Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Racing9Network.com

First Look! 10 Usf1 Shop Photos Released Yesterday

One thing I don't understand, why is it a "shop" and not a "factory"? A shop to me is a building you go in and buy something. :P

And where is the coffee machine? Whithout one they will never succes!

edit: ... and the photocopier...

Hmm...but they do have a giant owen for Pizza...

One thing I don't understand, why is it a "shop" and not a "factory"? A shop to me is a building you go in and buy something. :P

In America, we shorten the word 'workshop' into 'shop'. For us, a factory refers to an assembly-line-ish workplace.

USF1_Shop_Photos_Racing9Network_com2.jpg

USF1_Shop_Photos_Racing9Network_com10.jpg

USF1_Shop_Photos_Racing9Network_com3.jpg

There is an awful lot missing for an F1 factory, I see no manufacturing ability except for an autoclave (which does not appear to be big enough to cook a floor in. maybe they can fit a chassis in there if it is long enough)

I guess we can assume that most of the car will be made outside and then assembled in house.

I was always under the impression that the Charlotte, NC base would be a "fake" shop where they pretend to have a team and a bunch of actors build pretend cars for tourists to come see, while the real work happens in Spain. That could be wrong, but if you choose to base yourself out of a NASCAR team (a backmarker, no less)'s former shop, you can't be serious about getting any actual work done there.

How long until they announce that they'll use the last car Ken Anderson designed (the Falcon IndyCar that never raced)? It'll only be 12 seconds off the pace.

There is an awful lot missing for an F1 factory, I see no manufacturing ability except for an autoclave (which does not appear to be big enough to cook a floor in. maybe they can fit a chassis in there if it is long enough)

I guess we can assume that most of the car will be made outside and then assembled in house.

Cmon...nobody shows the full thing.....esp in mainstream. :D

Cmon...nobody shows the full thing.....esp in mainstream. :D

Thats right, i never show the girls the full thing.....anymore than 8" and they run off......

But back to the pics.....nice to see them using Solidworks for their design work. His screen is smaller than mine though....

Problem.

The driver they have in that pretty little picture of the car looks relatively in shape. They really ought to take a massive beer gut into consideration if they plan on hiring any American drivers for next year. The aero could be messed up, and to make up for the weight, they can run without half the bodywork.

Problem.

The driver they have in that pretty little picture of the car looks relatively in shape. They really ought to take a massive beer gut into consideration if they plan on hiring any American drivers for next year. The aero could be messed up, and to make up for the weight, they can run without half the bodywork.

Danica Patrick is the answer to that problem, who cares is she is competitie or not she can always blame the new team and I'll be very happy having her in F1. :naughty:

Danica Patrick is the answer to that problem, who cares is she is competitie or not she can always blame the new team and I'll be very happy having her in F1. :naughty:

:lol: They're going to pay her $1,000,000 per race in NASCAR's second tier division to run part-time and not even be guaranteed of qualifying for the race. She's perfectly happy where she is. And I'd be, too.

I prefer Simona de Silvestro. It has nothing to do with how she looks, but rather how she drives. She's got potential and she's going to bring her $1,000,000 and change in prize money from hopefully winning the Atlantics championship this afternoon over to Europe to race F3 or F2 (she did a GP2 test a few years ago, but had no experience other than FBMW, so it's hard to judge her on that). She has the best shot of any female driver at F1, in my mind (she has some ties to Campos already).

I really appreciated when she said "we all look the same with our helmets on." I have no problems with Danica trying to "market herself" in interesting ways; if she wants to do that, she can, good for her, but I really like Simona trying to get to the top level on talent alone, and not on being able to put on skimpy little things that want to be clothes when they grow up and sell website domain names.

Granted, I'm not sure Simona would be the most effective person to put in a bikini to sell products, but you know what I mean.

Hmm, I'm going to sound sexist in this post and Eric will probably hate me for looking down on Simona (except I'm not meaning to in either case), but I doubt we'll see any females in F1 for a while yet. I can't see any for the next 5-7 years.

Not because they are bad. No. I just think there is a heck of a lot of talent elsewhere at the moment, proven talent that is knocking on the door of F1 right now.

Hmm, I'm going to sound sexist in this post and Eric will probably hate me for looking down on Simona (except I'm not meaning to in either case), but I doubt we'll see any females in F1 for a while yet. I can't see any for the next 5-7 years.

Not because they are bad. No. I just think there is a heck of a lot of talent elsewhere at the moment, proven talent that is knocking on the door of F1 right now.

Don't worry about Simona. She's done. Not coming to Europe. No F1. Got taken out in the final race, fell to third in the standings. That pays $0. It's over.

I can't predict who will be good enough for F1 or who will be ready. When there is a woman who is ready, she'll make it. There aren't any that I know of now, but in a few years, and a lot of drivers I've never heard of can start appearing in junior formula series and winning, so who knows? I hope to see the most deserving on the grid, whether they are male, female, neither, or both.