Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negative Ions

Is Button A Worthy World Champion In Your Opinion?

Is Button a worthy World Champion in your opinion?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is Button a worthy World Champion in your opinion?

• His car was illegal, thats the only reason
    • No, he drove a fast car while he had it, but didnt perform well when the going got tough
    • Its neither here nor there, the guy with the fastest car always wins
    • Yes, he is the man

The media as usual have made various comments about JB since he started the season well then appeared to struggle with Barichello matching or beating him in the latter part of the season. Was his performance worthy of a world champion? Personally I think that the diffuser handed him the world championship, and that hes more of a journeyman than a prodigiously fast driver.

He scored more points than the other guys. That's all that matters.

Granted, he didn't score more points than the other guys in the most impressive fashion, but quite frankly, I don't care. He's a WDC and that's really all there is to say about. Good for him. Happy days. Apple pie heart moon biscuit star!

You ask, "Is Button a worthy World Champion in your opinion?"

I reply, "And why the fck not?"

And more importantly, who cares anymore?

Like it is said in the academia, when politics rule over science the only requirement a professor must meet is to be a warm body. You would not believe how many universities are stacked up with warm bodies without other credit to their name than being "warm", that is "not dead". Same applies to certain "fashionable" fields like, yes you know it, global warming... or feminism (this is for the late Murray) although in that case, naturally, the requirement is a warm body with female "parts".

I don't know what need to debate on this, he made ther right moves, he stayed with that team, accepted paycuts, he didn't move to another team even when he had an offer, he was patient and he finally got what he had been waiting for....he had a more experienced team mate, yet he outscored him...he did the right things at the right time......he may or may not get a second chance in the future, whatever our opinion is, Jenson is a world champion.

Granted, he didn't score more points than the other guys in the most impressive fashion, but quite frankly, I don't care. He's a WDC and that's really all there is to say about. Good for him. Happy days. Apple pie heart moon biscuit star!

That's what I think too, maybe his car was ilegal but FIA found it to be right and they are the ones who know about it, he got more points that anybody else, some people think he doesn't deserve the title but I think those how got less points than him deserves it less than him, a worthy champ? I think anyone who becomes a champ it is a worthy champ, a lot of people think Alonso was a worthy champ and if he is, then Button it is worthy too, in 2005 Alonso won the title because of Kimi's unreliability and in 2006 he did worst than Button, he too had a massive lead and lost it completely Button never lost the lead, so if Alonso was a worthy champ them Button have a lot more reason to be it too.

Is Button a Worthy WDC?? Yes! He had the perfect car @ the start & took advantage of it! Just cos he didn't win a race in the last half of the season doesn't mean he's an unworthy WDC! It's all about consistency, that's why Bernie's "win most & you win WDC" suggestion is a load of oxball!

Fair call.

You ask, "Is Button a worthy World Champion in your opinion?"

I reply, "And why the fck not?"

And more importantly, who cares anymore?

If you dont care, why bother posting.

I don't know what need to debate on this

No debate, just wanted the opinion of the marketplace. Tamara Ecclestones voiced her very important opinion (/sarscasm) just wanted others.

Button confuses me. I want to say he's not in the top tier of drivers, but then again, can we say Alonso is if Button isn't? I think Alonso has immense talent, but his 2006 was similar to Button's 2009, and he's had some terrible seasons when he's in a bad car. It just so happens that Alonso's bad years came after the WDC, so everyone already thought highly of him, while Button's came before his WDC, which makes it appear to be a fluke. Granted, I'd rate Alonso above Button only because Button's performances in 2007 and 2008 were highly unspirited; at least Alonso was always pushing it. Even Lewis may not be as good as it seems; he's finished P2, P1, and P5 in the standings...exactly like Jacques Villeneuve's first three years. Wasn't Lewis planning a foray into the world of music with help from Nicole? Before long he'll sign with Manor Grand Prix and retire to run a grand total of two races in NASCAR and then come back with funny spectalces and declare he's a candidate for all 24 seats on the grid. Looking beyond results, it's easier to make judgments, but some people look for totally different things in drivers. Some like car control, some like precision, some like a more wild balls-to-the-wall drivers, others will rate a calculated steady podium finisher above all. I guess it's hard to say. I'll just use the points to determine worth, so good on Button.

It's a team sport; the drivers have become the face of it, and unfairly, but that's what you have to do to market it. I don't think the drivers are insignificant in the least, but it seems to me that they aren't the most important part of the team. They represent the work of hundreds, so it's hard to judge them as an individual when everything they do depends on so many more individuals. There's a WDC and a WCC, and it's not uncommon that the DC drives for CC. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, but I guess it's something along the lines of Brawn and Button beat everyone, and while they may have done it together, Button still deserves the drivers' honor simply because that's something they award instead of a World Tyre Changers' Championship or whatever.

Sorry for the excessive length trying to say not a whole lot, but it's the off season and I don't have much else to do tonight.

a total waste of time debate! So I promised you it will be the more posted topic in the next weeks! We love to debate!

The WC of any are not a metter of faith or to deserve or not; only to score more points, make more goals or win more points. That

. Wasn't Lewis planning a foray into the world of music with help from Nicole? Before long he'll sign with Manor Grand Prix and retire to run a grand total of two races in NASCAR and then come back with funny spectalces and declare he's a candidate for all 24 seats on the grid.

LOL

I didn't bother to read anything else but the thread title. So:

"Yes."

I shall call it a night as well.

Indeed.

I can feel myself getting p**sed off, so I'll just stick with Mike and say yes.

If Jenson had started the season weak and finished strongly, in complete contrast to how he won it, would you have created this poll? As many have said, it's the fact that he won that is important. He drove brilliantly in Brazil and back to his natural form in Abdab, so I think he's still got it.

When he had the best car, he beat the only other driver with the same equipment, his team-mate. Fair-dues.

By mid season it was fairly odds-on he was going to win the WDC, and I think he drifted into mediocrity, but the last couple of races when the pressure was on, he delivered. Fair play.:thbup:

So yeah, he's WDC. Respect. Vettel was the only other credible option, who drove brilliantly, but was handicapped by the Renault engine. kaboom.:rolleyes:

But the guy with the best car wins.

If you dont care, why bother posting.

I said the same most said yet you choose to whine at me. I thank you for the amusement.

The fun we are going to have...

If Jenson had started the season weak and finished strongly, in complete contrast to how he won it, would you have created this poll? As many have said, it's the fact that he won that is important. He drove brilliantly in Brazil and back to his natural form in Abdab, so I think he's still got it.

Exactly.

When he had the best car, he beat the only other driver with the same equipment, his team-mate. Fair-dues.

By mid season it was fairly odds-on he was going to win the WDC, and I think he drifted into mediocrity, but the last couple of races when the pressure was on, he delivered. Fair play.:thbup:

So yeah, he's WDC. Respect. Vettel was the only other credible option, who drove brilliantly, but was handicapped by the Renault engine. kaboom.:rolleyes:

But the guy with the best car wins.

Yep, indeed.

I disagree with most of you, I think it is interesting to know what people think about this topic and not get angry because of this poll, after I read Tamara's comments I wanted to know the opinion of the people about this, like I said Alonso did a worse job in 2006 when he even blamed his own team of not helping him enough to win the WDC he even said Renault was against him taking the number one to Mclaren and he didn't lost any respect or value in the eyes of his followers for this, so, yes, this is a valid poll and if you don't want to participate it is ok but please don't condemn it and let the us know what people think about it.

He is World Champion! He scored more points than the others. It is crazy to call him unworthy because he won "...only because he had barely legal car..." or some sh!t like that. His car was not disqualified in spite of Ferrari and others complaining about it. One Croatian journalist said that if sequence of his results would be reversed everyone would be talking about "incredible finish of the season". I agree with it completely. He is wdc and that is all that matters and that would be remembered.

I'm not p**sed because of the poll or the thread starter. I'm not going to have an almighty bitch rant about the fact that JB's championship has quite possibly been the most credible we've seen in F1 for a few years. All the Alonso Hamilton Ferrari McLaren hype can take its toll. So was refreshing for a season with brilliant battles, a champion who isn't a drama queen and some decent commentary by DC and EJ. Most of all. NO JAMES ALLEN!

Edit: Double Post. Again.

I disagree with most of you, I think it is interesting to know what people think about this topic and not get angry because of this poll, after I read Tamara's comments I wanted to know the opinion of the people about this, like I said Alonso did a worse job in 2006 when he even blamed his own team of not helping him enough to win the WDC he even said Renault was against him taking the number one to Mclaren and he didn't lost any respect or value in the eyes of his followers for this, so, yes, this is a valid poll and if you don't want to participate it is ok but please don't condemn it and let the us know what people think about it.

Two things...

1) Your obssesion about FA is incredibly boring... you should try to **** him, maybe after that the obsession will be over.

2) Of course JB is an absolutely worthy champion. He basically won when had the best car and did the necessary without making too many mistakes when the rest were pussing to hell. I'm actually really glad he grabbed it.

Two things...

1) Your obssesion about FA is incredibly boring... you should try to **** him, maybe after that the obsession will be over.

2) Of course JB is an absolutely worthy champion. He basically won when had the best car and did the necessary without making too many mistakes when the rest were pussing to hell. I'm actually really glad he grabbed it.

yes, I like that perfume a lot. :P

To add. Its nice to not have so much controversy and JB isn't exactly the media darling, so to me it felt more deserved because of this. It felt like a racing championship. Yeah, he choked midway - as do all drivers. Yet he fought back with everything he had and claimed the title.

I'm happy with that. Yeah, baby. He's world champion!