Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Congrats Kova

Ooh, religion! :drool: The controversial issue that was being missed this off season!

Count me in!

Ok, I'd like to start by saying that KERS is of satanic inspiration. Read your Bibles, gentlemen. It's all there!

"Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly," - 2 Corinthians 10:15

See?

A scary satanic KERS, in literal biblical verse?

Quick, go fetch that nurse, my poetry's getting worse.

(We're a bit short on poetry this off-season too.)

One, two, buckle my shoe.

What are we going to do?

Poetry, check.

Feckity feck.

fixed

I never heard a Team Manager saying they were racing against one of his drivers. Never in my whole life. Even more surprising if you consider what Ron Dennis had been saying about equal treatmet the whole season through.

You can listen to the mp3 attachment for more info.

[EDIT]If it does not work, right click on the attachment and then click on 'save target as...' and open it from your computer[/EDIT]

Ron Dennis, Shanghai 2007: We weren't racing Kimi, we were racing Fernando.

I don't give a tuppeny f*ck what the relationship was like by the time they all got to Shanghai.

I'm asking someone, anyone to provide evidence that Alonso was discriminated against at the point of recruitment at McLaren.

I have not heard one convincing piece of evidence to prove that Ron Dennis was anti-Alonso.

He wasn't anti-Alonso, he was just pro-Hamilton.

Showing your age with the Mary Whitehouse Experience line, - you old fuddy duddy.

I believe the kids today say STFU.

You bin served!

B)

Ah dear twat-face. You make these comments only as you are jealous that someone of my tender years can have such magnificent Connery-esque appeal to the opposite sex. :) (well, when I take the paper bag off my head :) )

I can share my secrets in exchange for a play with your Optimus Prime as long as you spray it with disinfectant first :D

I don't give a tuppeny f*ck what the relationship was like by the time they all got to Shanghai.

I'm asking someone, anyone to provide evidence that Alonso was discriminated against at the point of recruitment at McLaren.

Why would it be such a hidious crime if he did? Every team favours a driver, they just can't say so because of FIA rules.

I might not agree with his choice, but then if he'd backed Alonso, the Hamilton fans would be bitching.

It's just another boo hoo episode about Alonso v Hamilton.

And why are we talking about Alonso again?

**** knows - this thread was about Kovi.

The 'Kovi = the 2nd coming of Alonso' idea is ****ing ridiculous.

Ah dear twat-face. You make these comments only as you are jealous that someone of my tender years can have such magnificent Connery-esque appeal to the opposite sex. :) (well, when I take the paper bag off my head :) )

I can share my secrets in exchange for a play with your Optimus Prime as long as you spray it with disinfectant first :D

what secrets? telling them your handsome friend with the Optimus Prime wants a date and then turning up yourself? the penguin chat up line? beer goggles?

Very bad example - The evidence points towards religion being an irrational/superstitious/unfounded belief system based largely on falsehoods and myths taken from an ancient, uncorroberated and largely disproved text, used by a select few to control and influence the actions of many followers for political and monetary gains, followed by people who must deny numerous, consistent facts obtained by scientific research, that have improved everyone's (including their own) lives immensly. Not only this, but some of the adherants pursue a goal that includes the distruction of huge amounts of knowledge gained over the last few hundred years resulting in a repeat of what happened in the dark ages when people persuing truth were murdered as heretics for their fact-based observations which in some way or another disproved what the 'holy' men were espousing. Furthermore, they would force the rest of humanity to regress to the level of ignorance that they themselves exhibit.

Changed for accuracy...

Changed for accuracy...

That is indeed correct, but the reason I said 'Christianity' in my original post was because I was answering a Jesus crucification metaphor.

Perhaps 'Cristianity and religion in general' would have been a better.

Ho hum.

Wow for once I feel like defending religion. I'm increasingly interested in it. As long as you're careful about it, which most aren't, I think there's a lot to be said for it. Take Buddhism for example. One of its aims is the alleviation of suffering in the world and there's increasing scientific evidence that meditation does indeed help in that regard.

