Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

Just for the record, there is absolutely 0 chance of Busch racing for US F1 in 2010. The team would like to do a test or two with him, but have no interest in him actually racing until 2011 at earliest, and Busch has no interest in them period.

And they aren't even real.

Wurz has given up on them, stating that he doesn't think they'll make it, and all of their employees (including the team manager) are on monthly contracts to ease the laying off process when they release all 60 employees when the team doesn't happen.

On the off chance they somehow stumble onto the grid, they'll probably do so with zero US American drivers, the way it should have been all along. It's confirmed they need a pay driver (and a race shop and a car and a team and a budget), so expect Rold

is there a deadline to confirm which teams will b racing in 2010? like, show us a car til ... and ur in.

i had heard campos didn't have money to make it into 2010, but then the senna rumours increased n i read he has a deal.

okay okay - revised driver line up thanks to mr pedantic-aenioni-face (removing wholey or half dead pairings and animated characters or puppets)

Okay - that's it now - final 100% definite, unquestionably correct lineup for 2010 - anyone who disagrees is an idiot.

:angry: Man, that's not fear, I was already rooting for Abbot/Costello :P

:angry: Man, that's not fear, I was already rooting for Abbot/Costello :P

yeah - but someone seems to think that dead people aren't allowed in F1 - (he's just taking ageism to extremes if you ask me).

yeah - but someone seems to think that dead people aren't allowed in F1 - (he's just taking ageism to extremes if you ask me).

When people is very good at what they do they become "inmortals" and I think that is the case of the people in your list so I don't see the problem with them.

source

Now Glock is being linked to Renault and an announcement about this is being expected for next week.

EDIT:So far only Erick predicted him landing at Renault.

Now Kimi is talking like I wanted to hear him Kimi

I'm wondering where this would leave Kovalainen. I doubt that he'll stay, and if the second Renault seat is gone as rumoured, where does he go? To Toyota alongside Kimi?

my predictions (only teams with line up yet to be confirmed):

BrawnGP: Button/Rosberg

MacLaren: Hamilton/Raikkonen

Toyota: Sutil / Koba

Renault: Kubica/Glock

Williams: Barrichello/Hulk

Force India: Luizzi/Kovalainen

The rest i havo no idea!

I'm wondering where this would leave Kovalainen. I doubt that he'll stay, and if the second Renault seat is gone as rumoured, where does he go? To Toyota alongside Kimi?

Kimi said he only real option is Mclaren.

So, the talk here in brazil is that bruno senna signed for campos on sunday, and may team pedro de la rosa. does anyone else think we r gon see another senna in another mclaren in a few years - if he doesnt do a piquet? - or is it just me as a marketing girl who thinks thats the brilliant money maker idea in a long time?

Thursday's projection:

Mercedes Brawn | Button/Senna

Team McLaren | Hamilton/Kovalainen

Williams Cosworth | Barrichello/Hulkenberg

Team Toyota | Rosberg/Nakajima

Scuderia Ferrari | Massa/Alonso

Team Renault | Kubica/Glock

Red Bull Renault | Vettel/Webber

STR Ferrari | Buemi/Alguersuera

Lotus Cosworth | Trulli/Fauzy

Qadbak Sauber Ferrari | Heidfeld/Gene

Force India Mercedes | Sutil/Luizzi

Virgin Cosworth | Davidson/Carroll

Kimi is slinging his hook, I think. Rosberg is the only class driver choice left for Toyota. I heard Gene may come as part of of the engine deal to Sauber. If Sauber don't get in, Heidfeld could go to Brawn instead of Senna.

Personally I think you're overthinking it. I doubt Rosberg would consider next season's Toyota a "race winning car" that he has claimed he's left Williams in persuit of.

And I can't see Senna landing a top ride in his first season. He's still unproven in my opinion. He didn't beat Pantano to the GP2 title and Pantano hasn't really set the world alight since.

