Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayrton Senna

The Sun'S Top-10 Drivers Ever

I'm too young to have an all time top 10 list :( !

Cheer up. If you can ever find enough money to pay someone to reproduce with you, you can tell your grandchildren about how you saw the most epic finish to a motor race ever: the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix. And chances are, they won't care about the history of the sport anyway if they even care about the sport period.

Alternatively, you could get educated. There are two channels (probably more) on a certain download-free TV streaming site (irjofiejfiojwefiJUSTIN.TVjfujewrifjweriofjeir) that show old grands prix 24/7 (well, one does, the other might just be during the daytime in GMT). I've watched quite a few races from before I was born on them, or even ones from the 90s/early 00s before I started watching. It still doesn't make me qualified to make a list, but at least I've seen some of the greats in an actual race.

Cheer up. If you can ever find enough money to pay someone to reproduce with you, you can tell your grandchildren about how you saw the most epic finish to a motor race ever: the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix.

Actually I didn't see the end of that race! I was flying back from NYC!

Alternatively, you could get educated. There are two channels (probably more) on a certain download-free TV streaming site JUSTIN.TV

Ah yes, I use that to watch ALMS & also the Asian Le Mans Series when it was on!

My two favorite drivers of all time are number one and two and Alonso is not on the list so I agree with it, :thbup::thumb:

Even us can agree in something: A. Prost and your sister while we strongly disagree about Schumi (as a fan of not as a driver) and Alonso

Cheers we have half the glass full! (or empty)

The Sun?

Don't. Not after the way they treated the Hillsborough families. They're the biggest joke of media, and still have lying b#####ds working there. Besides, their list is awful. I do believe after Hamilton's achievements he deserves to be in the top 20. Here's my top 10.

1. Jim Clark

2. Michael Schumacher

3. Ayrton Senna

4. Nigel Mansell

5. Nelson Piquet Sr.

6. Alain Prost

7. JMF

8. Graham Hill

9. Jackie Stewart

10. Mika Hakkinen

it loses all the credibility by placing lewis 10th.

Astoundingly, I completely agree.blink.gif

Hey, the Sun isn't that bad... I mean at least it gives us topless nudies :D

I've no idea who the oldies like Clark, Hill, etc are, but I'm very happy Schumi's at the top. He *is* the greatest ever.

Lewis on the list is a big joke.

Hey, the Sun isn't that bad... I mean at least it gives us topless nudies :D

I've no idea who the oldies like Clark, Hill, etc are, but I'm very happy Schumi's at the top. He *is* the greatest ever.

Lewis on the list is a big joke.

Dear labrado can I tell you something? The world and F1 didn

MSC, JMF, Alain Prost, Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna and then the rest. Who are the rest? Hill, Stewart, Lauda, Mansell, Alonso and Mikka and Gilles and Piquet Sr. and many many great drivers as Ickx, Rindt, Bellof, Peterson, Andretti, etc.

What about Villeneuve? (Senior, of course)?

What about Villeneuve? (Senior, of course)?

Villeneuve was dynamic and an absolute orgasm to watch. He shares top spot in my heart with Jimmy Clark, tho I've never seen Jimmy race live (I have Gilles). Gilles made too many mistakes, however, to elevate him very far into the 'top 10 drivers ever'. He had amazing car control but was occasionally sloppy. Reminds me of JPM a bit.

Villeneuve was dynamic and an absolute orgasm to watch. He shares top spot in my heart with Jimmy Clark, tho I've never seen Jimmy race live (I have Gilles). Gilles made too many mistakes, however, to elevate him very far into the 'top 10 drivers ever'. He had amazing car control but was occasionally sloppy. Reminds me of JPM a bit.

I'd agree with you 100% on that... my memory is a bit hazy but yes, the comparison with JPM is a good one. GV was certainly exciting.

JPM was an interesting driver too. I just wish we had seen more of the driving that he did in Champcar work its way into F1.... I'll never forget him overtaking a car on the inside of the corkscrew in Laguna Seca - mad!

JPM was an interesting driver too. I just wish we had seen more of the driving that he did in Champcar work its way into F1.... I'll never forget him overtaking a car on the inside of the corkscrew in Laguna Seca - mad!

That was Zanardi. ;)

Montoya was fun to watch in CART. He was damn fun to watch with fenders in the very few NASCAR races I watched this year. At one of the non-ovals, Pocono (it has three corners of different length and banking, and three straights of different length...technically an oval because it has all left turns, but it requires a lot more work to drive than a standard oval would), Juan Pablo went three-wide in the middle of two cars in a corner that everyone else was taking single-file. There's never overtaking at Pocono because it's just too hard for the NASCAR drivers to handle, but Montoya and a few others made the race worth attending.

I only saw one year of his career in F1, the last one, but from what I've seen on YouTube, I think I miss him.

To be honest, Montoya will always be underrated, but if you are to look at best drivers ever including all forms of motorsport, Montoya's certainly not at the top, but he's higher than I think most would place him. He's won the Monaco Grand Prix and a handful of other races, a few NASCAR races, the CART championship, the 24 Hours of Daytona, and the Indianapolis 500. I'm sure more drivers could say that if they had tried to do it, but considering only Andretti and Gurney have won in F1, CART/Indy, and NASCAR, it's a nice accomplishment, especially when you consider how guys Montoya used to race against like Franchitti struggled to come to grips with the stock cars. Of course, if you want well-rounded, Clark and Hill have to be on the top of the list, with Clark's F1, BTCC, and Indy triumphs and Hill's F1, Le Mans, and Indy wins. Looking at F1 alone, Clark still belongs at the top.

My list would probably have to be, based largely on things I didn't see, and not really taking era into much consideration (as in all eras are equal-ish):

1. Jim Clark

2. Juan Manuel Fangio

3. Ayrton Senna

4. Michael Schumacher

5. Alain Prost

6. Alberto Ascari

7. Graham Hill

8. Nelson Piquet

9. Jack Brabham

10. Jackie Stewart

I couldn

My Dad did say to me once he watched Monty race in CART cos he knew he was going to F1 the following year & he told me about a move he made on someone on a street circuit when not only was he on the outside lane but looked over to the other driver & looked to see when he braked so that he could out-brake the guy & overtake! Had no luck finding it on youtube!

My top 10:

1. Michael Schumacher

2. Ayrton Senna

3. Alain Prost

4. Juan Manuel Fangio

5. Nigel Mansell

6. Jim Clark

7. Jackie Stewart

8. Nelson Piquet

In keeping with the Nobel Peace Prize awarding criteria, I put at 9th and 10th two drivers that I thought would have done great things in F1:

9. Stefan Bellof

10. Gilles Villeneuve.

That Sun's list is outrageous! Where's Sesame Street's Elmo in there???

They, like me, hold a grudge.

Elmo...oh Elmo.

Sesame Street was my favorite show as a child. Big Bird was my favorite character. Abelardo (the big bird on that one) was my favorite on Plaza S

They, like me, hold a grudge.

Elmo...oh Elmo.

Sesame Street was my favorite show as a child. Big Bird was my favorite character. Abelardo (the big bird on that one) was my favorite on Plaza S