Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Teams & Drivers 2010

How do you justify and defend his prescence in F1, admitting all that you have. Kimi is a waster. So he's slow for some mistifying reason that only his real fans who truely understand him know about? What, are you all in the same Smirnoff purchase syndicate? Do me a favour. You can only defend this half hearted waste of space for so long. You only want to support him if he's in a great car? How shallow is that?

I think you can read in my previous post that said including me because I found some info that was post here were it says how amazed was Ferrari by Kimi's performance, I guess you read it too, I didn't have any idea of that until I came across that post meanwhile you say he is slow and I am suppose to ignore that article and believe your declaration just because you have a red car in your signature, I also read race by race what the team's leaders were saying about Kimi but I guess in your opinion the said just in case Alonso fail in his task they could hire Kimi back and they just don't want to burn their bridges, but even when I read that I am still suppose to take your word and believe Kimi is slow, I am also suppose to believe Ferrari had a supercar this season and Kimi wasted just taking some podiums and just a single win, I have to pretend that I didn't see what I saw and still believe your words and last but not least, I don't justify Kimi's presnce in F1 I just want him to be there as a fan of him that I am but I am ok with anything he decide to do even going to Nascar where it will be easier for me to see him.

And no Kimi is not slow and I never said he was and I don't know about any reason for him to be slow, he is a very fast driver adn IMO the fastest one.

EDIT: it looks like i didn't express correctly what I mean is that is he doesn't get the car he is looking for and get out of F1 I will suppore FM or LH but as long as he is in F1 he'll be my boy.

How do you justify and defend his prescence in F1, admitting all that you have. Kimi is a waster. So he's slow for some mistifying reason that only his real fans who truely understand him know about? What, are you all in the same Smirnoff purchase syndicate? Do me a favour. You can only defend this half hearted waste of space for so long. You only want to support him if he's in a great car? How shallow is that?

Lol, Kimi has p**sed off Dribbler big time ;)

In all seriousness, where do you get all this "Kimi is slow/waste" crap? He was arguably the fastest driver during the latter part of the past season (together with Hamilton, but McLaren was also a better car than Ferrari). McLaren and Mercedes have openly admitted to robbing 2 WDC's from Kimi by providing an unreliable car to him. People point out to last season, forgetting that Kimi actually led the championship for quite a while, and was ahead of Massa even longer, until an unfortunate streak of 4 no-points finishes (not all due to Kimi's driving). He certainly isn't someone who will build a team around him, but last I checked, he didn't pretend to be. He is a driver, a racer, and is hired to drive the car the team provides him with, as fast as possible. You may say he is too inconsistent as far as his good days and bad days go, but if Kimi's bad days are those when he practically matches Massa at the form of his life, and his good days are such that he wins in a car that doesn't belong in top-10... any team principle not wanting to hire him needs to check their heads. In terms of talent, Lewis, Alonso and Kimi are far ahead of any other driver on the present grid.

His presence in F1 is justified by him being one of the fastest drivers in motor sports. This is simply a fact. Teams may decide being the fastest driver is not enough anymore, the driver needs to have other qualities as well. In that case, they may opt for someone else than Kimi, and that is ok for them then. I hope there is some room for pure racers in F1 still too.

I feel it's a big mistake but I wish him luck. I hope he proves his doubters wrong and puts some manners on his team-mate. It will make good viewing anyway. He wasn't going to stay where he wasn't wanted, was he.

Interesting if true. I wonder if McLaren has signed the deal as well yet. Somehow, I get the feeling Jenson is panicking, thinking Mercedes will get two German drivers and wants to secure a seat at McLaren before they come to an agreement with Kimi (though I've been known to be wrong at many occasions ;) ).

In all seriousness, where do you get all this "Kimi is slow/waste" crap? He was arguably the fastest driver during the latter part of the past season (together with Hamilton, but McLaren was also a better car than Ferrari). McLaren and Mercedes have openly admitted to robbing 2 WDC's from Kimi by providing an unreliable car to him. People point out to last season, forgetting that Kimi actually led the championship for quite a while, and was ahead of Massa even longer, until an unfortunate streak of 4 no-points finishes (not all due to Kimi's driving). He certainly isn't someone who will build a team around him, but last I checked, he didn't pretend to be. He is a driver, a racer, and is hired to drive the car the team provides him with, as fast as possible. You may say he is too inconsistent as far as his good days and bad days go, but if Kimi's bad days are those when he practically matches Massa at the form of his life, and his good days are such that he wins in a car that doesn't belong in top-10... any team principle not wanting to hire him needs to check their heads. In terms of talent, Lewis, Alonso and Kimi are far ahead of any other driver on the present grid.

His presence in F1 is justified by him being one of the fastest drivers in motor sports. This is simply a fact. Teams may decide being the fastest driver is not enough anymore, the driver needs to have other qualities as well. In that case, they may opt for someone else than Kimi, and that is ok for them then. I hope there is some room for pure racers in F1 still too.

:clap3:

Ummmmmmmmmm

I don't want Button in McLaren, but apparently it's looking all but certain, and Brawn GP are soon to become Mercedes, who want Nico and Nick. Gosh I'm bloody p**sed off because firstly, how is Button going to cope with being put into the number 2 slot, and secondly, with a car developed for an aggressive driver.

**** Sh#t BOLLOCKS!

Indeed.

I don't want Button in a McLaren because they're cheating b#####ds.

But I think its quite funny that the anti-honda fans a couple of years back are shouting for him to stay at Brackley.

I want to see Button succeed.

I'm not a fan of his. And I think his refusal to resign with Brawn was just plain dumb.

BUT.

I have trouble not rooting for the underdog. And the way people have been saying Button isn't any good, it'd be nice to see him beat Lewis, who, for the record, I have nothing against.

It would be extra nice to see Button hand it to Mercedes Grand Prix, because I hate them.

So. I hope Button does well in the same way I hope Massa beats Alonso (of course, Massa's my favorite along with Webber, Barrichello, and Nando himself).

Still, I think it's all Vettel's this year. Who knows? It'll be close. My predictions are all turning out wrong on the grid. It's good because it's interesting, though.

Not really. You rate Button highly. Ross Brawn doesn't rate him highly enough to retain him but you are convinced he has suddenly had a complete removal of integrity and couldn't possibly be doing this for a sound reason. Right?

Deep down I don't think Ross had a choice. In the sense of staying in F1, or packing up and making more people unemployed. Don't get me wrong, I hate the fact Ross sold Jenson down the river. But what I do disagree with is people saying its because Jens hasn't got the talent.

Ross had to let him go. Truth be known I think Jens agreed to save the jobs and livelyhoods of the workers at Brackley.

Now tell me that isn't a sacrifice.

[quote name='Schumikonen' date='17 November 2009 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1258429091' post='303535']
That's what I think it is going to happen.
[/quote]

Yup, me too. Don't see MGP signing two Germans (one and a half actually)just cause they're well er... German :blush:.

Wasn't Haug cuddling up with Kimi somewhere recently...:eusa_think:

Good post. I couldn't agree more that Kimi was robbed of a couple of championships with McLaren. I maintain that currently, Kimi is not what he was. Maybe Ferrari are wrong too.

It is missinterpretation. Here are actual words by Haug!

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/80175

:blink:

just went and checked the same BBC article and it's been changed - you're right - glad to see it too. :)

looks like someone at BBC copied their article from the daily bloody mail. Once they realised it was half fabrication (especially the quotes), they went and fixed it.

nice to know Haug isn't pandering to the small minded.

(he was speaking English, so the original was basically a fabrication.)

PS - Button to McLaren is confirmed now too

I want to see Button succeed.

I'm not a fan of his. And I think his refusal to resign with Brawn was just plain dumb.

BUT

I have trouble not rooting for the underdog. And the way people have been saying Button isn't any good, it'd be nice to see him beat Lewis, who, for the record, I have nothing against.

It would be extra nice to see Button hand it to Mercedes Grand Prix, because I hate them.

So. I hope Button does well in the same way I hope Massa beats Alonso (of course, Massa's my favorite along with Webber, Barrichello, and Nando himself).

Still, I think it's all Vettel's this year. Who knows? It'll be close. My predictions are all turning out wrong on the grid. It's good because it's interesting, though.

You speaketh like a human Eric, smashin' post from the forum member closest to Douglas Adams (I promise, that's a compliment!), and I agree.

None of us know the rumblings of the Merc deal over the last months (unless you read Brit tabloids, and believe them), none of us know why JB would want to leave a team he thought of as 'his', none of us know why McLaren would consider taking him on, but if they do, they know something we don't, and that means JB must be held in reasonable regard compared against Macca's other options. And for those that think it would purely be a marketing wonder, or a poke at Merc, then you're deluded.

Now, will Lew, the acclaimed wonderkid (which I'd agree with btw), kick his arse? It's very possible. If he kicks JB's arse by, let's say an average of more than .250sec per lap over the season then JB's buried. He'll know where he stands and deal with it accordingly, he'll have earnt good dosh and find pastures new, Negative Git can carry on stirring the plop, maure will still be festering in conspiracies, life goes on.

