Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

2010 Prediction Thread

I actually think Red Bull will be right back up there against revitalized Ferrari & McLaren. In fact, I'm going to pip Webber (yeah, that's right) to be in the thick of the title race along with Alonso, Massa, and Hamilton. Button will probably end up being what Rubens was to him in 2009... going to take a while to get up to speed at McLaren and acclimatise to the environment before really becoming a force.

When it comes to the new teams... I'm going to pick LotusF1 to come out on top. Virgin Racing's supposedly 100% CFD designed car is just too much of a gamble. Even Wirth's race winning LMP1 Acura spent about 20% of the design process in a wind tunnel. Plus, Kovalainen seems VERY sure of himself and I think Jarno is going to be reborn so to speak now that's he away from the uber-corporate defunct Toyota team. I can't really see Glock leading a team next to a fresh rookie at VR, either.

Guys, are you all joking. The best car will be Ferrari, because they have the best driver who's not afraid to give input to car development. They should be waaaayyyyyy ahead of anybody come March 1st race, because of Fernando's invalueble input. Don't kid yourselfs guys, it should be a second that Fernando will add, this time around....

So, the constructors should go to Ferrari, also the champion should be Fernando, cause he should be much better than Kimi in his 1st year as he is a better development driver...

Guys, are you all joking. The best car will be Ferrari, because they have the best driver who's not afraid to give input to car development. They should be waaaayyyyyy ahead of anybody come March 1st race, because of Fernando's invalueble input. Don't kid yourselfs guys, it should be a second that Fernando will add, this time around....

So, the constructors should go to Ferrari, also the champion should be Fernando, cause he should be much better than Kimi in his 1st year as he is a better development driver...

Somebody is all grumpy coz his favorite driver is around no more neener neener :P

I actually think Red Bull will be right back up there against revitalized Ferrari & McLaren. In fact, I'm going to pip Webber (yeah, that's right) to be in the thick of the title race along with Alonso, Massa, and Hamilton. Button will probably end up being what Rubens was to him in 2009... going to take a while to get up to speed at McLaren and acclimatise to the environment before really becoming a force...

RE: Jenson B., well stated, and I think quite probable.

... (an) admirable battlefield is being put into place. For one side it's FA vs LH vs MS. On the other, it's FA vs FM, LH vs JB and MS vs NR. If there ever was a season where I wanted the car to make as little a difference as possible, it will be this one. The human side is too interesting to let cars/tires/engines performances get in the way.

2010, the year F1 resurrected as a soap opera.

As has been posted in one manner or another, it does seem that 2009, and the peculiar way it evolved, was the perfect launching pad for what should be a particularly memorable 2010 season. At this point in the year we can at least hope that there will be some parity in equipment amongst the key players (i.e., teams) so that the drivers' performance matters all the more.

So tell me again, errrm, what exactly DID Kimi bring to the team? Apart from a load of Vodka for after race parties that is!

I see the 2010 WDC as a scrap between Hamilton and Button. The MP-25 data from the wind tunnel is awesome, I hear. I can see them swopping poles all year. RBR are way behind on development and will get a slow start. Also, the Renault lump hasn't the legs of the Merc power plants. You're not going see Ferrari make much of a resurgence until 2011 when Alonso is more firmly embedded in the car and Massa has made way for Vettel or Kubica. Though Mercedes will certainly be competitive, I don't believe they will be the Kings of the Hill this year. Brawn GP really struggled once everyone had fitted a double diffuser in 2009 and money will still be tight there. I've heard they have lost some good people to McLaren and Lotus which won't help. Though I like the guy immensely, there are other factors that make me feel that Jenson may realise back-to-back WDCs. You can't design a car to suit a driving style. You can adjust one, for sure but the key to winning without refuelling will always be about tyre conservancy. Mr Button is unsurpassed in the art and I'll give him the edge over Lewis because of it.

I mostly agree with you except for the Button winning back to back championships, I think he will be struggling to match Hamilton pace and firmly believe that Hamilton will win the WDC this year, I would even say easily if not for the no refueling unknown, so far I see Mclaren without rivals but you never know USF1 may surprise if we are going to believe their latter comments, in F1 you never know but that the way I see it, let's wait for the test to start and then lets us all start changing mind again :P

you are right and Kimi won right away with Ferrari so Alonso should be the class of the field no matter what, no excuses this time and Ferrari start working in this year's car very, very early so I would say that a second faster is a very consevative expectation for this Ferrari/Alonso combination.

So tell me again, errrm, what exactly DID Kimi bring to the team? Apart from a load of Vodka for after race parties that is!

A WDC & Choc Ice's!

My completely incorrect prediction for the WDC:

Alonso

Vettel

Hamilton

Schumacher

Button

Let's see now when will I start eating my words, when Schumi gets a neck pain, when Red Bull/Ferrari go all unreliable (and in the second case Alonso gets all whiny) or when Hammy/Button crumbles from non-existant pressure XD

Ah. Good old F1. I've had a jolly good think. Here's my predictions.

Jonathan Legard will have a multiple over Lewis Hamilton.

Anthony Hamilton will have a multiple over himself.

I will have a multiple if Jenson Button wins back to back WDC's.

Corrinna Schumacher will have many multiples with Michael's chin.

There'll be multiple race winners.

I'm trying to find another sentence with multiple in.

I know there's multiple sentences to use. But let me find more multiple predictions, and I'll get my multiple arse banned.

Every member will multiple cheer if that happens.

I'm bound to be right on one of these multiple predictions.

My head says...

Hamilton

Alonso

Button

Massa

Shoe maker

Rosberg

My heart says...

Button

Rosberg

Hamilton

Shoe maker

Alonso

Massa

Early last year I bet on Button for the WDC and Brawn for the WCC, the bet was from my heart (and rather attractive odds, all things considered!!) - but I'm not doing it again.

Yet. :lol:

I predict that, as Corinna and Nico Rosberg look strikingly similar, at least once Schumi will take Nico home for some "celebration" which, after the comprehensible awkward moment in bed, will lead to some newfound intimacy between both drivers.

I predict that, as Corinna and Nico Rosberg look strikingly similar, at least once Schumi will take Nico home for some "celebration" which, after the comprehensible awkward moment in bed, will lead to some newfound intimacy between both drivers.

Yeah. OK Andres. But who'd ya think'll be on top? :P

My head says...

Hamilton

Alonso

Button

Massa

Shoe maker

Rosberg

My heart says...

Button

Rosberg

Hamilton

Shoe maker

Alonso

Massa

Early last year I bet on Button for the WDC and Brawn for the WCC, the bet was from my heart (and rather attractive odds, all things considered!!) - but I'm not doing it again.

Yet. :lol:

I like your heart choice, only cause Alonso is down there...+10 for your prediction. Yes, even with Button placed nr1 :lol:

I like your heart choice, only cause Alonso is down there...+10 for your prediction. Yes, even with Button placed nr1 :lol:

Cheeky bugger :P one thing's for sure, it will be a great season - full of surprises.

...and the prediction that the Iceman will not be making his own ice-creams by digging snow next year, and that he'll be driving for Red Bull, is a no-brainer ;)

Ah yeah. But who gets the multiples?

Ah. Good old F1. I've had a jolly good think. Here's my predictions.

Jonathan Legard will have a multiple over Lewis Hamilton.

Anthony Hamilton will have a multiple over himself.

I will have a multiple if Jenson Button wins back to back WDC's.

Corrinna Schumacher will have many multiples with Michael's chin.

There'll be multiple race winners.

I'm trying to find another sentence with multiple in.

I know there's multiple sentences to use. But let me find more multiple predictions, and I'll get my multiple arse banned.

Every member will multiple cheer if that happens.

I'm bound to be right on one of these multiple predictions.

2 multiply by 2 equals 4 :D !