Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

Well I am glad you made your point but that means Abbott/Costello will have to keep looking for another team. :(

I hear Costello's looking for a place in the WRC at the moment. Don't know about Abbott. There are rumours that he might be looking at a test seat at either Toyota or Renault.

Just heard that Cosmo and Dibbs are bowing out of motor racing all together having been told about the puppet ban.

I read somewhere recently that Branson wants to back an underdog...and that Brawn isn't that anymore. Surely that can't be the reason he's leaving Brawn?

Branson has left Brawn for 2010 because [a] he couldn't afford to stay and he wanted full branding and a name change. From a commercial point of view, he has always said F1 is a black hole you pour money into if you're crazy. He got caught by the bug though and Virgin were putting in $500K a race at BGP. Unfortunately, this is peanuts in F1 terms and certainly not enough to tempt Ross to give away a sizeable chunk of equity and paint the cars red but perhaps, it's a major lifeline for a starter team like Manor.

This is the way the dust seems to be settling. I hear Fauzy will not get a Superlicence and Nakajima is the best pay drive around - he also has ties to Lotus through mutual sponsors - they could do a lot worse. Campos joined FOTA two days ago and are probably now in the frame though it's hard to see where they are going to raise sponsorship other than what their driver team brings to the party. I find it strange that Santander have not thrown a few Euros in their direction. Manor have yet to sign up to FOTA, as far as I know but are expected to announce commercial agreements this weekend. I don't really believe USF1 will be racing in 2010. The rumour mill is still working overtime regarding the second seat at McLaren. Button does little to deny that he may take the seat, [though I think it is likely that he will stay at Brawn] talks with Kimi seem to have stalled, [why pay

I think Glock's awesome, honestly. I don't like Kubica at all, but he's a good driver, and he and Timo are pretty similar in style. It's a very gritty, kick-a## Renault for 2010, then.

You honestly rate Glock above Kubica? Mmmm...

Senna's all but confirmed at Campos. Then again, so is Nelson Piquet, Jr. And EJ Viso. And Pastor Maldonado. And Rold

Source

"There are a few things going on at Williams for next season, with our engines, so we thought we can do better. Nico is German and Mercedes need at least one German driver to sit before their engine."

Now we now for sure that NR will be in a team with Mercedes engines now we need to know wich one.

Because he wasn't doing the full time Peugeot programme. He was only doing selected races like Sebring and Le Mans. Gené drives in all Peugeot's races, whether it is in LMS or ALMS.

You honestly rate Glock above Kubica? Mmmm...

No. I meant I think Glock's cool and Kubica's an asswipe (hi Piotr you're making this up, I never said it). Obviously, Kubica's the better driver.

Because he wasn't doing the full time Peugeot programme. He was only doing selected races like Sebring and Le Mans. Gené drives in all Peugeot's races, whether it is in LMS or ALMS.

Gené can be replaced, you know. Peugeot had 9 drivers at Le Mans; surely they can use them to fill the gaps. It's not like they're going to run many races. I don't know how often they run LMS, but I don't see them running more than two ALMS races (Sebring and Petit). Maybe Laguna Seca (it's an endurance race before Le Mans now). He has an offer at Campos, and may end up taking it.

Maybe, but I doubt it. I know I might be clumping all the Peugeot drivers together here by saying they care more about winning Le Mans for Peugeot than going for an F1 drive, but I feel that is the general attitude from me as an outsider, of course!

Maybe, but I doubt it. I know I might be clumping all the Peugeot drivers together here by saying they care more about winning Le Mans for Peugeot than going for an F1 drive, but I feel that is the general attitude from me as an outsider, of course!

For some. Mostly the ones who know they aren't good enough for F1 as they tried before, or the ones who have already retired from F1 (Wurz). Klien would do it in a heartbeat. Gen

I'd rather put my concentrated effort on preparing for just one. But that's just me. :P

Why race once when you can race in the world's biggest races? If I was a driver, I'd run Le Mans, Daytona, and the full F1. Because logistically, you could. I'd probably do some kind of rally, too, and maybe hire someone with bigger balls to pretend to be me and ride a MotoGP race for me.

However, that's not possible, because I'm a dorky calculus and physics student so I'll probably engineer some useless thing that's useless but makes me more money than people who do useful things like teach or sell their bodies.

But Gen

Don't say that cos u know who can replace him!

Loeb's looking for a Peugeot drive. Is that "you know who?" Or perhaps you mean Zhahck Villnev? He's okay. Johnny Canuck's cooler if we're comparing successful Canadians, but there's nothing wrong with Jacques Villeneuve. His glasses are fruity, I guess. But he's fine. And Peugeot wouldn't take him back. He's too busy. According to himself, he's driving for every single NASCAR team and every single F1 team next year, so he'll be fine.

Loeb's looking for a Peugeot drive. Is that "you know who?" Or perhaps you mean Zhahck Villnev? He's okay. Johnny Canuck's cooler if we're comparing successful Canadians, but there's nothing wrong with Jacques Villeneuve. His glasses are fruity, I guess. But he's fine. And Peugeot wouldn't take him back. He's too busy. According to himself, he's driving for every single NASCAR team and every single F1 team next year, so he'll be fine.

I'm talking about Jaqueass d#ckneuve! Loeb has potential & would like to see him at Le Mans again!

I'm talking about Jaqueass d#ckneuve! Loeb has potential & would like to see him at Le Mans again!

Ahahahahahahahhahahahhaha Jaques. Ahahahahaha. That's funny. It's Jacques. Jaques makes me laugh because some dumb rednecks tried to be cultured and name their son Jacques and spelt it Jaques. His last name's Lazier and he races IndyCars. Ahahahahahah Jaques. What a failure. Now someone who knows Frenchstuff will tell me Jaques' acceptable too but just let me have my fun.

End of season update:

01 Mobil Brawn Mercedes | Button/Rosberg

02 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes | Hamilton/Heidfeld

03 Williams Cosworth | Barrichello/Hulkenberg

04 Team Toyota F1 | Raikkonen/Kobayashi

05 Scuderia Ferrari | Massa/Alonso

06 Team Renault | Kubica/Glock

07 Red Bull Renault | Vettel/Webber

08 STR Ferrari | Buemi/Alguersuera

09 Lotus Cosworth | Trulli/Sato

11 Force India Mercedes | Sutil/Luizzi

12 Virgin F1 Cosworth | Davidson/Carroll

13 Campos Meta Cosworth | De La Rosa/Senna

The strong word from the paddock today is that Qadbak Sauber will be first reserve and USF1 won't be ready. Bernie only want to run 26 cars, apparently. Also, Sato is a very strong favourite for Lotus, mainly because he can bring enough sponsors to pay Trulli's wages.

Whats taking Eric so long to publish the list of Le mons teams and drivers list for 2010?

:lol: There's only one confirmed entry so far, so be patient:

A 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser (cost $500, so no modifications were made) campaigned by me, you, Danny, and George.

2hxonyu.jpg

1253wj9.jpg

After Le Mons, we can take it to the Daytona 500 ;).

ok my personal attempt at this

1. brawn = jens + nico

2. mclaren = lewis + nick

3. williams = rubens + hulkenberg

4. toyota = kamui + jarno

5. ferrari = felipe + nando

6. renault = timo + robert

7. rbr = seb + mark

8. str = buemi + insert another random kid. (brendon?)

9. force india = sutil + tonio

10. manor = kazuki + di grassi

11. campos = bruno + pedro

12. qadbak = klien + another random person lol