Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

I was merely making the point that Alonso is a better bet than Button. I'm not offended atall; I know I talk bollocks. Either way, they they are still a fabulous pair. Button and Alonso, that is.

Yep, both are smooth, sometimes a little hairy and both wobbled last year before coming through :D

Ummmmmmmmmm

I don't want Button in McLaren, but apparently it's looking all but certain, and Brawn GP are soon to become Mercedes, who want Nico and Nick. Gosh I'm bloody p**sed off because firstly, how is Button going to cope with being put into the number 2 slot, and secondly, with a car developed for an aggressive driver.

**** Sh#t BOLLOCKS!

So now at the top it's looking like...

Mclaren

Hamilton + Button

Mercedes-Benz F1

Rosberg + Heidfeld

Ferrari

Alonso + Massa

Red Bull

Vettel + Webber

Well I suppose the only good thing to come out of this, is that I can buy nicer merchandise (Brawn GP's was Sh#t!)

'It 99% certain Button will stay. We've put £6m on the table and given him the freedom to negotiate his own sponsorship deals'.

That was last week. Now Ross, [don't play poker with him, for chrissakes] plays his ace card. This week BGP will become Braun Gesellschaft AG or something of that order. Diamler will have acquired a 75% stake through a Middle Eastern proxy vehicle in the new WCC, [as I mooted some time back] Button will be out of a job and it will be all sheep's eyes and brackwurst in the canteen at Brackley. If Macca did swing toward Kimi or someone else, the coveted No.1 could end up at Lotus or even Manor! Jenson's dithering quest for the best car may have cost him just that! I certainly hope not, he deserves better. Rosberg will now become the favoured child with Heidfeld as an able No.2. at Team Mercedes Brawn. Well, Barrichello went without a whimper but what will Jenson do? I would take the peanuts on offer, [if they still are] and try to realise my dream as the first Brit to win back-to-back WDCs. The problem is, he must feel seriously undervalued and unwanted at Brackley and I would say he's probably headed for an uncertain future at McLaren.

I think it's a done deal with Button to Mclaren now, unfortunately! However lets also look at the fact McLaren are McLaren, and will never be short on cash, and the car is designed in Woking by McLaren, not Mercedes! I don't think it will hamper their form and I don't think a team of Rosberg-Heidfeld are good enough to win a WCC!

I do however think Button is making a stupid mistake!

You don't need to be a devotee to notice how well he performed with a car that was not the best out there, he infact did win a few races, While Button did struggle with the best car, Barichello's performance proves it. Give them Lewis and Button the same car, Lewis will trash him anyday, anywhere.

I think we may get to see if that's true.

I was merely making the point that Alonso is a better bet than Button. I'm not offended atall; I know I talk bollocks. Either way, they they are still a fabulous pair. Button and Alonso, that is.

No. You don't. And I'm sorry.

Wouldnt it be fascinating and shocking if Button beat Hamilton in McLaren... Wont happen though

Mercedes Press Conference under way. They have announced they are terminating the deal with Macca and joing forces with Brawn. More to come.....

Mercedes Press Conference under way. They have announced they are terminating the deal with Macca and joing forces with Brawn. More to come.....

i posted the partial news on the brawn jens thread. mclaren is getting mercedes engines til 2015, brawn will b named mercedes gp.

and now the nick thing makes sense, considering he was a mercedes driver, not mclaren, and mclaren banned him from the seat. they've been denying seats to a german like mercedes wanted for years, and now it seems they'll get two of them. interesting.

So McMerc is no more??

nope is over. now we'll see which side goes up and which goes down. i'm betting on the germans to succeed in middle term.

McLaren made their own engine with their new MP4-12C supercar so maybe they might have a crack @ making their own engine & probably fail in the process of the 2010 season!

McLaren made their own engine with their new MP4-12C supercar so maybe they might have a crack @ making their own engine & probably fail in the process of the 2010 season!

Mclaren have the merc engines till 2015.......enough time to pool talent and resources to develop a fledging engine manufacturing department.

Mclaren were champions before mercedes....and WILL be champions after them.

respect my bet and i respect urs. ;)

they increased the news article w details.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

Mercedes takes ownership of Brawn

Brawn will be taken over by Mercedes and be an all-German team

German car giant Mercedes has bought the Brawn Formula 1 team in a move that is likely to see Jenson Button join McLaren as Lewis Hamilton's team-mate.

Mercedes will buy a controlling interest in Brawn, believed to be 75% but will continue as McLaren's engine partner until 2015.

Brawn, who won both world titles in their debut season in 2009, will be rebranded as the Mercedes GP team.

Nico Rosberg will be their lead driver, with Nick Heidfeld his likely partner.

Neither driver has yet been confirmed but Rosberg, who drove for Williams in 2009, is widely known throughout F1 to have already signed for Brawn/Mercedes.

As part of a deal that will see the McLaren Group buy back Mercedes's 40% shareholding, the German company will continue to supply free engines and sponsorship to the team for the next six years.

Button, who won the drivers' title this year, has been trying to secure a pay-rise from his

Jenson sacrifices everything to stay at Brawn, wins the WDC and gets a kick in the teeth for it. Nice people he's working with. Great manager too.

Weird to see Brawn screw up things but I guess he might do a Rafa on it & play cool even though the whole world is on his shoulders! I'm sure Steph knows what I'm talking about ;) !

Jenson sacrifices everything to stay at Brawn, wins the WDC and gets a kick in the teeth for it. Nice people he's working with. Great manager too.

sacrifices everything? he didn't have an option lol. was either that or home. and he didn't get a kick in the teeth, he just wants more money.

Just saw on wikipedia, the team is now called Mercedes GP!! Poor Brawn won't get another chance to win WCC under his name but I'm sure Button will get the money he wants!