Wow for once I feel like defending religion. I'm increasingly interested in it. As long as you're careful about it, which most aren't, I think there's a lot to be said for it. Take Buddhism for example. One of its aims is the alleviation of suffering in the world and there's increasing scientific evidence that meditation does indeed help in that regard.

again - my original post was about Christianity ;)

I don't give a tuppeny f*ck...

Wa-hey! Bill the Butcher's back in town. :lol:

To answer your question. Can you deny Lewis was the favoured prodigal son?

He proved Mc right in the end though.

Wa-hey! Bill the Butcher's back in town. :lol:

To answer your question. Can you deny Lewis was the favoured prodigal son?

He proved Mc right in the end though.

I think there's a distinct difference between Ron Dennis having personal preferrence for Lewis and giving preferrence to him over Fernando.

Show me a team owner who prefers his slowest driver and I'll show you one who doesn't care.

In the end? The end?

You mean Brazil 2007, don't you?

Pedantic! Same difference, dude.

Dribs- i do think hamilton was slower. But he took more risks. Good on him.

A few random interesting comments:

I wasn't trying to suggest that we all feel the effects of an understeer bias on road, merely that for safety reasons, it is there.

You make it so difficult to argue with you. Damn you.

Button is British, so who knows, may be some lewisterics will switch sides and the violence will come from all angles.

Speaking of this, I'm too lazy to look it up. Are they both English or are we gonna get some regional crap thrown in to it too?

Great observation here. I remember a smattering of British pride when Hamilton won the championship, but when JB won that smattering grew to be thunderous. I even caught an unnamed person saying 'A British champion at last!' when Button won. Just something to ponder.

In your eyes it's all win or shut up. It was much more complex than Alonso should have... but he didn't. I don't put everything down to what you said, there was much more than that but what I said is normaly obviated. Alonso could have won in 2007 and probably would have won in 2008 again but at some stage in McLaren, and mainly Ron Dennis, they would have kill themselves before Alonso could win the title.

Are you a fan of JV? You should be. Did you know that JV, in his second year, faced many of the same problems with his team that you claim Alonso faced at McLaren? The big difference is that JV won the title in spite of his team being for Frentzen. Also, consider that being an F1 champion requires you to deal with all the variables at your disposal, from ingratiating yourself with your team to doing car-set ups to outracing your teammate on-track. Prost was arguably better than Senna in equal equipment, but he managed to get into the good graces of McLaren and Honda better than Prost, giving him the edge. That has always been a key element in being a successful driver. Simply being talented behind the wheel is only a fraction of what's needed.

BBQ's, arm wrestling, whisky and orgies. Do you work for the British government?

I'm emigrating.

Are you a fan of JV? You should be. Did you know that JV, in his second year, faced many of the same problems with his team that you claim Alonso faced at McLaren? The big difference is that JV won the title in spite of his team being for Frentzen. Also, consider that being an F1 champion requires you to deal with all the variables at your disposal, from ingratiating yourself with your team to doing car-set ups to outracing your teammate on-track. Prost was arguably better than Senna in equal equipment, but he managed to get into the good graces of McLaren and Honda better than Prost, giving him the edge. That has always been a key element in being a successful driver. Simply being talented behind the wheel is only a fraction of what's needed.

Was that his 2nd year? I liked JV but I don't think the situation was so similar. I don't remember Frentzen doing what Hamilton did in 2007 against his own team in Monaco and Hungaroring without any measure from the team. Alonso could not beat both Hamilton and Raikkonen because they did a very good Championship, fair enough. But in the end the three of them had a very similar ammount of points.

Raikkonen 110

Hamilton 109

Alonso 109

I don't think Frentzen was as good as Hamilton or Raikkonen. Given the circumstances, what Alonso achieved in 2007 is remarkable. I still can't believe McLaren didn't win anything that year, and I understand Mercedes said enough is enough. My decision making if I had been McLaren's Team Manager would have been different but I can be wrong.

Raikkonen 110

Hamilton 109

Alonso 109

...what Alonso achieved in 2007 is remarkable.

