Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Fia Vote

T or V  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Read all 4 options...

• Todt is better AND Todt will win
    • Todt is better BUT Vatanen will win
    • Vatanen is better AND Vatanen will win
    • Vatanen is better BUT Todt will win

So - how do we predict it going?

I'm interested to see who you thinks better for the job, but also who you think will actually win the vote.

As a measure of our belief in F1 democracy - Personally I'm a cynic in this case - I trust Max has got enough dirty on enough voters to give it to Todt. :)

With Max as your attack dog, who needs a campaign. And you can bet that if Todt takes it Max will claim credit and weild a heavy influence over Todt's leadership as a result. The days of favours for friends won't be over and what's worse it'll be the same of privalged few as now.

I know people will start saying 'but Todt is more experienced' (which seems to be the only argument for him)

To which my answer is - 'yes, he is. he is more experienced at cheating and using deception to get what he wants' - just what the FIA needs more of.

I also disagree that experience is the be all and end all of recruitment. I have given jobs to inexperienced people over experienced ones before (when I worked in intranet systems for a big faceless company in UK) on the basis that I thought they could do the job better and probably with more original thinking (plus, I had to work with them - and nicer people are always better to work with).

I respect Todt for his achievments, but he's really NOT what the FIA needs right now after 16 years of Max.

EDIT - And yes - Sadly (but not unlike any vote these days), I would vote for Vatanen purely on the basis that he isn't Todt. I admit, I don't really think he'd be the best guy for the job, but he's the lesser of two evils.

PS - just saw a vote on guardian newspaper site - 90% in favour of Vatanen. People plainly think Todt is Max's bitch.

Agree pretty much with all that. Vatanen is probably not the best man for the job, but I don't think the best man is standing for election.

The FIA fear change, in my opinion. So change will not happen. Too many people in comfy posts who want to keep them.

Vat has better intentions. Todt will win. Mosley will be spanked. Ecclestone will make some big bucks.

Vat has better intentions. Todt will win. Mosley will be spanked. Ecclestone will make some big bucks.

Amen..

I agree with everyone else, Todt: more competent, better candidate if not for bias concerns; Vatanen: better for the sport, an end to the current regime.

I expect Todt to win because it seems to me the FIA is rotten to the absolute core - whoever is supported by the incumbent President is much more likely to win.

I'm not entirely convinced that Todt would be an extension of Mosley's leadership though (Todt never seemed like anyone's bitch to me, far too smart). I think he has made a big mistake by using Mosley's team of people to campaign - it just added to the idea that he would be a continuation of Max's regime.

people posting seem to generally agree.

would be interested to know your thinking JHS - especially why you think Vatanen will win - hope he does personally, but not holding my breath.

votes so far...

who's better? - Vatanen 11 : Todt 2

who will win? - Vatanen 4 : Todt 9

will the vote represent our wishes (whatever they may be)? - Yes 4 : No 9

is todt not dissimilar to a small piglet suitable only for roasting on a spit? - Yes 8497 : No 1

people posting seem to generally agree.

would be interested to know your thinking JHS - especially why you think Vatanen will win - hope he does personally, but not holding my breath.

votes so far...

who's better? - Vatanen 11 : Todt 2

who will win? - Vatanen 4 : Todt 9

will the vote represent our wishes (whatever they may be)? - Yes 4 : No 9

is todt not dissimilar to a small piglet suitable only for roasting on a spit? - Yes 8497 : No 1

I also voted Ari better but Jean will win.

I long for a change but the cynic in me says we will end up with Mosleys clone at the helm (secret squirrel club and all that)

I would rather see Vatanen get elected but I suspect Todt will win all the marbles. I wish I was more optimistic for the possibility for substative change with the departure of Max M. but I won't hold my breath.

So - how do we predict it going?

I'm interested to see who you thinks better for the job, but also who you think will actually win the vote.

