Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Interlagos - D O D

32 members have voted

1. 1. DOD?

• Webber
    • Kubica
    • Hamilton
    • Vettel
    • Button
    • Kimi

Just for today's drive, Kubi, Hammy, Vettel did very well. So a tied 3-way for me. Kimi drove the wheels off his car, but not much to show for it. :( Mark drove a solid race. Jense also did excellently to end up 5th, but not the best drive of today.

Just for today's drive, Kubi, Hammy, Vettel did very well. So a tied 3-way for me. Kimi drove the wheels off his car, but not much to show for it. sad.gif Mark drove a solid race. Jense also did excellently to end up 5th, but not the best drive of today.

Ditto!

But voted for Kubi on account he is Polish.

Alonso of course. He managed to put the car under control after Sutil and Trulli were crashing into each other and he was undeservedly involved. And, and, and... after that crash he just said 'those things happen' while Sutil and Trulli were still trying to find an explanation, eh? meeting.gif

The anti-DOD would be Trulli. He was attacking on the outside, and then complained about Sutil not seeing him and maintaining his race line. At best, it was just a racing accident. Trulli'sbehavior was just appalling.

Had to watch the race amidst a 3 nephews and friends hurricane. Not easy at all. Congratulations to the Buttonites...they deserve the title more than their own idol :lol:

Button went from 9th to 5th (I know he started from 14th, but many cars politely took themselves out of the way so he was 9th before he could spell Alguersuari)...and he made a nice overtaking move on...Kobayashi! Wow! Is he the best WDC ever or what? Rubinho deserved better, but his many unforced errors and inmanent bad luck aren't exactly the traits needed to beat JB to the title. For me, Kubica was the DoD. I'm glad the guy is going to Renault next year! :D

Great drives by Kobayashi for a debut race, Webber for a good win and Hammy/Vettel for a gritted teeth effort. Another DoD goes to Nando for deliberately crashing against Sutil and helping Grosjean make it to 13th. *tapping the side of my nose*

It seemed some guy were overexcited in the first laps. Trulli behavior was pathetic. Webber again changed his line when a car was trying to overtake him... :eusa_think: he better watch the mirrors! Rubinho is consecuent with his karma: lady lucks always watch in other directions...

well Jense is a deserved champion moitly for this race and keep cool I saw worst things in the past!

will hold off on voting until i see the race - watched live timing until 2 o'clock this morning - feeling Sh#t now.

from the looks of that webber, vettel, button and hamilton had great races - i could be wrong though - will have to wait and see.

feel sorry for rubens, but he can't complain - he just didn't do the business - the puncture didn't make any difference.

feel sorry for sutil too - he had a real oportunity to do well.

I ticked all checkboxes and would've still ticked some more. Many drivers not in the list did well too. Kobayashi, for instance, being his first race.

Anyway, not a bad race (from the DoD point of view), inspite it all.

right just finished watching the race - it was a good one too.

dod's - hamilton, vettel, button, kubica, webber - amazing drives from all 5.

hamilton's strategy change helped with the safety car, but he made it stick with some very fast laps.

vettel and button were in the same boat and handled it amazingly - just hung it all out there and showed why they were championship contenders.

kubica - a very pleasant surprise - he deserves it - i hope renault give him a decent car next year.

webber - did what he needed to do and was pretty calm in the execution.

kobayashi impressed. good for him. would like to see him get a seat next year. at times (especially on nakajima's crash) he was a bit risky. had he moved accross more gradually it would have been better - it was a pretty sudden swipe and there wasn't much nakajima could do to avoid it. but he did very well, these are just teething troubles - like the way he didn't give up places easily - tenacity is good.

Plenty of candidates - but Kobsackyonekonobi?.... If his insanity wears off he'll be good!

Agreed that Kubitza, Vettel, Hamilton and Webbo all did splendid jobs.

Hard to call for DOD, gave it to Jenson - because I wanted him to win? I admit to bias, but my vote is mainly because of his drive in the face of huge, massive pressure, great passing - round the outside of his Spa play-thing, Gross Jean? Brave indeed. Kept a cool head, intelligently aggressive.

Has to be Jenson for his overtaking moves. Despite Hamilton and Vettel finishing higher, they both benefitted from better strategies!

Kimi got my vote he had a great race which could have been a lot better if not for that contact with Webber and besides that if Obama got the Nobel Kimi can get the DOD based on what he can/try to do. :naughty:

Honorable mention to Alonso :P

I ticked all checkboxes and would've still ticked some more. Many drivers not in the list did well too. Kobayashi, for instance, being his first race.

Anyway, not a bad race (from the DoD point of view), inspite it all.

I agree, I even found it to be great, I wanted Rubens to win it and Kimi to finish second, none happened but I enjoyed this race a lot specially Kobayashi adn Jenson, Interlagos is a great track there shoud be two races every season at that track.

Ah! I see a new Sato in form of Kobayashi, fast and agressive, very fun to watch, yess....I hope they have him next year..cmon Toyota....

Vettle and Kubi, they gained the most places and drove as best as they possibly could.

Like the Speed crew said, Button finally drove a good race again but only once he really needed to again. Not really a convincing argument for DoD in my book, doing what your job description says. Should I get a gold star every time I make a coffee if I work at Starbucks? Gold star, you did what we pay you for. Every WDC since Schumi has been a whining little kid, well except Kimi because he never says anything good or bad.

Oh no, my perm is going to get messed up with a helmet on! My team does not like me, my crew are idiots, its not my fault, its all someone else's fault! People are out to get me, I get penalties for braking the rules! The press does not like me, I need more money! The guy in front of me is not letting me past! Boo Hoo Hoo!!

Shut up and race. There is a reason Mika and Schumi and Clark and Senna and Mansel and Stewart and Rindt and a whole host of others will always be better drivers than today's pampered poodles. There is a reason drivers like Fangio, Senna, Prost and Schumi won so many titles. They drove till the wheels fell off, they were great strategists, they could sit and wait till someone made a mistake and then capitalize, when all else failed they could turn on the after burner and be 2 seconds faster than anybody else on track. And best of all, they did it all the time, not just when they needed to. It was all or nothing all the time.

Look at Donnington 93, when senna was past all of them did he still need to push to have such a gap after 1 lap? Look at Spain 96, did schumi need to be half a second quicker a lap when he was in the lead like that? Brazil 06, did schumi need to push like that with no hope? Arnoux and Vileneuve, did they have to push like that for second in a championship they were not contending?

I think there is many candidates for this, Webber, Kubica, Hamilton, Vettel, Button even Kobayashi did well (we'll ignore the swerving) but my vote goes to Kubica.

Had to watch the race amidst a 3 nephews and friends hurricane. Not easy at all. Congratulations to the Buttonites...they deserve the title more than their own idol :lol:

Button went from 9th to 5th (I know he started from 14th, but many cars politely took themselves out of the way so he was 9th before he could spell Alguersuari)...and he made a nice overtaking move on...Kobayashi! Wow! Is he the best WDC ever or what? Rubinho deserved better, but his many unforced errors and inmanent bad luck aren't exactly the traits needed to beat JB to the title. For me, Kubica was the DoD. I'm glad the guy is going to Renault next year! :D

Great drives by Kobayashi for a debut race, Webber for a good win and Hammy/Vettel for a gritted teeth effort. Another DoD goes to Nando for deliberately crashing against Sutil and helping Grosjean make it to 13th. *tapping the side of my nose*

...and so it begins - bloody KBF's!:lol:

No Kubi drove a great race, Vettel and Ham did too. My vote went to Button, for doing well under pressure.

Kobiyashi, hands down. The guy made Button look foolish and the swerving I saw was minor..Jesus Button, if you're championship material then stop complaining and pass the guy! What minor swerving I did see I can easily credit that to Kobiyashi learning the line in an F1 car, on unfamiliar rubber and on a damp track. Compared to the fool that is Jarno Trulli, Kobiyashi did damned well. As to the Nakajima 'incident', from the rear-wing camera angle I saw, Kob stayed on the line, driving towards the inside as you are supposed to do there and Nakajima tried, and failed, to go up the inside. Anyone who bounces their right front off the left rear of an opponent clearly didn't set the pass up correctly. Maybe Nakajima's helmet is on too tight? And lets not forget Kob's great dicing with one of the boring blue cars out there. He held the line and gave room like a pro.

I marked Alonso and Hamilton out as world champions and....I'm not going to go that far for Kobiyashi Maru. I think he's a race winner in a good car, though, and really should have a drive next season. He's by far the best Japanese driver to hit F1 in my memory.

On a side note, my 'Idiot of the Day' is Jarno Trulli. Passing on the outside, getting his car completely on the cold, damp rumble strip and then giving it some wellie right there was just plain stupid. What galled me the most, however, was that he got all hot and bothered at Sutil! For what? Sutil held the line like a good mechano-driver and it was then Trulli's decision to either back off or try for the pass. He tried for the pass, screwed it up, and has only himself to blame for it. Go back to your winery, Trulli! (interesting that the way we American's pronounce 'whinging' is 'whine-ing'....nicely similar to wine.)

Congo rats to Jenson for holding on to enough points to win the championship. I can't exactly call it a storming victory, but it's still a victory. I must say that I'm enjoying crow with my scotch tonight as I remember saying that Jens wouldn't ever win another race....and that Honduh/Brawn weren't worth all the hype. It turns out that when you have a whole season to create your car with bits that some other teams aren't using, you can do pretty well.....until the big boys catch up, that is. But crow is crow and I'll grumpily eat my share of it.

Vettle and Kubi, they gained the most places and drove as best as they possibly could.

Like the Speed crew said, Button finally drove a good race again but only once he really needed to again. Not really a convincing argument for DoD in my book, doing what your job description says. Should I get a gold star every time I make a coffee if I work at Starbucks? Gold star, you did what we pay you for. Every WDC since Schumi has been a whining little kid, well except Kimi because he never says anything good or bad.