+gazillion over remarkable.

I am in awe of Alonso considering what he had to overcome to finish just one point from Kimi... and, by then, Alonso had won already two WDC's. Before 07, he didn't quite work for me as those two WDC's had their "but's". The first one, Kimi was on a very unreliable car. The second one, Schumacher had it won were not for an engine breakdown in the penultimate GP (while leading the race). But 07, fck it all. Despite the dirty, dishonest, illegal, immoral tricks from RD, Hamilton, tennis dad, FIA, and still be racing in Brazil lap after lap as the WDC... I was stunned.

As I said before, it hurts to say this because I consider Kimi the best and he deserved that WDC, but were it not for team orders at Ferrari forcing Massa to let Kimi pass him, Alonso would've scored his third WDC, that is, based on his _skill_ alone and against incredible odds... for instance, with a car that was at least half a second slower than Hamilton, etc, etc, etc.

Any worthy fan of F1 can see how superhumanly major Alonso's skill and accomplishments are by just taking a look at 07. It's almost like a test. If you can't see it, you are either biased or in denial or ignorant or a combination of these, iow, you are or have made yourself become an F1 turist.

Do tremble now, lewisterics and other Alonso hating species, you guys are royally fcked.

I am in awe of Alonso considering what he had to overcome to finish just one point from Kimi... and, by then, Alonso had won already two WDC's. Before 07, he didn't quite work for me as those two WDC's had their "but's". The first one, Kimi was on a very unreliable car. The second one, Schumacher had it won were not for an engine breakdown in the penultimate GP (while leading the race). But 07, fck it all. Despite the dirty, dishonest, illegal, immoral tricks from RD, Hamilton, tennis dad, FIA, and still be racing in Brazil lap after lap as the WDC... I was stunned.

As I said before, it hurts to say this because I consider Kimi the best and he deserved that WDC, but were it not for team orders at Ferrari forcing Massa to let Kimi pass him, Alonso would've scored his third WDC, that is, based on his _skill_ alone and against incredible odds... for instance, with a car that was at least half a second slower than Hamilton, etc, etc, etc.

Any worthy fan of F1 can see how superhumanly major Alonso's skill and accomplishments are by just taking a look at 07. It's almost like a test. If you can't see it, you are either biased or in denial or ignorant or a combination of these, iow, you are or have made yourself become an F1 turist.

Do tremble now, lewisterics and other Alonso hating species, you guys are royally fcked.

i totally agree with you. Till 2006 even i used to think it was more because of his fast car than his talent. But seeing 2007 all my doubts were cleared. Awesome performance going against everyone. Wish massa had not helped Kimi in the last race and Alonso would have won. But he is still 27 and has enough time to get more WDC's.

Completely agree, not with the last line though.

Although it was about time that Kimi won a WDC (if not 2), that was one year Alonso really deserved it - if you only look on track. Off track, the whole integrity issue would come up. Kimi winning it that season was more like justice being done to 2007.

Yet, I'm glad he won, cos then Jean Todt left and everything got over for Kimi. And like I said, it was about time he became a WDC.

As for the last line, can't say...Its not Alonso, Its Stefano, the whole of team Ferrari thats gone down ever since Todt left. I'm not even sure if they have even figured out 2009 rules and quite frankly they have been doing a lot of arse saving talks lately. Add to that Mclaren, Mercedes and Red Bull. Add to that my personal desire as a Kimi fan to see Ferrari crushed and LDM kicked out :P

Oh and I didnt check the first page, what are we congratulating Kova for? :unsure:Doesn't matter, I guess!

As for the last line, can't say...Its not Alonso, Its Stefano, the whole of team Ferrari thats gone down ever since Todt left. I'm not even sure if they have even figured out 2009 rules and quite frankly they have been doing a lot of arse saving talks lately. Add to that Mclaren, Mercedes and Red Bull.

Schumacher, Todt, Brawn... Very succesful Ferrari team members left in the last few years and Domenicali seems to be a good guy but there's a question mark on him managing the team. Next season will be a very important test for him, specially for him and for Alonso.