As a measure of our belief in F1 democracy - Personally I'm a cynic in this case - I trust Max has got enough dirty on enough voters to give it to Todt. :)

With Max as your attack dog, who needs a campaign. And you can bet that if Todt takes it Max will claim credit and weild a heavy influence over Todt's leadership as a result. The days of favours for friends won't be over and what's worse it'll be the same of privalged few as now.

I know people will start saying 'but Todt is more experienced' (which seems to be the only argument for him)

To which my answer is - 'yes, he is. he is more experienced at cheating and using deception to get what he wants' - just what the FIA needs more of.

I also disagree that experience is the be all and end all of recruitment. I have given jobs to inexperienced people over experienced ones before (when I worked in intranet systems for a big faceless company in UK) on the basis that I thought they could do the job better and probably with more original thinking (plus, I had to work with them - and nicer people are always better to work with).

I respect Todt for his achievments, but he's really NOT what the FIA needs right now after 16 years of Max.

EDIT - And yes - Sadly (but not unlike any vote these days), I would vote for Vatanen purely on the basis that he isn't Todt. I admit, I don't really think he'd be the best guy for the job, but he's the lesser of two evils.

Well, to be honest this post doesn't even look like it has been written by you!

Too delusional, biased and annoying to read!

And I'm really being honest here!

And lazy to explain!

Ok. So Todt has won. He has said he'll appoint an F1 commissioner. My bet is he'll appoint max as the commissioner. Then it will be situation normal, from an F1 perspective at least!

40 years ago, general Francisco Franco (Spanish fascist dictator) appointed Prince Juan Carlos to be his successor as head of Spanish state. After Franco's death in 1975. monarchy was restored with King Juan Carlos as head of state and Spain went in the direction of democracy and human rights. So successors do not need to continue policy even if chosen by incumbent dictators.

Well, to be honest this post doesn't even look like it has been written by you!

Too delusional, biased and annoying to read!

And I'm really being honest here!

And lazy to explain!

Thank you sweetie - I'll keep that in mind - it was probably the peyote that did it - I'm straight now though.

So - Todt took the marbles - no surprises.

Oh well - one gets the impression that had he not won it, he still would have won it - not that I'm saying he didn't, because he obviously did.

No sour grapes though...

From hence forth I will give him a fair run. He could prove himself capable and not corrupt. He could clean the FIA up. I hope so. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now - it's only fair. Let's see what he changes and how things go and judge him on that. We shouldn't let our support of the Vatanen ticket prejudice us against our new FIA big boy.

Well done Todt and good luck - you can't be worse than Max any way :)

Thank you sweetie - I'll keep that in mind - it was probably the peyote that did it - I'm straight now though.

So - Todt took the marbles - no surprises.

Oh well - one gets the impression that had he not won it, he still would have won it - not that I'm saying he didn't, because he obviously did.

No sour grapes though...

From hence forth I will give him a fair run. He could prove himself capable and not corrupt. He could clean the FIA up. I hope so. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now - it's only fair. Let's see what he changes and how things go and judge him on that. We shouldn't let our support of the Vatanen ticket prejudice us against our new FIA big boy.

Well done Todt and good luck - you can't be worse than Max any way :)

Heh!

JT is an F1 man and I trust him to bring the sport back to its old glory!

I believe the F1 teams are more united than ever these days and there is an excellent climate all around!

JT will be extra careful to handle any "Ferrari affairs" that may come up, so I expect him to be fair!

Good luck indeed!

He is gonna need it!!

40 years ago, general Francisco Franco (Spanish fascist dictator) appointed Prince Juan Carlos to be his successor as head of Spanish state. After Franco's death in 1975. monarchy was restored with King Juan Carlos as head of state and Spain went in the direction of democracy and human rights. So successors do not need to continue policy even if chosen by incumbent dictators.

Funny.....only last night I watched the doccumentary about him in History channel's world's most evil Men.