Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

Winter Testing 2010 Season

laugh.gif A very clear indication that the season has suddenly ended. We may need more of "Quiet One's" absurd & incongruous thoughts if we're going to survive the next 4+ months.

Oh, don't worry. We might not be the brightest, nor the busiest, nor the most interesting forum around, but when it comes to blabber and incoherences you won't find a better place in town :tiphat:

Some of the off seasons here have been a lot more fun than the actual season.

scouring FOTA's website I found this gem. a tendering process for catering at testing.

http://www.teamsassociation.org/tender/2009-09-23/catering-f1-teams-tests-2010

As you can see, the first test for next year will be feb 1 2010. For those not Europeans the dates are in day-month not month-day.

Until then no testing what so ever. I wonder though if teams will try and use the exception Ferrari used for Masa and Schumi. Run an old car with new bits on GP2 tires. I don't see how much that would bring but it could just be used to see a real world comparison between parts in general.

scouring FOTA's website I found this gem. a tendering process for catering at testing.

http://www.teamsassociation.org/tender/2009-09-23/catering-f1-teams-tests-2010

As you can see, the first test for next year will be feb 1 2010. For those not Europeans the dates are in day-month not month-day.

Until then no testing what so ever. I wonder though if teams will try and use the exception Ferrari used for Masa and Schumi. Run an old car with new bits on GP2 tires. I don't see how much that would bring but it could just be used to see a real world comparison between parts in general.

Good news are, by February teams would have developed the most advanced seats and ear plugs ever.

I like testing. There should be more of it. More innovation, too. Give teams a reason to test. Blah, blah, blah I sound like DOF. You're going to wish I had stayed dead by the end of winter. ;)

Today testing is done through simulators and computers. I'd love to watch those testings, all the drivers and cars on a track like they normaly do in February but each one driving his super F1 simulator.

Good news are, by February teams would have developed the most advanced seats and ear plugs ever.

laugh.gif

Alonso is going to work on those things and he said he will work on the helmet to have all the small things ready when he could really work on the real car.

Winter testing is just a few days ahead but so far I don't know who's going to be in the first test and who are going to be there with their new car, many teams will launch their car after o during the fisrt like Virgin who is unvailing on February the 3rd, so if any one of you knows about this please let me know. So far it looks like Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams will be there with the new car, for the rest I am not sure even if they are going to be there.

Winter testing is just a few days ahead but so far I don't know who's going to be in the first test and who are going to be there with their new car, many teams will launch their car after o during the fisrt like Virgin who is unvailing on February the 3rd, so if any one of you knows about this please let me know. So far it looks like Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams will be there with the new car, for the rest I am not sure even if they are going to be there.

Mercedes GP will be there with the new car and I hop Renault too. Sauber and STR maybe.

There is next to no winter testing this year. Between the last race and the end of 2009 only young driver testing can take place, and then there are 4 tests as scheduled below before the start of the new season.

February 1 - 3, Valencia

February 10 - 13, Jerez

February 17 - 20, Jerez

February 25 - 28, Barcelona

Hope that help you young 'uns. Clearly, Virgin and some others won't be at Valencia.

Mercedes GP will be there with the new car and I hop Renault too. Sauber and STR maybe.

so you think they will be there with their new cars even when they have not launch them yet? wouldn't that be like an unofficial launch?

There is next to no winter testing this year. Between the last race and the end of 2009 only young driver testing can take place, and then there are 4 tests as scheduled below before the start of the new season.

February 1 - 3, Valencia

February 10 - 13, Jerez

February 17 - 20, Jerez

February 25 - 28, Barcelona

Hope that help you young 'uns. Clearly, Virgin and some others won't be at Valencia.

But those are tests and are going to have place in winter, isn't that what we call winter testing? I don't like this new format of testing it was a lot better the way it was before.

so you think they will be there with their new cars even when they have not launch them yet? wouldn't that be like an unofficial launch?

2010 F1 LAUNCHES

Mercedes Feb 1

Red Bull Feb 10

McLaren Jan 29

Ferrari Jan 28

Sauber Jan 31

Williams Feb 1

Renault Jan 31

Force India ???

Toro Rosso Feb 1

Lotus Feb 12

Campos ???

US F1 ???

Virgin Feb 3

Mercedes will be there no doubt. I hope Renault too and maybe Sauber and STR.

As I've heard, these are the people who'll be at Valencia:

Ferrari

McLaren

Mercedes

Sauber

Renault

Williams

Toro Rosso

That's a good mix to start things off, some pretty big teams starting right from the off. I think it'll be very interesting to see who comes out top...

2010 F1 LAUNCHES

Mercedes Feb 1

Red Bull Feb 10

McLaren Jan 29

Ferrari Jan 28

Sauber Jan 31

Williams Feb 1

Renault Jan 31

Force India ???

Toro Rosso Feb 1

Lotus Feb 12

Campos ???

US F1 ???

Virgin Feb 3

Mercedes will be there no doubt. I hope Renault too and maybe Sauber and STR.

So they will launch their cars on the first test day and sauber and Renault will do it tomorrow as I can see here and I think they all will be at the test but some other teams like may be there with the old car.

Thanks for this launch dates.

As I've heard, these are the people who'll be at Valencia:

Ferrari

McLaren

Mercedes

Sauber

Renault

Williams

Toro Rosso

That's a good mix to start things off, some pretty big teams starting right from the off. I think it'll be very interesting to see who comes out top...

Yes it is a good mix but I was hoping for more teams.

Massa Leads, and he is closley followed by Mclaren, and that is being driven by Puppet....

If only the redbulls show up, we can see which is the top team.....I know everyone will say WINTER TESTING TIME MEANS NOTHING....but last season, we saw that the teams which did well during winter did well in OZ.

http://www.manipef1.com/news/articles/10521/

Mental diffuser on the Macca

macdiffuser.jpg

What abut the rest of them? I would like to see what they came up with specially Ferrari who were the fisrt to complain about it.

Massa Leads, and he is closley followed by Mclaren, and that is being driven by Puppet....

If only the redbulls show up, we can see which is the top team.....I know everyone will say WINTER TESTING TIME MEANS NOTHING....but last season, we saw that the teams which did well during winter did well in OZ.

http://www.manipef1.com/news/articles/10521/

Yes, last year Brown was faster in all winter tests they took part in and they were the fastest for half of the season.

Day 1 results:

1 F.Massa Ferrari 1:12.574

2 P.De la Rosa Sauber 1:12.784

3 M.Schumacher Mercedes 1:12.947

4 N.Rosberg Mercedes 1:13.543

5 G.Paffett McLaren 1:13.846

6 R.Barrichello Williams 1.14.449

7 S.Buemi Toro Rosso 1:14.762

8 R.Kubica Renault 1:15.000

I agree, although you can never tell what the teams are doing at this early stage. I believe Ferrari topped the first test of last year too, but we all know how that ended....