Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Suzuka Qualy & Race

It's 2 a.m. here. Don't expect me to write anything else.

Buemi just crashed at the start of Q1

End of Q1: Webber didn't qualify so last place for him (he totalled his car earlier). Liuzzi, Grosjean, Naki and Fisi out.

Buemio crashes his car...again...and thaht means Alonso can't make it into Q3 damn! Rosberg, Kubica, Alonso. Glock and Alguersari out

Alonso complaining to the stewards because the Brawns did not slow down under the yellow flags while he did, thus being pushed out of Q3 by them.

So its Vettel, Trulli, Hamilton, Sutil, Barrichello, Heidfeld, Button, Raikkonen, Kovy and whoever I forgot to mention.

I am tired. Goodnight.

Pos. Driver Weight [kg]

01 Sebastian Vettel 658.5

02 Jarno Trulli 655.5

03 Lewis Hamilton 656.0

04 Adrian Sutil 650.0

05 Rubens Barrichello 660.5

06 Nick Heidfeld 660.0

07 Jenson Button 658.5

08 Kimi R

Vettel keeps doing well under difficult circumstances!

A great sign for the future!

I would not mind if he was the one Ferrari hired instead of Kimi, but monobrow whistler...

Was warped by FIFA 10 & also lost track of time as I thought it was on next week :lol: ! Anyhoo, well done for Vettel & Trulli :blink: ! At least it was'nt @ Fuji otherwise Sutil would've been on pole cos of its straight line speed! What happened to Webber?? Anyhoo weights! Top 3: Vettel, Rubens & Kimi!

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/79191

Five drivers given grid penalties

By Pablo Elizalde Saturday, October 3rd 2009, 10:26 GMT

FiveFormula 1 drivers were given penalties for not lifting off during ayellow-flag period in qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix.

Championship leader Jenson Button, team-mate Rubens Barrichello,Renault driver Fernando Alonso, Force India's Adrian Sutil and ToroRosso's Sebastien Buemi were given five-place grid penalties after thesession.

The race stewards deemed the first four drivers had not lifted offsufficiently at the end of Q2, when Buemi had crashed, leaving debrison track.

Brawn team boss Ross Brawn said his drivers, who had not set a time until then, had not lifted at all.

"No, they swerved to avoid the problem. But they didn't lift off, no," said Brawn.

Swiss driver Buemi was also reprimanded by the stewards for drivingback to the pits with a damaged car and impeding other drivers.

Button had qualified in seventh, Barrichello in fifth, Alonso in 12th, Sutil in fourth and Buemi in 10th.

Pos Driver Team

1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault

2. Trulli Toyota

3. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes

4. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber

5. Raikkonen Ferrari

6. Rosberg Williams-Toyota

7. Kubica BMW-Sauber

8. Sutil Force India-Mercedes *

9. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes *

10. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari

11. Button Brawn-Mercedes *

12. Fisichella Ferrari

13. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes **

14. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari *

15. Nakajima Williams-Toyota

16. Grosjean Renault

17. Alonso Renault *

18. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes **

19. Glock Toyota ***

20. Webber Red Bull-Renault ***

* Five-place grid penalty

** Five-place grid penalty for changing gearbox

*** Will use new chassis so will start from the pitlane

01. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 658.5

02. Trulli Toyota 655.5

03. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 656.0

04. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 650.0

05. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 660.5

06. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 660.0

07. Button Brawn-Mercedes 658.5

08. Raikkonen Ferrari 661.0

09. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 675.0

10. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 665.4*

11. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 684.5*

12. Alonso Renault 689.5*

13. Kubica BMW-Sauber 686.0*

14. Glock Toyota -

15. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 682.5*

16. Fisichella Ferrari 661.5*

17. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 695.7*

18. Grosjean Renault 691.8*

19. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 682.5*

20. Webber Red Bull-Renault -

* declared weight

I would not mind if he was the one Ferrari hired instead of Kimi, but monobrow whistler...

Me neather :lol: !

I 've been saying Ferrari must hire Vettel the first time I saw him race the BMW Sauber!

I hope it will happen sooner than later!

Good,can't wait to see a Vettel-Hamilton fight,although I'm afraid that Vettel has got a comfortable car advantage.

If Hammy can get past Trulli at the beginning,it will get more interesting :D No,I don't think Trulli will be able to keep 2nd,or even 3rd (if nothing strange happens,that is)

Confusion over the actual grid with all the penalties and problems that have happened. The FIA have announced the grid will be official declared tomorrow.

Button is getting way too complacent. "I'm not worrying about Vettel". I know he has such a slim chance to win the title but the next 3 races are looking to be all Red Bull tracks (cept Abu Dahbi anything can happen there).

Vettel on pole and looking good for the win. Button down in 12th, Can easily have a shunt in the pack there and Barichello ahead with a heavier fuel load. I think Button needs to start worrying and put in a good performance, most drivers would of wrapped up the championship by now but Button seems adamant that he wants to throw it away.

This race and Interlargos is going to be the two most important races in Buttons career.

Happy that Kimi's starting 5th. Expect him to be on podium. Hope he protests against Ferrari's treatment of him by refusing to celebrate or touch the champagne. Or by smashing the bottle on LDM's head.

I would like to seem him driving fro Ferrari.

Happy that Kimi's starting 5th. Expect him to be on podium. Hope he protests against Ferrari's treatment of him by refusing to celebrate or touch the champagne. Or by smashing the bottle on LDM's head.

:lmavfa: I don't think Kimi will do that though, especially avoiding anything that has some alcohol content..:P...I don't think Kimi is a kind of guy who will speak about the past like the other drivers do....the only ones who will be talking about all that crap is us...:P

What a messy qualifying. Good job to Vettel I suppose. The start will be fun tomorrow I hope Vettel keeps his position, Heidfeld and Trulli will hopefully lose theirs to Hamilton and Raikkonen.

Alonso complaining to the stewards because the Brawns did not slow down under the yellow flags while he did, thus being pushed out of Q3 by them.

I don't quite understand this. Why did he complain about the Brawns, when he must've known that it will be revealed that he wasn't any better in this regard.

I don't quite understand this. Why did he complain about the Brawns, when he must've known that it will be revealed that he wasn't any better in this regard.

That's Alonso for you.

:lmavfa: I don't think Kimi will do that though, especially avoiding anything that has some alcohol content..:P...I don't think Kimi is a kind of guy who will speak about the past like the other drivers do....the only ones who will be talking about all that crap is us...:P

He is still talking about helping Ferrari to secure his place on the WDC, he knew this like he said for quite a while now and he didn't do anything at the momment so I think he won't do it now.