Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c21

Donnington Cancelled At Last?

After a year and a half of d#cking around can we finally agree that we will continue to race at Silverstone?

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/322420/Donington_misses_Ecclestones_latest_deadline/

I for one hope we stay at Silverstone mainly because I dont want to see donington ruined by turning it into an F1 approved ciruit.

Imagine the kraner curves and the old hairpin turned into a big tarmac carpark

After a year and a half of d#cking around can we finally agree that we will continue to race at Silverstone?

http://www.totalf1.c...atest_deadline/

I for one hope we stay at Silverstone mainly because I dont want to see donington ruined by turning it into an F1 approved ciruit.

Imagine the kraner curves and the old hairpin turned into a big tarmac carpark

I am sure damage has been done already, just that they couldn't do it on time...:P

But that aside... I am happy to hear this because of all those dirty politics that had gone behind dumping Silverstone..

Thanks Gillett for ruining what was once a great race track! Apparently the supporters of Gillett pulled out one by one yesterday leaving Donington with no money and a ruined track. Talk about a good example of how to screw it up big time! As a local to Donington, I am furious about what has been done to this brilliant track by a complete t*at.

Telling stat: This time last year 25% of all tickets had been sold for the British Grand Prix. 12 months on, not one ticket has been available to purchase.

Just announce Silverstone so us fans can book our tickets. Thanks muchly.

We will be racing at Silverstone this year and for the foreseeable future - end of.

We will be racing at Silverstone this year and for the foreseeable future - end of.

I agree 110%.

I am sure Bernie will sort out the future of the British GP. To do that he'll have to make a deal with Silverstone, my understanding is that they aren't interested in a one year deal for next year.

Well, they need to sort it out damn fast. i'm not saying this jsut because i'm British, but Britain has a massive interest in F1 and not having a British Grand Prix would hurt F1 big time.

Well, they need to sort it out damn fast. i'm not saying this jsut because i'm British, but Britain has a massive interest in F1 and not having a British Grand Prix would hurt F1 big time.

Correct, and it's especially important if we end up having two British WDC's on the grid next year. Bernie will sort it out, I have faith in the old man.

Correct, and it's especially important if we end up having two British WDC's on the grid next year. Bernie will sort it out, I have faith in the old man.

Don't you worry, Jawj, I'll ave yer know I've been talkin' to Bernie, an' 'e says to me 'e said, "Dave, don't git yer knickas all wadded up yer arse, mate, me mates at Krispy Fried Chicken 'ave me covered." They say they're gonna 'ave a KFC World, a bit like those blokes in Abu Dhabi 'ave with Ferrari, and 'ave the cars race in a big circle around the world's biggest KFC. It'll be 'eld in the USA, but called the Bri'ish Gran Pree, 'cos those Yanks don't 'ave the damndest idea where the 'ell they are, and we can just run it in New England, 'cos 'ell, meet the new England, same as the ol' England, surely you've 'eard that one, yeh George?

Dave

It was Bernie who created this mess for having a tantrum just because the BRDC wouldn't sell Silverstone to him. Why else would he have given the contract to Donington?

But then again, that is the cynic in me coming out.

I know! It would be like seeing F1 without Ferrari!

Apparently Gillett has got till the end of this week before he is hung he has to show Bernie the money.

This is getting beyond stupid. At this rate Gillett/Ecclestone will be the death of the British GP.

Bernie Ecclestone has denied handing Donington Park an extended deadline to prove it has the finances to fund its redevelopment and insisted that circuit boss Simon Gillett is now in breach of contract.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13102009/58/ecclestone-donington-deal.html

Last sentence is particularly enticing- 7 year deal for Silverstone?

Amen to that!

It's easy to forget sometimes that these people are adults from the way they act.

It is nothing compared to what is happening on the other sides..

http://totalf1.com/full_story/view/322680/FIA_quotarrogant_and_embarrassedquot_in_court_hearing/

That shows the current FIA is not democratic enough for our times....FIA is being run by retards who are usually forced into mental hospitals.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5626623,00.html

and that proves my thought further...

and about the British GP....Its funny actually, about a year or two ago Silverstone orgainizers were literally bullied by Bernie and they did everything he had asked them and then only to be dumped....not its Silverstone who seem to be in the commanding position....:clap3:

Is Donnington finally dead? Some reports are saying yes and some are still hanging onto a wisp of hope.

I truly hope it's dead (which is quite different from hoping Trulli was dead). Silverstone is fine (mostly because I don't have to slog through the mud and bad parking to see the race).

What's that? Jarno Trulli is dead? Is Sutil to blame? Or is it that Jarno was a big Ari Vatanen fan?

Yeah, i'm not even going to raise an eyebrow. It's even less suprising than Fernando Alonso being confirmed at Ferrari! I think everybody involved in making the British GP need to seriously get their heads down and work to get the race ready. As I've said before, if there is not a British GP next year, it will have a massive negative effect on F1. And Bernie knows it.

What's that? Jarno Trulli is dead? Is Sutil to blame? Or is it that Jarno was a big Ari Vatanen fan?

:lol:

Thats dribbler on form...

:D Ah, now you are finally ready to mingle in any forum!

Is Donnington finally dead? Some reports are saying yes and some are still hanging onto a wisp of hope.

I truly hope it's dead (which is quite different from hoping Trulli was dead). Silverstone is fine (mostly because I don't have to slog through the mud and bad parking to see the race).

It's quite true that Donington are screwed now. No F1, No MotoGP, No money and a ruined track that means it'll be difficult for any races to take place there anyway.

Thanks Gillett for ruining a once great track!

The British Grand Prix will be saved. Bernie said "we can live without a British Grand Prix," which means Silverstone will crap themselves and give him the extra money/hooker/piece of chicken he wants. He knows damn well they need the British Grand Prix, and he knows equally damn well that it will be at Silverstone in 2010.

As for Donington, Gillett had good intentions. If you can get the pinnacle of motorsport to even consider your facility, you can't just say no. It would have been huge for the track, and it's unfortunate that he failed. It's no different than the careers of guys like Giorgio Pantano; there are probably plenty of people p**sed off at him right now (assuming he had investors), or some people who aren't p**sed off but would be if they weren't his family, that he pursued F1 instead of doing something less risky (he easily could have taken a stable IndyCar ride for a solid million USD per season and been done with it, but as a racing driver, why would he want to do that when he had a shot at the world's biggest racing division?). Donington did the same; they just had more people to p**s off. I wouldn't be too worried; someone will save the track, whether it's Gillett or someone new. 2010 may be a throw away year, but they'll get their Sh#t together eventually and find some races to fill in the gaps, even if none have the magnitude of a grand prix.