Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

ok my personal attempt at this

1. brawn = jens + nico

2. mclaren = lewis + nick

3. williams = rubens + hulkenberg

4. toyota = kamui + jarno

5. ferrari = felipe + nando

6. renault = timo + robert

7. rbr = seb + mark

8. str = buemi + insert another random kid. (brendon?)

9. force india = sutil + tonio

10. manor = kazuki + di grassi

11. campos = bruno + pedro

12. qadbak = klien + another random person lol

So in your opinion two main characters will be out of 2010 grid? I mean Kimi and Piquet Jr. and you are missing two teams or do you think they are not going to make it?

i dont think lotus will make it, and im not sure bout usf1 either. id generally consider usf1 over campos, but well, at least campos has a gridline. if id bet usf1, id not know who to place there in fact.

piquet is out forever, game over.

and kimi will b leaving if he doesnt get mclaren seat, so, i dont think he stays.

i dont think lotus will make it, and im not sure bout usf1 either. id generally consider usf1 over campos, but well, at least campos has a gridline. if id bet usf1, id not know who to place there in fact.

piquet is out forever, game over.

and kimi will b leaving if he doesnt get mclaren seat, so, i dont think he stays.

I'll tell you this IMO Piquet deserves another chance and I think he could do a good job with another team and above all, with another team-mate.

I'll tell you this IMO Kimi deserves another chance and I think he could do a good job with another team and above all, with another team-mate.

Agree. rolleyes.gif

yes, but ur a fan and a f1 viewer. if i were a team member id never hire someone who's gon sell m out to fia as soon as i get rid off him ;)

I'll tell you this IMO Piquet deserves another chance and I think he could do a good job with another team and above all, with another team-mate.

:lol:

No more questions, Your Honor.

Super awesome chart of awesomeness: all the possibilities that I know of for each team. The darker the color, the more likely they are in my personal opinion, which is based on fact, and therefore should be taken as fact. ;)

Brawn

Jenson Button

Nico Rosberg

Adrian Sutil

Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel

Mark Webber

McLaren

Lewis Hamilton

Kimi R

Super awesome chart of awesomeness: all the possibilities that I know of for each team. The darker the color, the more likely they are in my personal opinion, which is based on fact, and therefore should be taken as fact. ;)

Karun Chandhok

very unlikely, unless he trashes few lap records in the Mclaren PS3.

:lol: There's only one confirmed entry so far, so be patient:

A 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser (cost $500, so no modifications were made) campaigned by me, you, Danny, and George.

2hxonyu.jpg

1253wj9.jpg

After Le Mons, we can take it to the Daytona 500 ;).

Anyways, I found a new car to pick girls for the race...

http://jalopnik.com/5393903/deal-of-the-year-bustle+back-ex+cia-seville-limo-for-350+-ran-when-parked

Well, well. With Toyota half way out of the door - they may of course, find a buyer - but failing that, the picture may look like this:

01 Mobil Brawn Mercedes | Button/Rosberg

02 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes | Hamilton/Heidfeld

03 Williams Cosworth | Barrichello/Hulkenberg

04 Scuderia Ferrari | Massa/Alonso

05 Team Renault | Kubica/Glock

06 Red Bull Renault | Vettel/Webber

07 STR Ferrari | Buemi/Alguersuera

08 Lotus Cosworth | Trulli/Sato

09 Qadbak Sauber Ferrari | Klein/Kobayashi

10 Force India Mercedes | Sutil/Luizzi

11 Virgin F1 Cosworth | Davidson/Carroll

12 Campos Meta Cosworth | De La Rosa/Senna

NB Though USF1 have satisfied the FIA inspectors that they are making the required progress toward 2010 and have announced a European base in Spain, they have lost the services of Alex Wurz and seem incapable of attracting a driver team of any consequence. Unless Toyota are rescued, all efforts will be made by FOTA to get Qadbak Sauber on the grid.

Well, well. With Toyota half way out of the door - they may of course, find a buyer - but failing that, the picture may look like this:

NB Though USF1 have satisfied the FIA inspectors that they are making the required progress toward 2010 and have announced a European base in Spain, they have lost the services of Alex Wurz and seem incapable of attracting a driver team of any consequence. Unless Toyota are rescued, all efforts will be made by FOTA to get Qadbak Sauber on the grid.

ok after TEN attempts to make the gridline, i finally agree with you. - except i dont think lotus will make it.

Scuderia Toro Rosso

Daniel Ricciardo

Goodness me, let him do some WSR or GP2 first! He's only just come out of F3!

I know it's very unlikely, but just his name even to be on the "very, very, very unlikely" group suprises me.

Goodness me, let him do some WSR or GP2 first! He's only just come out of F3!

I know it's very unlikely, but just his name even to be on the "very, very, very unlikely" group suprises me.

Whoa there, rough rider.

I didn't say Ricciardo should or will get the ride. I just said he's been linked to it. Which is true. I've read him linked to it. There isn't a lighter blue for me to use. He's obviously not going to get the ride over Alguersuari, in my opinion.

"Once we've got Jenson sorted we'll be announcing our whole package, and we want to make an impact when we do that," he added.Source

what can Brawn announce that can be an impact? we are all expecting Rosgerg to drive for him but maybe he has another driver in mind, maybe someone we haven't thought about it, he said Kimi was too expensive, indicating that they have at least thought about it or even maybe talked, but for those words it looks like Kimi is not landing there but that obviously it would be an impact like it would be Schumi driving for them, very unlikely too but definitelly it would be an impact, Trulli, Heidfeld, Sutil, Luizzi none of them it would be an impact, NPJ or Fisico could make some sort of impact but I actually don't know what he meant by "an impact" with all those rumors going on.

They should take Kobayashi. Button loves him, clearly, and if TF1 polls determine talent, the kid's good for 83 WDCs.

Maybe they meant impact as in impact with the competitors' cars and they're hiring Kimi to make sloppy starts every week, and will then replace him with Alex Yoong to seal the deal and put the car in the barriers.

Going back to young Red Bull drivers with no hope, turn Wickens from super-light blue to white. He's gone, gone, gone. Red Bull have terminated his contract as he did not win consistently. No doubt Crapper Juniors For Under a Buck beckon (that would be Indy Lights, and a reference to BK. I gotta mix my fast food references up once in a while). It doesn't come as a surprise, and given his F3 record, I wouldn't have expected much from him in F1 anyway. It's unfortunate that Andrew Ranger (ron-zhay, not Ranger is in Rangers, The Texas or F.C., Rangers or Rangers, the Queens Park or Rangers, the New York, or Rangers, Power or any of that. Though it actually is Ranger the English version but shouldn't be because he was born in the French part of Canada so he's silly for giving in to John Hindhaugh and English-izing his name. Did you follow? Me neihter) went all Champ Car and now NASCAR on us. Future WDC? By all means no. Good enough to catch Flav's attention with one of those Renault junior formula championships? Yeah. Unfortunate just describes recent times in Canadian F1 hopefuls, I suppose. Moore was damn good. And I know CART success meant nothing in F1, but if you're damn good, you're damn good. He had enough natural ability to make Michael Andretti cry. He probably didn't, but I liked him anyway. Actually, Michael Andretti seems like the type of guy who would cry over anything, so maybe he did. I guess I would say Zanardi was good, too, so what do I know? Something, actually, and that's that Haug liked him a lot, and Haug knows best. Moore was awesome and learned to race on ovals by racing on ice. Racing on ice has nothing to do with F1 but it's awesome anyway.

What that had to do with 2010 teams and drivers, I don't know. I happen to find Australian and Canadian racing drivers to be more likeable than most (no idea why), so I got sidetracked.

So, back to 2010 drivers and teams, if I hear one more joke on an American forum about Kobayashi the Hot Dog Eating Guy (as in "that hot dog guy's in F1 now? How does he fit in the car?")...but if I have to suffer to see him push the Button, I don't mind. He's fun.

Heikki might end up Sauber. Hmm. I don't know how I feel about that. He's not bad. He's not good. He's there. Heikki and Nick aren't all that exciting. Nick's good. But they're both guys I don't need to see on the grid to enjoy F1. They're better than some names being thrown around with the new teams.

Lotus zomg copied Force India. Super duper spygate part two. Like I care. When you design cars on computers with the same set of rules, and the same guy behind the computer, you usually get similar results. Simmer down, Force India, simmer down.

Where will Petrov be in 2010? Surely he'll be somewhere. I don't know if I care that he's anywhere, but I imagine he will be.

They should take Kobayashi. Button loves him, clearly, and if TF1 polls determine talent, the kid's good for 83 WDCs.

Yep - and I'm on for 15 B)

So, back to 2010 drivers and teams, if I hear one more joke on an American forum about Kobayashi the Hot Dog Eating Guy (as in "that hot dog guy's in F1 now? How does he fit in the car?")...but if I have to suffer to see him push the Button, I don't mind. He's fun.

Heikki might end up Sauber. Hmm. I don't know how I feel about that. He's not bad. He's not good. He's there. Heikki and Nick aren't all that exciting. Nick's good. But they're both guys I don't need to see on the grid to enjoy F1. They're better than some names being thrown

thta Kobayashi hot god eater is another Kobayashi and he could perfectly fit in F1 car, that guy is even more impressive than the F1 driver actually I have only see him loosing a hot dog eating competition once look his only defeat

by the way his name is Tareku and it would be a good thing if we could refer to them by their first names just to avoid further confussions.

I think the same about Nick, like I said I think he is invisible as you can hardly see him in a race, he spend the races out of the action, maybe he avoid it and if that is the case someone should tell him that he is going down the wrong way.

