Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

Why not Montagny at Renault and Di Grassi at Campos? I thought those were the most probable names at the moment, at least according to the websites as of yesterday. Personally, I'm not too atracted to the Montagny to Renault idea, so I hope you are right, at least Petrov would make for a more original line up at la Regie. On the other hand, with the Allies at McLaren, the Axis at BGP all we need is a Pole and a Russian at Renault to have our very own iron curtain.

I reckon the Petrov inclusion is dependant on the Russian sponsor actually buying into Renault.

You can update that grid with Raikkonen/Rosberg.

Have you been living in a cave somewhere?

McLaren

1. Jenson Button

2. Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes

3. Nico Rosberg

4. Nick Heidfeld

Red Bull

5. Sebastian Vettel

6. Mark Webber

Ferrari

7. Fernando Alonso

8. Felipe Massa

Sauber

11. Heikki Kovalainen

12. Christian Klien

Williams

14. Rubens Barrichello

15. Nick H

Have you been living in a cave somewhere?

Don't be surprise but you may actually see Kimi driving for Brawn in 2010.

EDIT: I mean Mercedes GP

Just like we thought that removing traction control would level the field, and a smaller rear wing would level the field, and no launch control would level the field and...

Actually, the field is pretty leveled compared to yesteryears F1, but in the end it always comes down to a two horse race, three horses at best.

Of course, there's always room for a loophole that will upset the whole grid. My bet is on USF1 finding out that nowhere in the rules they mention that the cars should be actually built and thus win on their virtual cars thanks to their super duper gaming rigs with lots of RAM and hyper fast GPUs.

:lol:

For every effect there is a counter-effect. Whereas, Jens knows he's up against the driver that most of his contemporaries and pundits rate as the best since Michael, no one can really surmise how Lewis will be effected by Jenson's presence on the other side of the garage. Indeed Macca won't win anything unless both packages are super-competitive. I can't see Hamilton winning six or seven GPs on his own next year or anyone for that matter. There will be his team mate, Alonso, Massa, Vettel, Rosberg, Heidfeld, [the joker in the pack for me] and Webber to contend with for starters. It will be an four or five-way out scrap for points and podiums, as I see it.

Again and again, we all agree Button did very well this season, but the kind of performance difference between Brawn and the rest were so big that it allowed him to win six races, what happened after they all caught up? did he win any more races? Any good driver could win six or seven races if they had the kind of car that Jenson had in the start of this season, but then, good on Jens that he didn't screw up, he did exactly what he was asked to do....but thats a job that any good drivers on the grid can do...I cant think of a season or a time when we had so many fantastic drivers....some years back we could just think of two or three drivers who we consider as top, but this season has shown that there are so many of them, all of them capable of winning like the way Jenson did during the start of the season....some perhaps could have won even more.

Again and again, we all agree Button did very well this season, but the kind of performance difference between Brawn and the rest were so big that it allowed him to win six races, what happened after they all caught up? did he win any more races? Any good driver could win six or seven races if they had the kind of car that Jenson had in the start of this season, but then, good on Jens that he didn't screw up, he did exactly what he was asked to do....but thats a job that any good drivers on the grid can do...I cant think of a season or a time when we had so many fantastic drivers....some years back we could just think of two or three drivers who we consider as top, but this season has shown that there are so many of them, all of them capable of winning like the way Jenson did during the start of the season....some perhaps could have won even more.

I must agree that he should have done better in the middle of the season, especially when Barrichello won a couple of good races in the same car. Those little demons get you. I know - I suffer from chronic anxiety problems that can manifest themselves out of nowhere, usually around the time I'm due on stage - it's hugely debilitating. An hour later and you wonder what it was all about. Whether JB went through some similar crisis, I don't know but something was way off wack, that's for sure. I was encouraged by his drives in the last two races - we saw a different attitude altogether and the demons in harness. His overtaking manoeuvres were nothing short of stunning.

He's made his move - it was a case of sheer bravado and perhaps one he will regret - but it's done and we move on. I do find it enormously amusing that on one hand, the MGP camp is saying JB's visit to Woking was in breach of his contract and negotiations were terminated in a phone call between Jens and Ross and yet, on the other they are also claiming that it was Button's management who broke off communications after the Woking visit. Total bulls##t! If Ross and Haug had really wanted Jenson to lead the Silver Arrows, he'd have been made privy to what was going on with Stuttgart as he closed in on the WDC and asked to write his own cheque. He clearly felt unwanted and snapped at the Macca drive. It was either that or Manor, I feel. Nevertheless, it may have turned out to be an inspired choice with grumblings ever-present in the Mercedes boardroom and the volatility of the global car market.

The new MGP001 may have a considerable amount of wind tunnel and installation work behind it already but it's predecessor was way off the pace of the MP-24 and Red Bulls in the second half of the 2009 season. A custom-fitted power plant and priority attention from Merc's High Performance Team will help and the lack of such preferential treatment could hinder rivals, McLaren. That said, Ron Dennis's rumoured overtures to BMW with regard to acquiring the latter's F1 engine operation, could culminate in a fully independent power plant for both the road car and F1 divisions within two years.

Signing Raikkonen may be the smart move for MGP now. Rosberg is excellent but he's not as aggressive as Kimi. I half expected Heidfeld to team up with Sauber again but Qadbak have some serious financial issues that may preclude a return to the grid for the Hinwil team in 2010. There is little in the way of good seats left now but we will know who is where soon enough.

I must agree that he should have done better in the middle of the season, especially when Barrichello won a couple of good races in the same car. Those little demons get you. I know - I suffer from chronic anxiety problems that can manifest themselves out of nowhere, usually around the time I'm due on stage - it's hugely debilitating. An hour later and you wonder what it was all about. Whether JB went through some similar crisis, I don't know but something was way off wack, that's for sure. I was encouraged by his drives in the last two races - we saw a different attitude altogether and the demons in harness. His overtaking manoeuvres were nothing short of stunning.

He's made his move - it was a case of sheer bravado and perhaps one he will regret - but it's done and we move on. I do find it enormously amusing that on one hand, the MGP camp is saying JB's visit to Woking was in breach of his contract and negotiations were terminated in a phone call between Jens and Ross and yet, on the other they are also claiming that it was Button's management who broke off communications after the Woking visit. Total bulls##t! If Ross and Haug had really wanted Jenson to lead the Silver Arrows, he'd have been made privy to what was going on with Stuttgart as he closed in on the WDC and asked to write his own cheque. He clearly felt unwanted and snapped at the Macca drive. It was either that or Manor, I feel. Nevertheless, it may have turned out to be an inspired choice with grumblings ever-present in the Mercedes boardroom and the volatility of the global car market.

The new MGP001 may have a considerable amount of wind tunnel and installation work behind it already but it's predecessor was way off the pace of the MP-24 and Red Bulls in the second half of the 2009 season. A custom-fitted power plant and priority attention from Merc's High Performance Team wil

l help and the lack of such preferential treatment could hinder rivals, McLaren. That said, Ron Dennis's rumoured overtures to BMW with regard to acquiring the latter's F1 engine operation, could culminate in a fully independent power plant for both the road car and F1 divisions within two years.

Signing Raikkonen may be the smart move for MGP now. Rosberg is excellent but he's not as aggressive as Kimi. I half expected Heidfeld to team up with Sauber again but Qadbak have some serious financial issues that may preclude a return to the grid for the Hinwil team in 2010. There is little in the way of good seats left now but we will know who is where soon enough.

not happening, kimi just said it to f1.com. I'm expecting nick to sign with mercedes, even though i considered that, if renault does not make it to 2010, maybe robert would be a great surprise - as haug said we should expect one. but that's a LOT of guessing, the nick thing seems way more concrete.

as for usf1 someone mentioned above, as far as i know, cars are making to 2010. at least for the first race.

autosport nam,ed Hamilton as best 2009 driver... sorry off topic... it should be posted in the best joke ever...

Not at all, I consider Hamilton to be one of the best drivers and he did great in 2009 even when they started the season with a very bad car, Kimi did great to despite having a worse car adn Hamilton outscored Kimi achiving two wins and more points also winning the third place in the WCC and he was winning the last race and had a failure, so it is not a bad decision.

let me tell ya something, kimi is NOT the reference point for best driver choosing. really, not everything is/should be about him.

autosport nam,ed Hamilton as best 2009 driver... sorry off topic... it should be posted in the best joke ever...

At the same time the team bosses vote Vettel the driver of the year,

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80222

Quite an expected list, though I don't understand Alonso at 4th, what did he accomplish this year, 1 podium (3rd) and a couple of 5th places. No way should he be above Rubens, Kimi and Mark (or even Felipe).

let me tell ya something, kimi is NOT the reference point for best driver choosing. really, not everything is/should be about him.

And who told you that he is a reference for anything? did yu read that I started my post using the word "I" as in me, incating that I was just posting "my" opinion? if I used Kimi there was because you all know my opinion of him and I was stating that even after all "I" said about Kimi I think Hamilton did a better job and he deserve to win that award, they both did the best job of the second half of the season like the article about Hamilton just mentioned during that part Kimi was the only one to do a similar job adn if I mention that part of the season it is because in that part the rules were clear to everybody and everybody had uptaded their car to the "news" rules, I am sorry that Nick :mf_tongue: could not be mentioned here but he is just an invisible driver, you can talk about about him if you want meanwhile I will talk about the ones delivering results in this case Hamilton and Kimi :P

At the same time the team bosses vote Vettel the driver of the year,

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80222

Quite an expected list, though I don't understand Alonso at 4th, what did he accomplish this year, 1 podium (3rd) and a couple of 5th places. No way should he be above Rubens, Kimi and Mark (or even Felipe).

If podium numbers or points earned were the only measure of a driver's skill, you could avoid watching F1 entirely and just watch an excel spreadsheet.

And who told you that he is a reference for anything? did yu read that I started my post using the word "I" as in me, incating that I was just posting "my" opinion? if I used Kimi there was because you all know my opinion of him and I was stating that even after all "I" said about Kimi I think Hamilton did a better job and he deserve to win that award, they both did the best job of the second half of the season like the article about Hamilton just mentioned during that part Kimi was the only one to do a similar job adn if I mention that part of the season it is because in that part the rules were clear to everybody and everybody had uptaded their car to the "news" rules, I am sorry that Nick :mf_tongue: could not be mentioned here but he is just an invisible driver, you can talk about about him if you want meanwhile I will talk about the ones delivering results in this case Hamilton and Kimi :P

yes and i'm talking about you, not about autosport. I support Nick and I'm still down to earth enough to know he can't be used as a reference but well, neither can Kimi R

yes and i'm talking about you, not about autosport. I support Nick and I'm still down to earth enough to know he can't be used as a reference but well, neither can Kimi R

You started this and you want out so quickly, next time don't so nosy, everyone is free to post their opinion, I am a Kimi fan and I can consider him to be the best driver of all time if I want, I can mention him in every post if I want to and I can use him as reference if want to, but that doesn't change anything those are just my opinion adn some times, i jsut post what I want in order to wind up someone, just don't take everything I post so seriuosly because if can have fun here then there is no point in posting so I'll continue having fun mocking around, windind up, posting whatever I feel like it, once the fun is over I'll leave this forum meanwhile, try to stand the heat or just ignore me if you think my comments are not worthy, believe it won't hurt to do that.

you're as damn free to write whatever as i am, and well, if you're so sure about your man maybe you should ignore my words and go on idolizing him, instead of losing all this time to answer me, when you could've printed more 10 pictures of him to glue on your wall.

you're as damn free to write whatever as i am, and well, if you're so sure about your man maybe you should ignore my words and go on idolizing him, instead of losing all this time to answer me, when you could've printed more 10 pictures of him to glue on your wall.

No I can't do that now, I am working, but that's a great idea but my wife won't let me glue kimi's pictures on the wall at home, so I won't be able to do it but you just gave a great idea, I could start exchanging pictures of Kimi with all of you, of course Kimi's pics will be the ones with more value, let's see:

1 Kimi's picture for:

5 of Hamilton

50 of Alonso

5 of Vetel

6 of Rubens

5 of Massa

Nick's lifetime album.

As I am working I continue the list latter.

No I can't do that now, I am working, but that's a great idea but my wife won't let me glue kimi's pictures on the wall at home, so I won't be able to do it but you just gave a great idea, I could start exchanging pictures of Kimi with all of you, of course Kimi's pics will be the ones with more value, let's see:

1 Kimi's picture for:

5 of Hamilton

50 of Alonso

5 of Vetel

6 of Rubens

5 of Massa

Nick's lifetime album.

As I am working I continue the list latter.

you remind me of a silly girl i know, who probably committed suicide by now, and who used to say kimi was worthy more than anything on earth because his hair was made of gold, and if ever the sun stopped shining, we could put him on orbit so he'd provide us light for the rest of our lives. rip laura.

you remind me of a silly girl i know, who probably committed suicide by now, and who used to say kimi was worthy more than anything on earth because his hair was made of gold, and if ever the sun stopped shining, we could put him on orbit so he'd provide us light for the rest of our lives. rip laura.

:lol: That's funny, everytime I talk to my iwfe about the blond women we see here, I use the same expression but are you sure she's dead, she would be a great adition to this forum. :P and to show you that i am ready to kiss and make up here is a

for you.

probably dead, she doesn't answer sms or emails for 2 days now lol. plus after knowing u listen this i understand ur act much better.

probably dead, she doesn't answer sms or emails for 2 days now lol. plus after knowing u listen this i understand ur act much better.

He is one of the greatest singer of all time, just to give a good reference he is as good singing as Kimi is driving. :P

He is one of the greatest singer of all time, just to give a good reference he is as good singing as Kimi is driving. :P

omg. we agree.