Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Kimi To Rbr In 2011. Seems Far More Credible Now Than Ever

So Kimi's doing Rally for Citroen and RBR in 2010. Today I've read on quite a few sites, articles that Webber will be replaced by Kimi in 2011. Interesting. We've heard this before some time ago. Dr Helmut Marko was quoted as saying "Raikkonen is going to drive the rallies in 2010, and what happens after that, we will see." Yet Marko also stated it was "pure rumour" that Kimi would be replacing Webber. That doesn't mean he's denying it, but on a black/white level at this very present point in time, he could make a statement like that. So in one sense it looks completely a possibility, it's then negated by him saying it's pure rumor. Notice he didn't say Webber was under contract with RRB which we know he isn't for 2011. So he's right, they can indeed see what happens. Most likely it all depends on Kimi himself. If he wants to come back to F1 it certainly looks like he's got the connections to do so.

Then in Kimi's own words "As things stand now, I could back in an F1 c#ckpit at any time. But do I want it?" So another clue as to Kimi's mindset. I don't doubt he could get back into F1 at anytime, and after he said "Maybe I'm going to the Monaco Grand Prix for fun,", just think how awesome it would be if he did a banzai move and drove at SPA instead.

Kimi's pick for 2011? Why it's Vettel of course! In his own words...

"I don't know what Ferrari's plans are. Mercedes will probably have a good car, so will McLaren. Red Bull Racing probably will too, so I'm going to have to award the title based on who I like: Sebastian Vettel - he's so down to earth."

"With Vettel soon relocating to the area of Switzerland in which R

Kimi's Sh#t. He is trying to disguise the fact that no decent team wants him right now because he gives the impression he doesn't give a Sh#t. It's just all bravado, I sense a lot of insecurity behind it all. Here's a man who had it all and blew it. The lesser talented Massa has usurped him because he cares.

Has Kimi met a certain Mr. Jackass VileNerve? HE should. They have a lot in common. Strangely deluded fans for one.

This is the guy who supposedly scared Schumacher out of F1 :lol:

Santander will buy RBR so he cannot race (let's not forget that, apparently, right now Santander is the most powerful force on earth when it comes to selecting drivers)

I don't know..Personally I think Kimi's found the right place in WRC and F1 might be a step down for him.He won't be doing any wonders this year, he'll just learn, so I guess in 2011, with better knowledge, he'd be much more excited about competing in WRC than in F1.

Kimi is never coming back. He will happily race in WRC, then move onto something else. It would nice to see him try the Peugeot 908 at Le Mans this year. Loeb is already confirmed as one of the drivers. It could be possible with the Citroen-Peugeot Connection!

Webber's not the best in the world but at least he is fast and hardworking. To replace him with Kimi would be a crime.

Villeneuve, Ralf Schumacher, Kimi, Anthony Davison, Sato, Sebastien Bourdais, Christian Klien and Justin Wilson should start their own series racing disabled buggies and allow actual disabled people to compete against them. Maybe when they are beaten, the penny will drop and they will go away.

Villeneuve, Ralf Schumacher, Kimi, Anthony Davison, Sato, Sebastien Bourdais, Christian Klien and Justin Wilson

This confirms it...Schumachers fans have lost it after his return.

Kimi is a prick. Doing all WRC rounds except NZ...fricking finnish fishpole w#nker..... :P :P

Would have enjoyed standing on a hill, in the rain, next to a gravel road, watching him blast by for two seconds....

PS the above post in no way should be considered as my disliking of Kimi. He's just a prick. :P

And if you think about it, a bit of a hero too...he's the first driver in eons that raced a car other than an F1, whilst being an F1 driver, during the F1 season. And sadly, probably the last for ages too.

PS the above post in no way should be considered as my disliking of Kimi. He's just a prick. :P

And if you think about it, a bit of a hero too...he's the first driver in eons that raced a car other than an F1, whilst being an F1 driver, during the F1 season. And sadly, probably the last for ages too.

Well don't be sad ...There's Robert Kubica!

Well, the Renault will be another tractor this season, so I guess he can claim he's tractor racing

Well, the Renault will be another tractor this season, so I guess he can claim he's tractor racing

Careful there...don't mess with Renault! Or I will buy you a ticket for the Singapore GP...right in front of the wall at turn 17...

I heard John Deere was going to replace USF1 on the grid...specifically to race against Renault, and Renault only.....

2007Formula One Champion Kimi Raikkonen, who has left the Scuderia Ferrarifor Citroens Junior Team admits that to him a WRC title would mean morethan his 2007 F1 title. Raikkonen spent nine seasons in F1 with threeteams, and at last captured the title within his first year at Ferrari.

When asked by the 'Red Bulletin' publication what a WRC title wouldmean, the Finn answered, "More than my F1 world championship title."

Raikkonen also added this about the pinnacle ofmotorsports, "In F1 too many things overshadow the racing. There is toomuch politics. No-one says what he thinks because he is afraid thingsare taken out of context. The atmosphere in rally is much nicer. It'smore about the performance of drivers."

He also admits that acquiring a future race seat in F1 would be possible, while adding, "But do I want it?"

===========================

A bit more from F1 Technical site above....interesting comment about the championship.

2007Formula One Champion Kimi Raikkonen, who has left the Scuderia Ferrarifor Citroens Junior Team admits that to him a WRC title would mean morethan his 2007 F1 title. Raikkonen spent nine seasons in F1 with threeteams, and at last captured the title within his first year at Ferrari.

When asked by the 'Red Bulletin' publication what a WRC title wouldmean, the Finn answered, "More than my F1 world championship title."

Raikkonen also added this about the pinnacle ofmotorsports, "In F1 too many things overshadow the racing. There is toomuch politics. No-one says what he thinks because he is afraid thingsare taken out of context. The atmosphere in rally is much nicer. It'smore about the performance of drivers."

He also admits that acquiring a future race seat in F1 would be possible, while adding, "But do I want it?"

===========================

A bit more from F1 Technical site above....interesting comment about the championship.

Keeping in mind that for himi to become 2007's WDC a lot of almost impossible things had to happen, and they only happened thanks to Maclaren's team and drivers stupidity, I think that even winning $50 at the Lotto would mean more than that WDC :whistling:

Why, Sir! :angry: I challenge thee to pistols at dawn....I. must. defend. Brad's. honour.

(Pssst....me thinks his icecream meant more)

Kimi's Sh#t. He is trying to disguise the fact that no decent team wants him right now because he gives the impression he doesn't give a Sh#t. It's just all bravado, I sense a lot of insecurity behind it all. Here's a man who had it all and blew it. The lesser talented Massa has usurped him because he cares.

I would not say Massa is very much less tallented but you make a good point. Its not he who dares wins. Its he who cares wins.

Did someone say Ice-cream? :D

Nah, Kimi was good in 2007.. but for half a year >.< Gotta face it, he's just very irregular. But a great half year :D Wish him well over there in WRC. And I don't believe anything until I see him dressed in F1 overalls again, so hold your horses for now XD

Careful there...don't mess with Renault! Or I will buy you a ticket for the Singapore GP...right in front of the wall at turn 17...

Oops - my bad...wasn't a tractor afterall...

Maybe if motor vehicles did look like that, people would be too afraid to do stupid things such as texting while smoking and eating a donut and drinking a cup of coffee and trying to lick their elbow and changing the radio station and trying to find a way to rear-end themselves so to speak now that they've proven they have such massive genitals by driving like an a##hole.

I guess that's hopeless. I haven't driven since August and I don't really feel to eager to change that.

Oh, Kimi. Sometimes he drove in F1 as if he were doing all those things. Other times he didn't. I'm too biased against him to give a fair assessment, but his time has come and gone. He was good enough to win more than one, but he didn't, and there's no point and coming back and wasting a seat. When you leave, you leave. It's time for new drivers, new talents, new things to whine about. No sense in defaulting back to the old over and over again when "those were the good old days" when in reality, every present day is the "good old days" to somebody young and exciting like myself.

"No one is wiling to say what they think in public because they are afraid it will be taken out of context."

Quite true. Personally, I don't see him in Red Bull in 2011, but anyway, it's ages away. We have 2010 to concentrate on first.

Personally, the comment "I might come back at Monaco" to me was as a spectator. I very much doubt he'd make a one off appearance in the car anytime this year. Besides, he's not a nominated reserve driver for any team and even if a driver was to be injured or sit-out or whatever (which I believe sitting out one race for no reason is against the rules anyway) so yeah, I don't think it'll happen. I like Kimi, but I don't see him back in F1 anytime.

Eric.....you need a hobby mate. I couldn't spot one there in your interests.

:lol: I "work" Mondays (by work I mean I volunteer to talk to students about BIG issues that face REAL people JUST LIKE THEM), so that's my excuse to do nothing else in my freetime ever.