like Kimi driving for Ferrari, and I knew he would struggle because ever since I heard Kimi will be granted more freedom, I knew they wont be able extract the best out of him. His 2007 win was never as thrilling as his 2003 and 2005 runners-up. We all know how he won, not that he didn't deserve it. And presence of Micheal, whom many belive is something Kimi doens't like. I heard it was Todt who actually wanted Kimi to drive for Ferrari, from Him Sauber days itself. When Kimi moved to Macca, Todd said he made a big mistake.....may be Todt was right at that time, he would have been capable of extracting the best out of Kimi. Ferrari needs ruthless leaders....These days they overact, Ferrari have become more like a gay team.....overacting, crying and hugging for Massa's injury..I know it was bad, but we didn't see all this when Micheal broke his leg...c'mon, you don't paint cars pink and white! ..the only guy who remained normal was Kimi during the entire episode. While everyone was emotional. Oh...Massa is in pain....oh my God..blah blah...and Massa crying in the other end with Rubens offering to sleep next to Massa in the hospital if he wanted a bald head to cuddle...If Enzo or Todt was there, he would have asked everyone to shut up and asked Massa to take some good rest and would have told that in the most respectable way and would have gone back to winning form...Suddenly when I am supposed to be sympathetic towards an injured man, I strangely don't feel so...because of all this huge drama..I would love to see Massa thrash the hell out of Nando next season....but if he doesn't with all this injuryhype...lets call it Spring-Gate, and if is as bad as Fifi, I don't thing even Ferrari will be sympathetic to Massa.

Kimi...go back to Macca.....Ron needs to comeback, since Max is going out. Then its a pure dream team with black and white superdrivers..

My eyes have always been opened, except when I am sleeping especially during the boring luctures...but anyways...Its just that I didn't like Kimi driving for Ferrari, and I knew he would struggle because ever since I heard Kimi will be granted more freedom, I knew they wont be able extract the best out of him. His 2007 win was never as thrilling as his 2003 and 2005 runners-up. We all know how he won, not that he didn't deserve it. And presence of Micheal, whom many belive is something Kimi doens't like. I heard it was Todt who actually wanted Kimi to drive for Ferrari, from Him Sauber days itself. When Kimi moved to Macca, Todd said he made a big mistake.....may be Todt was right at that time, he would have been capable of extracting the best out of Kimi. Ferrari needs ruthless leaders....These days they overact, Ferrari have become more like a gay team.....overacting, crying and hugging for Massa's injury..I know it was bad, but we didn't see all this when Micheal broke his leg...c'mon, you don't paint cars pink and white! ..the only guy who remained normal was Kimi during the entire episode. While everyone was emotional. Oh...Massa is in pain....oh my God..blah blah...and Massa crying in the other end with Rubens offering to sleep next to Massa in the hospital if he wanted a bald head to cuddle...If Enzo or Todt was there, he would have asked everyone to shut up and asked Massa to take some good rest and would have told that in the most respectable way and would have gone back to winning form...Suddenly when I am supposed to be sympathetic towards an injured man, I strangely don't feel so...because of all this huge drama..I would love to see Massa thrash the hell out of Nando next season....but if he doesn't with all this injuryhype...lets call it Spring-Gate, and if is as bad as Fifi, I don't thing even Ferrari will be sympathetic to Massa.

Kimi...go back to Macca.....Ron needs to comeback, since Max is going out. Then its a pure dream team with black and white superdrivers..

I've been saying that I think he will do better a Mclaren but with this BMW rumors I just don't know, I hope it is all a rumor and just that but F1 is the only place where most of the rumors are true adn regarding that emotional chapter at Ferrai they even used this as a reason to keep Massa over Kimi, so you are right about it.

Come on Felipe, come back, we need BOTH Ferraris to be scoring points!

Martin Whitmarsh on Kimi! Enough said!

Q: You were reported as saying that McLaren wouldn't have any problems with Kimi Raikkonen coming back. What exactly does that mean?

MW: Kimi is a fantastic driver, and I like him and know him well. He was with the team for five years. He is quick, he is committed and I think he probably would be very committed to beating Ferrari in the future - knowing him. All these are attractive things with Kimi. He is not political. He is absolutely straightforward - what you see is what you get with Kimi. And on top of that everyone knows that he is a winning driver. I think he has been underestimated technically. He is a very good racing driver and I think he would fit well in this team, if we choose to go down that route

Correction Martin, WHEN you go down that route.....:P

I can't see why McLaren wouldn't sign him. They'd be foolish not too with an ex-champion on the market. So what if it upsets Little Lewis? Formula One is a team game, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but there tends to be 2 cars in a team, not just 1. A Kimi-Lewis line-up would arguably be the strongest line-up on the grid.

Correction Martin, WHEN you go down that route.....:P

I can't see why McLaren wouldn't sign him. They'd be foolish not too with an ex-champion on the market. So what if it upsets Little Lewis? Formula One is a team game, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but there tends to be 2 cars in a team, not just 1. A Kimi-Lewis line-up would arguably be the strongest line-up on the grid.

I don't really agree that there has to be always a number two...but there is a chance that one driver in the same team is luckier than the other....example..Vettel and Webber.

The reactions that I see from old Ferrari faithfulls are quite strange....

so old Ferrari Faithful, whose side are you on??? :eusa_think:

I am always against Alonso so I'll be supporting the Massa side of Ferrari but not the Alonso side and of course I'll be suppoting Kimi is he finally stays in F1.

The reactions that I see from old Ferrari faithfulls are quite strange....

so old Ferrari Faithful, whose side are you on??? :eusa_think:

I have watched F1 for long enough to not be a rabid fan of one team or the other. I do support Kimi, but I am pretty sure I won't be supporting Ferrari next year. I do like Ferrari, just about as much I love McLaren (remnants of the Senna days). So If Kimi moves to McLaren, I would want McLaren to pound Ferrari to a gooey red pulp, though I won't want Hamilton to win either. It's sort of complicated...I just want Kimi to stay in F1 and win another championship while beating Hamilton in McLaren and Alonso in a Ferrari.

makes sense? :eusa_think:

I'm a Ferrari fan through and through, but I tend to like the drivers they choose before they are even at Ferrari and afterwards too. Of course, I doubt how I'd react if Hamilton ever went to Ferrari. Angrily no doubt.

I'm a Ferrari fan through and through, but I tend to like the drivers they choose before they are even at Ferrari and afterwards too. Of course, I doubt how I'd react if Hamilton ever went to Ferrari. Angrily no doubt.

Gah. You'd see lovely ol' Lewy Dewy Pumpkin Pie in those red overalls and you'd have no choice. You know it well. You used to be an Alonso basher and talked about how you'd really hate it if he went to Ferrari, that Kubica and Vettel were better, etc, etc, and now he's "pound-for-pound the world's best driver." ;)

I kid, really. If you're going to call yourself a Ferrari fan, you might as well support their drivers, instead of getting all p**sy about it. So good on you for being loyal.

It's nice not to have to worry about 'my driver' going to a team I hate or 'my team' signing a driver I hate.

All I want is competitive cars and good drivers - where they sit doesn't really matter that much to me.

Hope Kimi stays in F1 - I think he will. If he does, he should get a decent car be it McLaren or elsewhere.

Gah. You'd see lovely ol' Lewy Dewy Pumpkin Pie in those red overalls and you'd have no choice. You know it well. You used to be an Alonso basher and talked about how you'd really hate it if he went to Ferrari, that Kubica and Vettel were better, etc, etc, and now he's "pound-for-pound the world's best driver." ;)

I kid, really. If you're going to call yourself a Ferrari fan, you might as well support their drivers, instead of getting all p**sy about it. So good on you for being loyal.

Haha, I draw my finger out at Hamilton! :P That's one of the drivers I certainly don't want to see in Ferrari.

Funny thing is that we can't do anything about it when drivers decide to move to a team we don't want them to be in..:)

I have watched F1 for long enough to not be a rabid fan of one team or the other. I do support Kimi, but I am pretty sure I won't be supporting Ferrari next year. I do like Ferrari, just about as much I love McLaren (remnants of the Senna days). So If Kimi moves to McLaren, I would want McLaren to pound Ferrari to a gooey red pulp, though I won't want Hamilton to win either. It's sort of complicated...I just want Kimi to stay in F1 and win another championship while beating Hamilton in McLaren and Alonso in a Ferrari.

makes sense? :eusa_think:

uhm yeah well..sortoff... you're basically anti-Alonso, at the cost of a team you admired. Do realise it's your ex fav driver MS who has whispered into Domenicalli's ear about driver selection, in my view he has influenced the decision greatly, so much he has embarrassed my fav driver.

Justice must prevail, somehow, someway, and it would mean a great deal if what you mention above becomes true....

I am always against Alonso so I'll be supporting the Massa side of Ferrari but not the Alonso side and of course I'll be suppoting Kimi is he finally stays in F1.

true my friend. I predict chaos. Ferrari wants a team leader right, yet they say their driver's are on equal footing. Massa won't stand back to Alonso. Now we have seen what happens when Alonso get teammate competition, he only had it once at Mclaren... Don't tell me he had it at Renault, the evidence was clear to see.

chaos, I can't wait to the the bugger-up next year at ferrari

It's nice not to have to worry about 'my driver' going to a team I hate or 'my team' signing a driver I hate.

All I want is competitive cars and good drivers - where they sit doesn't really matter that much to me.

Hope Kimi stays in F1 - I think he will. If he does, he should get a decent car be it McLaren or elsewhere.

Neutral observers don't enjoy/suffer races as much as a fan it has its bad side to someone's fan but it have its rewards also and must of all endure the suffering of loosing just because it is a great feeling when your driver beat the rest and you can mock everyone else, just imaging how sweet it will be to have Kimi trashing everybody next year but on the other hand if it is Alonso the one doing that it will be very sweet for his fans while my posts will be less numerours, but anyway I find more joy in being someone's fan.

true my friend. I predict chaos. Ferrari wants a team leader right, yet they say their driver's are on equal footing. Massa won't stand back to Alonso. Now we have seen what happens when Alonso get teammate competition, he only had it once at Mclaren... Don't tell me he had it at Renault, the evidence was clear to see.

I am just waiting on Kimi's decision to get a clearer picture of what could happen next year and yes you are right about Alonso, he just had a fast team-mate once let's see how he will deal with this specially if he doesn't start winning and gets beaten by Massa from the start.

Neutral observers don't enjoy/suffer races as much as a fan it has its bad side to someone's fan but it have its rewards...

Though I understand where you're coming from, I have to pick a bone or two here.

1) don't take an F1 fan (me) for a neutral observer. I am very much a fan of F1, just not of any one driver or team. I spend more time cheering on the likes of Sutil, Grosjean than any of the leading drivers, but yet support no one driver full time.

2) The idea that someone like me might not enjoy a race as much as a driver / team fan is a completely subjective and somewhat pompous / unjustifiable opinion. I could claim that I'm able to enjoy it far more since every race is fun rather than just those where my driver does well - but I wouldn't make that claim, since it would be entirely pompous and unjustifiable.:D

3) People who support one driver very rarely support someone without a chance of winning. Think about why that is...

it is a great feeling when your driver beat the rest and you can mock everyone else
there's you answer - vicarious gloating. Doesn't say much for your motives now does it.:P

But to be more philosophical and less confrontational...

This is why I do understand what you're saying...

It is often the dillusion of the partisan footy fan (me) that because they invest more emotionally in their team's fortunes (for the last 30 years), they have more right to enjoy their victories and so assume that they do. I took my missis to her first premier league game when we visited the UK this summer and was amazed to see how much she completely loved the whole experience - more so than me. I was busy worrying until the final whistle, while she was chanting and screaming every oportunity at both ends. First I thought it a bit cheeky, but then I realised that she had just as much ability to enjoy the experience as me, because she was enjoying a quite different experience - one that she could get at any ground - one that she had every right to enjoy even had my team lost. I, on the other hand, could only enjoy my own experience by supporting my team.

