Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Winter Testing 2010 Season

Geez, you people are still reading too much into this.

All you can say being utterly objective is:

OMG ALONSO IS THE BEST HE BEAT SCHUMI AND LEWIS AND MASSA AND BUTTON AND YEAH HE DRIVES A FERRARI BUT I DONT CARE!!!

:P

Oh, and the Renaults look like a glimpse on Plato's "ideal" Formula 1 car

:lol:

That was one of yesterday's Marca's headlines: ''EL F10 DE ALONSO ES UN COCHAZO. MASSA VAPULEA A SCHUMI Y MCLAREN.''

:lol: I passed by a newspaper shop and had to stop to read it twice

Ahhhhh...so he finally admits he can't set up a car, apart from adjust the seat and wing mirrors. Always knew he was a Nancy.

:lol:

Totally not worried about Jens being .7 off the pace. Its testing. They're trying different components, set ups. I'll worry on race day if it happens.

He was .7 ahead of every1 in Valencia last year @ went on to become WDC!

Ahhhhh...so he finally admits he can't set up a car, apart from adjust the seat and wing mirrors. Always knew he was a Nancy.

He admits Massa can set up a car properly which is a good thing but I can't think of Button saying such a thing about Hamilton TBH. I suppose Massa is still driving a Ferrari for some good reason. The Brazilian is not the driver I sneered at when in Sauber. He's learnt and improved more than any other driver in the last few years and that's what life is all about. Learning is easy when you are young but some can keep learning when they get older.

Alonso and Massa will have a very productive relationship for Ferrari, they will push each other to the limit and beyond and eventually the strongest should prevail. prayhands.gif

biggrin.gif

He admits Massa can set up a car properly which is a good thing but I can't think of Button saying such a thing about Hamilton TBH. I suppose Massa is still driving a Ferrari for some good reason. The Brazilian is not the driver I sneered at when in Sauber. He's learnt and improved more than any other driver in the last few years and that's what life is all about. Learning is easy when you are young but some can keep learning when they get older.

Massa is a Sh#t driver when he is Schumacher's teammate, now that he is alongside Alonso, he is suddenly great.

Massa is still overrated, much like he has been since mid 2006. He's not a bad driver, but he isn't as good as people started making out either.

Do we know who tests at Silverstone today and tomorrow? I noticed f1today.nl have space for times from it.

Massa is what he is, people like Alonso and Kimi have been overrated by being called the two torch bearers of this generation - there are at least 5 others on the grid as good as them.

That was ahead, noy behind though! :P

Massa is still overrated, much like he has been since mid 2006. He's not a bad driver, but he isn't as good as people started making out either.

Do we know who tests at Silverstone today and tomorrow? I noticed f1today.nl have space for times from it.

Virgin are testing tomorrow and Friday at Silverstone. As for the Massa comment, coming 1 point away from the championship in 2008 and for my eyes, solidly out performing Hamilton the entire way through the year, he's no more overated than some drivers *cough* Kubica *cough*.

Yeah but that was then. Different team. The brawn's had given up on their 2008 car a month after start of the season and were working on the new one. New team, different set of rules. I'd like to say sandbagging but wont as its testing!

If on free practice on a race weekend or the race itself he's still .7 or more down, then I'll worry lol.

That was ahead, noy behind though! :P

Virgin are testing tomorrow and Friday at Silverstone. As for the Massa comment, coming 1 point away from the championship in 2008 and for my eyes, solidly out performing Hamilton the entire way through the year, he's no more overated than some drivers *cough* Kubica *cough*.

Damn. I wanted to go, if public access. Does anyone have a list of testing sessions available open to the public?

The no tire changes 2005 season didn't change anything, but make the races more boring with less passing.

And Schumacher isn't a banzai driver (, nor Alonso nor Massa nor Hamilton). He won his first victories in the no refueling era by preserving his tires.

The top driver will simply adapt, and I don't consider Button a quite top driver.

Damn. I wanted to go, if public access. Does anyone have a list of testing sessions available open to the public?

The next three winter tests should be open to the public.

Im not 90% sure about Jerez but im sure Barcelona will be open.

as for the strait line tests throughout the year, they are closed to the public.

Other than that, you will have to wait until the young driver tests in December.

Massa is a Sh#t driver when he is Schumacher's teammate, now that he is alongside Alonso, he is suddenly great.

Massa is a much better driver now. He's not great but he's not a Sh#t driver either.

He has strenghts and weaknesses: very strong in some tracks, very good qualifyer, not very good race craft, not very good under variable coditions... After 2008 he's confident he's able to fight for the Championship.

Massa is what he is, people like Alonso and Kimi have been overrated by being called the two torch bearers of this generation - there are at least 5 others on the grid as good as them.

Just tell me five others better than Massa today.

If on free practice on a race weekend or the race itself he's still .7 or more down, then I'll worry lol.

He had a problem with the seat and some details because apparently it was adjusted for Lewis. It took him half the test to change it to his likes.

So first test session is behind us.

My thoughts and predictions so far :

- Button will probably get manhandled by Hamilton in the same car. I can smell that one coming :)

-I would be really really pleased if Sauber team did good this season. Their pace so far is impressive, but as we know this year testing times are far less performance-indicating than the years before. I'd like them to win some races (it may be very hard even if the car is competitive given their driver lineup) just as a punishment BMW for withdrawing and their stupid long term plans.

-I'm really disappointed to see Nick Heidfeld as a reserve driver, he deservers much more than that. :(

-Schumacher seems to be on the pace. It's bad news for Nico Rosberg. Guy(or a girl) is yet another one who thinks he can beat Schumacher in the same car, the reality will be very disappoing for him(her). I expect Schumacher to have about twice as much points as Rosberg at the final scoreboard.

-Renault R30 car sure looks good. It expect it to be more competitive than last years R29. There are some bad news for this team though - their driver pairing. They signed Russian and Pole which means World Champion and runner-up in drinking. That's enough to turn the whole team into a bunch of alcoholics in few months...

-As far as I know Nakajima is out !! YE

-I'm pretty sure that Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren will be competitive so if Red Bull is also, we may have 4 way battle for the title instead of regular 2 and that's what I'm most excited about this year.

I'd expect Button can pick whatever set up better suits him. It's too early to be worried but I don't think Button can be .7 s off the pace. He probably needs more testing than Hamilton at this stage but something went wrong today, whatever it was

It's slightly inconceivable that they need to work until 1 a.m. the previous night and most of the following morning to get the seat height right. That data should have all been dialled in by now. I think Lewis has probably got the car set up like a Star Wars prop or something and JB decided to simplify the control environment. He hates a busy c#ckpit - he likes to keep it simple. Even if I'm right, it should have all been on line. Is it just simply a case of a new car that's had massive input from just one driver and needs to be far more flexible? I rather think the MP-25 is something of a disappointment to both drivers. Lewis put on the corporate face after wringing the neck of it. Jenson decided to get it right the basics right before he passes an opinion.

I'd expect Button can pick whatever set up better suits him. It's too early to be worried but I don't think Button can be .7 s off the pace. He probably needs more testing than Hamilton at this stage but something went wrong today, whatever it was

It's slightly inconceivable that they need to work until 1 a.m. the previous night and most of the following morning to get the seat height right. That data should have all been dialled in by now. I think Lewis has probably got the car set up like a Star Wars prop or something and JB decided to simplify the control environment. He hates a busy c#ckpit - he likes to keep it simple. Even if I'm right, it should have all been on line. Is it just simply a case of a new car that's had massive input from just one driver and needs to be far more flexible? I rather think the MP-25 is something of a disappointment to both drivers. Lewis put on the corporate face after wringing the neck of it. Jenson decided to get it right the basics right before he passes an opinion.

You know what. It makes big news if its .7 off and Jens is the slower driver. I bet nobody but us would say a word if he was .7 up on Lewis. Thats what annoys me 'Oh Lewis will murder Jenson, he'll take him to the cleaners' what the f*ck is that about. Do we have psychics on this forum now?

It just f*cking stresses me out that some of the more closed minded twats using this forum get away with it. Well. I've no problem with Lewis. I like him. But please. Do the worshipping in private, stupid f*cking fanboys. Makes me sick.

Its perfectly normal for the crews to be there at one in the morning without any major problems at this time of year.

For starters, its a new car and the mechanics are not "at one" with thier car yet. But if you have to do a seat alteration, it can easily take until late at night.

After the session is over, the mechanics must first strip and clean most of the car, this can involve changing the brakes, possibly changing the engine and gearbox (or at least the gear ratios) then setting up the car for the second driver, changing the pedals changing the belts and then they do the setup of the car for the morning.

Only when all this is done can they put the seat in and check that the driver is comfortable. As this would have been the first time Jenson sat in the completed race car, its nothing new that maybe the seat is touching in places and would require adjustment.

You know what. It makes big news if its .7 off and Jens is the slower driver. I bet nobody but us would say a word if he was .7 up on Lewis. Thats what annoys me 'Oh Lewis will murder Jenson, he'll take him to the cleaners' what the f*ck is that about. Do we have psychics on this forum now?