Though, if this rumoured move to McLaren did happen, and JB was within (averaged over the year) .100sec or less, then you've got a driver that's maybe not in the super-super-league, but clearly a damned quick guy. Personally, I think he'll gain respect for just how close he is to Lewis, but then, I would. :P

On Lewis and his 'place' in today's grid, I'd say there's just him and Alonso that can deliver maximum attack over the full season (yes, I left Kimi out, who I think will drive for Merc, because I'm talking about delivering over the full year), so if JB was a midges knob short of that, then his stock will stay the same or rise.

All this talk of where he should go, well if he did go to McLaren with Lew I admire his confidence. I like to follow the progress of a small number of drivers (eye, JB's one), though I'm not interested in drivers that avoid putting themselves up against the (percieved) best, it's only by playing with the best that you improve, and achieve self respect.

With regard to the Guardian piece, I would say that that until we get a rebuttal or confirmation [both things usually mean the same thing in F1] from Woking over Jenson's alleged agreement with the McLaren team, the door is still open at Merc GP. Consider, that he had taken the

He crashed against a wall? Then a bright future at Renault awaits him :D

A new non-cheating b@stards Renault F1! As for Button, DOPE!!! I predict 8 races into next season before Button gets fed up as being number 2 & being treated like 1 & will be running back to Brawn!

:blink:

just went and checked the same BBC article and it's been changed - you're right - glad to see it too. :)

looks like someone at BBC copied their article from the daily bloody mail. Once they realised it was half fabrication (especially the quotes), they went and fixed it.

nice to know Haug isn't pandering to the small minded.

(he was speaking English, so the original was basically a fabrication.)

PS - Button to McLaren is confirmed now too

Source?

Glock goes to Manor: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8363770.stm

The new Manor Grand Prix team have signed the German Timo Glock as their lead driver for their debut season in Formula 1 in 2010.

Glock has raced for Toyota for the last two seasons but was on the market after the Japanese company pulled out of F1 at the end of the season.

Glock has agreed to a two-year deal, with the option of another season.

"The team may be small and new but it has big ambitions and a very impressive car," the 27-year-old said.

Although the deal has not been confirmed, Manor are expected to be sponsored by Virgin, and be re-named Virgin F1.

Glock missed the last three races of 2009 following a crash during qualifying for the Japan Grand Prix, but also secured two podium finishes during the season.

And Manor technical director Nick Wirth said he was delighted to have secured a driver with a proven F1 record having raced in 36 grands prix, scoring 51 points.

"It has always been my recommendation that we have at least one driver with experience of the 2009 cars to help our development programme," he said.

"But to get a driver that has not only achieved podium finishes in 2009 but has such proven talent and the potential to take us forward for many years is very exciting.

"The fact that he has come and seen all aspects of the project before making his decision speaks volumes about what we have achieved so far.

"We just can't wait to get Timo into the new car once track testing begins next year."

Glock, who revealed he had several options for the 2010 season, added: "Every driver has the same overall objective - to win the world championship one day - but the way I want to succeed is to be part of the process of building a team and to play a key role in developing the car.

"I am confident that I can play a big role in terms of my technical input and that's a fantastic opportunity for me.

"I can't wait to start testing the new car early next year."

accept it, he wants to go.

He would certainly relish the challenge of measuring himself up against Lewis but I should think it's hard for him to break away from a team he has been to hell and back with over the past six years. I realise I have become far too emotional over this matter but though I fully understand the 'dog eat dog' nature of F1, this is probably the worst case of chicanery I have ever seen a driver on the receiving end of in forty years. I'll get over it - I'm a big boy and Jenson will too. I guess the one thing that tipped the scales for me was that Brawn and Fry would have never dreamed of being in this situation 12 months ago. In the pit lane at Monte Carlo, where I was lucky enough to spend some time, the big story was of how Nick Fry and Ross Brawn had singularly failed to capitalise on the team's early season success and land a sizeable sponsor. It has been the efforts of the sport's most underrated driver that has made them rich men and the team's jobs secure. Yet, they have refused the very person who engineered this minor miracle, [a first in the sport's long history] a share of the spoils. Apparently, he isn't good enough. Ah well, it's all just a game, eh Jens? You don't speak German, anyway - do you? If Macca do sign him then indeed they have a coup. They will have removed a credible challenger from the front end of the grid and gathered him in. My money's on them.