Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stopkidding

Schumacher At Mercedes?

nothing wrong with dreaming - I'm all in favour of it

just don't be too dissappointed when it doesn't happen

;)

Sad fact of life, but true. Ah well, hope springs eternal.

Sorry for the dodgy intellectual quote. I thought I may appear more... intellectual. Not this time, made myself look like an arse, guv'nor. :lol:

Sad fact of life, but true. Ah well, hope springs eternal.

Sorry for the dodgy intellectual quote. I thought I may appear more... intellectual. Not this time, made myself look like an arse, guv'nor. :lol:

Dream away, you arse.

I see this one happening. Just like I saw Fernando staying at McLaren for '08 and Piquet Jr being rookie of the year.

Dream away, you arse.

I see this one happening. Just like I saw Fernando staying at McLaren for '08 and Piquet Jr being rookie of the year.

:lol:

Kimi sucks and Button's great. :lol:

Kimi sucks and Button's great. :lol:

Bah, everybody sucks except for Kubica and Alonso (which drives for a team that sucks, nonetheless)

Wait, I didn't mean that you suck. Well, maybe you do, don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad with you sucking. No, that didn't come out right. No offense!

(I'm j/k, of course, but this is the kind of things that usually happen to me when I'm talking to a woman and my mind is being dirtier than hers. I keep apologizing for every phrase while she looks at me wondering wtf is wrong with me. Surprisingly, it works ;))

That court order really didn't work against you did it Andres?

(i joke too, but the difference is if i explain myself, i end up looking like a right arse)

Yup. He has a natural instinct for that.

Eddie Jordan is awesome. I love his analysis, and his banter.

Bah, everybody sucks except for Kubica and Alonso (which drives for a team that sucks, nonetheless)

Wait, I didn't mean that you suck. Well, maybe you do, don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad with you sucking. No, that didn't come out right. No offense!

(I'm j/k, of course, but this is the kind of things that usually happen to me when I'm talking to a woman and my mind is being dirtier than hers. I keep apologizing for every phrase while she looks at me wondering wtf is wrong with me. Surprisingly, it works ;))

Well, to be fair, you've already paid them for services to be rendered, they don't care what you say :whistling::lol:

Eddie Jordan is awesome. I love his analysis, and his banter.

Eddie Jordan was made to be on Grumpy Old Men & sounds like he should, always giving out like 1! Him & Jezza together will be one heck of a combo!

Thats because they're pu**y b#####d imbeciles. Or not.

If the only source for this story is Eddie Jordan, then I don't believe it for 1 second.

Jordan is entertaining as a BBC pundit but he always exaggerates and makes wild bold assumptions/statements which usually turn out to be wrong

Anyone see the comment by Norbert about Kimi having his number and saying he can call him anytime? He had some glowing remarks about Kimi some months ago. I can't believe money is the issue why they haven't signed Kimi. And those rumours about his work ethic are all baloney. Of course I don't know that for a fact, but I've never felt he's lacked motivation, or not put in the time for setup on the cars.

Anyway, still hoping Kimi will get the Merc seat. Otherwise if it's Citroen in WRC with Red Bull backing, I'd be ecstatic to see him in the Red Bull 2011 seat next to Vettel. Red Bull are a cool team, and seeing Kimi in their colors would be perfect.

You can be stupid many times but two time in 3 months for 7 times WDC? Is too much even for his ego!

My friend, I admire your candor (or is that "condor"?). You have to wonder how much of this talk is merely a publicists' wet dream to keep us focused on Formula One for what will be a long off-season.

Anyone watch the ROC today/tonight? One of the British commentators said something very interesting about Schumi that I had not heard before. He said that if Massa was not up to snuff after 3 races in 2010, and it was clear he wasn't fit and fully recovered from his accident, then Schumi would take over for the rest of the year. As far as his neck goes, he said that wasn't the reason he didn't in the end fill Massa's seat. It was the fact the car was such a dog, he wasn't prepared to race it and look silly in the process by having so so results.

I had a horrifying dream that Villeneuve had signed for MGP. A nightmare. However, I wouldn't be fazed if MIchael, Ralf or Juan Pablo were Haug's 'big surprise' picks. Ralf could be favourite.

Anyone watch the ROC today/tonight? One of the British commentators said something very interesting about Schumi that I had not heard before. He said that if Massa was not up to snuff after 3 races in 2010, and it was clear he wasn't fit and fully recovered from his accident, then Schumi would take over for the rest of the year. As far as his neck goes, he said that wasn't the reason he didn't in the end fill Massa's seat. It was the fact the car was such a dog, he wasn't prepared to race it and look silly in the process by having so so results.

Sounds about right.

I figured the Schumacher neck excuse was a load of bull. I also figured "the car was slow" was a BS excuse, too. The car was not slow for Kimi at that time. How would Schumi have known, he never drove the F60...I think he got in the F2007 and decided he just didn't have it and stayed away, and good on him for that. There's no sense in staying too long to prove nothing when you've already proven everything. He's a champion and a legend. His career can only go down from there.

I think Massa will be fine. Schumi will end up as part of the FIA since he was always a very clean, rule-abiding competitor who will have no biases whatsoever. And he's a great guy to be a part of an organization that promotes road safety, since he's only had a few run-ins with the law over speeding and only flipped that Fiat van once when he was going way too fast. :P

I had a horrifying dream that Villeneuve had signed for MGP. A nightmare. However, I wouldn't be fazed if MIchael, Ralf or Juan Pablo were Haug's 'big surprise' picks. Ralf could be favourite.

Well, it won't be Juan Pablo. Montoya's never coming back, and he's said so himself. He nearly won the NASCAR championship before fading to P6 or something like that late in the going. He's finally figured those cars out and he's so much happier there. His F1 career is unfortunately over.

If it's Ralf, I'll be pleased. We need more guys for David Hobbs of SPEEDTV to make fun of during the race. ;)

The only "big surprise" I'd take a gamble on if I ran MGP would be Kobayashi. I doubt it will be.

I figured the Schumacher neck excuse was a load of bull. I also figured "the car was slow" was a BS excuse, too. The car was not slow for Kimi at that time. How would Schumi have known, he never drove the F60...I think he got in the F2007 and decided he just didn't have it and stayed away, and good on him for that. There's no sense in staying too long to prove nothing when you've already proven everything. He's a champion and a legend. His career can only go down from there.

I think Massa will be fine. Schumi will end up as part of the FIA since he was always a very clean, rule-abiding competitor who will have no biases whatsoever. And he's a great guy to be a part of an organization that promotes road safety, since he's only had a few run-ins with the law over speeding and only flipped that Fiat van once when he was going way too fast. :P

Well, it won't be Juan Pablo. Montoya's never coming back, and he's said so himself. He nearly won the NASCAR championship before fading to P6 or something like that late in the going. He's finally figured those cars out and he's so much happier there. His F1 career is unfortunately over.

If it's Ralf, I'll be pleased. We need more guys for David Hobbs of SPEEDTV to make fun of during the race. ;)

The only "big surprise" I'd take a gamble on if I ran MGP would be Kobayashi. I doubt it will be.

That's not a bad call. I second that.

If it's Ralf, I'll be pleased. We need more guys for David Hobbs of SPEEDTV to make fun of during the race. wink.gif

clap3.gif Ralf at MGP would indeed give Mr. Hobbs a full season's worth of appropriately derogatory remarks.

clap3.gif Ralf at MGP would indeed give Mr. Hobbs a full season's worth of appropriately derogatory remarks.

Oh crap..... I just had a horrible thought. What if EJ got it right that Schumacher was joining Mercedes, only.... what if its the other one - i.e. not Michael :o :o :o

The Horror!

Oh crap..... I just had a horrible thought. What if EJ got it right that Schumacher was joining Mercedes, only.... what if its the other one - i.e. not Michael :o :o :o

The Horror!

What if the army of midget sheepses storm the Ausie GP and fleece the Schumacher brothers before turning them into Schumi Pies?

Kamchatka will defeat Yatusk with their 50 armies and a few good dice rolls will see you gammoned.

(checkmate)

What if the army of midget sheepses storm the Ausie GP and fleece the Schumacher brothers before turning them into Schumi Pies?

Kamchatka will defeat Yatusk with their 50 armies and a few good dice rolls will see you gammoned.

(checkmate)

Schumi' Pies. :P

Little to win and much to lose sums it up for me. Schumacher had his day, had it big, and that _was_ that.

Few (two?) WDC's have walked off and then returned to win the show... and that was _then_ when F1 was a different game. Schumacher could be one of these drivers but I honestly don't think so... bar Whiting's doings.

What's even more difficult to believe is that someone has _FINALLY_ given Massa a deadline after wasting a Ferrari drive for... four (five?) years. Truly fcking unbelievable.

Sounds a bit risky to me :D

Gammon? mmmm