Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Kobayashi To Renault?

According to earlier rumours, Renault is willing to remain in F1 until 2012 just if the team could be entirely financed by sponsors, allowing the french marque to keep his presence in the sport according to the Concorde Agreement but without spending a single penny. That's probably why they are considering selling shares in the team to main sponsor Megafon, who would also bring Nokia on board as a team sponsor.

But now it is suggested the situation may change due to the help of fellow carmaker Toyota who might be keen to pass their title sponsor contract with Panasonic over to the Enstone based squad. This would come in exchange for Renault appointing japanese rookie Kamui Kobayashi as Robert Kubica's team mate.

I've heard this story from a motorsport journo here in Italy. And now rumours are also appearing on the net...(SEE F1live.com 4 example)

Mmmh...Kobayahi/Kubica sounds like too much. I don't want them t o become the new Boulder Brothers.

On the other hand, if I'm not getting the excitement of Renault fighting for wins, at least will enjoy the fireworks.

As for Renault itself, I feel sad that Ghosn's views are finally becoming dominant inside the team. I'm actually starting to believe that perhaps the Briatore buyout option is not so bad, after all.

Mmmh...Kobayahi/Kubica sounds like too much. I don't want them t o become the new Boulder Brothers.

On the other hand, if I'm not getting the excitement of Renault fighting for wins, at least will enjoy the fireworks.

As for Renault itself, I feel sad that Ghosn's views are finally becoming dominant inside the team. I'm actually starting to believe that perhaps the Briatore buyout option is not so bad, after all.

Never bad, even though he sometimes says things he doesn't have to, he certainly has the talent to put people in their place and make a winning team. I hope he comes back.....ofcourse he will.....cos its the frog on the throne...

Well as for Kobayahi, he is certainly very very very good.....if only Toyota had him right from the start, may be they would have finished in a better position, because they had a fantastic car with drivers who looked like they took it easy..from the way he drove his last two races, it looks like he was the most motivated memeber in the history of that team...certainly that guy seems to be cool headed..

PAnasonic and Kddi arrival would also push Megafon and Megafon partner Nokia out of the picture as title sponsors...As Panasonic is a straight competitor for Nokia and so is Kddi for Megafon even if the two companies are from different countries... This would leave the russians hungry as Ecclestone admitted they were looking to buy into an existing competitive F1 team...Which side they will look at then? Errr...Qadbak Sauber?

he certainly has the talent to put people in their place and make a winning team.

you are absolutely right he put Piquet in his place on the wall and and Renault became a winning team tthat year :naughty:

O/T but everytime I see the name 'Kobayashi' I think of the Usual Suspects when Kujan drops the cup and realises who Keyser Soze really is. The cup drops to reveal the name 'Kobayashi'. Genius.

Anyway back on topic. I like Koba. Best since Toranosuke Takagi (Sp?)

Edit. Double post.

O/T but everytime I see the name 'Kobayashi' I think of the Usual Suspects when Kujan drops the cup and realises who Keyser Soze really is. The cup drops to reveal the name 'Kobayashi'. Genius.

Same happens to me!

you are absolutely right he put Piquet in his place on the wall and and Renault became a winning team tthat year :naughty:

:lol:

Very funny!

Seriously, I'd like Briatore back. It's not really his fault Alonso's team cheated. It happens to the best of them!

Anyway back on topic. I like Koba. Best since Toranosuke Takagi (Sp?)

:lol: Steph, you try so hard to sound manly in your list of interests (boxing? Liverpool FC?!) but the genuine article would immediately associate 'Kobayashi' with the one and only Star Trek. As any real man knows, James T. Kirk was the only cadet ever to pass the Kobayashi-Maru no-win scenario at Starfleet Academy, a feat only possible by cheating and reprogramming the exam devised by his later friend Spock. I think most men do actually know that!

:lol: Steph, you try so hard to sound manly in your list of interests (boxing? Liverpool FC?!) but the genuine article would immediately associate 'Kobayashi' with the one and only Star Trek. As any real man knows, James T. Kirk was the only cadet ever to pass the Kobayashi-Maru no-win scenario at Starfleet Academy, a feat only possible by cheating and reprogramming the exam devised by his later friend Spock. I think most men do actually know that!

Only freaks like you, Murray :P

Exsqueeze me, when was the Kobayashi Maru ever supposed to be devised by Spock??

D'oh!! :lol:

Very funny!

Seriously, I'd like Briatore back. It's not really his fault Alonso's team cheated. It happens to the best of them!

OMG! See. Star Trek and I don't mix. My female brain gets confused with that of Star Wars and I end up calling Kirk, Chewbacca or Uhura, Princess Leia!

Random Star Wars fact: Luke Skywalker's call sign is Red Five. Which relates to Nigel Mansell. Star Wars therefore is more of a man thing, so my balls are bigger than yours.

I win!

(note: I'm a total girl i have no balls and I'm petrified of spiders and I think you're great Graham. Don't hurt me!)

Edit. Where it says spiders i originally said strangers. WTF? Waaaaah!

Would love to see Koba team up with Kubi. Now, Koba is a guy I'd love to see in F1. Loved what he did on his debut and the next race. Someone I think can grow into a competitor for podium finishes.

Steph, love your sig. L

Would love to see Koba team up with Kubi. Now, Koba is a guy I'd love to see in F1. Loved what he did on his debut and the next race. Someone I think can grow into a competitor for podium finishes.

Steph, love your sig. L

Exsqueeze me, when was the Kobayashi Maru ever supposed to be devised by Spock??

Public health warning - the following post does not mean I am a trekky or a nerd.... er, Eric told me... :)

Paul... sadly in the latest Star Trek, which for brevity I shall call "Star Trek 11 - the Crap One" they messed about with the Star Trek story quite heavily and in this, indeed Spock was supposed to have created Kobayashi Maru. They also made Spock very "dark".

A load of plop, of course. I switched off.

Public health warning - the following post does not mean I am a trekky or a nerd.... er, Eric told me... :)

Paul... sadly in the latest Star Trek, which for brevity I shall call "Star Trek 11 - the Crap One" they messed about with the Star Trek story quite heavily and in this, indeed Spock was supposed to have created Kobayashi Maru. They also made Spock very "dark".

A load of plop, of course. I switched off.

Oh for bollocks sake! Well, you can tell I haven't watched the lastest film :lol:

Oh for bollocks sake! Well, you can tell I haven't watched the lastest film :lol:

Don't, its pants. Good CGI. Crap plot, wooden acting and destroys the whole Star Trek canon with its odd departures from 40 years of storylines....

... or maybe I'm an old fart

Trekkies are creepy.

That's 2nd Lieutenant Creepy to you!

Actually not a trekky - have met a few in my travels who can be a bit odd. But did like original series. When I was a kid I wanted to be James T.Kirk....

I now am as fat as Bill Shatner and have slightly more hair.... so my wish is coming true :D

Read talk of the Toyota-Renault tie in in the last 48 hours and I hope that there is some substance to it. Heaven knows Renault F1 could use sponsor dollars and I think most of us want to see young Kobayashi on the grid in 2010. A win-win situation?

What I don't understand is exactly how Renault will be featured in the next Star Trek movie...

Read talk of the Toyota-Renault tie in in the last 48 hours and I hope that there is some substance to it. Heaven knows Renault F1 could use sponsor dollars and I think most of us want to see young Kobayashi on the grid in 2010. A win-win situation?

What I don't understand is exactly how Renault will be featured in the next Star Trek movie...

Quite easy really. You can't cheat the movies. Thats their real punishment.

Actually, dorks and nerds like me too. So there.

OMG! See. Star Trek and I don't mix. My female brain gets confused with that of Star Wars and I end up calling Kirk, Chewbacca or Uhura, Princess Leia!

Random Star Wars fact: Luke Skywalker's call sign is Red Five. Which relates to Nigel Mansell. Star Wars therefore is more of a man thing, so my balls are bigger than yours.

I win!

(note: I'm a total girl i have no balls and I'm petrified of spiders and I think you're great Graham. Don't hurt me!)

Edit. Where it says spiders i originally said strangers. WTF? Waaaaah!

Spiders don't scare me but I hate squishing them. I have to sit down and recover I'm that squeamish, which probably serves me right for murder. And Trek beats Star Wars every time, apart from Princess Leia being way hotter than Captain Janeway. I used to like the Millenium Falcon(?) too.

Don't, its pants. Good CGI. Crap plot, wooden acting and destroys the whole Star Trek canon with its odd departures from 40 years of storylines....

... or maybe I'm an old fart

Yeah you're right. I don't like the new film at all. It's gotten great reviews, which almost always means it's crap. Someone should start a discussion of best Star Trek film. I won't because I don't want to look too geeky, and all I'll say is that Generations is my favourite.

Trekkies are creepy.

Yeah I knew you'd fail the ultimate man test. You're just a big girl's blouse.