Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Toyota Leaving?

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://mainichi.jp/select/today/news/20091104k0000m020105000c.html&sl=auto&tl=en&history_state0=

Toyota: F1 to zero stress unless Japan withdrew year

November 4, 2009 Updated 2:30 minutes: November 4 2:30

Toyota Motor Corp., the world's greatest motor racing, Formula One (F1) has decided to withdraw as far as this year. Formally open the four-day meeting of the board, meeting in Tokyo to announce that President Akio Toyoda. Toyota F1 race in 02 years. 12 shows the initial plan was to continue until, by the slump in world expected a deficit of two consecutive terms, decided that the expense of more difficult.

F1 is over, and as far as the withdrawal last year, Honda will complete the withdrawal of Japanese automobile manufacturers.

F1 racing is that it will take several hundred billion yen a year in operating costs and vehicle and manufacturing costs. Toyota's new vehicle sales performance and domestic and international support measures and escaped the worst, however, and still had a huge excess capacity, 5 to 09 September will be announced on the consolidated operating loss in half prospects. Toyota in July-owned Fuji Speedway (Oyama-cho, Shizuoka Prefecture) is expressed in F1 as far as to withdraw from the conference last year, late September and was larger than the Honda and a surplus in the interim month withdraw the decision to cut F1 costs.

F1 future to protect the employment of the members of the team, and to consider the transfer of the team. Entered in the form of co-operating costs and significantly compressed, F1 is also likely to continue interacting.

Toyota this year, including two-time Grand Prix of Japan won first place in two, five ended with a manufacturer in place ranking. [Yonekawa Naomi, Hiroshi Miyajima, Suzuki Yasuhiro]

google translate, dunno how reliable is this.

I also heard this at the weekend.

thats two sources i have heard, hope its not true but i would not be surprised.

not a Toyota fan but I wish them well

wtf??? can't unserstand what it said!

here is a link Toyota leaving F1

Now seriously speaking, it's a shame if the have to leave, I wanted to see Kobayashi in action ahd he handle that Toyota very well, maybe he can go to another team and it may not be the same for him.

Now how come that brazil get the news first that us? :eusa_think:

Yeah, the official word is to come out within the week and I would prefer not to dwell on rumors... but then Kati was the one who first broke the Renault/Piquet/Singapore scandal so I have to consider her a serious source. Besides, she is so darn pretty.

I glanced at another article relative to this and the question was put to the young (and impressive) Kobayashi about his future should Toyota pull the plug. He claimed he would probably return to his job at his father's sushi restaurant. I would like to think that was a particularly poor translation of what he said, but... Regardless, I think he has a future even if the Toyota board is bored with Formula One and busy crying in their saki with the boys from Bridgestone. Ideally we would see both Toyota and Sauber on the grid in 2010 and have one of the new "weak sisters" eliminated from contention before the first shot is fired

Max is a git, but he spoke truth when he said that manufacturers are a fickle bunch, apt to swoop in and then just as quickly, swoop out again. I'm sure Bernie was mighty eager to have them and their deep pockets, but in the end they would always be fickle. Funny thing is, they may, like Renault, swoop back in again....probably paying another entrance fee. Good days for brood of Bernie.

Ah good, that means Sauber will get their rightful place. I have never liked Toyota as I always felt their interests with only ever business related, I never saw any love of the sport or passion from them.

Today is a good day!

whenever i open a thread, be.very.afraid. - now official:

Toyota Motor Corporation have announced plans to withdraw from the FIA Formula One World Championship (F1) at the end of the 2009 season.

TMC, which had viewed its participation in F1 as contributing to the prosperity of automotive culture, remained dedicated to competing at the pinnacle of motor sports, even in the face of the abrupt economic changes that started last year. However, when considering TMC's motor-sports activities next year and beyond from a comprehensive midterm viewpoint reflecting the current severe economic realities, TMC decided to withdraw from F1.

TMC leaves F1 having compiled 13 podium and 87 point finishes over eight challenging seasons since 2002 with Panasonic Toyota Racing, a full-constructor team. It views its time in F1

Yes, BBC World News gave a full 5 minutes to Toyota's withdrawal and the general state of Formula One this morning. Kati scoops us all again!

Since we can't change it and we have no say in who stays and who goes I suppose we best embrace this latest development; yeah, Sauber should be there come March of 2010 so that's the first plus. I still want to see young, talented Kobayashi on the grid rather than getting his hands wet and smelly in his father's sushi restaurant.

Yep, I saw the tears and all from the Toyota exec on TV. It's a done deal.

Of course, none of this is news... to me or anyone in this particular loop.

Ain't F1 going from better to best, year after year? What a delight. We shall be proud for it is _us_ who pay the salaries of all the goons ruling F1, yeah those that pocket untold millions and more...

ok Toyota is leaving, as far as I know they signed the Concorde Agreement and because Sauber didn't they gave tehma hard time to stay, now one of the signer just quit, can someone explain to me this Concorde agreement and the importance of it, if it can be "broken" so easily?

no, we knew 12 of 13 teams had signed it and we had expected one of newcomers not to have done it. apparently it was toyota.

http://www.f1network.net/main/s491/st150795.htm = see?

In other words, they didn't sign it and that's why they can leave F1 now?

That make sense, now that we suppose that the rest of them did sign it, are they all forced to be in F1 next year?