EDIT: I need Insider to update his new driver list knowing that Toyota is out of F1, I don't do any list as I know how bad I am at that.

Toyota could be rescued and Sauber acepted for 2010 and I still think another team will quit before the start of the season, I think the latest comment form Hamilton father means Mclaren is ready to sign Kimi if the don't have a contract already, I hope I get this one right.

Kobayashi said he wants to go Lotus, he knows why he is saying that maybe he is already in talks, but that team is not getting along with the rest, Ferrari were not talking very nice about them and Force India is accusing them of copycats or should I say copycars, I know this alegations are baseless, in racing you don't accuse your rivals when they have time to correct the situation, that the way we used to do, when we knew that a team had anything ilegal we didn't say anything until after the race so the team get disqualified and the damage inflicted is greater, some people use this kind of accusation to distabilize the other team, speacially if they are not sue of what they are doing, for example in this case, you have a company in charge of the design and many ingeneer who could know perfectly that this is not true, but you also have people in positions above those who may not know what going on in the design area and of course those people are now concerned about this and will be asking questions and trying to find about the truth about this and of course when you have people who have worked for the other team the next work of those people got to have some similarity to what they are doing know, specially if they know what work and what doesn't work and that is not the same as spying or copying the other car.

"Once we've got Jenson sorted we'll be announcing our whole package, and we want to make an impact when we do that," he added.Source

what can Brawn announce that can be an impact? we are all expecting Rosgerg to drive for him but maybe he has another driver in mind, maybe someone we haven't thought about it, he said Kimi was too expensive, indicating that they have at least thought about it or even maybe talked, but for those words it looks like Kimi is not landing there but that obviously it would be an impact like it would be Schumi driving for them, very unlikely too but definitelly it would be an impact, Trulli, Heidfeld, Sutil, Luizzi none of them it would be an impact, NPJ or Fisico could make some sort of impact but I actually don't know what he meant by "an impact" with all those rumors going on.

I thought I'd pick this thread up again as we appear to be head toward the last knockings of the driver shuffle. Basically, some big names are going to get left out, as it quickly becomes a buyers' market. Rumours that Gascoyne has been talking to Villeneuve are of course, nebulous. There is a lot of chat going on and some massively slow decisions too. With Toyota gone, [a most dishonourable exit for a Japanese company, if you ask me, having signed a legal and binding contract] and not for sale, a shadow still hangs over Renault's intentions. They too have signed the Concorde Agreement and suffered the disgrace of a suspended exclusion from the sport. The 'scuttlebut' is that they will stay until 2011 - why? I have always held the view that manufacturers have no business in F1, other than as suppliers of engines. The minute they get 'up' themselves and start believing they can win World Championships as fully-fledged teams, everything goes horribly wrong. Renault have won two constructor's titles but at an exorbitant cost to both the French taxpayer and company shareholders? Apart from Ferrari and Lotus, whom I consider to be manufacturers of luxury goods, no other mass-market car maker has had a sniff at the title despite the obscene amount of cash they have all invested. It's a pursuit for 'hungry' teams. It is true in all sports: fat cats fail. F1 is the kingdom of the bucaneers, adventurers and racy types who laugh in the face of death and dine with the Devil. It is not the realm of accountants, CEOs and quantity surveyors. Sir Frank Williams eats those guys for breakfast. With all that said, here's my final guess at the grid - third drivers included:

01 Mobil Brawn Mercedes | Button/Rosberg/Nakajima

02 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes | Hamilton/Heidfeld/Paffett

03 Williams Cosworth | Barrichello/Hulkenberg/Wurz

04 Scuderia Ferrari | Massa/Alonso/Fisichella

05 Team Renault | Kubica/Glock/Petrov

06 Red Bull Renault | Vettel/Webber/Ricciardo

07 STR Ferrari | Buemi/Loeb/Hartley

08 Lotus Cosworth | Trulli/Kobayashi/Sato

09 Qadbak Sauber Ferrari | Kovaleinen/Klien/Gene

10 Force India Mercedes | Sutil/Luizzi/Christodoulou

11 Virgin F1 Cosworth | Davidson/Carroll/di Resta

12 Campos Meta Cosworth | De La Rosa/Senna/Alguersuera

Button's visit to Woking is certainly ominous. Whether he just wished to demonstrate to Brawn that he is serious about being paid a salary consummate with his current market worth or not, rarely has a member of the 'opposition' been invited into the camp of his rivals. There is real substance here. If Ross had the money, the deal would have been done and dusted by now. That's my view.

Button's visit to Woking is certainly ominous. Whether he just wished to demonstrate to Brawn that he is serious about being paid a salary consummate with his current market worth or not, rarely has a member of the 'opposition' been invited into the camp of his rivals. There is real substance here. If Ross had the money, the deal would have been done and dusted by now. That's my view.