Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Felipe 1 Fernando 0

Massa: Alonso knew about race-fixing

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, October 15th 2009, 07:42 GMT

Felipe Massa says he remains suspicious that Fernando Alonso did know about the deliberate crash plot at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix - but has vowed not to let it affect his future relationship with the Spaniard.

Massa spoke to Brazilian media during a get-together in Sao Paulo on Wednesday and, during the lunch, he said he was in no doubt that Alonso had to have been aware of the plans for Nelson Piquet to crash deliberately in the Singapore event last year to try and help him win.

"In all, he is the least of the problem," Massa was quoted as saying by the Brazilian media about Alonso's involvement in the affair.

"It was the team and Nelson - but Alonso was part of the problem. He knew. We can not know it [but] of course he knew. [it's an] absolute certainty."

The comments created a huge media storm in Brazil ahead of this weekend's grand prix, and Massa and Ferrari moved to clarify the remarks in a statement issued on the Maranello team's official website on Wednesday evening.

In it, Massa said that his comments relate to a feeling he has rather than being based on facts, and he totally respects the FIA's findings from its investigations that Alonso was not aware of the crash plot.

"What I've said is the outcome of a hunch I've had and is not based on any concrete evidence," Massa said in his statement. "The FIA World Council announced that there was no indication that Fernando may have been informed of what had happened and I respect this outcome.

"Obviously I'm very disappointed about what transpired last year in Singapore: I have already said several times what I thought about it and now it's time to close that chapter and to look to the future.

"What is certain is that this episode will not mar in any way the relationship I'll have with Fernando when we will be team-mates."

-----------------------------------

I love this guy!

oh god....i can imagine Felipe kissing fernando godfather 2 style and telling him "you broke my heart Fredo"

Haha Someone knows how to get my attention from a thread title, although I thought you'd somehow counted their testicles. And Felipe's comments are indeed very interesting, coming from someone who surely knows how F1 works.

I am sure the pair will get along well, i mean there already talking about eachother and they havent even been teammates yet. Yea there are going to get on REAL well.

Sorry you don't know how to count.

Felipe 0 (world championship) Fernando 2 (world championships)

Of course he knew, I said it form the beggining, anyone who said he didn't it is just talking what he wants to think about this, but the real fact is that this whole thing just wouldn't work without Alonso knowledge/involment, you need to believe in your strategy in order for you to make it work, you need to understand it, you just don't go out to drive, without having any goals or expectations, you just don't drive expecting everybody to have a failure and that stuff of starting that race in the lightest fuel load from that position is very suspicious for any driver, you don't accept that kind of strategy with questioning and Alonso's comments that he leave the strategies to his engineers make is even more clear that he was looking for a way out of this.

I am sory for those who disagree, it is you right to do so and to think whatever you want but you are just fooling yourself by believing a lie, I mean if you really believe it which I doubt too.

Massa would know of race fixing, of course... after all, is it really necessary to remind anyone of the races he himself has fixed? Those "peculiar" passes in the pits, for instance, that allowed certain teammates to score points, podiums, victories...

On related and equally amusing news, there is a rumor around that Hamilton is trying to veto Kimi's arrival at McLaren.

It has not started yet and already next season makes me smile...

Massa would know of race fixing, of course... after all, is it really necessary to remind anyone of the races he himself has fixed? Those "peculiar" passes in the pits, for instance, that allowed certain teammates to score points, podiums, victories...

On related and equally amusing news, there is a rumor around that Hamilton is trying to veto Kimi's arrival at McLaren.

What is he afraid of? :naughty:

Massa is trying to make Alonso's life as harder as possible before he joins Ferrari, he's trying to make difficult his adaptation to the team and the tifosi but I don't think it will work. Only numbers will matter. I think he only started talking about Alonso after his arrival at Ferrari was made public. Massa should think about his first couple of races in 2008, that cost him the title. Or he should ask Ferrari for their mistake in Singapore. He's accusing Alonso for something already judged and sentenced where FIA remarked that Alonso didn't know anything about it.

It was funny that Pat Symonds was guilty of cheating because he used to say that Alonso lost control when a teammate beat him. What's his credit know?

I think Mercedes, and some people that worked with him in the past, want Kimi there for next season but Hamilton's daddy and some McLaren directors are doing their best to bring a weaker teammate. The story about Alonso in 2007 and the disadvantage of having 2 very good drivers is the main reason they repeat 24/7/365. What I know is that Mercedes are fed up with how things worked out in the past. They know what happened in 2007 and why they lost both championships, they know too that with a stronger driver along with Hamilton they would have won the WCC and even Hamilton made too many mistakes in 2008 to Mercedes's eyes.

But hey, around here it's Alonso who didn't want to partner Kimi in Ferrari. Yes, Alonso is that driver that would never find a team and blah, blah, blah... Remember?

And we still have to laugh a bit more this season while smiling about next one.

Yup, definitely brain damage for Felipinho. In any case, winning the race with a fuel rig still attached to his car would have been rather difficult.

I must confess that Massa's sudden lack of sportmanship (used to be called "whining", but apparently, people only uses such word against a single driver) made even me _smile_

Yup, definitely brain damage for Felipinho. In any case, winning the race with a fuel rig still attached to his car would have been rather difficult.

I must confess that Massa's sudden lack of sportmanship (used to be called "whining", but apparently, people only uses such word against a single driver) made even me _smile_

If you know about races you know that one thing lead to another adn it is impossible to predict what would have happened without that crash, but one thing I can tell you for sure adn is it that the race would have finished with a different result, so yes, the race and th whole championship was altered by that crash adn that is a fact, the same it is true for non intentional crashes too, the difference is that in this case there was intention to alter the final result, just like it happen, Massa is right when he said he lost the championship because of that crash, without it, he would (propably) had a normal pit stop as the cars would be with some gap between them creating a less tense pit stop, obviously you won see it this way, but that's the way it was, anyway, I'll be around if need further details.

If you know about races you know that one thing lead to another adn it is impossible to predict what would have happened without that crash, but one thing I can tell you for sure adn is it that the race would have finished with a different result, so yes, the race and th whole championship was altered by that crash adn that is a fact, the same it is true for non intentional crashes too, the difference is that in this case there was intention to alter the final result, just like it happen, Massa is right when he said he lost the championship because of that crash, without it, he would (propably) had a normal pit stop as the cars would be with some gap between them creating a less tense pit stop, obviously you won see it this way, but that's the way it was, anyway, I'll be around if need further details.

So, basically, you admit that Alonso was "robbed" of his 2007 WDC at Hungary?

Wow, that is a bold statement, because me, being an Alonso fan, never considered it a serious argument.

So, basically, you admit that Alonso was "robbed" of his 2007 WDC at Hungary?

Wow, that is a bold statement, because me, being an Alonso fan, never considered it a serious argument.

Let me remind you that Alonso willfully/intentionally blocked Hamilton in the pit lane and he was punished for that action, whatever happened between them, they should have fixed it within the team, not taking that action Alonso took on track, obviously Alonso couldn't do it this way, he had to force his way and he was penalized for his own action, in other words, he lost the WDC just because of his actions, not because anyone else's. so he is the only one to blame for that, I was talking about a completely different subject, if you can't get the point/idea, let me know to explain it to you in spanish.

Au contraire, my friend. You haven't thought this through. With the fuel rig still attached, he wouldn't have had to pit again and so would have won the race!

Let me remind you that Alonso willfully/intentionally blocked Hamilton in the pit lane and he was punished for that action, whatever happened between them, they should have fixed it within the team, not taking that action Alonso took on track, obviously Alonso couldn't do it this way, he had to force his way and he was penalized for his own action, in other words, he lost the WDC just because of his actions, not because anyone else's. so he is the only one to blame for that, I was talking about a completely different subject, if you can't get the point/idea, let me know to explain it to you in spanish.

I was just making a joke about your reasoning (and Felipe's). No need to go thorugh all the nauseating 2007/2008 Alonso and Alonso haters issue.

The fact was and still remains that neither you nor Felipe can see the difference between a TAINTED championship and a ROBBED championship.

Last year championship was tainted due to the crashgate (among many other things). Did it cost Felipe the WDC? He (and you, and whoever agrees) must be kidding. It is simply stupid to believe that if the crashgate didn't happen all the other things (except for Massa winning that race) would have been remained the same. Under such light, Lewis was robbed of his WDC because of the Spa incident. It simply doesn't work that way. If (and this is a HUGE "if") Massa had won in Singapore, perhaps his engine would have given up at some other race. Lewis will certainly would have pushed harder...who know what would have happened?

Of course the crash gate tainted the championship. But it didn't deprive Massa of his "deserved" WDC any more than Nico's misteriously delayed drive through at that same race, for example.

Au contraire, my friend. You haven't thought this through. With the fuel rig still attached, he wouldn't have had to pit again and so would have won the race!

:lol: But of course! Those Ferrari guys have it all covered!

Clever b#####ds!

I was just making a joke about your reasoning (and Felipe's). No need to go thorugh all the nauseating 2007/2008 Alonso and Alonso haters issue.

The fact was and still remains that neither you nor Felipe can see the difference between a TAINTED championship and a ROBBED championship.