I will miss them as I am missing Honda and Luca Badoer...

hey, Luca Badoer did a good job, Fisichella didn't do better and he came straight from a team to drive that car, Badoer could be a race winner in a Force India comparing what he did to Fisico who managed a second at Spa, I Ferrari did a mistake replacing him so early, Fisico didn't get a single point and Badoer couldn't do worse than that, I don't know how a team like Ferrari get so influenced by the press.

I'm quite happy honestly. I don't like any of the manufacturers apart from Ferrari but Toyota always seemed an especially useless outfit. The fact that they were based in Cologne rather than Britain didn't endear them to me either. Good riddance I say.

no, we knew 12 of 13 teams had signed it and we had expected one of newcomers not to have done it. apparently it was toyota.

http://www.f1network.net/main/s491/st150795.htm = see?

Well Kati, it looks now like it wasn't them just read this:Source

FIA 'concerned' by Toyota's exit

By Matt Beer Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 16:31 GMT

The FIA has described Bridgestone and Toyota's decisions to exit Formula 1 as a 'concern' - and says it wants to clarify Toyota's legal position as it had previously committed to the sport until 2012.

Toyota, along with all the other current teams, had signed the new Concorde Agreement in the summer, binding the Japanese company to F1 for the next three seasons.

Although in theory its departure releases a place on the 2010 grid for the former BMW Sauber team - which is set to be rescued by the Qadback organisation but only had a reserve entry for next year - the FIA says it needs to know more about Toyota's situation before it can admit an alternative team.

"Urgent clarification is now being sought from the Toyota F1 team as to its legal position in relation to the championship," said an FIA statement. "This will have a direct bearing on the admission of any future 13th entry."

The statement added that Toyota's sudden decision to pull out having already signed the Concorde Agreement contrasted with Bridgestone's declaration earlier this week that it would leave F1 when its current tyre supply deal ended at the end of next year.

"The announcements this week by Toyota and Bridgestone of their withdrawal from Formula One are of concern to the FIA," said the governing body.

"Bridgestone has given almost 18 months' notice of its intentions, thereby allowing the necessary arrangements to be made for the future supply of tyres to the championship.

"Toyota's decision, however, comes just weeks after its F1 team signed the new Concorde Agreement until 2012."

Earlier this year the FIA agreed to let the teams put together their own plans for drastic cost cuts rather than imposing its previously announced budget cap scheme. It said that Toyota's withdrawal emphasised that reducing budgets remained an urgent priority - and one it had been making for some time.

"The FIA has repeatedly warned that motor sport cannot outpace the world economic crisis. That is why the competing teams have been asked to cut costs and the entry of independent teams has been encouraged.

"The FIA accepted the cost-reduction measures put forward by the teams on the basis that they would ensure a long-term commitment to the championship. Toyota's announcement demonstrates the importance of the original cost-reduction measures set out by the FIA.

"The FIA will now work to ensure that Toyota's departure is managed in the best interests of the championship and will continue to encourage the F1 teams to undertake the necessary cost-cutting measures for the good of the sport."

And Renault?..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8343221.stm

Renault will consider pulling out of Formula 1 at an emergency board meeting in Paris on Wednesday.

The French car company will decide whether to remain in the sport with its own team, switch to simply being an engine supplier or quit altogether.

The news comes on the day that Toyota announced its decision to quit F1, becoming the third car company to leave the sport in the last 11 months.

Renault is not expected to make public its decision on Wednesday.

The company does not want to distract attention from a publicity event on Thursday at which president Carlos Ghosn will promote the company's efforts at introducing zero-emission vehicles.

The emergency board meeting will be attended by Renault F1 bosses Bob Bell and Jean-Francois Caubet, but they will not be allowed to take part in the debate about the team's future.

A Renault spokeswoman was unable to comment.

Renault have had their least competitive F1 season since 2001 and finished eighth out of 10 teams in the constructors' championship after Sunday's final race of the season in Abu Dhabi.

The company came under scrutiny for the team's involvement in the Singapore 2008 race-fixing scandal, in which they decided not to contest charges that they had asked Nelson Piquet Jr to crash to aid team-mate Fernando Alonso's bid for victory.

Motorsport's governing body the FIA gave Renault a ban from F1, suspended for two years, as punishment, while team bosses Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds were forbidden from attending FIA-sanctioned events.

Last month, Renault signed the highly-rated Polish driver Robert Kubica to lead their team in 2010 as a replacement for double world champion Alonso, who has moved to Ferrari.

Gosh, this could be a really bad day for the sport.

But I don't understand if Qadbak would get in. Toyota signed the concorde agreement, right? So if they sold the team and a buyer was found, would that mean they'd still get in over Qadbak, or be there as well as?

:lol:

Funny articles, both. Let's see how my man Jean handles this. Would be glad to be rid of Renault too, and I could see why if they didn't think it was worthwhile continuing as mediocre midfield runners. Toyota will surely be in big trouble if they made a commitment to staying on until 2012. This just confirms my opinion that the teams do little but cause trouble. Max should have insisted on the cost cutting measures he proposed rather than take the teams at their word.

bernie had said he spoke w a potential buyer of renault during the brazilian gp weekend, and well they signed kubica, so it's much more likely that we see a buyout than a withdraw.

@schumikonen = yes i just read it. then well, we wont really have 13 next season, even if sauber joins. looking forward to find out who.