Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

Mercedes Benz Grand Prix!!!

Mercedes announces Mercedes Grand Prix

37536.gifMercedes will return to having its own teamin Formula 1 next year, having acquired control of Brawn Grand Prix.Mercedes-Benz will enter the Formula 1 World Championship with its ownteam, beginning with the 2010 season, and Daimler AG and McLaren Groupwill change their form of cooperation with immediate effect. Daimler AGand Aabar Investments PJSC will take over 75.1 per cent of the Brawn GPteam, with Daimler taking 45.1 per cent and Aabar 30 per cent. The restof the 24.9 per cent will remain with the current stakeholders. With9.1 per cent, Aabar is the biggest single shareholder of Daimler AG.

The partnership between McLaren Mercedes has been in place since1995 and ended its 15th joint Formula 1 season in 2009. The change tothe form of cooperation is taking place by mutual agreement.Mercedes-Benz and McLaren will continue to co-operate with each otherand the supply of engines could continue until 2015.

http://www.grandprix...ns/ns21982.html

You can't blame Merc for bailing on McLaren. With all the crap and scandals happening with that team, the rumored hassles with dealing with Hamilton Snr, why bother. Brawn are a tight ship, get things done and don't have any dramas.

As for our man Kimi, this might be the end for our beloved gorilla wearing friend. Macca now don't look so hot, and unless those rumors are false about his demans for $$, then he's going to be absent from F1 next year. What a travesty if you ask me.

No Kimi, NO F1

I am so happy!

[2007 in my mind, disaster and the Germans fed up. 2008, roughly a championship and the Germans fed up. 2009, disaster and the Germans fed up.]

Hail Mercedes GP!

You can't blame Merc for bailing on McLaren. With all the crap and scandals happening with that team, the rumored hassles with dealing with Hamilton Snr, why bother. Brawn are a tight ship, get things done and don't have any dramas.

As for our man Kimi, this might be the end for our beloved gorilla wearing friend. Macca now don't look so hot, and unless those rumors are false about his demans for $$, then he's going to be absent from F1 next year. What a travesty if you ask me.

No Kimi, NO F1

i do expects lots of suicides for kimi leaving f1, but i must confess i thought it was just among girls.

I guess someone has to say it: McLaren Mercedes partnership was failure - three WDC (1998, 1999 and 2008) and one WCC (1998) in 15 years (1995-2009)! For second most successful team in F1 history that is just not good enough.

So, something was ill. I think that decision has been made on Daimler board at the beginning of this season when LH had theatrical performance in front of stewards. That was continuation of the row of scandals gluing to the team causing damage to Mercedes image. Another contributing factor was McLaren decision to develop their own sports car in a bid to become "British Ferrari".

Well, I'm pleased I brought my BrawnGP Merch when I did, because they are sure to go down in history as the only team ever to win both championships in it's only season.

As for Mercedes GP, I don't really know what to say, however I will not be supporting them. Ross Brawn is still a genius and congrats to the Brawn GP workers for what they acheived.

So McLaren will have the same name, without Mercedes but still have Merc engines for the next 5 years! I wonder what colours McLaren are gonna use cos Mercedes would want the classic Slver Arrow livery & no sponsors!

Thats why they didn't sign up Button earlier. Lets face it, if they would have known about Merc, which they would have done, they would easily have been able to pay Button what he was asking, but obviously they were trying to push him out to please Merc. **** them! b#####ds!

Thats why they didn't sign up Button earlier. Lets face it, if they would have known about Merc, which they would have done, they would easily have been able to pay Button what he was asking, but obviously they were trying to push him out to please Merc. **** them! b#####ds!

A definite ploy. Rosberg and Heidfeld are not in Button's class but they are German. Of course, they could have afforded to meet JB's demands but they decided to go the homophobic route - Germans are good at that. If Jens's people didn't see that coming, they need removing. The big question is: what if Jenson had signed the cruddy deal that was offered? Would Daimler have cut him a cheque and let him go? Of course. That's why the numbers were so low. Shame on you Ross - you did the dirty on a man who put his faith in you. Just how sad were you to axe all those people at Brackley last year?

A definite ploy. Rosberg and Heidfeld are not in Button's class but they are German. Of course, they could have afforded to meet JB's demands but they decided to go the homophobic route - Germans are good at that. If Jens's people didn't see that coming, they need removing. The big question is: what if Jenson had signed the cruddy deal that was offered? Would Daimler have cut him a cheque and let him go? Of course. That's why the numbers were so low. Shame on you Ross - you did the dirty on a man who put his faith in you. Just how sad were you to axe all those people at Brackley last year?

Guys I suggest you read more carefully. Where did you get that All-German line up??? Haug said that Mercedes is interested in Heidfeld. There Mercedes in Force India! There is Mercedes at McLaren!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80175

On Ross: he is manager. Button did not put his faith in Ross, Ross was his straw not to end up unemployed for 2009. Nobody was fighting to sign Button for 2009.

Guys I suggest you read more carefully. Where did you get that All-German line up??? Haug said that Mercedes is interested in Heidfeld. There Mercedes in Force India! There is Mercedes at McLaren!

I am aware of the opportunities open to German drivers and that JB's deal is still probably on the table but why is Ross only offering Jenson peanuts! Button was an integral part of this whole deal coming about. It makes no sense unless he's signing Kimi and Heidberg and Rosberg goes to McLaren or a similar scenario.

Button's class? Hello, he was nothing til he got the best car of the grid.

On Ross: he is manager. Button did not put his faith in Ross, Ross was his straw not to end up unemployed for 2009. Nobody was fighting to sign Button for 2009.

Whatever, he won the WCC for him and deserves to keep his No.1 role on a salary suitable for a WDC. Just what Ross's or Merc's problem with that is, I don't know. perhaps it's just super-arrogance.

Button's class? Hello, he was nothing til he got the best car of the grid.

Just the same as every other driver on the grid then! What a stupid comment.

Just the same as every other driver on the grid then! What a stupid comment.

Ide would've won the first EIGHT races in a row with that car lol.

Ide would've won the first EIGHT races in a row with that car lol.

This is waay stupider than you're other comment, according to Ben! We all know an 80 year old woman with leprosy could drive better than Ide!

This is waay stupider than you're other comment, according to Ben! We all know an 80 year old woman with leprosy could drive better than Ide!

hahaha that's the fun of the quote baby. sense of humor? ^^ what i mean is, nico and nick would've done same in that brawn. before that, jens didn't do much, won a race and wrote two books in half dozen of yrs.

That means if Nick goes to FI in 2010, there'll be an all-German line-up in a Mercedes-powered team so everyone's happy!

:lol: I did not think of that :lol:

As someone said long ago: " F1 teams has no friends; only business"

Ross only promised " I have nothing to offer but fuel, oil, tyres, and sweat" to Jense.

I am so happy!

[2007 in my mind, disaster and the Germans fed up. 2008, roughly a championship and the Germans fed up. 2009, disaster and the Germans fed up.]

Hail Mercedes GP!

It sounds more or less like a certain Spaniard is the one who is Fedup...Read the press release carefully you will understand why they split.

If you are happy that the split would hurt Mclaren, then you are a fool.

I am so happy!

Hail Mercedes GP!

Don't know why your so happy about it if Mclaren are going to have that engine for 5 more years and as you can see things change a lot in F1 in a week not to say what will happen in 5 year, so Mclaren is still going to have the best F1 engine next season and they have plenty of time to eather build their own engines or buy the one who will be the best in 5 from now, that is if things are more or less like today and besides that Mclaren have won with other engines and I can tell you they were a lot more dominating wiht Honda engines than with Merc. so I don't see the reason of your happiness :naughty: