Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Winter Testing 2010 Season

Do anybody knows when are the testing starting? is there any calendar available yet? if so please post the link here.

I don't know if they are going to start this year and if those drivers heading to another team are going to be testing with the old team in case they do until the end of the year.

I need someone who knows about all this to post what they know about this.

MW from Mclaren sadi something interesting, he said he doesn't understand why Ferrari said they are no developing the car anymore because they are actually developing next year car with this year, because of the testing ban and the similarity in the rules it doesn't make sense to stop developing a car that's going to be pretty much similar to next year's.

If so I think Mclaren will have the upper hand over Ferrari in 2010.

MW from Mclaren sadi something interesting, he said he doesn't understand why Ferrari said they are no developing the car anymore because they are actually developing next year car with this year, because of the testing ban and the similarity in the rules it doesn't make sense to stop developing a car that's going to be pretty much similar to next year's.

I think Martin Whitmarsh is right. Aerodinamically cars will be identical, only KERS, low fuel qualifying and ban on in-race refuelling will change next year. Ferrari and Renault are working long ago on next year's car like BMW did last year and look what they achieved this season.

"None of us is satisfied with this situation, but it is already a success fighting for the third place thbdn.gif in the WCC's after months without developing the car. We have a car designed with a scheme that could not be competitive next year. And that's why we made the decision to stop its evolution. As always, time will tell if we were right to do so."

I think Domenicali is wrong (again). There's something dodgy in Ferrari since the Schumacher Team left them and I wish they were right this time but I can't see it.

If so I think Mclaren will have the upper hand over Ferrari in 2010.

I think McLaren, Red Bull (+ Toro Rosso) and Brawn could easily have a winner car next year again.

As far as I know there is a young driver test in November, and the testing of next year's cars doesn't start until February. However, I may be completely wrong :P

As far as I know there is a young driver test in November, and the testing of next year's cars doesn't start until February. However, I may be completely wrong :P

Usually they start testing with the old car until the new one is ready but if you are right these coming months are going to be endless.

I also heard February mentioned which, if true, seems all wrong given the amount of money spent by the teams to develop a new car every year.

...I can't wait for the real testing with the new cars and all that fun stuff. SPEED's showing BTCC and DTM this winter, so I'll have that. Well, maybe. They said they were going to, but it looks to me like they will be showing nothing but redneck reality TV instead.

That would be great if SPEED provides even the edited versions of the British and German series. I purposely don't follow either during the season in hopes of surviving the winter on the (much) delayed broadcast of either or both. Within a couple of weeks it's really going to hit home that virtually all racing - at least those series north of the equator - is done and over with.

You won't see much winter testing. In Alonso words (more or less): "I am itching to try something, anything on the new car. At least work on the seats and ear plugs" so unless you are eager to watch drivers work on their earplugs, I guess there isn't too much to do until February.

Soooo...the other day, while smoking in a nursery, I it ocurred to me that golbal warming was just a plot made up by religious people to overthrow Obama. What do you guys think?

So I take it we will have 2 weeks of testing before the year is out, and then from mid Jan onwards we will have the new car launches and testing of said new cars!

I must say though, I HATE the idea of banning of refueling, I think it's a disastrous move and the races will become even more of a procession!

I must say though, I HATE the idea of banning of refueling, I think it's a disastrous move and the races will become even more of a procession!

+1

+1

Well, I was stating the obvious! Anyone who disagrees with me on that is a ****ing moron!

That would be great if SPEED provides even the edited versions of the British and German series. I purposely don't follow either during the season in hopes of surviving the winter on the (much) delayed broadcast of either or both. Within a couple of weeks it's really going to hit home that virtually all racing - at least those series north of the equator - is done and over with.

They had planned to show the full ones. I think it was scheduled for December 5. Not sure which round of DTM, but I do recall the BTCC race was from Brands, which was a fantastic event. I remember when they used to show A1GP and V8 Supercars in the winter. Fun times. Touring cars make me wonder how I ever tolerate NASCAR. It's so dull compared to the closer-to-stock racers on real racing circuits with professional drivers.

Soooo...the other day, while smoking in a nursery, I it ocurred to me that golbal warming was just a plot made up by religious people to overthrow Obama. What do you guys think?

:lol: Honestly, if all the members didn't leave during the winter, it'd be my favorite part of the season. People get so bored they actually read my posts.

Well, I was stating the obvious! Anyone who disagrees with me on that is a ****ing moron!

BUT YOU'RE A SMOKER SO YOUR OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING!!!! (I'm kidding, hence the caps lock).

BUT YOU'RE A SMOKER SO YOUR OPINIONS MEAN NOTHING!!!! (I'm kidding, hence the caps lock).

Sh#t happens...

No KERS thbup.gif

No refuelling thbup.gif

No race-fuel qualifying thbup.gif

... Bring back some more testing and we'd be close to perfection. smile.gif

No refuelling or race-fuel quali :thbup: ???

Should be no refuelling or race-fuel quali :thbdn: ! They add to the strategy & plan of races, if they're not inforced next season, it'll be equal cars! I know that sounds odd but heavier cars tend to do better than lighter cars so in a way, the 2009 quali-race fuel system is pretty equal!

No refuelling would be fun if they gave the teams their balls back and let them play with the engines. Go for power, or go for efficiency and lightness? Fun times would be had by all. Why John Todd runs the damn thing and I don't is beyond my understanding.

Soooo...the other day, while tripping my tits off on the motorway, it ocurred to me that meth is just a wonderful thing made by lepricauns to embellish my mother. What do you guys think?

easy partner - slow down.

I've said it before - I'll say it again.

No refuelling = more races finishing as they started.

Less strategy. Less overtaking. Boring boring boring.

First Ferrari test for Alonso in FebruarySource

Fernando Alonso declared to the official Formula One website that he will not drive a Ferrari car until February and this due to the restricted testing regulations. At the end of the season, Alonso will move from Renault to Ferrari where he will team up with Felipe Massa.

When asked by formula1.com how much he would contribute in the development of the 2010 car, Alonso said: "Not a lot, as we are only drivers and not engineers. That doesn't give me a lot of chances to give any input up until February 2010, when I'll get to drive the car for the first time.

"Up until that point, I will try to understand how the team works and prepare for the winter testing as well as I can."

Save this post those of you who say that Alonso is good developing cars :naughty: but the important thing here is the part in blue, it looks like we are going to enjoy many test and probably there's not going to be any test until February.

laugh.gif A very clear indication that the season has suddenly ended. We may need more of "Quiet One's" absurd & incongruous thoughts if we're going to survive the next 4+ months.

:lol: