Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cristiano84

Kobayashi To Renault?

Yeah I knew you'd fail the ultimate man test. You're just a big girl's blouse.

Would scrap your eyes out for that, but I just painted my nails.

:lol: Steph, you try so hard to sound manly in your list of interests (boxing? Liverpool FC?!) but the genuine article would immediately associate 'Kobayashi' with the one and only Star Trek. As any real man knows, James T. Kirk was the only cadet ever to pass the Kobayashi-Maru no-win scenario at Starfleet Academy, a feat only possible by cheating and reprogramming the exam devised by his later friend Spock. I think most men do actually know that!

Spock only created the test in the J.J. Abrams re-working. The test was devised before Spock ever entered starfleet. Now who's got the big balls? Well, meani and me:

Public health warning - the following post does not mean I am a trekky or a nerd.... er, Eric told me... :)

Paul... sadly in the latest Star Trek, which for brevity I shall call "Star Trek 11 - the Crap One" they messed about with the Star Trek story quite heavily and in this, indeed Spock was supposed to have created Kobayashi Maru. They also made Spock very "dark".

A load of plop, of course. I switched off.

Yup, but as the new film was a clear 'alternate reality', a sort of 'what if', I think it did a damned good job of it. Trek is character-driven and Abrams' team nailed the characters nearly 100%. The only differences (like Kirk agreeing to let the enemy die...the original Kirk would have transported him off his ship to face justice) were well thought out and played nicely with the altered reality. This Kirk was darker without the influence of his real dad to help mould him.

As to 'trekkies', well, I though I was one until I went to a convention. I'm not. I'm a 'big fan of the show' but I don't even approach trekki-hood. I doubt anyone here does as well.

Kobayashi....Cowboyashi to me, would be a good teammate to Kubeetza. I can't wait to see 'em race. Damned fine show that will be.

Public health warning - the following post does not mean I am a trekky or a nerd.... er, Eric told me... :)

Putting words in my mouth? That's dishonesty, Chris, and you know my entire posting career at TF1 has been all about honesty! ;)

Putting words in my mouth? That's dishonesty, Chris, and you know my entire posting career at TF1 has been all about honesty! ;)

:D No, really I am telling the truth - it was the late Eric who told me just before he croaked :)

God I miss that dude.

Shame about the donkey business though :D

Why did Princess Leia smell bad? Because William Shatner.

Chewbacca to Renault.

When I hear Kobayashi, I think of the Asian guy that eats the Nathan's Hot Dogs at the hot dog contest on the 4th of July every year in New York.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with Kobayashi - he's only had 2 races and whilst they were impressive in that he did get a couple of points and he was on the TV cameras for a bit in Brazil while he held off Jenson. But IMO you cant judge a driver by 2 races.

I'd sooner put Fisi back in a Renault!

I agree that people are making a lot of conclusions about Kobayashi early, but then again, why not? Sure, it may be a fluke, but I have more reasons to believe he's the real deal (both of his races) than to believe he is not (neither of his races). I don't see how he could lose what he has shown in 2010, assuming he has a drive. I guess we'll have to give it time, but I'm very interested to see how good Kobayashi could really be.

I think people are getting a bit carried away with Kobayashi - he's only had 2 races and whilst they were impressive in that he did get a couple of points and he was on the TV cameras for a bit in Brazil while he held off Jenson. But IMO you cant judge a driver by 2 races.

You have been away and gone ill in the head.

You're just sore that Cowboyashi made Button look like a rank amateur. Of course you can judge a driver by two races when you consider what that driver did in two races.

You're just sore that Cowboyashi made Button look like a rank amateur. Of course you can judge a driver by two races when you consider what that driver did in two races.

We need Karthikeyan back so they can play Cowboyashis and Indians.

You're just sore that Cowboyashi made Button look like a rank amateur.

*slap* i hope your wife chucks your dinner to the dog. :lol:

But I agree. JB by comparison looked like a lost soul. Brilliance to Koba!

I agree that people are making a lot of conclusions about Kobayashi early, but then again, why not? Sure, it may be a fluke, but I have more reasons to believe he's the real deal (both of his races) than to believe he is not (neither of his races). I don't see how he could lose what he has shown in 2010, assuming he has a drive. I guess we'll have to give it time, but I'm very interested to see how good Kobayashi could really be.

Agreed....

Especially considering how much experience he had before he was given the chance to drive for Toyota....he did his job very well...

What I like about Kobay...

After Brazil a few drivers whinged to the press about Kobay being a bit 'out there'.

The press then asked Kobay if he thought he should tone things down a bit (be less agressive / safer).

Kobay said (I'm paraphrasing) 'What? Why should I? I'm here to win.'

F1 needs more of that and less of the whimpy, pampered F1 drivers with no balls all getting along watching out for each other. It's a race. So race.

What I like about Kobay...

After Brazil a few drivers whinged to the press about Kobay being a bit 'out there'.

The press then asked Kobay if he thought he should tone things down a bit (be less agressive / safer).

Kobay said (I'm paraphrasing) 'What? Why should I? I'm here to win.'

F1 needs more of that and less of the whimpy, pampered F1 drivers with no balls all getting along watching out for each other. It's a race. So race.

ya

Yes. And she fed the dog my roast beef.

I sense a very unsettling euphemism.

Looks a good match.

Sooner have him over most of the candidates:

Heikki Nakajima and co.

Outshone Trulli as well.

I reckon they could give him a 1 year deal fairly cheaply.

So actually she chucked you the dog's dinner.

She never love him long time either.

Love your signature. Sweet!