Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

stop crying over the german thing, seriously. this is so damn childish.

We are all children, in our own way. A forum is a place to express one's opinions with or without emotion. If it irritates you - don't read it.

We are all children, in our own way. A forum is a place to express one's opinions with or without emotion. If it irritates you - don't read it.

i'm not irritated at you, honey. i'm trying to make you see it's childish, and jens will be fine in mclaren. you're making just such a big deal out of it. i also didn't appreciate when nick lost the mclaren seat for kimi because mika was finnish and his friend, but hey, we're still here. just wait for the new season to see what's gon be like.

I read a thing in The Times where the journalist is under the impression Mercedes will be the big boys and the better team out of them and McLaren. Lest we forget McLarens best years were done using Honda engines.

Suming up:

Mercedes GP | Rosberg/ Kimi? MSC? Heidfeld?

Team McLaren | Hamilton/ Button

Williams Renault | Barrichello/Hulkenberg

Team Manor | Glock/

Scuderia Ferrari | Massa/Alonso

Megafon Renault | Kubica/Petrov? Montagny?

Red Bull Renault | Vettel/Webber

STR Ferrari | Buemi/Alguersuera?

Lotus Cosworth | Trulli?/Fauzy? Kobayashi? Villenueve?

Qadbak Sauber Mercedes |Kovalainen?

Force India Mercedes | Luizzi?/Sutil?

Virgin Cosworth ?

USf1?

With 11 driver confirmed and 2 more surely driving next year -Nico and Nick- there are 13 places to fulfill and confirm for 2010.

His mum?

Anyway, this Button business. Lots of numbers flying around. All of them different. Brawn have offered (depending on what you read)£4m, £6m and £8m. If the last then he would move to Woking for less dosh. What is interesting is not the bread. It's the length of contract. Woking rumoured to be offering a 3 year deal, Brawn a single year. So it's probably not about money but job security and a feeling of worth.

Anyway, this Kimi business. He's fast when he turns up. And there's no guarantee of that. So he's probably going home to watch F1 on the TV.

And what's the point in getting into a lather without any concrete information. Let's just wait and see. Then people can wail and gnash their teeth with abandon.

That is all.

Am I missing something here? usually I do but I don't think this is the case now, almost all of you give Jenson and Mclaren deal as a fact and as far as I know he haven't signed anything yet adn even Bernie is still saying that Button won't go to Mclaren, if there is anything new that I still haven't seen please post the link so I can read it too.

PS: Good for Glock but I still haven't forvige him for Brasil 2008 :P

i'm not irritated at you, honey. i'm trying to make you see it's childish, and jens will be fine in mclaren. you're making just such a big deal out of it. i also didn't appreciate when nick lost the mclaren seat for kimi because mika was finnish and his friend, but hey, we're still here. just wait for the new season to see what's gon be like.

I love you too :wub: Ed Gorman, usually an accurate source in theTimes has quoted Brawn and Fry as saying JB has already been offered what he asked for and is pushing for more. The term of such an agreement has not been mentioned and I have heard it was just for a year - hence, the reticence on Button's part to close a deal. Personally, though I have been a champion of Rosberg's cause for some time, I can't see him taking MGP to the WCC, even with the ultra-reliable Heidfeld's help. Kimi might and so too, Vettel, if they ever get their hands on him. I still say Jens is after the car and not the cash but if the team you just won the WDC and WCC with won't offer you the exact deal you want with firm undertakings about equipment etc. you might as well head for the door. He is a totally different guy now from the one who got the wobbles in mid-season and long may that continue, wherever he may end up.

Am I missing something here? usually I do but I don't think this is the case now, almost all of you give Jenson and Mclaren deal as a fact and as far as I know he haven't signed anything yet adn even Bernie is still saying that Button won't go to Mclaren, if there is anything new that I still haven't seen please post the link so I can read it too.

PS: Good for Glock but I still haven't forvige him for Brasil 2008 :P

As of this hour, there is no concrete evidence from any party that Jenson Button has signed an agreement with a Formula 1 team for 2010. Does that help?

I love you too :wub: Ed Gorman, usually an accurate source in theTimes has quoted Brawn and Fry as saying JB has already been offered what he asked for and is pushing for more. The term of such an agreement has not been mentioned and I have heard it was just for a year - hence, the reticence on Button's part to close a deal. Personally, though I have been a champion of Rosberg's cause for some time, I can't see him taking MGP to the WCC, even with the ultra-reliable Heidfeld's help. Kimi might and so too, Vettel, if they ever get their hands on him. I still say Jens is after the car and not the cash but if the team you just won the WDC and WCC with won't offer you the exact deal you want with firm undertakings about equipment etc. you might as well head for the door. He is a totally different guy now from the one who got the wobbles in mid-season and long may that continue, wherever he may end up.

I heard he's gon sign for 3 yrs in mclaren, even though i don't think he'd stay that long. If Nick gets a contract with Mercedes, will most likely be a 1-1 contract, so they can find a driver of their own for the role. Sebastian has been a Mercedes dream for a while, and i did see it as more likely that he'd go Mclaren-Mercedes (before this mess, haven't thoguht about it again) than Ferrari. However, he's signed for two more years.

I don't have a personal opinion on Jenson, not my kinda attitude since the Williams issue - even though helped Nick then. If it's about contract lenght or smthg like this fine. But media so far made it seem it's bout money.

I heard he's gon sign for 3 yrs in mclaren, even though i don't think he'd stay that long. If Nick gets a contract with Mercedes, will most likely be a 1-1 contract, so they can find a driver of their own for the role. Sebastian has been a Mercedes dream for a while, and i did see it as more likely that he'd go Mclaren-Mercedes (before this mess, haven't thoguht about it again) than Ferrari. However, he's signed for two more years.

I don't have a personal opinion on Jenson, not my kinda attitude since the Williams issue - even though helped Nick then. If it's about contract lenght or smthg like this fine. But media so far made it seem it's bout money.

Check this out:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motorsport/2009/11/17/ross-brawn-boss-pleads-with-jenson-button-to-end-salary-row-and-re-sign-115875-21828027/

As of this hour, there is no concrete evidence from any party that Jenson Button has signed an agreement with a Formula 1 team for 2010. Does that help?

Yes, it helped a lot, thank you.

VIRGIN MANOR.

Sounds like a raunchy Grange Hill.

His mum?

Anyway, this Button business. Lots of numbers flying around. All of them different. Brawn have offered (depending on what you read)

There's hurly burly? Why wasn't I told? Can I have mine with extra cheese?

Sure. The Beverley Sisters or The Brotherhood Of Man? If not, I can give you sugar; Ben by Michael Jackson?

And relish? Where you been, boy?

jaime is confirmed for a week or so as well.

Was he? I know Buemi had said he though Alguersuari would be back, but Tost has said if Hartley or Bortolotti go well, they could take Jaime's seat, so I don't think it's set in stone. I doubt he'd lose it to either of them, but who knows.

Nobody gives a sh1t about Glock??

I do. Timo's awesome.

Was he? I know Buemi had said he though Alguersuari would be back, but Tost has said if Hartley or Bortolotti go well, they could take Jaime's seat, so I don't think it's set in stone. I doubt he'd lose it to either of them, but who knows.

I do. Timo's awesome.

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, Glock,

Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock, Glock,

Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, Glock,

We're gonna rock around Timo Glock tonight.

There.

I do. Timo's awesome.

I do as well now he's driving for a team very local to me!

Oh, and Radio Sheffield hinted at Lucas Di Grassi being his team mate today also. Solid line-up I'd say.

He would certainly relish the challenge of measuring himself up against Lewis but I should think it's hard for him to break away from a team he has been to hell and back with over the past six years. I realise I have become far too emotional over this matter but though I fully understand the 'dog eat dog' nature of F1, this is probably the worst case of chicanery I have ever seen a driver on the receiving end of in forty years. I'll get over it - I'm a big boy and Jenson will too. I guess the one thing that tipped the scales for me was that Brawn and Fry would have never dreamed of being in this situation 12 months ago. In the pit lane at Monte Carlo, where I was lucky enough to spend some time, the big story was of how Nick Fry and Ross Brawn had singularly failed to capitalise on the team's early season success and land a sizeable sponsor. It has been the efforts of the sport's most underrated driver that has made them rich men and the team's jobs secure. Yet, they have refused the very person who engineered this minor miracle, [a first in the sport's long history] a share of the spoils. Apparently, he isn't good enough. Ah well, it's all just a game, eh Jens? You don't speak German, anyway - do you? If Macca do sign him then indeed they have a coup. They will have removed a credible challenger from the front end of the grid and gathered him in. My money's on them.

I have been hard on you but it's time to look at this in a new light; Your boy is world champion, he has secured his future with a great team and Ross Brawn having nailed the championship has secured the future of Brackley. It's all good. Let's relish that.

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, Glock,

Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock, Glock,

Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock, Glock,

We're gonna rock around Timo Glock tonight.

There.

Awesome.

Been a long time since I Glock and rolled. Been a long time, been a long time, been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

I-i-i'm gonna Glock and roll all night, and Jarno every day!

These songs might have saved Toyota, you know?