Nakajima too, I think will be gone. I think with more time in the car, Kobayashi could be stronger than Nakajima has been, but still, I don't think either warrant a race seat yet.

Kimi, I think he'll stick around. I'm sure that the Hamilton clan are pushing for somebody else to be there but Kimi has said he still has the desire and motivation and still enjoys it, and why would he turn down a McLaren seat?

Heidfeld, well he says he wants a "race" seat, and currently Qadbak won't be doing any racing next season. I doubt they'll happen unless somebody like US F1 fails and even then I think it's too late in the season for Qadbak to get ready. It's a real catch 22 situation for them, do they develop the car in hope of getting a slot, how do they go about signing drivers when they can't assure them that they'll even be on the grid? I think personally they are the strongest of the new teams in terms of set-up, but because of the situation they are in currently, I can't see it happening.

I've heard whisperings that with Brawn clinching both titles that Branson might not be so quick to up and leave. I believe Branson's main concern was if Brawn was a "choker", showing so much promise yet failing to deliver. But now they HAVE delievered, I think he'll stay close to the team. That could mean bad news for Manor.

Thursday's projection:

Mercedes Brawn | Button/Senna

Team McLaren | Hamilton/Kovalainen

Williams Cosworth | Barrichello/Hulkenberg

Team Toyota | Rosberg/Nakajima

Scuderia Ferrari | Massa/Alonso

Team Renault | Kubica/Glock

Red Bull Renault | Vettel/Webber

STR Ferrari | Buemi/Alguersuera

Lotus Cosworth | Trulli/Fauzy

Qadbak Sauber Ferrari | Heidfeld/Gene

Force India Mercedes | Sutil/Luizzi

Virgin Cosworth | Davidson/Carroll

Kimi is slinging his hook, I think. Rosberg is the only class driver choice left for Toyota. I heard Gene may come as part of of the engine deal to Sauber. If Sauber don't get in, Heidfeld could go to Brawn instead of Senna.

Hm. I hope this isn't where the chips will fall. I quite liked Heidfeld at McLaren. Then again, I liked Fisi at Ferrari and that didn't turn out so well......

Personally I think you're overthinking it. I doubt Rosberg would consider next season's Toyota a "race winning car" that he has claimed he's left Williams in persuit of.

I really think he is talking about Brawn

And I can't see Senna landing a top ride in his first season. He's still unproven in my opinion. He didn't beat Pantano to the GP2 title and Pantano hasn't really set the world alight since.

I agree.

Nakajima too, I think will be gone. I think with more time in the car, Kobayashi could be stronger than Nakajima has been, but still, I don't think either warrant a race seat yet.

at least he'll be more experienced next season that could be a point on his favor and Koba, if he impress in this weekend he may be driving for Toyota next season, he did very well in interlagos.

Kimi, I think he'll stick around. I'm sure that the Hamilton clan are pushing for somebody else to be there but Kimi has said he still has the desire and motivation and still enjoys it, and why would he turn down a McLaren seat?

I want to hear the news that he is singned by Mclaren already.

Heidfeld, well he says he wants a "race" seat, and currently Qadbak won't be doing any racing next season. I doubt they'll happen unless somebody like US F1 fails and even then I think it's too late in the season for Qadbak to get ready. It's a real catch 22 situation for them, do they develop the car in hope of getting a slot, how do they go about signing drivers when they can't assure them that they'll even be on the grid? I think personally they are the strongest of the new teams in terms of set-up, but because of the situation they are in currently, I can't see it happening.

I don't think time will be an issue for them and I think they will find a way to make it to the grid in 2010.

:clap3:

Hm. I hope this isn't where the chips will fall. I quite liked Heidfeld at McLaren. Then again, I liked Fisi at Ferrari and that didn't turn out so well......

So were do you want Kimi? I think he/we deserves to have him at Mclaren, with him there 2010 could be a memorable season.

I love the Kubica/Glock combination at Renault. The Alonso era already left them a half cooked car that will suit them well. Renault is more than capable of putting a half decent car. And these drivers will be a tough bone to chew on for the bigger teams. I expect them to crash/break a car more often than any other team, except for STR but who cares? Go kick some a##! Show them what a proper racing battle is about! Make the opposition Sh#t their pants when they see you on their rearview mirrors!

GO KUBICA! GO GLOCK! GO RENAULT!

Source

Williams just confirmed his team will use cosworth engnies in 2010, someone here post a Williams/Renault combination and it looks intimidating to me, it broguht back to my mind those dominating years of that combination.

and there u have it, senna is really going campos. williams confirmed with cosworth.

source

Now Glock is being linked to Renault and an announcement about this is being expected for next week.

EDIT:So far only Erick predicted him landing at Renault.

I think Glock's awesome, honestly. I don't like Kubica at all, but he's a good driver, and he and Timo are pretty similar in style. It's a very gritty, kick-a## Renault for 2010, then.

Of course, I'm glad it's happening because it means I'm right. When's the last time that happened? :P

To Toyota alongside Kobayashi. Or Qadbak if they run. Or Fields Meta. Or the manor of virgins. He's hoping for the latter, now doubt.

I've heard whisperings that with Brawn clinching both titles that Branson might not be so quick to up and leave. I believe Branson's main concern was if Brawn was a "choker", showing so much promise yet failing to deliver. But now they HAVE delievered, I think he'll stay close to the team. That could mean bad news for Manor.

Senna's all but confirmed at Campos. Then again, so is Nelson Piquet, Jr. And EJ Viso. And Pastor Maldonado. And Rold

no he really signed. i knew of it for a while, but his management confirmed to press a few hours ago.

It would have helped if I had seen your first post before typing all that rubbish out :P

He was probably the best choice, if you take Piquet's issues into consideration, especially when BBVA was reported to leave the team because of crashgate.

Virgin is at Manor. Officially. No changing it. Deal's done and some guy from Virgin is a huge player in the team already. I had read Virgin will stay related to Brawn and Button, but will keep the title sponsorship of the Manor team. It may be a small sponsorship for one of their other brands, or a helmet sponsorship for Button, or something like that. Though I could be wrong about all of that.

I read somewhere recently that Branson wants to back an underdog...and that Brawn isn't that anymore. Surely that can't be the reason he's leaving Brawn?

I don't see anybody placing Villenueve in any team (at least I didn't noticed it)and he said he is very likely to be in F1 in 2010 of course he didn't say he will be driving but anyway. :P

When people is very good at what they do they become "inmortals" and I think that is the case of the people in your list so I don't see the problem with them.

a valid point but - if only others around here had your insight...

BUT - Just read this on a popular news website kind of thing...

In a somewhat surprising move from the US F1 team principal Peter Windsor today announced their planned driver line up for the 2010formula one season. Accompanying Windsor on the podium at today's announcement where the two new signings Todd Carty (screen heart throb) and his old friend Lee McDonald - better known as Zammo.

Fans may remember Todd Carty from his early role as Peter "Tucker"Jenkins in the popular Children's BBC series Grange Hill and also as Mark from Eastenders. Of course his screen death as Mark isn't to be confused with any real death since he's still alive and well and driving for team US F1.

Alongside Todd in US F1's number two car will be troubled grange hill partner Samuel 'Zammo' Maguire. Having got over his drug dependency issues, Samuel says he's raring to go.

Carty quipped, "Well we've both been in plenty of series on TV before, so F1 will just be another."

"Yeah!" Zammo added.

Sources indicate that Windsor is hoping to persuade Roland to join the team as the test driver, but Roland is currently holding out for more money before committing.

Ha! In your face meanioni you idiothead!

a valid point but - if only others around here had your insight...

BUT - Just read this on a popular news website kind of thing...

Ha! In your face meanioni you idiothead!

Well I am glad you made your point but that means Abbott/Costello will have to keep looking for another team. :(