Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elgo

Who Would You Hire

Following the discussion on 'Is Button a worthy champ' thread.

So, you're buying an F1 team, and you have to hire 2 drivers+ a test driver.All of them are available and willing to work for you (Yeah,you can count Ralfie too.)

Who would you hire?

Team name?Car colours? :D

Alonso and Kubica.

Alonso because he is the best,although not better than Grawhasoufhaw.

And Kubica.Because of the brilliant 2009 year BMW had people have forgotten about his potential.I still rate him avobe many many drivers. Next options would be Hamilton and Vettel,in that order.

And test driver...Schumi. Good technical feedback and hard working.

Drivers: Schumacher and Alonso

Team name: JHSRacing

Colours: Duck egg blue with an orange stripe (Gulf livery!)

Test driver: Alvaro Parente (I just like him :P)

Team: Asno Autosport

Driver A: Sebastian Vettel...he gets the job done very well and he's not an asswipe about it. He may not bring the experience and championships others bring, but he has so much potential and a lot more WDCs left to win in his career (I'm skepitcal about Schumi or Alonso being able to deliver anymore, and while LH can, I'd hate to be his employer).

Driver B: Rubens Barrichello...poor old Rubens. The perfect number two only because he's the best you can possibly be while still not being good enough to be number one. I'd be nicer to him, though. No clear number two status. He's a nice guy, too, even if he complains a bit.

Test: Daniel Ricciardo...don't care that he can't give good feedback; I'd be snatching this kid before anyone else possibly could. Get him experience, Ruby can give feedback.

Driver Developmet: He's older, but I'd give Adam Carroll a chance because he'sa good guy with some talent, and I'd take a risk on Roberto Merhibecause I think he could have potential in the future.

Enginer: Mercedes...it's the best one.

Livery: Whatever the sponsors want.

I would hire Danica Patrick and Milka Duno and Sara Fisher as a test driver.

:lol: Danica's not the only one NASCAR-bound...Milka's headed over too (and Sarah tried it a few years ago).

As for your pics, this picture of Danica is way better, and that's a really, really old picture of Sarah, who is one of the classiest people in all of motorsport (though not F1 material based on driving skill or fitness).

If you're going for the all-woman thing, at least get Simona de Silvestro in as a young driver for the future (she's 21). She may not be the most attractive (but then again, I don't find the three you mentioned to be :P), but she won four races in Formula Atlantic (where Gilles and Jacques got their start) last year and had the championship until she was taken out of the last race. Unfortunately, the Atlantic Championship failed to pay the $1,000,000 prize to the champion, $500,000 to P2, and $250,000 to P3; money Simona was going to use to go to Formula 2 or another European series. So now she's headed to IndyCar and her career as an F1 prospect is over (though I suppose it was when she got a GP2 test in 2006 having only ever driven in FBMW USA and she wasn't really impressive). Sad days; she's one of the nicest people in the paddock.

:lol: Danica's not the only one NASCAR-bound...Milka's headed over too (and Sarah tried it a few years ago).

As for your pics, this picture of Danica is way better, and that's a really, really old picture of Sarah, who is one of the classiest people in all of motorsport (though not F1 material based on driving skill or fitness).

If you're going for the all-woman thing, at least get Simona de Silvestro in as a young driver for the future (she's 21). She may not be the most attractive (but then again, I don't find the three you mentioned to be :P), but she won four races in Formula Atlantic (where Gilles and Jacques got their start) last year and had the championship until she was taken out of the last race. Unfortunately, the Atlantic Championship failed to pay the $1,000,000 prize to the champion, $500,000 to P2, and $250,000 to P3; money Simona was going to use to go to Formula 2 or another European series. So now she's headed to IndyCar and her career as an F1 prospect is over (though I suppose it was when she got a GP2 test in 2006 having only ever driven in FBMW USA and she wasn't really impressive). Sad days; she's one of the nicest people in the paddock.

You'll be the team manager and I agree with your view talk to Simona and give her the contract and move Milka to the test role but for now at least Danica has her seat granted.

I personally met a driver/instructor of the Formula Atlantic called Victor Gonzalez he is a very fast driver who is still partnering Manen Mendez in DR sometimes this is the guy. it looks like everybody is trying Nascar

PS. I don't like that picture :angry: and she is going to do a great job at Nascar.

Great thread!

My first driver would be Lewis. My second would be Fernando. This is assuming their previous relationship never happened and we could start afresh. Because I genuinely believe them to be the best pair of drivers on the current grid, including Michael. Having said that, I would give the old man a job as test driver. He could develop a car beautifully and there would be no excuse for Lewis and Fernando not being able to match his test times.

My cars would be white with the Union flag running over the body. My team would be called Top Step Racing.

You'll be the team manager and I agree with your view talk to Simona and give her the contract and move Milka to the test role but for now at least Danica has her seat granted.

I personally met a driver/instructor of the Formula Atlantic called Victor Gonzalez he is a very fast driver who is still partnering Manen Mendez in DR sometimes this is the guy. it looks like everybody is trying Nascar

PS. I don't like that picture :angry: and she is going to do a great job at Nascar.

There would not be any problems selling sponsorship for that team! Go for an all-female pit crew, too. It's been done in stock cars.

I remember V

Hmm, maybe she should try excessive tanning so she sort of matches the livery on her car! :P

Hmm, maybe she should try excessive tanning so she sort of matches the livery on her car! :P

:lol: I think she should just focus on getting a helmet to match the livery! Admittedly, though, there's something cute about a 4'11" 100-lb girl driving a 3,600-lb tank and whopping Joonyer and Tony Stewart's asses. Her helmet does make me laugh, though. Her body looks too small to support it! Better that, though, than look like Monty...

Driver 1.

Jenson Button

Jens is hardworking, dedicated and likes harmony in the team. He never bitches. As a world champion there's room still for improvement but his style still carries him through. Jeez, feel like I'm writing a school report.

Driver 2

James Rossiter

Rossiter is naturally gifted and would most likely give Jens a run for his money. However, he is keen to iron out his glitches and could quite become a favourite.

Test driver:

Anthony Davidson.

Team Principal

Gil de Ferran

Owner

Steph Clark

Name

Lotus-Clark Racing (as in me, not jim!)

Sponsors

Repsol, PS3, Elf, HMV

I would hire Danica Patrick and Milka Duno and Sara Fisher as a test driver.

:lol:

I'd pair Lewis with Alonso, just so he can beat him again. Not really, I just agree with Mr Dribs, even having Schumi as test driver. The main thing is everything else though imho. Running a good team is about having an effective set of businessmen, lawyers and engineers mainly.

Oh and livery would be chromed out black, with red trim (white for nite racing). The rear wing would be white with chequered flags on.

Team Name: Rayones Racing

Driver 1: Vettel I think he can win many WDC very fast and very quiet

Driver 2: Massa very fast I don't think he is good enought to be WDC but will push Vettel to be faster every race. very good teamate

test driver: teh best would be Schumi, but he never will be only test driver so I think Fisico will be a good test driver

LIvery: bright Orange with Silver I love those Spykers

Mario

There would not be any problems selling sponsorship for that team! Go for an all-female pit crew, too. It's been done in stock cars.

I remember Víctor González. He was the guy everyone on the NASCAR forum was trying to figure out who he was! He finished in the top 15 in his first NASCAR race, if I recall correctly.

I can't wait to see how Danica does, honestly. I'm not a big fan of hers, but it's really interesting, and I'm going to watch some of her races just to see. I hope she opens doors for drivers like Alli Owens and Chrissy Wallace, who may not have the looks like Danica, but are working hard to break into stock car racing and have shown some potential. I think Danica can do well at races like Daytona, Talladega, Fontana, and Michigan. I also think she'd be fine at Indianapolis if she were ever to run Cup there; Montoya, Mears, and Stewart all had IndyCar experience there and all have had success in stock cars there. I wouldn't even be surprised if Danica did well on the road courses, too. Many of the drivers in Nationwide have no road course experience and Danica has had some good runs on roadies in IndyCar (Long Beach 2009 was one of them, and she's had some podiums at places like Belle Isle, and always runs well at Infineon) and Atlantics.

I like her new livery, too.

Now I like her even more knowing that she would be driving an Impala just like me :P I feel closer to her day by day. :wub:

I can't way for those races to start there are a lot of guys who will be very angry if she is beating them.

Team Name: Renault F1

1st.Driver: Alonso (no use in picking any less than the best)

2nd.Driver: Nelsinho Piquet :what: I mean, the guy was willing to crash into a wall! What more can you ask from a number 2 driver?

Test driver: Romain Grosjean (When you get blamed for hiring Nelsinho, you can always count on Romain to make Nelsinho, and therefore your decision, look good)

Owners: Moi and Cameron D

I took care of that already here is my chosen pit crew

Vettel & Hamilton

hungry young drivers with enough experience to develop a half decent car andd both hard working types.

both able to get the best out of substandard car too (which is what they'll get from my crackp team of designers.

hamilton's dad is banned from the garage, thus ensuring that vettel doesn't have to put up with too much Sh#t - he's easy going enough to deal with that anywho.

hamilton himself has matured this season, shame daddy hasn't.

this is a brand new team so...

no Alonso - don't know who to partner him with, and he'd have a tricky time adjusting from 2 years in renault. if this were 2008 I'd snap him up, but not now.

no Kubica - similar story.

the teams name is..

STFU (strags team of fantastic uber-racers)

our main sponsor is...

lillets

Drivers: Alonso & Webber

Team name: Panthers Racing

Colours: Black, Teal, Purple

Test driver: Who cares, they don't do anything anymore.

Depends on the target. For serious challenger team I would hire Alonso and Sutil and Webber as test driver; for a mid qualifying team, Kubica and Kobashayi and Fisichella as a test driver; for a Toro Roso-esque team heidfeld + Buemi and trulli as a tester.

Name? Fangio Sport

Colors? Blue+silver and yellow

Location? Brands Hatch (improoved)