Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Well since I am attending the GP weekend and I saw no one started a topic on it I thought I would start. Took some great pics from Friday Practice today, and also I must say, the circuit looks pretty damn amazing! Just a shame the security at the gates were so strict with not allowing you in with cigarettes or lighters!!!

Here. And good, should be like that at more places. Race tracks ARE public places, and as far as I am concerned, smoking in public places is banned at least in Britain. Not everybody wants to breath in fag smoke.

Here. And good, should be like that at more places. Race tracks ARE public places, and as far as I am concerned, smoking in public places is banned at least in Britain. Not everybody wants to breath in fag smoke.

If someone is smoking in a designated smoking area outside what is the problem? Your breathing in car fumes, brake dust and various other Sh#t, and in the UAE your also breathing in concrete dust and sand. Its people like you that p**s me off so much with your opinions on smokers, if you dont like, dont go near them. I suspect you drink alcohol? Dont you realise the damage that causes, and also when was the last time you saw someone smoke a cigarette and due to smoking said cigarette, go and smash a few windows and start fights etc????!!!???? Cant have a cigarette but yeah, drink yourself to death by all means!!!

Anyway, the security guards got given a new order halfway through the day and there are now designated smoking areas inside the complex!

Abort thread. Please. We don't need an "lol you suck at life because you _______________" thread.

Smokers are humans too. And so are non-smokers. Yay! Super happy fun times! There should be designated areas at outdoor public events so we can all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let's all go to the other thread. It's better over there.

Now, I don't want to make this decend into a fight and I'm sorry for annoying you, but I must clear my side up. This is the last thing I'll say on the matter.

Sure you might be breathing all that in on a daily basis, but you never really notice it, it's in the air, it's part of everyday life really. Air pollution and what not exists. But to me, somebody stood on a street corner blowing fag smoke into your face isn't natural, and what more it is MUCH MUCH more toxic than any fumes from engines. There are so many deadly toxic chemicals in cigarettes that you don't breath in in any other way than through cigarettes. I take great responsiblity in my health and my fitness and I stay away from people smoking or doing drugs or anything like that because I realise how much damage they can do to your health and I don't want to live my life knowing on a daily basis I am considerably reducing my life expectancy. That is the attitude I have always had with my life and will continue to hold.

And as for the record, no I don't drink alcohol either as I am not old enough.

My main problem with smokers is the inconsideration by many (not all) that they still smoke in public places where there are many people who don't want to breath that **** in. When I went to British GP this year, it was annoying to constantly have to hold your breath as the cancer crew lit up behind the Grand Stands in between races.

When you have that deal of inconsideration from smokers towards non-smokers, I can't not help feel a deal of immense frustration to the offending party. That's all.

That is the only further thing I am saying on the matter.

Kay, so, let's try this again.

ABORT THREAD. :)

Here, here! I don't like smoking but who am I to make Ben decide what he wants to do with his life!

Here, here! I don't like smoking but who am I to make Ben decide what he wants to do with his life!

Me neither. I couldn't care to be honest, if he wants to smoke, he can damn well smoke. I was just airing my views. Is that such a crime?

as an ex-smoker...

give me a short but enjoyable life over a long and dull one anytime.

now - where did I put my meth?

This is the last thing I'll say on the matter.

Fine. I shan't quote you anymore then.

Fine, I shan't quote you anymore then. Apart from this very last time (if this is definitely the last, further thing you will say on the matter).

Me neither. I couldn't care to be honest, if he wants to smoke, he can damn well smoke. I was just airing my views. Is that such a crime?

I'm going to start smoking again. It tastes f*cking great and I love seeing people whince as I blow the stinky cancerous sh!t into their faces. F*cking marvellous.

See, this is my problem!

People's attitude. You voice some opinions and smokers swoon and go "how dare he say that!"

If you ACTUALLY read what I said, I never mentioned anything that you should stop smoking. I voiced an opinion on why, personally, to me as a view, something I hold close to me, an idea, whatever you want to call it, I'd never smoke and find some smokers to be very, very inconsiderate. I think some of the replies here show just that.

Thank you and good day.

as an ex-smoker...

give me a short but enjoyable life over a long and dull one anytime.

now - where did I put my meth?

As an ex-ex-smoker...

Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh... I need a ****ing cigarette NOW!

Where's the smoker emo when you need it?

See, this is my problem!

Yep - your problem. If you want smokers to be considerate - try it yourself - let me explain...

