Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

The Schumacher Thread

When he was racing I wanted him gone. Now that he's been gone, I have wanted him back. Now that he's back, I'm excited.

Strange world.

Yeah! He's not a racer. He just likes getting bogged down in all the political bollocks. You wait. He'll be leading in Bahrain, but I bet he pulls into the pits and starts slapping up a few Arabs, just for the sake of it. I do hope so.

Who said he's not a racer? I just said he's not a loser, he's back to win. No other reason would have made him race again in F1. I just hope we can have a fantastic Championship without the old wrongdoings from we all know who*.

* No, it's not Schumacher what I was talking about there

When he was racing I wanted him gone. Now that he's been gone, I have wanted him back. Now that he's back, I'm excited.

Strange world.

I want him gone muhwhahahahahahahaha :ph34r:

* joking

Right - it's off to the quiet corner for you Steven and you will jolly well stay there until you bring something other than your Schumi fan book, Schumi stiker album and Autographed Schumi Prosthetic Chin for show and tell.

Fine! (How about a Schumi duvet, curtain and lampshade matching set?)

Strange world.

Not strange in our world, Mikey boy!

Fine! (How about a Schumi duvet, curtain and lampshade matching set?)

Right! That does it!

Take a trip to the headmaster's office. Here's a hall pass, but I DO NOT want to catch you running down the corridor pretending its Eau Rouge again!

*holds head in hands*

In the "Things ain't what they used to be" department, apparently not all is well at the magic kingdom:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155603/1/schumacher_f1_signing_slammed_by_mercedes_board.html

Just think: If Norbert Haug had engineered the return of M.S. to a Mercedes car two years ago for the then paltry sum of 7 million Euros he would have been given a parade.

In the "Things ain't what they used to be" department, apparently not all is well at the magic kingdom:

http://www.crash.net...edes_board.html

Just think: If Norbert Haug had engineered the return of M.S. to a Mercedes car two years ago for the then paltry sum of 7 million Euros he would have been given a parade.

Yep. Read that myself too. Guess we know how much was too little for Jenson too.

Guess though that MS might attract a 7mil a year sponsor though, whereas Jense probably wouldn't.

http://www.crash.net...edes_board.html

Crash.net.......hmm......do I believe it or not...to believe it or not to believe it. Decisions, decisions........ :eusa_think:

Oh what the heck, it's crash, it's bound to be *******s!

Seriously though, I'd be very suprised if Mercedes, a German team, were actually complaining about signing up the most successful German driver the sport has ever seen. Utter disgrace. I hear Piquet is available, you know?

Actually the board is not very fond of the whole F1 idea. Crash is right on on this one.

I think the one thing people have forgotten in this whole uproar of cheers and jeers is that Mercedes made an absolutely brilliant move. Not only did they get themselves a great driver, but most importantly, they probably got the greatest tester in the history of F1. With so little testing during the season who better than Schumi to develop a car. If schumi puts as much effort into Mercedes as he did at Ferrari in 96 then I have to tip them for the WCC this year.

The only problem I have now with schumi back is that I want him to win the WDC but I still want Ferrari to win every race and the WCC. Oh the curse of being a Ferrari tifosi and a German schumi fan. Still, the best news for a long time

The only problem I have now with schumi back is that I want him to win the WDC but I still want Ferrari to win every race and the WCC. Oh the curse of being a Ferrari tifosi and a German schumi fan. Still, the best news for a long time

I have the very same problem! :P

Crash.net.......hmm......do I believe it or not...to believe it or not to believe it. Decisions, decisions........ :eusa_think:

Oh what the heck, it's crash, it's bound to be *******s!

Seriously though, I'd be very suprised if Mercedes, a German team, were actually complaining about signing up the most successful German driver the sport has ever seen. Utter disgrace. I hear Piquet is available, you know?

Before trashing a source, you might want to look around a bit and make sure said source is actually wrong. In this case, crash.net is correct and you look foolish.

Mercedes are complaining over nothing; 7 mil is chump-change for what they're getting. To put it into perspective, 7 mil was about a fourth of what he was getting at Ferrari a few years back. The cars alone cost in excess of 100 mil over a season (I think...correct me if I'm wrong). Merc is being absurd.

Right! That does it!

Take a trip to the headmaster's office. Here's a hall pass, but I DO NOT want to catch you running down the corridor pretending its Eau Rouge again!

*holds head in hands*

Sorry, I can't help running. Gotta love the fact the architect was a petrol head.

Sorry, I can't help running.

That should be 'can't help dribbling' surely.

Either way there's stuff to help with that, just mind the toilet seat and make sure you clean yourself properly afterwards.

You miss the point Adam..

Schumacher has been by far the most exciting driver to watch in F1 over the last decade at least. It's that fact which makes me a follower, and I dare say dribs too. He is someone who always always tried his darndest to win - putting in extra testing hours for Ferrari when it was allowed and when they were struggling, trying to pass on any bloody track if he had the chance, not willing to give an inch - remember his insane performance at Hungary, 2006 was it, the year Jenson won? What it brings to us the armchair viewers is some unbelievable performances, and eager anticipation for what he will do - I don't think there isn't a genuine fan who wasn't salivating at the prospect of him starting form the back at Monaco for example when he was punished. He is also not afraid to look silly - a rare quality today. That is why when the car isn't that good, like in 2005, he will go that extra length to try and push it to the limit, or crash out trying. He doesn't just want to win, he will try to whatever car he has on the day. It's the spirit that we all loved in Kobayashi for example. Other drivers on the grid have shown glimpses of it - Kimi in the days when he actually cared, Massa on the right track on the right day, Alonso when he isn't fighting imaginary demons, Button at his best (one of the reasons I enjoyed Button's performance last year, and why, when he said on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago that he is a better driver than he was on the show last time, I believed him). He is the guy who would do crazy times in practice, then try to go faster, crash and walk out with the half smirk half smile on his face.

In terms of sporting spectacles, not much comes close..

And it doesn't matter how well he does next year. Only a moron would think he would do horribly of course. Something that has surprisingly escaped comment is how willing Brawn was to hire him, after 3 years out of the sport, at 41, without even a test drive. And for people who say he has his reputation to lose if he isn't as good as the best today, well, you're bloody idiots. If you want to measure his reputation, 1991-2006 is enough to do your 'measurements', anyone who isn't convinced won't ever be. 2010 doesn't mean much to what he did earlier - not that it will stop the morons with their '2010 proves that he only won when he had the best car blabla' posts.

No driver in the time I have watched F1 has had that kind of desire or kept it going for so long.

F*cking inspiring. Thank you.

..... In terms of sporting spectacles, not much comes close..

And it doesn't matter how well he does next year. Only a moron would think he would do horribly of course. Something that has surprisingly escaped comment is how willing Brawn was to hire him, after 3 years out of the sport, at 41, without even a test drive. And for people who say he has his reputation to lose if he isn't as good as the best today, well, you're bloody idiots. If you want to measure his reputation, 1991-2006 is enough to do your 'measurements', anyone who isn't convinced won't ever be. 2010 doesn't mean much to what he did earlier - not that it will stop the morons with their '2010 proves that he only won when he had the best car blabla' posts.

No driver in the time I have watched F1 has had that kind of desire or kept it going for so long.

Well I agree, I think.

2010 should be better for him being there.

But a small part of me worries that he will come back in and maybe not find it as easy. Age and 3 years out changes you. There's a lot more competition both in terms of cars' and drivers' relative performances.

Nor am I certain that the Brawn/MGP will be the fastest package.

Whilst I am glad he is coming back - should make for good racing, part of me thinks maybe he should have gone out on his high.....

Aye. But he didn't really. Alonso won that year......

I guess for him, its where his heart really lies. As someone pointed out, he can either go the way of Mansell or the way of Lauda. We'll soon see.

To the doubting Thomases - Schumi will be as brilliant as ever, his reflexes / driving skills not withered in the slightest. His phenomenal physical fitness ensures that.

Not so. Age does take it's toll and reflexes will dull despite any physical training. Fortunately, Mikey's brilliance isn't dependent on reflexes. He has good arse-feel*.

*Defined as the ability to feel what the car under him is doing, from the wheels up through the suspension and chassis to the comfy seat and right into his arse.

--From a dusty 3rd edition of 'Racing Terms Your Mother Should Know' found somewhere in the kids section of the Vatican bookstore.

Here 's my 2cts!!

Good on him to come back!

He will remove all doubt the Ferrari fans, like me, had since 2006, about whether his retirement was premature and he could still be the "hero" he once was.

Having said that, I believe the majority of Ferrari fans felt really strange about him filling in for FM in the summer, when it was first announced! It didn't happen but it had a considerable impact! It felt as if F1 was going back in time in a glorious age and the "king" was back!

He earned that "title", since, concerning the Ferrari fans who used to watch F1 before he went to Ferrari, like me, he was the guy to bring the team to the front of the grid and help us make fun of our fellow F1 followers who supported other teams, after years of humiliation!!

However, he chose to leave Ferrari and come back in action with Mercedes, generally considered Ferrari's arch-rivals.

As a Ferrari fan, I consider the Schumacher chapter closed and in the past. I didn't feel like that a few weeks ago, when he was well settled in the team!

So, what I'm trying to say is that I really hope he gets his B### kicked by FM and FA, but I 'll probably be happy to see him finishing 3rd and maybe a win or two!

Bye-bye Schumi!!!

(My sig needs some editing as well!!)

I fine post. I am amused at how Mikey's return has culled the Tifosi herd.

Schumacher has been by far the most exciting driver to watch in F1 over the last decade at least. It's that fact which makes me a follower, and I dare say dribs too. He is someone who always always tried his darndest to win - putting in extra testing hours for Ferrari when it was allowed and when they were struggling, trying to pass on any bloody track if he had the chance, not willing to give an inch - remember his insane performance at Hungary, 2006 was it, the year Jenson won? What it brings to us the armchair viewers is some unbelievable performances, and eager anticipation for what he will do - I don't think there isn't a genuine fan who wasn't salivating at the prospect of him starting form the back at Monaco for example when he was punished. He is also not afraid to look silly - a rare quality today. That is why when the car isn't that good, like in 2005, he will go that extra length to try and push it to the limit, or crash out trying. He doesn't just want to win, he will try to whatever car he has on the day. It's the spirit that we all loved in Kobayashi for example. Other drivers on the grid have shown glimpses of it - Kimi in the days when he actually cared, Massa on the right track on the right day, Alonso when he isn't fighting imaginary demons, Button at his best (one of the reasons I enjoyed Button's performance last year, and why, when he said on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago that he is a better driver than he was on the show last time, I believed him). He is the guy who would do crazy times in practice, then try to go faster, crash and walk out with the half smirk half smile on his face.

F*cking brilliant post. I retract all the things I've said about you not having any sort of feeling for the sport and beg your pardon. Seriously.

Let me explain why you missed the point entirely...

This...

Has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I actually agree with everything you wrote here. It's an impassioned, well written homage to one of the best F1 drivers ever.

I'm actually really happy to see Schumi back (I never said I wasn't), I'm think he'll do pretty damn well, even win the WDC (depending slightly on what Merc produce).

But here's how badly you missed the point.

If I made an impassioned post on behalf of starving African children with aids and made out that you hated them and wanted them all dead, it would have the same ammount of relevance as your diatribe above.

Dribs and I were discussing the difference in support for driver or team. (I support neither and was simply pointing out the flaw in his argument.)

So next time you make such a lovely post, please read what people are writing first. Don't just see 'Schumi fan disagrees with non-Schumi fan' and weigh in with some silly rant about how brilliant Schumi is.

Dribs - to his credit, understood my point and answered acceptably.

I'll finish with this...

Schumi is brilliant, I can't believe you hate him and starving African children with aids so much - you monster you.:P

Cue Quiet One..

Let me explain why you missed the point entirely...

This...

Has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I actually agree with everything you wrote here. It's an impassioned, well written homage to one of the best F1 drivers ever.

I'm actually really happy to see Schumi back (I never said I wasn't), I'm think he'll do pretty damn well, even win the WDC (depending slightly on what Merc produce).

But here's how badly you missed the point.

If I made an impassioned post on behalf of starving African children with aids and made out that you hated them and wanted them all dead, it would have the same ammount of relevance as your diatribe above.

Dribs and I were discussing the difference in support for driver or team. (I support neither and was simply pointing out the flaw in his argument.)

So next time you make such a lovely post, please read what people are writing first. Don't just see 'Schumi fan disagrees with non-Schumi fan' and weigh in with some silly rant about how brilliant Schumi is.

Dribs - to his credit, understood my point and answered acceptably.

I'll finish with this...

Schumi is brilliant, I can't believe you hate him and starving African children with aids so much - you monster you.:P

Cue Quiet One..

I...errr...uhmmm...2008 spec rear wing? Monty? Witness X?

Zing? :unsure:

I can't believe it. I have to be in the Gold Coast during the Melbourne GP for work committments. Can't get out of it. FML.

I...errr...uhmmm...2008 spec rear wing? Monty? Witness X?

Zing? :unsure:

any and all of the above ;)

I don't remember what I was replying to either :P And I can't be bothered going back and trying to figure it out.

never mind :D

go schumi yay!

Mikey's brilliance isn't dependent on reflexes. He has good arse-feel*.

*Defined as the ability to feel what the man under him is doing, from the feet up through the legs and spine to the comfy buttock and right into his arse.

Sorry, I watched Brokeback last night. Where the hell is Ben, anyway?

I fine post. I am amused at how Mikey's return has culled the Tifosi herd.

I wish I could respond using cowboy jokes but it's out of my league :lol: !

Well, MS's and Ferrari's fans were a nice big family for a long time so it's not easy to tell them apart.

I believe after the first couple of races this whole thing will clear up!

Definitely an interesting situation!