Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

2010 Prediction Thread

[quote name='Persevere' date='29 December 2009 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1262085657' post='306649']
Interesting take, Eric. As the 2009 season wound down it was obvious that all but one of the top teams would experience some significant change/changes in the off-season; the exception being Red Bull. With severe limitations in place for testing there has to be a good deal of weight placed on personnel continuity, and having the same drivers in place following a very successful year should mean a lot come March 2010. It's not beyond the pale to imagine young Mr. Vettel taking home the marbles next year.
[/quote]

As does [url="http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80696"]Bernie Ecclestone.[/url]

shock2.gif Finding myself in agreement with Eric was curious but quite positive. Finding myself in agreement with dear old Bernie makes me want to stand under a hot shower for 30 minutes... assuming that would be long enough.

shock2.gif Finding myself in agreement with Eric was curious but quite positive. Finding myself in agreement with dear old Bernie makes me want to stand under a hot shower for 30 minutes... assuming that would be long enough.

I think it's a rare occurance for anybody! ;):P

As much as I dislike the poisoned dwarf, I have to say, you'd be foolish to bet against him, wouldn't you? Really though I think it is way to early. Who knows, Red Bull might build a dog of a car for 2010. I hope not, but it's always a possibility.

I think it's a rare occurance for anybody! ;):P

As much as I dislike the poisoned dwarf, I have to say, you'd be foolish to bet against him, wouldn't you? Really though I think it is way to early. Who knows, Red Bull might build a dog of a car for 2010. I hope not, but it's always a possibility.

That's no way to talk about Eric.

That's no way to talk about Eric.

:clap3:

Be careful: Eric knows where you live.

(Thank goodness Eric puts up with our nonsense.)

I see the 2010 WDC as a scrap between Hamilton and Button. The MP-25 data from the wind tunnel is awesome, I hear. I can see them swopping poles all year. RBR are way behind on development and will get a slow start. Also, the Renault lump hasn't the legs of the Merc power plants. You're not going see Ferrari make much of a resurgence until 2011 when Alonso is more firmly embedded in the car and Massa has made way for Vettel or Kubica. Though Mercedes will certainly be competitive, I don't believe they will be the Kings of the Hill this year. Brawn GP really struggled once everyone had fitted a double diffuser in 2009 and money will still be tight there. I've heard they have lost some good people to McLaren and Lotus which won't help. Though I like the guy immensely, there are other factors that make me feel that Jenson may realise back-to-back WDCs. You can't design a car to suit a driving style. You can adjust one, for sure but the key to winning without refuelling will always be about tyre conservancy. Mr Button is unsurpassed in the art and I'll give him the edge over Lewis because of it.

I originally chose Vettel to win on 1st November. You just copied me. :(

damnit...

okay - guilty as charged

I find it funny McLaren are constantly blowing their own trumpet (or something else) by saying "OMG, Look at our wind tunnel figures! We're so clever!" when everybody else has their heads down and are working flat out, not producing BS! McLaren have already compromised themselves in one way, because I heard recently (I'm sceptical as to whether this is true or not, although many respected journos are saying it is) that a McLaren worker was posting on another F1 forum about how McLaren had found a 'secret' (well, not anymore) area called the dead-zone of the diffuser which helps to give more downforce. Hmmm, let's see how many teams turn up with that at Bahrain now, shall we? :rolleyes:

I mean, I don't like McLaren at all, and I like to kick them when they are down, but to me, that doesn't sound the best way to start a new year by giving out secrets and obvious hints like "OMG, our wind tunnel figures!!!111". Why don't they shoot themselves through both feet whilst they are at it? :P

Bah, even the new teams (who have the most work to get done) like US F1 and Virgin have been running their mouths about their technology and their prospects for 2010. It's a sport of egos and to say that because one member of the team has the time to talk to the press doesn't mean McLaren are just sitting around. They're all doing work, and they're all talking about something.

The McLaren MP4-24 of Lewis Hamilton was the quickest car by the end of 2009. The best overall? It had a few problems, but on outright pace, it had them all beaten. I think the MP4-25 will be a very good car.

At the moment i am only going to make one prediction, and that is the lotus will be the best of the new teams :D

With Heikki & Trulli onboard, I don't think so! Either Sauber or Stefan GP (if they race) to be best n00bies!

With Heikki & Trulli onboard, I don't think so! Either Sauber or Stefan GP (if they race) to be best n00bies!

Ok this is probably more likely, Lotus will be the best new car.

Stefan? Oh please....:rolleyes: If you think Heikki and Jarno are bad, I really can't see how Nakajima and Milos Pavlovic could be any better! :P

I think the best new teams will be (by a distance) Lotus and Virgin.

Stefan? Oh please....:rolleyes: If you think Heikki and Jarno are bad, I really can't see how Nakajima and Milos Pavlovic could be any better! :P

I think the best new teams will be (by a distance) Lotus and Virgin.

Forgot about Naka & who the f**k is Pavelowich??

Serbian F2 driver, will doubtlessly get a drive due to nationality!

Then how come Chandjok or Crashikeyan aren't racing for FIF1??

Because it's a different team. Stefan have actually said in the past they'd like to give a Serbian driver a chance...

Fireworks between Schumi and Britney...

I am cheering for Britney......cheerleader team led by Andres..

Moi? No way! I hate Schuey but at least I respect him. Britney, on the other side...

No, Nando needs Schuey, just like Superman needs Lex Luthor. On the other hand, and admirable battlefield is being put into place. For one side it's FA vs LH vs MS. On the other, it's FA vs FM, LH vs JB and MS vs NR. If there ever was a season where I wanted the car to make as little a difference as possible, it will be this one. The human side is too interesting to let cars/tires/engines performances get in the way.

2010, the year F1 resurrected as a soap opera.