Oh no, my perm is going to get messed up with a helmet on! My team does not like me, my crew are idiots, its not my fault, its all someone else's fault! People are out to get me, I get penalties for braking the rules! The press does not like me, I need more money! The guy in front of me is not letting me past! Boo Hoo Hoo!!

Shut up and race. There is a reason Mika and Schumi and Clark and Senna and Mansel and Stewart and Rindt and a whole host of others will always be better drivers than today's pampered poodles. There is a reason drivers like Fangio, Senna, Prost and Schumi won so many titles. They drove till the wheels fell off, they were great strategists, they could sit and wait till someone made a mistake and then capitalize, when all else failed they could turn on the after burner and be 2 seconds faster than anybody else on track. And best of all, they did it all the time, not just when they needed to. It was all or nothing all the time.

Look at Donnington 93, when senna was past all of them did he still need to push to have such a gap after 1 lap? Look at Spain 96, did schumi need to be half a second quicker a lap when he was in the lead like that? Brazil 06, did schumi need to push like that with no hope? Arnoux and Vileneuve, did they have to push like that for second in a championship they were not contending?

I don't know why but I enjoyed this post a lot :clap3:

Kobiyashi, hands down. The guy made Button look foolish and the swerving I saw was minor..Jesus Button, if you're championship material then stop complaining and pass the guy! What minor swerving I did see I can easily credit that to Kobiyashi learning the line in an F1 car, on unfamiliar rubber and on a damp track. Compared to the fool that is Jarno Trulli, Kobiyashi did damned well. As to the Nakajima 'incident', from the rear-wing camera angle I saw, Kob stayed on the line, driving towards the inside as you are supposed to do there and Nakajima tried, and failed, to go up the inside. Anyone who bounces their right front off the left rear of an opponent clearly didn't set the pass up correctly. Maybe Nakajima's helmet is on too tight? And lets not forget Kob's great dicing with one of the boring blue cars out there. He held the line and gave room like a pro.

I marked Alonso and Hamilton out as world champions and....I'm not going to go that far for Kobiyashi Maru. I think he's a race winner in a good car, though, and really should have a drive next season. He's by far the best Japanese driver to hit F1 in my memory.

On a side note, my 'Idiot of the Day' is Jarno Trulli. Passing on the outside, getting his car completely on the cold, damp rumble strip and then giving it some wellie right there was just plain stupid. What galled me the most, however, was that he got all hot and bothered at Sutil! For what? Sutil held the line like a good mechano-driver and it was then Trulli's decision to either back off or try for the pass. He tried for the pass, screwed it up, and has only himself to blame for it. Go back to your winery, Trulli! (interesting that the way we American's pronounce 'whinging' is 'whine-ing'....nicely similar to wine.)

Congo rats to Jenson for holding on to enough points to win the championship. I can't exactly call it a storming victory, but it's still a victory. I must say that I'm enjoying crow with my scotch tonight as I remember saying that Jens wouldn't ever win another race....and that Honduh/Brawn weren't worth all the hype. It turns out that when you have a whole season to create your car with bits that some other teams aren't using, you can do pretty well.....until the big boys catch up, that is. But crow is crow and I'll grumpily eat my share of it.

Kobayashi was really impresive I can't say it enough, just look at what Fisico is doing in a Ferrari and this guy came out of nowhere to teach the veterans how to drive a F1, I hope to him in the grid next season.

:lol: Same happened to me!! Two 3 year old cousins + 9 noisy adults in a living room.I've watched it again now cause I missed a lot of things!

Lovely post!! I agree,word by word.

But don't get used to such an honour :D

...and so it begins - bloody KBF's!:lol:

No Kubi drove a great race, Vettel and Ham did too. My vote went to Button, for doing well under pressure.

Ahh..I will indulge in one of my favorite hobbies and pick your post as a starting point to actually reply to everybody else. So, as usual, when I refer to a "smelly drunk fart-sniffing fetishist bum" you know I don't mean you, and that I am not saying it in a derisive way, right?

Anyways, about that "delivering under pressure" which seems to be the biggest argument in favor of Button's votes: it's a pressure he brought on himself thanks to a dismal half of season....so even if he actually drove pretty fine this time, it's nothing any other driver had done before (i.e. delivering one good race). The first races he won? He was good. He was ultra efficient. Was he impressive? Nah. Massa can do that, too. Heidfeld, Rosberg, as well. And I don't like any of those drivers. They can all have flawless races, but nothing more. If you have the perfect car, then you can win (except for Rubinho, poor guy). Heck, even Schumi won on the perfect car at least one WDC. But I like the guys that can outdrive their cars even when that means ruining a race, or two. That is why I love Alonso. That is why I have to respect Lewis although grudgingly so. That is what I like about Kubica, and that is what made Schumi 7 times WDC even when he didnt get 7 times the perfect car.

Of course, this is all 100% pure subjectivity here. To me, Button is a Damon Hill-type of WDC. Worthy? Yes. Memorable? Hardly. Like I said, a circle can be perfect, but a perfect circle is not necessarily a funny thing. Some peole love uber tidy drivers. I prefer them a little rough on the edge but fighters.

Ok, now I've gotta run before they start throwing rocks at me.

:lol: