Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

Boy I hope Kimi goes to Merc. What an exciting season it will be with Lewis, Fernando, Seabass and Kimi all as captains of their own teams in the running for the WDC, plus the infights between Jenson and Lewis, Alonso and Felipe to boot.

... Not that I'm wishing ill on Massa, but I really hope there's a seat at Ferrari in 2011 or 2012 for Kubica. He's not going to be able to live up to his potential at Renault, and I think he would give Fernando a run for his money.

Force India seem to be looking for a new driver. Sutil being moved upto Mercedes? I hope not; I can think of much more deserving drivers,but then again, I would like to see how good he really is. I haven'theard him linked to it though, it's just a guess based on the fact FIare testing di Resta and have shown an interest in de la Rosa andJani. Obviously, someone's leaving, and many had said Sutil waslooking to move up. Perhaps Renault. I don't see him at Mercedes, but I guess I don't see Heidfeld there, or Rosberg as the lead driver like they say, so who knows.

Force India seem to be looking for a new driver. Sutil being moved upto Mercedes? I hope not; I can think of much more deserving drivers,but then again, I would like to see how good he really is. I haven'theard him linked to it though, it's just a guess based on the fact FIare testing di Resta and have shown an interest in de la Rosa andJani. Obviously, someone's leaving, and many had said Sutil waslooking to move up. Perhaps Renault. I don't see him at Mercedes, but I guess I don't see Heidfeld there, or Rosberg as the lead driver like they say, so who knows.

I think Sutil to Brawn would have made sense prior to the Mercedes acquisition, in light of JB heading to McLaren.... but now Merc needs a strong driver. I don't think they want to enter formula 1 and labor around mid-pack with Williams, Renault and Force India (isn't it scary that those have become our mid-pack teams?!)

Someone else made a post here earlier where they said 'Rosberg may be the future, but not yet...'. I think a Rosberg/Heidfeld or Rosberg/Sutil pairing would betray one of two things for Mercedes:

#1) they have WAYYYYY too much confidence in Rosberg

#2) they are satisfied to be a mid-pack team for the next few years

I don't think either of those really describes Mercedes ambitions with their acquisition of Brawn, so that means we're left with the third option:

#3) IT'S KIMI TIME!!!! :aikido1yw:

Sutil to Renault would be a good fit, I think he could do well there. They're still unconfirmed for a #2 seat, right?

I certainly don't approve of the Sutil move if it happens, but who knows? He has a relationship with Mercedes, he's looking to move up, he's German, he's fairly quick, and he comes cheaper than Kimi. I'd take Kimi over him, but it depends on the price. The fact Kimi's willing to take a sabbatical shows F1 isn't the most important thing in his life, and while I appreaciate that, I don't know if his potential employers will.

We'll see. I hope Kimi gets it. 2010 could be absolutely epic.

I certainly don't approve of the Sutil move if it happens, but who knows? He has a relationship with Mercedes, he's looking to move up, he's German, he's fairly quick, and he comes cheaper than Kimi. I'd take Kimi over him, but it depends on the price. The fact Kimi's willing to take a sabbatical shows F1 isn't the most important thing in his life, and while I appreaciate that, I don't know if his potential employers will.

We'll see. I hope Kimi gets it. 2010 could be absolutely epic.

Kimi has gone. Heidfeld will get the seat. However, Renault are far from stable at this point and Kubica could end up at MGP.

autosport nam,ed Hamilton as best 2009 driver... sorry off topic... it should be posted in the best joke ever...

hmm - according to our DOD polls it was kobayashi

something's amiss here

this is tricky to assess. everyone's in different cars, but we can look at their performance against their teammates. but then their teammates are all of differing abilities, so...

I set up an excel spreadsheet. I took the difference beteen the driver and their teammate and then removed a coefficient based upon the carreer performance of that teammate. I then used the inverse square root of the number of races divided by the points the gained and allowed for team mistakes by using a ratio of 2:1 against driver errors when multiplying my figure by the points that the driver could potentially of gained had the mistake not occured. I then accounted for car performance by adding the overall constructor points to the driver coefficients and divided that figure by the sum of the points gained divided by number of races entered for that constructor. I then removed that figure from my individual driver rating. Simple.

p = ((root^-1(y^2))/((x+3F)-j))/A^e-3

The results are as follows...

1) Vettel - consistent mid-season. kept in contention at the start of the year without double diffuser. well done to keep WDC and WCC alive as long as he did. without a couple of errors from him and red bull, he may even have won WDC.

2) Hamilton - brilliant performance with Sh#tty car. never stopped trying. that takes determination. also matured considerably as a person.

3) Button - consistent in fast car. a little less than convincing mid-season. great last couple of races. worthy WDC but needs to show more conviction when the odds are against him.

4) Kimi - similar to Hamilton in an even Sh#ttier car, but failed to show up on a couple of occasions. he still has it, but in flashes. I want to see that aggression (he showed at spa) all the time.

5) Webber - pushed Vettel and Brawn in WCC. best #2 of any team this year.

If podium numbers or points earned were the only measure of a driver's skill, you could avoid watching F1 entirely and just watch an excel spreadsheet.

:unsure:

...taxi!

hmm - according to our DOD polls it was kobayashi

something's amiss here

this is tricky to assess. everyone's in different cars, but we can look at their performance against their teammates. but then their teammates are all of differing abilities, so...

I set up an excel spreadsheet. I took the difference beteen the driver and their teammate and then removed a coefficient based upon the carreer performance of that teammate. I then used the inverse square root of the number of races divided by the points the gained and allowed for team mistakes by using a ratio of 2:1 against driver errors when multiplying my figure by the points that the driver could potentially of gained had the mistake not occured. I then accounted for car performance by adding the overall constructor points to the driver coefficients and divided that figure by the sum of the points gained divided by number of races entered for that constructor. I then removed that figure from my individual driver rating. Simple.

p = ((root^-1(y^2))/((x+3F)-j))/A^e-3

The results are as follows...

1) Vettel - consistent mid-season. kept in contention at the start of the year without double diffuser. well done to keep WDC and WCC alive as long as he did. without a couple of errors from him and red bull, he may even have won WDC.

2) Hamilton - brilliant performance with Sh#tty car. never stopped trying. that takes determination. also matured considerably as a person.

3) Button - consistent in fast car. a little less than convincing mid-season. great last couple of races. worthy WDC but needs to show more conviction when the odds are against him.

4) Kimi - similar to Hamilton in an even Sh#ttier car, but failed to show up on a couple of occasions. he still has it, but in flashes. I want to see that aggression (he showed at spa) all the time.

5) Webber - pushed Vettel and Brawn in WCC. best #2 of any team this year.

I like you list/description but I feel Button is a little too high because like you said he was consistent in a fast car and I think even Rubens did better when he didn't have the best car and Rubens is not even in the list.

I like you list/description but I feel Button is a little too high because like you said he was consistent in a fast car and I think even Rubens did better when he didn't have the best car and Rubens is not even in the list.

that's an easy one...

who did better in the same car over the whole season? button.

anyway - my list has been constructed using the latest scientifically accurate statistical analysis available (and an excel spread sheet), so you can't argue with it - it's 100% correct.

that's an easy one...

anyway - my list has been constructed using the latest scientifically accurate statistical analysis available (and an excel spread sheet), so you can't argue with it - it's 100% correct.

But do the stats have a Wikipedia page? If they don't, they mean nothing to me.

But do the stats have a Wikipedia page? If they don't, they mean nothing to me.

Plus...I think he forgot a parentheses somewhere in his formulae. So, according to that spreasheet, with the amended formulae, plus the invaluable imput from Microsoft's Clippo, I've came up with the following list:

Best drivers of 2009:

5) Luca Badoer

4) Tamara Ecclestone

3) Nvidia driver

2) Lenny Kravitz's Mr.Cab Driver

1)

Plus...I think he forgot a parentheses somewhere in his formulae. So, according to that spreasheet, with the amended formulae, plus the invaluable imput from Microsoft's Clippo, I've came up with the following list:

Best drivers of 2009:

5) Luca Badoer

4) Tamara Ecclestone

3) Nvidia driver

2) Lenny Kravitz's Mr.Cab Driver

1)

*sigh*

are you using 'MAX' or 'AVE' in cell C19?

*sigh*

are you using 'MAX' or 'AVE' in cell C19?

Ooops...I was using NETWORKINGDAYS. Clippo told me that one!

Ooops...I was using NETWORKINGDAYS. Clippo told me that one!

clippo's a d#ck

The Red Baron in a Silver Arrow? Surely not? His neck is shagged and will never be as strong, Corinna gave him an ear bashing over the Ferrari dep thing because of it. I think it is all probably a Stuttgart wet dream. That said, if it did happen, Bernie would have a permanent hard-on, for sure and there would be no shortage of sponsors milling around. I firmly believe there have been discussions but [a] can he get in shape? and does he really want to? It would certainly dim the current glow from the Woking camp and Button would certainly get all the challenge a driver could possible hope for. We shall see. Nothing would surprise me now though surely, if he wanted to drive again, he have called LdM?

that's an easy one...

I guess you are right, my problem is that I more used to Access than Excel but based on your statement I will agree 100% with your list and I will ask you to ignore my previous post. :P

I like that guy and I miss him a lot, he mey be called intrusive but he tought me a lot and he was a great help for me.

Before you bludgeoned him to death with a brick whilst screaming "NO! I don't want to write a ****ing letter! **** off and die you bendy piece of ****ing metal!"

I know - we've all been there.

Michael times had gone by

I agree. He could be fast, but not competitive for race wins and a championship. It really depends on why Mercedes is making this acquisition. If it's all about marketing Merc road cars, other products and services, and ensuring an all German line-up, then the MSC deal could make sense.

If they're interested in being a force in F1, and fighting for podiums every race, then it makes zero sense.. too risky. Kimi is the ONLY option.

Some of the articles I'm reading today are absurd. This one figures that they'll want Schumi for a 1 year deal, to clear way to try to lure Vettel away from Red Bull next year. Absurd.. the authors main working theory is that Mercedes MUST have a German line up at all costs. Considering the amount of business they do all over the world, I don't think it is in the parent companies best interest to cultivate a 'German eliteism' in their F1 team. Having Heidfeld, Rosberg, Sutil, Schumacher and Vettel as the only possible candidates for a race seat isn't smart.

I'm just not buying it.

Michael times had gone by

Thread hijack!

This thread's about Clippit, Links and other Microsoft helpers!

I agree. He could be fast, but not competitive for race wins and a championship. It really depends on why Mercedes is making this acquisition. If it's all about marketing Merc road cars, other products and services, and ensuring an all German line-up, then the MSC deal could make sense.

If they're interested in being a force in F1, and fighting for podiums every race, then it makes zero sense.. too risky. Kimi is the ONLY option.

Some of the articles I'm reading today are absurd. This one figures that they'll want Schumi for a 1 year deal, to clear way to try to lure Vettel away from Red Bull next year. Absurd.. the authors main working theory is that Mercedes MUST have a German line up at all costs. Considering the amount of business they do all over the world, I don't think it is in the parent companies best interest to cultivate a 'German eliteism' in their F1 team. Having Heidfeld, Rosberg, Sutil, Schumacher and Vettel as the only possible candidates for a race seat isn't smart.

I'm just not buying it.

They obviously did not want an all-German line up. Why offer JB a seat? It's clear they did and he was set against it from the off at any price. he wanted to get out of his comfort zone. Neck injuries such as the one MIchael has don't heal when you're 40. There will always be a weakness. OK, he has a shed load of time to get super-fit but he'll still be way off the shape one needs to be in to drive these things now. One bad shunt and he could be in all sorts of Sh#t. he has a wife and growing family. Does anybody think he's that stupid?