It just f*cking stresses me out that some of the more closed minded twats using this forum get away with it. Well. I've no problem with Lewis. I like him. But please. Do the worshipping in private, stupid f*cking fanboys. Makes me sick.

Thanks, that made me laugh.

I think at this stage, we're all allowed to theorize. Some are convinced that his seven tenths are a genuinely indicative of his relative pace. Others are not so convinced. Reading between the lines and looking deep into the true meaning of your post, I believe you to be in the latter camp. Call me perceptive, it's a gift.

Brawn's pace in testing last season was the first for a while that transposed into true race pace. Deciding on anything at the moment is fruitless. But hey-ho, we say this every year and every year we get the same.

Fly on a wall and all that.

:blink: I don't see anyone recently from this forum saying things like that about Lewis and Button, its the press and some retired drivers who have been saying that, the fight has, is and will always be between, ALONSO, SCHUMI AND LEWIS fans....:D

From what I can understand, I think only one driver is disappointed for now, not because of the raw pace, but getting used to it, setting up..did you read that Jenson had to sit in a taller position? There have been times when Jenson was not happy with the car while his team mate was doing much better. I wouln't jump into conclusion.....Anyways, compared to Ferrari, it just looks like they lack raw pace, who knows what the Redbulls are upto!

Thanks, that made me laugh.

I think at this stage, we're all allowed to theorize. Some are convinced that his seven tenths are a genuinely indicative of his relative pace. Others are not so convinced. Reading between the lines and looking deep into the true meaning of your post, I believe you to be in the latter camp. Call me perceptive, it's a gift.

Brawn's pace in testing last season was the first for a while that transposed into true race pace. Deciding on anything at the moment is fruitless. But hey-ho, we say this every year and every year we get the same.

Fly on a wall and all that.

Yeah. But I'm not in a camp. I'm just saying testing is testing. I can't draw conclusions from it. It is not true race pace, especially when the season hasn't started.

Its good to speculate yeah. But stupid arsed comments such as 'Lewis will floor Jens OMG I LOVE LEWIS' annoy the sh*t out of me. Get a grip, already.

Only when all this is done can they put the seat in and check that the driver is comfortable. As this would have been the first time Jenson sat in the completed race car, its nothing new that maybe the seat is touching in places and would require adjustment.

Ferrari did it with FM/FA in no time, Sauber did it with PDLR/KK in no time, Renault, Toro Rosso... I can't see a good reason why it took McLaren half a test day to give a driveable car to Button. I hope it was not because they thought Button would drive a car tailored for/by Hamilton. I quite believe what Insider said about that.

blink.gif I don't see anyone recently from this forum saying things like that about Lewis and Button, its the press and some retired drivers who have been saying that, the fight has, is and will always be between, ALONSO, SCHUMI AND LEWIS fans....biggrin.gif

Actually Alonso fans are in another tier. yes.gif

Anyways, compared to Ferrari, it just looks like they lack raw pace, who knows what the Redbulls are upto!

i) Who knows what the Redbulls are upto

ii) Who knows what any other team are upto for Baharain

Yeah. But I'm not in a camp. I'm just saying testing is testing. I can't draw conclusions from it. It is not true race pace, especially when the season hasn't started.

A much heavier car could suit Button next year. Let's see.

It's testing; yes there will be some differences in laptimes, 0.7 is hardly a different planet considering Button is just starting out at Macca. I can't believe it's already being spotlighted so much based on such a small difference. Hamilton has a large advantage because he supposedly helped develop the car, give Button time to recover ground before starting the equality drivel (at least until the first race).

Ferrari did it with FM/FA in no time, Sauber did it with PDLR/KK in no time, Renault, Toro Rosso... I can't see a good reason why it took McLaren half a test day to give a driveable car to Button. I hope it was not because they thought Button would drive a car tailored for/by Hamilton. I quite believe what Insider said about that.

Actually Alonso fans are in another tier. yes.gif

i) Who knows what the Redbulls are upto

ii) Who knows what any other team are upto for Baharain

A much heavier car could suit Button next year. Let's see.

Sorry, i should have been clearer.

I meant that the crews being in the garage until the early hours is not unusual.

as for the long time in the garage, i would imagine that this was another problem with the car.

When the driver sits in the car to see if he is happy the night before, he usually stays until he is 100% sure.

Thats not to say that it wasnt the seat on his first test day, but it took the macca guys a long time to sort it out and that would surprise me.