Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Just give me single malt scotch any time. Preferably McClelland's. After a few I don't CARE if ANYONE is smoking around me. And please, stop this nonsense with a "second hand smoke." As scientifically accurate as anthropogenic global warming - shoddy science to support somebody's agenda.

Sure, it may be boring or whatever you think, but I don't want to be involved in that ****. I can have perfect fun without ruining my life in the process. I want to get my A levels and I want to get somewhere in my life, I have ambition. Ambition to me is not looking like a twat smoking drugs.

There are those predudical opinions again. First - I looked really cool smoking - but more importantly - I got 4 A levels - at a regular college, not a private school, went to University and now hold a BA degree in Architecture (not an easy course - 70% failure/drop out rate) - all whilst enjoying pubs, clubs, drink and drugs AND working part time to fund my studies, rent and 'fun stuff'.

I'm sorry I happen not to fit the 'ruined his life' stereotype that you'd like me to, but the real world doesn't work like Eastenders.

If you study facts rather than 'just say no' campaigns - you'd find that many successful people have smoked pot and dabbled in various narcotics. Obama, Clinton, Churchill, Bill Gates, Branson - the list goes on and on and on. It's not just musicians and authors either - although much of the greatest art and music in the world depended heavily on pot/LSD/coke etc.

You make your choices - that's fine - and I jest when I say you should take up any kind of narcotic - but don't pretend that making judgements on other people for their choices (like those above) is anything but ignorant. You're commenting on something you know nothing about - and doing so extremely vehemently. For which I will gladly take you to task.

As long as people keep blindly holding such jaundiced views of drugs, we'll never have a proper objective debate about them in the UK and, as a result, they'll never be any (badly needed) sensible drug-related legislation. It's all shrill scare-mongering - it get's us nowhere.

PS - Shrooms are great too :)

Oh this thread is hilarious!

see what you and your fags started :lol:

Just saw this too - an article I came across in my morning read of the papers...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/nov/01/david-nutt-gordon-brown-drugs

This is not the first time either. The Gov constantly ignores advice from their own 'independent' drug advisory panel. A group of scientists, police and other proffesionals who write papers advising the gov what stance to take on drug legislation. Time and again they publish papers that say the gov needs to change their policies towards soft drugs like pot and rethink their stance on alcohol, and time and time again the gov simply ignores this professional advice because they want the vote of the silly, uneducated people who hold unresearched beliefs alike to JHS's.

This time the gov has sacked the cheif advisor and the rest of the panel are threatening to quit too.

This is precisely what I was talking about. There will never be any sensible drug legislation in the UK until people get over their unfounded, predudicial opinions. Until that happens, everyone will keep listening to the likes of ASH or Mary Whitehouse and the government will continue to make increasingly draconian and unrealistic legislation.

Excuse me. Is this the smoking or non-smoking thread for the Abu Dhabi GP?

:clap3:

It should have been a poll!!

And, people please! Can't you wait for one more day?

We have the Grand Prix to discuss (especially here)!

The f****ng OFF SEASON starts officially tomorrow and we 'll run out of subjects very soon...:unsure:

:clap3:

It should have been a poll!!

And, people please! Can't you wait for one more day?

We have the Grand Prix to discuss (especially here)!

The f****ng OFF SEASON starts officially tomorrow and we 'll run out of subjects very soon...:unsure:

:lol: very true!

GP in a cuple of hours!

So this self-important, pompous a##hole of a president is visiting this mental institution. As he goes about meeting its inmates, he suddenly feels the urge to smoke. So he whips out his....cigarette & lighter. The next moment, one inmate slaps him & snatches away the ciggie & lighter. He crushes the ciggie, sprinkles the powder all over his hair & lights up his head. Looking at the prez, he drops down his pant & undies , & asks, "Do you want to smoke a hookah?"

congrats Redbull......

Vettel calls his car Kate's dirty sister......

Kate's dirty sister does it again!!! :thbup:

congrats Koba.... :clap3:

Are you counting General Studies?

nope - if you want to know - maths, physics, history and *ahem* art - A, A, B, B - stick that in your bong and chug it :P

EDIT - (before the days of A stars when A levels where actually hard)

EDIT EDIT my friend and I had Maths as our last exam and when we had both finished went straight down the pub and got completely rat-arsed. Found myself in some completely random house the next morning. Didn't recognise any of the people there. Got paranoid and went outside only to find myself in a completely different town to the one I'd started in (about 10 miles away) - went back inside where a few other people seemed to remember as little as me. One of them said she'd give me the lift back to Leamington that we'd arranged (can't remember asking her, but it must have happened). To this day, I still don't know how I got there or why I had a collection of very random items in my pockets - including my friend's mobile phone battery, a ripped out newspaper article about some local bloke seeing a fox in his garden, a packet of wine gums and a cinema ticket stub.

Ahhh - those were the days.

Just checking. I hate people who count General Studies :-)

Do they have A*s for A-level now then? I thought those were only for GCSEs?

Just checking. I hate people who count General Studies :-)

Do they have A*s for A-level now then? I thought those were only for GCSEs?

I have no idea ;)