Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

Taking all the rumour, paddock chat and hard fact, [such as Alex Wurz bailing on USF1] into account, I believe the 2010 grid may look something like this:

Mercedes Brawn | Rosberg/Glock

Team McLaren | Hamilton/Heidfeld

Williams Renault | Barrichello/Hulkenberg

Team Toyota | Button/Kobayashi

Scuderia Ferrari | Massa/Alonso

Megafon Renault | Kubica/Petrov

Red Bull Renault | Vettel/Webber

STR Ferrari | Buemi/Alguersuera

Lotus Cosworth | Räikkönen/Fauzy

Qadbak Sauber Mercedes | Sutil/Kovalainen

Force India Mercedes | Luizzi/Nakajima

Virgin Cosworth | Wurz/Carroll

Of course, it could be all wrong. Personally, I hope JB stays at BGP because I believe a 'back-to-back' is on the cards if he does. I think Fry has let a few big fish get away and a sell-out to Mercedes is the most likely way forward. With McLaren looking to buy BMW's engine plant and go independent, it's definitely on the cards. I can't see Campos and USF1 making the grid in 2010 - they have too many problems. We'll see.

You think JB is on the move, then?

I hear Kubica is campaigning for Heikki in the second Renault (I know zilch about Petrov). No seat for anywhere for Jarno? Thought he might hook up with Gascoyne again.

What's Raikkonen doing at Lotus? :angry: it looks like I am missing some of the rumors out there, well let me see if I can find something about it.

Kimi would rather die than drive a Lotus (IF THEY MAKE IT TO 2010).

KImi is pricing himself out of the market everywhere. That may be intentional - who knows? A Malaysian government-backed Lotus may be the only team who would pay what he seeks.

KImi is pricing himself out of the market everywhere. That may be intentional - who knows? A Malaysian government-backed Lotus may be the only team who would pay what he seeks.

I agree he is pricing himself put but HE said he was looking for a competitive team, a team where he could win but it doesn't look like that to me.

Taking all the rumour, paddock chat and hard fact, [such as Alex Wurz bailing on USF1] into account, I believe the 2010 grid may look something like this:

Mercedes Brawn | Rosberg/Glock

Team McLaren | Hamilton/Heidfeld

Team Toyota | Button/Kobayashi

Lotus Cosworth | R

There's already a 2010 Driver Market thread! Anyhoo, Insider you are insane!!!

Insane? Certainly. Prophetic? Perhaps. Close to the mark? probably. I am aware of another thread but this one deals with teams and engines too which I think is a little more interesting. It's an opinion. If you don't subscribe, it will go away. I resent the 'horsepoo' remark - it was unnecessary. The fact that the poster agreed with most of the projections makes it even more facile.

Insane? Certainly. Prophetic? Perhaps. Close to the mark? probably. I am aware of another thread but this one deals with teams and engines too which I think is a little more interesting. It's an opinion. If you don't subscribe, it will go away. I resent the 'horsepoo' remark - it was unnecessary. The fact that the poster agreed with most of the projections makes it even more facile.

It looks like Quadback is going to use Ferrari's engines instead of Mercedes, Domenicali said Ferrari is willing to provide them with engines if they are in F1 in 2010.

Haha! Button to leave Brawn with this happening (winning the championship) to be replaced by Glock? I think that's rubbish.

The seemingly bottomless supply of rumors re: "Who will be driving where" for 2010 allows that d**n near anything is possible. If it's not already a done deal - and I'm no longer certain any contract is worth the paper it's printed on - we should remain open to all combinations of teams and drivers. For all I know Insider has it right, although Kimi in a Lotus on a highway in Finland is perhaps more likely than Kimi in a Lotus on the grid at Bahrain.

It looks like Quadback is going to use Ferrari's engines instead of Mercedes, Domenicali said Ferrari is willing to provide them with engines if they are in F1 in 2010.

I thought all the teams where Cozza-powered!

The nature of this thread, i.e, that it is based on rumour and conjecture makes it something of a moveable feast. I have therefore decided to update it daily. Here we go with version two, boys and girls:

Mercedes Brawn | Barrichello/Rosberg

Team McLaren | Button | Hamilton

Williams Renault | Kovalainen/Hulkenberg

Team Toyota | Nakjima/Kobayashi

Lotus Cosworth | R

I don't think so. I could pick that apart to my heart's consent, but at the moment I don't feel like it. But Wurz won't be in F1 for a kick off, announcing that he is to concentrate on Le Mans instead. So strike him.

Toyota certainly won't be having 2 Japanese drivers there either. I have it on good authority from numerous sources the Kimi contract could already be signed.

I don't think so. I could pick that apart to my heart's consent, but at the moment I don't feel like it. But Wurz won't be in F1 for a kick off, announcing that he is to concentrate on Le Mans instead. So strike him.

Toyota certainly won't be having 2 Japanese drivers there either. I have it on good authority from numerous sources the Kimi contract could already be signed.

You mean the contract with Toyota or Mclaren?

Toyota. Sorry for the confusion. As I said, could be signed. Only time will tell.

Based on what I have read recently, I'd guess:

Brawn (Mercedes)

1. Jenson Button

2. Nico Rosberg

Red Bull (Mercedes)

3. Sebastian Vettel

4. Mark Webber

McLaren (McLaren)

5. Lewis Hamilton

6. Adrian Sutil (yeah, seriously)

Ferrari (Ferrari)

7. Fernando Alonso

8. Felipe Massa

Toyota (Toyota)

9. Kimi R

Ohhh...look at you all! So self conceited because you have "good sources", or you know from "top honchos".

Bah. I can beat you all. Here's my prediction according to my latest hunch and I bet it will be far more exact than any of your so called "predictions":

Ferrari: Massa/Alonso.

Ohhh...look at you all! So self conceited because you have "good sources", or you know from "top honchos".

Bah. I can beat you all. Here's my prediction according to my latest hunch and I bet it will be far more exact than any of your so called "predictions":

:D No I can beat that I've got a contact, this guy - lives in Argentina, says he has a hot tip on next year, now what was his name.... :)

:D No I can beat that I've got a contact, this guy - lives in Argentina, says he has a hot tip on next year, now what was his name.... :)

Oh, don't you give me that "hot tip" pickup line, Mister!

It might work

Todays mix:

Mercedes Brawn | Button/Rosberg

Team McLaren | Hamilton/Sutil

Team Toyota | R

I'm just guessing. Basically, it's like playing musical chairs on ganja, baby!