As a considerate non-smoker I think people should be able to enjoy their cigarettes anywhere in the great outdoors and quite frankly they should be able to do it indoors too, if the owner of the premises wants to allow it. You see, I'm for freedom - their freedom to choose. My freedom to choose whether to stand next to them or not.

Now think about this.

You may not want smokers to stand next to you and blow smoke in your face - yes?

Well smokers probably don't want you standing next to them speaking Sh#t in their face - yes?

I suggest you take up drink and drugs - I highly recommend them. When I was a teenager, I learnt how to have enormous amounts of fun, how to make lots of long-lasting friendships and how to be a person with who those friends actually wanted to spend time - all whilst smoking copious amounts of tobacco (and other things).

And you know what the funny thing is? I'm so totally glad I did it all. If I had the choice again, I'd make exactly the same decisions.

And that the very last thing I'll say on the matter - no - really.

As an ex-ex-smoker...

Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh... I need a ****ing cigarette NOW!

Where's the smoker emo when you need it?

how's this...

post-2537-125699196911_thumb.jpg

how's this...

How can Renault have such a bad car? And Ferrari?

I need something stronger than tobacco.

Where is my acetylsalicylic acid?

I'm going to start smoking again. It tastes f*cking great and I love seeing people whince as I blow the stinky cancerous sh!t into their faces. F*cking marvellous.

:lol::lol:

Now, I don't want to make this decend into a fight and I'm sorry for annoying you, but I must clear my side up. This is the last thing I'll say on the matter.

Sure you might be breathing all that in on a daily basis, but you never really notice it, it's in the air, it's part of everyday life really. Air pollution and what not exists. But to me, somebody stood on a street corner blowing fag smoke into your face isn't natural, and what more it is MUCH MUCH more toxic than any fumes from engines. There are so many deadly toxic chemicals in cigarettes that you don't breath in in any other way than through cigarettes. I take great responsiblity in my health and my fitness and I stay away from people smoking or doing drugs or anything like that because I realise how much damage they can do to your health and I don't want to live my life knowing on a daily basis I am considerably reducing my life expectancy. That is the attitude I have always had with my life and will continue to hold.

And as for the record, no I don't drink alcohol either as I am not old enough.

My main problem with smokers is the inconsideration by many (not all) that they still smoke in public places where there are many people who don't want to breath that **** in. When I went to British GP this year, it was annoying to constantly have to hold your breath as the cancer crew lit up behind the Grand Stands in between races.

When you have that deal of inconsideration from smokers towards non-smokers, I can't not help feel a deal of immense frustration to the offending party. That's all.

I suggest you take up drink and drugs - I highly recommend them. When I was a teenager, I learnt how to have enormous amounts of fun, how to make lots of long-lasting friendships and how to be a person with who those friends actually wanted to spend time - all whilst smoking copious amounts of tobacco (and other things).

And you know what the funny thing is? I'm so totally glad I did it all. If I had the choice again, I'd make exactly the same decisions.

I think I answered that before you even typed it out. Go and read it again if you wish.

Sure, it may be boring or whatever you think, but I don't want to be involved in that ****. I can have perfect fun without ruining my life in the process. I want to get my A levels and I want to get somewhere in my life, I have ambition. Ambition to me is not looking like a twat smoking drugs.

It works for some people but it doesn't work for me and never will. Yeah, I'm really boring arn't I?

Like Adam, I smoked sh!t. I don't anymore but don't regret a second. I have even learned to love the voices inside my head.

Truth be told, no one minds anyone here making choices, good bad or indifferent.

Ben is a big raving queer and I think he's great because every time I have ripped in to him he has reacted with the self assurance of someone who doesn't give a sh1t; he doesn't bite. You bite and it's fun.

honestly ive never smoked, but lots of high school friend did and i don't mind people smoking around me. however, some people are more sensible to it and well, if there are rules like 'dont smoke here', simply respect them. ur not gon die for waiting a bit more to get a cigarette, man. as for smoking is bad for u or not, it's up to you. you're grown up, you know what you want to do, so go for it. it's legal and you're doing nothing wrong.

Oh this thread is hilarious!

And yes, it's my choice to smoke, I wont do it forever but to be honest, it's my body and I'll do what I want with it, not just that, I am extremely conscious of where I blow my smoke. And quite frankly if theres a designated smoking area, why the **** would a non-smoker be in there anyway if they hated it that much!?

Oh and the police at the security gates were smoking shisha today, under the tent with the security barriers, which I found highly amusing!

I must get round to posting some pics of the weekend like I said I would, i think I'll do it on Monday!!!