Last year championship was tainted due to the crashgate (among many other things). Did it cost Felipe the WDC? He (and you, and whoever agrees) must be kidding. It is simply stupid to believe that if the crashgate didn't happen all the other things (except for Massa winning that race) would have been remained the same. Under such light, Lewis was robbed of his WDC because of the Spa incident. It simply doesn't work that way. If (and this is a HUGE "if") Massa had won in Singapore, perhaps his engine would have given up at some other race. Lewis will certainly would have pushed harder...who know what would have happened?

Of course the crash gate tainted the championship. But it didn't deprive Massa of his "deserved" WDC any more than Nico's misteriously delayed drive through at that same race, for example.

It is like I toold you one thing lead to another, but we will never know how the final result of the whole championship may have been without this crash, the only thing for sure now is that we all know that that race result was altered and the number may have been different at the end of the year and I don't say in Massa's direction but different, in my country I was part of a GTS team and I can tell you that a single drop of water made us loose a race and I was first row witness of that "one thing lead to another" saying.

It is like I toold you one thing lead to another, but we will never know how the final result of the whole championship may have been without this crash, the only thing for sure now is that we all know that that race result was altered and the number may have been different at the end of the year and I don't say in Massa's direction but different, in my country I was part of a GTS team and I can tell you that a single drop of water made us loose a race and I was first row witness of that "one thing lead to another" saying.

Now, that's a reasonable thing to say and some thing I agree with. Of course, the championship was tainted. If Felipe has just said that, it would have been a very obvious but true statement. Saying that if not for the crash gate he would have won the race and the championship is taking things too far.

And stirring all this at this precise moment sounds more like Massa is acting like a spoilt kid whining against his possible teammate. This time is not about Alonso's attitude but about Massa. He is obviously trying to throw mud on his future teammate and make him react...a rather cheap shot.

Massa was maturing into quite an interesting driver while at the same time being rather nice (besides throwing fits like the one that inspired the "Felipe, baby, be cool!" quote). But things like this are barely the acts of a nice guy who does not fear competition. You can't charge this one on Alonso's account. The guy didn't say anything about his future teammate. You can tell where the fear is...

Now, that's a reasonable thing to say and some thing I agree with. Of course, the championship was tainted. If Felipe has just said that, it would have been a very obvious but true statement. Saying that if not for the crash gate he would have won the race and the championship is taking things too far.

And stirring all this at this precise moment sounds more like Massa is acting like a spoilt kid whining against his possible teammate. This time is not about Alonso's attitude but about Massa. He is obviously trying to throw mud on his future teammate and make him react...a rather cheap shot.

Massa was maturing into quite an interesting driver while at the same time being rather nice (besides throwing fits like the one that inspired the "Felipe, baby, be cool!" quote). But things like this are barely the acts of a nice guy who does not fear competition. You can't charge this one on Alonso's account. The guy didn't say anything about his future teammate. You can tell where the fear is...

I can tell that the fact that we don't know how could have finish the year without that crash doesn't mean Massa was wrong because that is one of the possible results, he can say that and we won't have any reason to tell him he is wrong becasue maybe he is right but we just don't know it.

[...]Meanwhile, Alonso has played down Massa's dubious welcome to the Ferrari team after the latter insisted that he must have known about Nelson Piquet's notorious deliberate crash in Singapore last year.

"It's not very important for me," Alonso said. "I'm not too worried. It will not affect anything, me or the relationship - I actually think we will be great. It will be a good group and we will be very strong next year," he said.[...]

Source: http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/322832/Barrichello_defends_Massa_comments_Alonso_nonplussed/

Let me save you typing a reply: "of course he would say that. He feels guilty because he knows it's true. That is why he tries to cool things down". If something of that sort was what you were thinking, then you are hopeless. :P

Now, who has an attitude problem? Who fears competition? Massa...or Alonso? Frankly, I never expected this from Massa. I was just hoping they both would solve who is better on track. Seems like Felipinho thinks otherwise, though.

Source: http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/322832/Barrichello_defends_Massa_comments_Alonso_nonplussed/

Let me save you typing a reply: "of course he would say that. He feels guilty because he knows it's true. That is why he tries to cool things down". If something of that sort was what you were thinking, then you are hopeless. :P

Now, who has an attitude problem? Who fears competition? Massa...or Alonso? Frankly, I never expected this from Massa. I was just hoping they both would solve who is better on track. Seems like Felipinho thinks otherwise, though.

You already know what I think about this and Alonso haven't said anything to make me think differently so why would I change my mind? and answer me this simple question, how could Massa be afraid of Alonso when he was the team-mate of the two best F1 driver of the recent times? Massa is it used to have fast team-mate and I am pretty sure that he will have easier next year, just wait and see.