I confess - I am a tech head. I love the cars, the design, the kinetic poetry that is a GP on the finest of tracks - for that I need nothing but quality drivers driving quality (and preferably less restricted) cars. I have enjoyed F1 for that very same reason since I was about 5 and Senna was battling Prost. One of my favourite ever races was when Olivier Panis won Monaco - I was on cloud nine for the next week.

So you see, it is not that you or I enjoy F1 more. We are enjoying completely different experiences. Apples and oranges. I can't enjoy the rapture that comes when your driver wins as you can. You can't enjoy the beauty of anyone winning with a stunning drive as a non-partisan can.

Though I understand where you're coming from, I have to pick a bone or two here.

1) don't take an F1 fan (me) for a neutral observer. I am very much a fan of F1, just not of any one driver or team. I spend more time cheering on the likes of Sutil, Grosjean than any of the leading drivers, but yet support no one driver full time.

2) The idea that someone like me might not enjoy a race as much as a driver / team fan is a completely subjective and somewhat pompous / unjustifiable opinion. I could claim that I'm able to enjoy it far more since every race is fun rather than just those where my driver does well - but I wouldn't make that claim, since it would be entirely pompous and unjustifiable.:D

3) People who support one driver very rarely support someone without a chance of winning. Think about why that is...

there's you answer - vicarious gloating. Doesn't say much for your motives now does it.:P

But to be more philosophical and less confrontational...

This is why I do understand what you're saying...

It is often the dillusion of the partisan footy fan (me) that because they invest more emotionally in their team's fortunes (for the last 30 years), they have more right to enjoy their victories and so assume that they do. I took my missis to her first premier league game when we visited the UK this summer and was amazed to see how much she completely loved the whole experience - more so than me. I was busy worrying until the final whistle, while she was chanting and screaming every oportunity at both ends. First I thought it a bit cheeky, but then I realised that she had just as much ability to enjoy the experience as me, because she was enjoying a quite different experience - one that she could get at any ground - one that she had every right to enjoy even had my team lost. I, on the other hand, could only enjoy my own experience by supporting my team.

I confess - I am a tech head. I love the cars, the design, the kinetic poetry that is a GP on the finest of tracks - for that I need nothing but quality drivers driving quality (and preferably less restricted) cars. I have enjoyed F1 for that very same reason since I was about 5 and Senna was battling Prost. One of my favourite ever races was when Olivier Panis won Monaco - I was on cloud nine for the next week.

So you see, it is not that you or I enjoy F1 more. We are enjoying completely different experiences. Apples and oranges. I can't enjoy the rapture that comes when your driver wins as you can. You can't enjoy the beauty of anyone winning with a stunning drive as a non-partisan can.

Probably you have developed that ability but in my personal experience I can tell you that I enjoy more a race/sport when I have a favorite driver/team and that doesn't stop me from enjoying what the rest are doing, I just post how much I enjoyed the Alonso/Webber battle in Bahrein 2004 and I really enjoy watching Hamilton doing things that you are not expecting specially in the wet but at least in my case, I need to have a favorite driver to get the most out of the race and I also need Alonso to loose in case my driver is out of the race.

You'll be waiting a long time then, because that won't happen I'm afraid.

I am just waiting on Kimi's decision to get a clearer picture of what could happen next year and yes you are right about Alonso, he just had a fast team-mate once let's see how he will deal with this specially if he doesn't start winning and gets beaten by Massa from the start.

Alonso actually had 2 fast teammates. Trulli was one of them. Unfortunately he disobeyed orders(his spat with Renault was well-kown) and he got fired. If you ask me, they simply did'nt like him being faster.

Alonso actually had 2 fast teammates. Trulli was one of them. Unfortunately he disobeyed orders(his spat with Renault was well-kown) and he got fired. If you ask me, they simply did'nt like him being faster.

Ya...I forgot that, thanks for reminding me...this will be one history with which I will use to p**s off Andres and Alehop.:D

Ya...I forgot that, thanks for reminding me...this will be one history with which I will use to p**s off Andres and Alehop.:D

I forgot that one too but it is a very handy piece of information for our purpose :naughty: