Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Kimi To Rbr In 2011. Seems Far More Credible Now Than Ever

:lol: I "work" Mondays (by work I mean I volunteer to talk to students about BIG issues that face REAL people JUST LIKE THEM), so that's my excuse to do nothing else in my freetime ever.

Say...you didn't mention them my little impotence problem, did you? Because I wouln't like everybody knowing about...ooops.

Santander will buy RBR so he cannot race (let's not forget that, apparently, right now Santander is the most powerful force on earth when it comes to selecting drivers)

I went to Santander once. It was dull.

Keeping in mind that for himi to become 2007's WDC a lot of almost impossible things had to happen, and they only happened thanks to Maclaren's team and drivers stupidity, I think that even winning $50 at the Lotto would mean more than that WDC :whistling:

:lol: He does sound pretty bitter doesn't he "F1 sucks but I could be back there any day I want coz I am so awesome". Kimi is the new JV :D

Some interesting replies to my initial post. I am of course a Kimi fan. And second only to Schumi, Kimi was still the most popular F1 driver. But in this thread you'd think he was Nelsino JR or something lol.

I find it staggering that Kimi's "determination" to win or not win is what drives peoples opinion of him. If that were the case, Alonso didn't exactly do any better than Kimi over the past 2 years did he. And I don't see anyone stating he doesn't deserve his Ferrari seat. Look at Button's BAR/Honda years. They were shockingly bad. Yet he won last years WDC.

The guy coming last can be just as determined and motivated as the guy coming first. 2009 of all years is proof beyond any shadow of a doubt, that in todays F1, it is all about the CAR and not the driver. I'm not denigrating Button by saying that. He deserved his WDC. But if you look at Button's career, then couldn't this same argument apply... that he simply wasn't determined or focused or gave a crap enough to win?

It almost seems PC to slag off Kimi. And rehash speculations that he wasn't determined enough. One of the members here posted a very excellent rebuttal of all this, quoting many sources saying how Kimi was excellent at car feedback... how they couldn't believe he was getting more performance out of a car than was thought possible. A determined driver never gives up. Take Nurburgring in 2005. Kimi the magnificent. I mean what else can you say. What about the Brazilian GP this year. Kimi had race fuel in his eye, was engulfed in flames, and yet raced on to finish 6th.

As far as peoples thinking Kimi is bitter. I'm sure he wasn't pleased to have lost his Ferrari seat. We are all human so anyone of us, would probably feel some degree of disappointment etc. Out of any driver in F1 of recent years, the ones who seem to offer the best insights and thoughts have been DC, Irvine, JV and Kimi. Some waffle more than others, but every single one of Kimi's comments towards the end of the season ended up being true didn't it. His comments about Santander's involvement with Ferrari affecting his seat. Or stating Brawn would be running with an all German crew. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that also shows he's got a good record for speaking his mind, and also telling things as they are. Ironic when some peoples perceptions of him when it comes to interviews, the media etc., of him being cold, uninteresting and boring. Heck I'd rather spend a day with Kimi than any other driver around. How could you not after his epic walking to a yacht in Monaco in his race suit lol, or his ice cream eating, and the awesome gorilla suit raceboat thing.

Anyway, I will miss Kimi and wish him the best in WRC. I know I'll be tuning in, and I havn't done that since the very early 00's when McRae was racing those epic Focus cars.

But I still hope he makes a return to F1 in 2011. Fingers crossed anyway, and as in my first post, there is certainly alot of smoke about Kimi to RBR in 2011.

Look at Button's BAR/Honda years. They were shockingly bad.

Huh? Button did pretty well at BAR/Honda.

The guy coming last can be just as determined and motivated as the guy coming first.

I don't think it takes rocket science to figure out that Kimi wasn't motivated at all in his last season and that his motivation has been going down for a while.

I think you have to look at Kimi for who and what he is. He is a component of the car. The driver, and a damn good one. Give him a competitive car and he'll drive the tit's off it. Give him Sh#t, and he'll drive it to it's potential.

Other drivers, like a Prost, or a Senna, or a M Schumacher have been able to take it just a little bit further - understand the game better, get more from a dog, ask more of the team and get it in response.

Kimi was not motivated in 09 as the Ferrari was a pig. He actually drove it pretty well throughout the season, but it was never a contender. We all poked fun at the ice cream thing, but honestly, we all knew that the race wasn't starting again.

Best of luck to him in WRC. He gave us all some good memories through his time in F1, both on the track, and when taking a Sh#t. :P

Some interesting replies to my initial post. I am of course a Kimi fan. And second only to Schumi, Kimi was still the most popular F1 driver. But in this thread you'd think he was Nelsino JR or something lol.

I find it staggering that Kimi's "determination" to win or not win is what drives peoples opinion of him. If that were the case, Alonso didn't exactly do any better than Kimi over the past 2 years did he. And I don't see anyone stating he doesn't deserve his Ferrari seat. Look at Button's BAR/Honda years. They were shockingly bad. Yet he won last years WDC.

The guy coming last can be just as determined and motivated as the guy coming first. 2009 of all years is proof beyond any shadow of a doubt, that in todays F1, it is all about the CAR and not the driver. I'm not denigrating Button by saying that. He deserved his WDC. But if you look at Button's career, then couldn't this same argument apply... that he simply wasn't determined or focused or gave a crap enough to win?

It almost seems PC to slag off Kimi. And rehash speculations that he wasn't determined enough. One of the members here posted a very excellent rebuttal of all this, quoting many sources saying how Kimi was excellent at car feedback... how they couldn't believe he was getting more performance out of a car than was thought possible. A determined driver never gives up. Take Nurburgring in 2005. Kimi the magnificent. I mean what else can you say. What about the Brazilian GP this year. Kimi had race fuel in his eye, was engulfed in flames, and yet raced on to finish 6th.

As far as peoples thinking Kimi is bitter. I'm sure he wasn't pleased to have lost his Ferrari seat. We are all human so anyone of us, would probably feel some degree of disappointment etc. Out of any driver in F1 of recent years, the ones who seem to offer the best insights and thoughts have been DC, Irvine, JV and Kimi. Some waffle more than others, but every single one of Kimi's comments towards the end of the season ended up being true didn't it. His comments about Santander's involvement with Ferrari affecting his seat. Or stating Brawn would be running with an all German crew. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but that also shows he's got a good record for speaking his mind, and also telling things as they are. Ironic when some peoples perceptions of him when it comes to interviews, the media etc., of him being cold, uninteresting and boring. Heck I'd rather spend a day with Kimi than any other driver around. How could you not after his epic walking to a yacht in Monaco in his race suit lol, or his ice cream eating, and the awesome gorilla suit raceboat thing.

Anyway, I will miss Kimi and wish him the best in WRC. I know I'll be tuning in, and I havn't done that since the very early 00's when McRae was racing those epic Focus cars.

But I still hope he makes a return to F1 in 2011. Fingers crossed anyway, and as in my first post, there is certainly alot of smoke about Kimi to RBR in 2011.

Yep. Some posters have gone remain loopy no matter what.

And so they say that certain people would never be hired, would never come back, would never do X or Y,... all talk, all bullsht, naturally... except some cheers which are real (from lewisterics and old Schumacher sidekicks) and out of relief because a very, very strong driver is out of the way, iow, fear.

Kimi is the fastests driver out there _today_. It's self-evident that there are teams that want him but can't have him. Not all teams, naturally, because tons of kinds of crazy agendas are always being played out against the interests of the very teams some people work for.

And so, Kimi decided he wanted a certain pay and a certain kind of drive. That was not available so he's moved on. Would it be better for us if he were to have decided to languish mid-field just to keep a seat warm?

Have fun, Kimi. You are welcome back whenever it suits you.

Why, Sir! :angry: I challenge thee to pistols at dawn....I. must. defend. Brad's. honour.

I don't think Dawn would approve. Still, better than being up at the crack of Dawn, I suppose.

I don't think it takes rocket science to figure out that Kimi wasn't motivated at all in his last season and that his motivation has been going down for a while.

If that's the case, he must be the most talented driver of all times. After all, he did win and take a bunch of podiums with a dog of a car, and all this even though he wasn't motivated to do so at all!

If that's the case, he must be the most talented driver of all times. After all, he did win and take a bunch of podiums with a dog of a car, and all this even though he wasn't motivated to do so at all!

He has lots of talent. Nobody denies that. He did make impressive displays of racing even when the car was against him. But it is precisely his lack of motivation which makes him such a waste.

There is a thin line between being outspoken and nonchalant to being frankly oblivious and he crossed it many times.

You have this guy that can make the fastest lap on any track almost at will. That can *yawn* drive through smoke at Eau Rouge (Kimi fans should find another example soon, that one is getting old). That can give a fair and tough fight to Schummi and Nando.

But only does that when he wants to. He won't fight for that.

That is what we non-Kimi lovers see in him. Is not lack of talent, is a waste of it.

tra

Well apply your same rocket science and see if you can understand the following:

- Kimi won 2 of the first 4 races in 2008 with the newly launched F2008. Even in Australia 08, he mananged to climb up from 16th to 4th and then he made a mistake whle overtaking Heikki, breaked late and ran off. But what I can pick up is that the speed was there, the motivation was definitely there cos looking at the way he was going about in that race, it looked like he was aiming for the win.So that puts the trashy theory of Kimi losing his motivation after his first WDC.

- Suddenly the shark finn design, all the updates that were brought in suited Massa's style than Kimi's. Kimi expressed the car wasnt suiting him after the updates cleary and openly. And why oh why can't Ferrari build a car that would oversteer, something that their newy crowned World champion prefers. Ferrari under Stefano Domenicali looked like a team with totally new priorities because under Todt I remember how quickly they had changed from a single keel to zero keel design just for Kimi.Thats the Ferrari I was glad Kimi was off to . But things changed.Under Stefano, tich tich, no effort made.

-Only when the shark finn design was removed in China, when Massa needed Kimi's help, Kimi Raikkonen was 3 to 4 tenths faster than Massa. Thats almost half a second. I remember Kimi had to literally stop the car in order to let Massa pass him.

-Kimi Raikkonen lost motivation? How about Ferrari also mention some other things? We can't make good strategies, our car fails to run in rain, Hey, hey which tyres do we use? Damn its too late! We have no clue whatwe have done with our 2009 car, we are incompetent and incapable fools!Even though our engineers are crying out loud about how talented Kimi,we couldn't do anything about that talent, hey atleast we got him the WDC,but now he is an enigma we cant seem to solve, We wonder how Mclarendid it!

-In 2009, after Hungary, it turns out that Kimi was the only one who could save them from total disgrace. Suddenly he gets podiums, starts winning. Why? What happened? We thought he had lost motivation!

You can blame Kimi, its not like he made no mistakes, he did - In Valencia, In Sigapore, in Monaco.But dont blame just Kimi.

Its a shame that LDM and Stefano go on ranting about how unemotional or noncommunicative Kimi was, when what they are actually saying is that there team is absolute trash if they dont have a driver to motivate them. Why did they hire Kimi in the first place, when it was a known fact in the entire paddock that Kimi's work ethics were totally different from Schumacher's!

Why was Todt Promoted? Why did he resign? Why was Dyer sent back to the factory?

Its almost a known fact that Ferrari and Alonso started negotiating in 2008, when Kimi was leading. The rest just happened to go in perfect sync after that.

I wouldn't say Kimi is a "bad" driver, I just don't believe he's all that he's made up to be. After Schumi retired at the end of '06, everybody was like "Kimi is the future of F1!!!!!" but, apart from 2007 where he did win the championship (and I thought that season was brilliant for him, he made very few mistakes) an unfavoured Brazilian by the name of Massa comfortably out-scored, out-raced him in '08 and looked pretty strong to do the same again had he not suffered his accident. I don't see what most people see in Kimi, I mean, when he's on it, he is comfortably the fastest man on the grid. When he isn't, well...

He's just not consistent enough. The likes of Hamilton and Alonso can rock-up at tracks and car permitting have a good chance to score points or even wins. Yet Kimi can be mid-pack when Massa in the same car and same equipment can be battling for the win.

tra

Well apply your same rocket science and see if you can understand the following:

- Kimi won 2 of the first 4 races in 2008 with the newly launched F2008. Even in Australia 08, he mananged to climb up from 16th to 4th and then he made a mistake whle overtaking Heikki, breaked late and ran off. But what I can pick up is that the speed was there, the motivation was definitely there cos looking at the way he was going about in that race, it looked like he was aiming for the win.So that puts the trashy theory of Kimi losing his motivation after his first WDC.

- Suddenly the shark finn design, all the updates that were brought in suited Massa's style than Kimi's. Kimi expressed the car wasnt suiting him after the updates cleary and openly. And why oh why can't Ferrari build a car that would oversteer, something that their newy crowned World champion prefers. Ferrari under Stefano Domenicali looked like a team with totally new priorities because under Todt I remember how quickly they had changed from a single keel to zero keel design just for Kimi.Thats the Ferrari I was glad Kimi was off to . But things changed.Under Stefano, tich tich, no effort made.

-Only when the shark finn design was removed in China, when Massa needed Kimi's help, Kimi Raikkonen was 3 to 4 tenths faster than Massa. Thats almost half a second. I remember Kimi had to literally stop the car in order to let Massa pass him.

-Kimi Raikkonen lost motivation? How about Ferrari also mention some other things? We can't make good strategies, our car fails to run in rain, Hey, hey which tyres do we use? Damn its too late! We have no clue whatwe have done with our 2009 car, we are incompetent and incapable fools!Even though our engineers are crying out loud about how talented Kimi,we couldn't do anything about that talent, hey atleast we got him the WDC,but now he is an enigma we cant seem to solve, We wonder how Mclarendid it!

-In 2009, after Hungary, it turns out that Kimi was the only one who could save them from total disgrace. Suddenly he gets podiums, starts winning. Why? What happened? We thought he had lost motivation!

You can blame Kimi, its not like he made no mistakes, he did - In Valencia, In Sigapore, in Monaco.But dont blame just Kimi.

Its a shame that LDM and Stefano go on ranting about how unemotional or noncommunicative Kimi was, when what they are actually saying is that there team is absolute trash if they dont have a driver to motivate them. Why did they hire Kimi in the first place, when it was a known fact in the entire paddock that Kimi's work ethics were totally different from Schumacher's!

Why was Todt Promoted? Why did he resign? Why was Dyer sent back to the factory?

Its almost a known fact that Ferrari and Alonso started negotiating in 2008, when Kimi was leading. The rest just happened to go in perfect sync after that.

Too many great points you've brought up here to quote.

Kimi does seem get all the blame, when Ferrari over the past couple of years as a team have made some pathetic errors in judgement. Tyres, strategies, fuel hoses. lolipop lights... the list goes on. Dyer being removed from his position didn't get much publicity at the time. Funny that.

How about abandoning the development of the 2009 car halfway through the year. I thought only Sh#t teams did that. Honda actually pulled it off this year, but everytime I've heard that statement from any team, the car has turned out even more rubbish than the one before.

Ferrari suffered greatly after losing Brawn and Todt. The replacements were amateur at best. The fact they are even mentioning Kimi even though he is no longer a part of their team means they were looking for a scapegoat. Alonso the Emperor with no clothes will surely save them right!? They have even publicly stated how they want Alonso to fit in the team. And we've all seem Massa's barks about that.

2010 will be a great year to see what goes on in Ferrari, but probably for all the watching a car crash reasons.

If that's the case, he must be the most talented driver of all times.

Not quite, but not that far off either. The ice cream incident and leaving his car to go straight to a yacht at Monaco for example show attitude problems. As does his current 'F1 isn't all that WRC is suddenly teh best because he's going there' trash talk. His is a supremely unattractive brand of arrogan e .

Suddenly the shark finn design, all the updates that were brought in suited Massa's style than Kimi's. Kimi expressed the car wasnt suiting him after the updates cleary and openly. And why oh why can't Ferrari build a car that would oversteer, something that their newy crowned World champion prefers. Ferrari under Stefano Domenicali looked like a team with totally new priorities because under Todt I remember how quickly they had changed from a single keel to zero keel design just for Kimi.Thats the Ferrari I was glad Kimi was off to . But things changed.Under Stefano, tich tich, no effort made.

I have never seen a top driver make the excuse that the car wasn't designed for him, and I have never seen that point made convincingly about any driver. If a driver isn't getting the set up he wants out of a team like Ferrari that hired him for a Schumacher salary, odds are it isn't the team that's the problem.

A driver who can't come out strong through tough years isn't all that great. Maybe he should take a lesson from Jenson Button? He's had more than his share of championship capable cars, from which he scraped one championship.

He is incredibly talented, but that doesn't make up for poor mental strength, sub-par intelligence (out of all the drivers on the grid, his comments are by some margin the least insightful), a poor work ethic, and simply not having the heart for the sport that Massa does for example.

I can't believe the lengths some fans will go to to convince themselves that their favourite driver is the victim of some grand conspiracy. It's the JV fan syndrome all over again. Guess what - in an overwhelming majority of teams, they want their driver to do well, they want their drivers to be fast, the teams finances are directly to related to the results of both their drivers. There is nothing, absolutely nothing a team can gain from not giving a driver the attention he needs to be fast. You seem to be accusing Ferrari of an incredible failure of common sense - it is going to take a lot more than small anecdotes to convince me of that.

Webber's not the best in the world but at least he is fast and hardworking. To replace him with Kimi would be a crime.

Villeneuve, Ralf Schumacher, Kimi, Anthony Davison, Sato, Sebastien Bourdais, Christian Klien and Justin Wilson should start their own series racing disabled buggies and allow actual disabled people to compete against them. Maybe when they are beaten, the penny will drop and they will go away.

Hey you. My dad's in a wheelchair. Are you suggesting that his wheelchair talent does not match that of Schumacher?

:lol:

It does when I've p**sed him off.

:roll:

I have never seen a top driver make the excuse that the car wasn't designed for him, and I have never seen that point made convincingly about any driver. If a driver isn't getting the set up he wants out of a team like Ferrari that hired him for a Schumacher salary, odds are it isn't the team that's the problem.

A driver who can't come out strong through tough years isn't all that great. Maybe he should take a lesson from Jenson Button? He's had more than his share of championship capable cars, from which he scraped one championship.

He is incredibly talented, but that doesn't make up for poor mental strength, sub-par intelligence (out of all the drivers on the grid, his comments are by some margin the least insightful), a poor work ethic, and simply not having the heart for the sport that Massa does for example.

Why are we forgetting that the entire management of Ferrari had become incredibly poor after Todt left?

And why didn't he have problems with the set-up at Mclaren?Do you know that Ron Dennis gave Kimi some amount of credit for MP4-22? And we all know what a stunner that car was, don't we?

And again, why did things start going in Kimi's favor JUST when Ferrari needed him?

I can't believe the lengths some fans will go to to convince themselves that their favourite driver is the victim of some grand conspiracy. It's the JV fan syndrome all over again. Guess what - in an overwhelming majority of teams, they want their driver to do well, they want their drivers to be fast, the teams finances are directly to related to the results of both their drivers. There is nothing, absolutely nothing a team can gain from not giving a driver the attention he needs to be fast. You seem to be accusing Ferrari of an incredible failure of common sense - it is going to take a lot more than small anecdotes to convince me of that.

I have stated facts. You can fight back my facts with facts, something you've not done. The conspiracy theory, as you'd like to call it is just my conclusion.(which you have fought back with your opinion)

But the basis on which I've come to this conclusion are facts.Let me just repeat myself.The performance was gone after the updates. Once the updates were removed, China...we all saw what happened. Why were the updates removed so late? Spa. One track where the car does not decide the result. And Kimi had owned that race right from the start. Again in 2009, Massa's gone- Kimi's performing. WHY?

Why are Kimi's race engineers(Dyer and Stella) all praises about him if he was the one who was under-performing?

Again my last few questions about Todt, Dyer and hiring kimi?

Alright. Here's a simpler question. Why was Kimi Raikkonen, a man who had not won a single WDC preffered over Michael Schumacher, a 7 time world champion, the bloody heart of Ferrari by LDM at the end of 2006?

What has been going on in Ferrari?

Kimi is never coming back. He will happily race in WRC, then move onto something else. It would nice to see him try the Peugeot 908 at Le Mans this year. Loeb is already confirmed as one of the drivers. It could be possible with the Citroen-Peugeot Connection!

:clap3: finally some sense.

kimi is a sebastian friend. period. thats y he named him. he didnt even say he thinks rb will have a great car, he says maybe. stop fooling urselves, honestly. the year has barely begun and we are already on kimi comeback talks again?

A gift for you:

Raikkonen: F1 still wants me, but do I still want F1? - crash.net

Hey you. My dad's in a wheelchair.

Yup, I know that. You know I know it too. And I thought of that when I posted it. I still posted it because I know you're not hung up on PC sh!t like that.

And I reckon in a wheelchair, your Dad could beat all of the aforementioned c#cks.

KIMI HAS GONE! STOP BLAMING OTHER STUFF! NOBODY WANTS HIM! NOW GET OVER YOURSELVES AND FIND ANOTHER F*CKWIT TO ADORE.

Kimi does seem get all the blame, when Ferrari over the past couple of years as a team have made some pathetic errors in judgement. Tyres, strategies, fuel hoses. lolipop lights... the list goes on. Dyer being removed from his position didn't get much publicity at the time. Funny that.

How about abandoning the development of the 2009 car halfway through the year. I thought only Sh#t teams did that. Honda actually pulled it off this year, but everytime I've heard that statement from any team, the car has turned out even more rubbish than the one before.

Ferrari suffered greatly after losing Brawn and Todt. The replacements were amateur at best. The fact they are even mentioning Kimi even though he is no longer a part of their team means they were looking for a scapegoat. Alonso the Emperor with no clothes will surely save them right!? They have even publicly stated how they want Alonso to fit in the team. And we've all seem Massa's barks about that.

2010 will be a great year to see what goes on in Ferrari, but probably for all the watching a car crash reasons.

We, Alonso fans, are concerned about that. Ferrari is not as good as they were years ago and Kimi and Massa suffered their lack of skills/experience/whatever. I hope Domenicali/Ferrari have more experienced together in 2010.

We, Alonso fans, are concerned about that. Ferrari is not as good as they were years ago and Kimi and Massa suffered their lack of skills/experience/whatever. I hope Domenicali/Ferrari have more experienced together in 2010.

I guess you would say the same about McLaren prior/since Alonso. Question therefore being, who the hell is "experienced"?

I guess you would say the same about McLaren prior/since Alonso. Question therefore being, who the hell is "experienced"?

Huh? You saying McLaren were only good when Alonso was there.....???? I don't understand your comment