Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayrton Senna

The Sun'S Top-10 Drivers Ever

Hamilton is not the 10th greatest ever driver, nor would I rank Prost ahead of Senna, I would say they were equal but Senna had the edge!

I think that they are wrong.

Hell, I think it's a load of Sh#t, actually.

No Graham Hill? Who won Monaco, Le Mans, and Indy? Sure, two may not be F1 races, but he was a damn good driver and was successful even if you just look at his F1 stats (he was a two-time WDC...)

Jim Clark way down in fifth? He's got to be number one, no doubt about it.

Doesn't Button being WDC take something away from Schumi? He's a great driver, but he had the perfect surroundings. Everyone says he saved Ferrari, but it took him five seasons to do so. I'm no knocking him; he's accomplished so much and is no doubt in my top four, but...

Sometimes Prost is underrated because he didn't have the personality that Senna did. I'd still put Senna ahead, though.

Lewis Hamilton? You're ****ing kidding me. Hell, add Jacques Villeneuve in there, too, they're the same driver anyway. 4 wins in year one with the best car, WDC in second year with the best car, fifth in third year in the not-as-good-car...

Alberto Ascari seemed like he was a good driver.

Nigel Mansell wasn't half-bad, either.

H

Those things never work, because circumstances and rules change. Nobody is old enough and still sane to remember F1 beginnings. Even if someone does remember, time warps memories...

I would say nobody qualifies for such list before having driven for at least 5 seasons. That would disqualify LH for now. If he wins next 2 WDCs he will definitely qualify for the list... :)

it loses all the credibility by placing lewis 10th.

Don't worry it's the Sun! I bet tomorrow they'll have him on the front page in a room full of the other Pussycat Dolls & will slate him until he squeals like a constipated pig!

I'm the 250,456,234th most importnat human of all time.

Props!

2 places above Kai Rooney, and only 3 places behind George Edward Alcorn.

Narcissistic but amusing.

Rare and appreciated all the same.

The Sun is the worst Sh#t-rag ever printed. Gutter journalism.:angry:

The top-10 list above is rubbish also.

Hello our new resident Scouser!

it loses all the credibility by placing lewis 10th.

It never had any credibility to start with.

...exactly.

Indeed.

The Sun is the worst Sh#t-rag ever printed. Gutter journalism.:angry:

The top-10 list above is rubbish also.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hello our new resident Scouser!

Exsqueeze me??? Would you be as quick in my grave?? :lol:

Nigel Mansell wasn't half-bad, either.

Mansell was F1 and Indycar champion at the same time, it was only for a week but as far as I know he is the only one who has done that.

Thoughts?

1) Oh dear

2) You read the Sun?! :o well, when I say "read", I meant "look at the pictures...." :D

3) Oh dear

4) Must do some shopping tonight....

5) Oh yeah.... this a really, important, relevant survey published in a quality newspaper, written by journalists who clearly know their stuff. And as we all know, polls are so meaningful...

6) Oh dear :D

I never dare to include an active pilot on that list. we can do 2 different list one active pilots with teh ones of alonsos kimis and hamiltons non of them are even close to be in the top 10 ever and other list retired pilots with Fangio, Schumi, Senna, Villenueve, Steward, Clark, Mansell, Prost, Piquet.... and if the list is top 10 driver we must include a Loeb and McRae and drivers from another categories too.

My personal top 10 F1 Drivers

1 Schumi

2 Senna

3 Villenueve

4 Steward

5 Clark

6 Mansell

7 Fangio

8 Lauda

9 Prost

10 Hakinen

maybe I should include more from the Fangio period like Rosemayer and Ascari but Inever saw them drive

Mario