Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

Todays mix:

Am I getting warmer?

No, not yet, I did ask an insider of a certain Famous team, he said Sutil is fast, but he is not consistent enough to prove his worth in a top team, but Vijay seems to be fond of him and his loyalty, FI certainly seems to be on a good path to improve, may be is already in a team that is on its way to the top...rest I don't know.:D

Todays mix:

Mercedes Brawn | Button/Rosberg

Team McLaren | Hamilton/Sutil

Williams Renault | Barrichello/Hulkenberg

Team Toyota | R

Here's an idea, why don't we wait till things are actually confirmed?

I have a better one. Why don't you ignore this thread? Speculation is a healthy part of forum life as far as I'm concerned. If it bugs you, look elsewhere - there's plenty to comment on, after all.

I have a better one. Why don't you ignore this thread? Speculation is a healthy part of forum life as far as I'm concerned. If it bugs you, look elsewhere - there's plenty to comment on, after all.

:lol:

I'm just guessing. Basically, it's like playing musical chairs on ganja, baby!

I know you are :D I was just joking. Jokes aside, it is amazing how unpredictable the field is. With so few key players, many of which had been around for many years and are well-known, you would say that predictions would be far easier in F1 than in...let's say...football world. Instead, many journalists with a couple of connections in football can give you a good pictture of the transfers between teams. In F1, despite the effort of journalists, analysts, and well informed forum members, any kind of prediction is still close to impossible!

These kind of things are among those that I find fascinating in F1

I know you are :D I was just joking. Jokes aside, it is amazing how unpredictable the field is. With so few key players, many of which had been around for many years and are well-known, you would say that predictions would be far easier in F1 than in...let's say...football world. Instead, many journalists with a couple of connections in football can give you a good pictture of the transfers between teams. In F1, despite the effort of journalists, analysts, and well informed forum members, any kind of prediction is still close to impossible!

These kind of things are among those that I find fascinating in F1

That's why I said F1 is not boring but F1 races are (most of them)

That's why I said F1 is not boring but F1 races are (most of them)

Complete rubbish in my opinion. I find everything about F1 interesting. If you don't enjoy the racing there's not much point watching.

Complete rubbish in my opinion. I find everything about F1 interesting. If you don't enjoy the racing there's not much point watching.

That's why he said F1 as a whole is NOT boring. He enjoys it. He just would like to see more overtaking, but finds the other aspects of a Grand Prix and the sport as a whole entertaining. At least that's what I think he was saying.

For the record, I'm fine with the number of overtakes and amount of action in F1. But that has nothing to do with this thread anyway.

Which is a complete rubbish in my opinion, there are many other aspects about F1 that keeps the fans buzzing other than just racing, not all the members here watch every race or every lap, there are many of us who are more interested in the technical aspects than the racing results, there are many of us who are only interested in loging on and complaining how boring F1 has become, and what FIA has done to the sport and how it has favoured just one team for winning the championship, but they are amongst ones who do watch F1 every race, it is just like ordering a some food from a hotel and complaining after finishing it..some like politics more, some like just racing and don't care what happens on the podium or post race conference etc etc....it goes on....F1 nowadays unfortunately or fortunately is not just a pure sport....

That's why he said F1 as a whole is NOT boring. He enjoys it.

Ya, and

Its your first post in a long time you didn't mention Raindrive Promaster or KFC....:naughty:

Even Ecclestone's farts?

There's a terrible smell coming out of Brackley and it isn't a Bernie bum blunder! Why have BGP not re-signed Button? They are several theories that my former F1 colleagues are punting at this time:

1. Ross was not all that impressed with JB's wobbling bottle from Turkey to Rio - a podium in Abu Dhabi is the key to the deal. Personally, I would be concentrating all my efforts on getting Rubens into 2nd slot in the WDC.

2. Fry has let too many big fish get away, development that was not planned had to be funded and the pot is empty. Either that, or they are pricing themselves out of the market.

3. Ross is pondering the connotations of being 'owned' by Mercedes. Unfortunately, it's probably the only serious cash on the table at this time.

4. Barrichello and Rosberg are better value for money. They are both excellent at setting a car up - the chink in Jenson's armour.

5. Button has insisted that other senior staff are retained and properly remunerated as part of his deal. My favourite.

Todays list reflects the current impasse:

Mercedes Brawn | Barrichello/Rosberg

Team McLaren | Button/Hamilton

Williams Cosworth | Heidfeld/Hulkenberg

Team Toyota | R

Looks like we Nando and Lewis fanatics are joining hands to whip another fan?tongue.gif

No, I truly love watching Ecclestone's farts but I haven't been able to smell one of them yet. stinker4kz.gifhungary.gif

I personally can't see Button going to McLaren. End of really. It'd be McLaren's dream, but Button would be stupid to leave Brawn just because he isn't getting the deal he wanted. McLaren have been woeful compared to Brawn this season, and with it being no secret that Mercedes are secretly wanting to put the funding behind Brawn, he'd be stupid in my opinion to leave a competitive team that he knows well.

I personally can't see Button going to McLaren. End of really. It'd be McLaren's dream, but Button would be stupid to leave Brawn just because he isn't getting the deal he wanted. McLaren have been woeful compared to Brawn this season, and with it being no secret that Mercedes are secretly wanting to put the funding behind Brawn, he'd be stupid in my opinion to leave a competitive team that he knows well.

Thats a joke, Mclaren hasn't shown any interests in him, other than rejecting that suggestion.

We all saw two top teams get it absolutely wrong this season for the focus they put on last year's car, but Mclaren is amongst the teams who have taken the most number of points during the second half of the season despite them focusing on the next year's car in parallel, While Brawns have been focusing on this season's car mostly, Sid can give us more insight on it...Please...secondly you have to keep in mind about next year's rules, this year's performance can't help them to next year's success.

That's my point. My take on this delay is that Ross needs to raise funding for Jens from a Stuttgart alliance or other sponsor - I don't believe it's a scrap over the odd million here and there. If that isn't the case, then Jens will leave because then it's clear they don't want him and he will go to either Macca or Toyota. At least at Macca he'll get the 'equal' equipment deal he's used too and the same dosh as Hambone. Personally, I'd like to see him stay at Brawn as a clear No.1 with Ant Davidson as a partner.

There's a terrible smell coming out of Brackley and it isn't a Bernie bum blunder! Why have BGP not re-signed Button? They are several theories that my former F1 colleagues are punting at this time:

1. Ross was not all that impressed with JB's wobbling bottle from Turkey to Rio - a podium in Abu Dhabi is the key to the deal. Personally, I would be concentrating all my efforts on getting Rubens into 2nd slot in the WDC.

2. Fry has let too many big fish get away, development that was not planned had to be funded and the pot is empty. Either that, or they are pricing themselves out of the market.

3. Ross is pondering the connotations of being 'owned' by Mercedes. Unfortunately, it's probably the only serious cash on the table at this time.

4. Barrichello and Rosberg are better value for money. They are both excellent at setting a car up - the chink in Jenson's armour.

5. Button has insisted that other senior staff are retained and properly remunerated as part of his deal. My favourite.

Todays list reflects the current impasse:

Mercedes Brawn | Barrichello/Rosberg

Team McLaren | Button/Hamilton

Williams Cosworth | Heidfeld/Hulkenberg

Team Toyota | R

Thats a joke, Mclaren hasn't shown any interests in him, other than rejecting that suggestion.

We all saw two top teams get it absolutely wrong this season for the focus they put on last year's car, but Mclaren is amongst the teams who have taken the most number of points during the second half of the season despite them focusing on the next year's car in parallel, While Brawns have been focusing on this season's car mostly, Sid can give us more insight on it...Please...secondly you have to keep in mind about next year's rules, this year's performance can't help them to next year's success.

Can't it? There isn't many major rule changes to next year unlike this year. The main one is the re-fueling ban. I can see no reason that Brawn won't be competitive again in 2010.

And as for McLaren showing no interest in him, you seriously telling me they'd turn down a chance to sign this year's champion even if there was a chance? McLaren have said again and again they want two of the best drivers in the field, and whether it means an all Brit line up or not, they are going to work hard to get 2 of the best drivers.

I just find it stupid that Jenson would move from Brawn to McLaren just for money. I'm not a McLaren fan at all so find it very difficult to give them any praise, espacially this year. I think it's clear that Brawn have kicked McLaren's arse this year. You just need to look at the championship tables to see this.

Can't it? There isn't many major rule changes to next year unlike this year. The main one is the re-fueling ban. I can see no reason that Brawn won't be competitive again in 2010.

And as for McLaren showing no interest in him, you seriously telling me they'd turn down a chance to sign this year's champion even if there was a chance? McLaren have said again and again they want two of the best drivers in the field, and whether it means an all Brit line up or not, they are going to work hard to get 2 of the best drivers.

I just find it stupid that Jenson would move from Brawn to McLaren just for money. I'm not a McLaren fan at all so find it very difficult to give them any praise, espacially this year. I think it's clear that Brawn have kicked McLaren's arse this year. You just need to look at the championship tables to see this.

He won't. He'll move if he's not wanted though. I am not convinced that Ross is completely sure that JB is the best driver available to him.

Maybe, maybe not. But for precisely the reason you stated, ie rule stability, I would hazard a guess that the big boys will be ahead. They are ahead already in many circumstances. Or maybe they aren't and it's just that Jenson and Rubens are rubbish.

Of course they will work hard to get a decent driver, but don't assume that they rate Jenson.

Damon Hill, 1996; He made a meal of delivering the title, had questionable form and got greedy at contract time. Sound familiar? He got dropped and ended up in a sh!t box for '97. Don't assume McLaren are that interested.

Points may tell a tale of Brawn supremacy over McLaren but look at where they both started and ended up relative to each other. McLaren, with Lewis, made massive strides, Brawn stood still. No disrespect to them, they worked well with what they had but if I were Jenson, I would make the move to Woking (assuming they would want me), get better pay and a better chance of a great car.

I sense that Brawn scraped it, have little left and are looking over their shoulder's now that the others have wised up.

He won't. He'll move if he's not wanted though. I am not convinced that Ross is completely sure that JB is the best driver available to him.

He's a champion isn't he? In my mind, you have to be a special driver to be capable of winning the title, and Jenson has managed it. Sure he hasn't had the best end to the season but he won 6 of the first 7 races! Recently, only Schumacher has had that dominant a start to a season. Never mind the bad points, Jenson won it by hook or by crook and he'll go down in F1 history as a champion.

I'd say it's been more the car having issues and the competition catching up as the season has progressed rather than Jenson slowing down. With due respect to Rosberg, Glock, et al, are they really drivers who can do even better than how Jenson has performed this year? Hmm, i'm very doubtful. Clearly they are good, but I don't think they are great. Brawn would be taking a massive gamble not to have one of this year's drivers driving for them in 2010.

But anyway, it seems "99% sure" that Button will be at Brawn according to Ross. See here.