Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Bruno On His Debut Season

Isn't Piquet a bit old? I mean, geez, he probably can't fit into the cars anymore.

On Bruno. Well, I liked the movie just fine, but why in the hell would that qualify him to drive an F1 car?

2nd place in GP2 '08 behind an ex-F1 driver (never mind it's Pantano, he still has a full season on his CV (apart from the 4 races Glock filled in for him)) isn't too bad!

Having said that, he did f*ck all last year! Only 4 races last year for Team Oreca in LMS & Le Mans 24hr & did crap! When the team debuted their 1st own prototype @ Spa (they used Courage chassis' before & just modified them to suit de Chaugnac) & he wrecked it! Also caused issues @ Le Mans too! I guess sportscar racing isn't his cuppa!

*sigh* And my lame joke falls flat. Oh well.

:lol: I noticed it Puma...

Anyways.....Bruno has shown a lot of passion, he has always sounded determined, ofcourse name the helped him a lot, but lets see if he can survive in F1, he started the career very late I hear.

if your fast its a lot easier, look at kimi, vettel, Fernando and hamilton, if your quick you get praise not pressure.

I hate that he had to start his career so late. The only thing that keeps my hopes up about Bruno is that he's an extremely quick learner. It's incredible how he went from a completely inexperienced guy, innactive from the age of 10 to 20, to a five-time British F3 race winner in only his 2nd year in motor racing. It also catches my attention that most of his wins in F3 and GP2 have been in the wet.

I think the talent is definitely there. I just hope he can handle the tremendous pressure of the name and is able to grow quickly as a driver. He doesn't have all decade.

There was some research going on at one time that was trying to determine if being a good racing driver is an inherited trait. From what I remember, the hypothesis was that good racing drivers could process images faster than the rest of us. The driver would see the speeding environment and reflexively 'slow down' what he/she sees. This probably translates as faster reflexes, but whatever. This 'slowing down' was something many drivers (most notably Clark, Andretti Sr. and A. Senna) would claim sometimes happened when they drove. I'm not sure what the eventual result was, but it could go a long way to explaining why the relatives of good drivers were also pretty darned good.

Then we come to Damon Hill and the whole house of cards falls apart. Ah well.

There was some research going on at one time that was trying to determine if being a good racing driver is an inherited trait. From what I remember, the hypothesis was that good racing drivers could process images faster than the rest of us. The driver would see the speeding environment and reflexively 'slow down' what he/she sees. This probably translates as faster reflexes, but whatever. This 'slowing down' was something many drivers (most notably Clark, Andretti Sr. and A. Senna) would claim sometimes happened when they drove. I'm not sure what the eventual result was, but it could go a long way to explaining why the relatives of good drivers were also pretty darned good.

Not to mention JV and Nelsinho...mmmh...Bruno is screwed

Seriously, I like the fact that the guy wanted to drive even when he was already "too old" and despite his family not supporting his decision. Shows he has the spirit. I also like the fact that the guy used Senna's name to open him some doors but didn't abused it (he could have easily achieved much more using his uncle's name, yet he still chose starting from below and climb up step by step)

So, if he has some of the skills too, I think I've found the next Tonio Liuzzi! Oh, well, maybe not that much. You can't have two Liuzzi's in the same generation after all.

i am so backing bruno 100%, Hes now be faviurite driver and I would be happy to have him in my team. Hes born to race in F1. It just might take him about 6-9 months to get used to F1.

Not to mention JV and Nelsinho...mmmh...Bruno is screwed

Seriously, I like the fact that the guy wanted to drive even when he was already "too old" and despite his family not supporting his decision. Shows he has the spirit. I also like the fact that the guy used Senna's name to open him some doors but didn't abused it (he could have easily achieved much more using his uncle's name, yet he still chose starting from below and climb up step by step)

So, if he has some of the skills too, I think I've found the next Tonio Liuzzi! Oh, well, maybe not that much. You can't have two Liuzzi's in the same generation after all.

JV had the goods, but I believe his eyes couldn't handle the g-forces of an F1 car (I hold the same unsubstantiated view about his father...great as Gilles was, he seemed to have trouble gauging distances). If you've ever seen JV race in CART you'd know that he's damned quick and very controlled. He doesn't have legions of fans because of his sexy baggy overalls....

JV had the goods, but I believe his eyes couldn't handle the g-forces of an F1 car (I hold the same unsubstantiated view about his father...great as Gilles was, he seemed to have trouble gauging distances). If you've ever seen JV race in CART you'd know that he's damned quick and very controlled. He doesn't have legions of fans because of his sexy baggy overalls....

Yes, I've always found your explanation about JV's irregular career most intriguing. I remember being mesmerized by him back in his Williams Renault days. But then again, that was one of the most wonderful cars ever built. Biased moi? Never :D

I will never be sure about Jacques. Was he plainly bad? Was he a what I think Jens will be? (i.e. a guy that delieverd in a perfect car but was just mediocre under any other circumstance?). Or was he what Jens could have probably be now, which sounds alike, but it's not the same? (in this case, a guy that worked hard to build a team and car around himself. JB enjoyed the fruits of his work, while JV left before that)

There was some research going on at one time that was trying to determine if being a good racing driver is an inherited trait. From what I remember, the hypothesis was that good racing drivers could process images faster than the rest of us. The driver would see the speeding environment and reflexively 'slow down' what he/she sees. This probably translates as faster reflexes, but whatever. This 'slowing down' was something many drivers (most notably Clark, Andretti Sr. and A. Senna) would claim sometimes happened when they drove.

yes - I heard that most top formula one drivers are actually agents of the matrix. what they see whilst driving is actually akin to how neo dodges bullets.

yes - I heard that most top formula one drivers are actually agents of the matrix. what they see whilst driving is actually akin to how neo dodges bullets.

Well, now we know Massa isn't an agent of the matrix or the chosen one.

Well, now we know Massa isn't an agent of the matrix or the chosen one.

indeed - he was a jedi, but the force was not strong in him

indeed - he was a jedi, but the force was not strong in him

Hmmm, Flav would be Jabba the Hut, Alonso is Chewbacca (he has to be a wookie with those eyebrows....) and Bernie is Yoda - wait a minute, I think you are onto something here!!! :D

Hmmm, Flav would be Jabba the Hut, Alonso is Chewbacca (he has to be a wookie with those eyebrows....) and Bernie is Yoda - wait a minute, I think you are onto something here!!! :D

post-2537-125871439193_thumb.jpg

Not really. you've reinforced your theory. Graham wasn't really a natural driver either. They both, father and son, did it by determination and graft. Graham did it better, though.

Not really. you've reinforced your theory. Graham wasn't really a natural driver either. They both, father and son, did it by determination and graft. Graham did it better, though.

Reminds me of how little I know about Graham.