Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Kimi To Rbr In 2011. Seems Far More Credible Now Than Ever

who the hell is "experienced"?

Well, they're all experienced in their own little ways (being God's children); each one is experienced at a different driving skill.

For Fernando Alonso, it's winning with class, honor, and dignity will looking beautiful and being married to the not-particularly-unattractive Raquel del Rosario.

For Rubens Barrichello, it's being miserably unlucky at Interlagos.

For Michael Schumacher, it's making me cry :(, which would make the track wet if I was in attendance, and make the race even more interesting, which would help, since no refueling's going to make me cry, too :(

For Ralf Schumacher, it's bringing out safety cars.

For Adrian Sutil, it's serving as barrier to prevent Kimi Räikkönen from having a good race so that all of us detractors won't have to admit he drove well. He'll have to find a new role in 2010.

For Juan Pablo Montoya, it's handling the Drive-Thru at McDonald's (but then again, most US Americans would probably have an easier time reciting the Burger King menu than the 50 US states, so JPM's just being a normal NASCAR driver).

A gift for you:

For me? Thanks! This is so awesome. Where do I start?

Raikkonen: F1 still wants me, but do I still want F1? - crash.net

“Perhaps for fun I'll go to the Monaco Grand Prix,” he told the Red Bulletin's German website. “As it looks now, I would get another F1 c#ckpit – but do I want it? A lot of unpleasant things are happening in Formula 1, with one manufacturer leaving after the other or selling their teams.

Read this folks. Kimi is concerned about manufacturers leaving :lol: So, of course he decides to move to

*drumrolls*

THE WRC

I am not making this up! HE MOVED TO WRC BECAUSE HE WAS CONCERNED ABOUT MANUFACTURERS LEAVING. HOW ****ING STUPID IS THAT? You move to the one sport that MORE manufacturers have deserted, where Subaru, the Ferrari of WRC just left!Do you know how many manufacturers are in WRC Kimi? TWO. TWO! And one of them is American so they don't even know how to make cars :P

“In F1, too many things overshadow the racing. There are too many politics, and no-one is willing to say what they think in public, because they are afraid it will be taken out of context. In a year, we'll talk again, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about it at the moment.”

Yup, and in the WRC men are men and noone is afraid to say they want, there's no room for political correctness, or stupiditiy like this. Whoops :P

Thatti wrote that "I watched the WRC Mexico highlights last night and I have to voice my opinion on the poor appearance of Sebastian Loeb on WRC - TV. He was unshaven, scruffy looking and with unkempt hair! It is wrong. When the FIA gives him global TV coverage to millions of viewers and to many children worldwide he is a hero and role model. It is very wrong for him to appear as he did at the finish of Rally Mexico and his co-driver in contrast looked neat and clean. I know there is a level of personal freedom one is allowed, but I feel he is taking this too far and someone should talk to him or his team about this."

NEWSFLASH FOR KIMI: WRC is run by the FIA. The very same FIA!!

Don't get me wrong, I love rallying, I love WRC, and it's cool he's trying his hand at it. But really, get a clue Kimi.

Why are we forgetting that the entire management of Ferrari had become incredibly poor after Todt left?

Rubbish. Let's not exaggerate things. Teams in F1 have bad years. All of them. If that's too much for precious little Kimi to handle, well don't let the door hit you..

You want to know something interesting? How's this for facts - straight out of wikipedia, the bible of facts :P

Ferrari in 1995: 1 win, 73 points. Guess who Ferrari is good enough for in 1996 to move to: Michael Schumacher

Ferrari in 2009: 1 win, 70 points. Guess who Ferrari is good enough for in 2010 to move to: Fernando Alonso

And why didn't he have problems with the set-up at Mclaren?

He didn't? Wow, nostalgia and rosy goggles can make you believe anything. You remember cars breaking all around him in 2005 for example (though I agree with the view that Kimi wasn't entirely innocent there)? Are you seriously suggesting he had no problems at Mclaren??

And again, why did things start going in Kimi's favor JUST when Ferrari needed him?

You are rather misguided if you think F1 teams have the luxury of only bothering to do things for their drivers when they really need to.

Alright. Here's a simpler question. Why was Kimi Raikkonen, a man who had not won a single WDC preffered over Michael Schumacher, a 7 time world champion, the bloody heart of Ferrari by LDM at the end of 2006?

Huh? :huh: Michael Schumacher retired, and in any case Kimi was hired way before he made his final decision. Do we really need any more evidence that if Michael Schumacher wants to drive in F1, there's teams very willing to have him?

Kimi does seem get all the blame, when Ferrari over the past couple of years as a team have made some pathetic errors in judgement. Tyres, strategies, fuel hoses. lolipop lights... the list goes on. Dyer being removed from his position didn't get much publicity at the time. Funny that.

Kimi gets the blame for things under his control, Ferrari get the blame for things under their control. The rest is your imagination.

KIMI HAS GONE! STOP BLAMING OTHER STUFF! NOBODY WANTS HIM! NOW GET OVER YOURSELVES AND FIND ANOTHER F*CKWIT TO ADORE.

Indeed.

Why bother, dribs?

He didn't? Wow, nostalgia and rosy goggles can make you believe anything. You remember cars breaking all around him in 2005 for example (though I agree with the view that Kimi wasn't entirely innocent there)? Are you seriously suggesting he had no problems at Mclaren??

I am talking about set-up, adjusting to a car, not reliability or engine issues! Kimi did not have this issue in 2007 and at the start 2008, then suddenly..blah blah, Ive said it all, you just seem to ignore it!

You are rather misguided if you think F1 teams have the luxury of only bothering to do things for their drivers when they really need to.

Then why the perfect timing of getting things straight? Not once, but twice!

Cavallino, you are just making me repeat things and not giving a straight reply. The questions that I have are not just mine but also of some hardcore tifosis and Schumacher fans, who are no noobies let me assure you. LDM is at definitely at a very questionable position at Maranello, Stefano has already showed his incompetence.You better pray that Ferrari show some wonders this year.

I guess you would say the same about McLaren prior/since Alonso. Question therefore being, who the hell is "experienced"?

I was talking there about Ferrari as an F1 team. I suppose they are more experienced together now, since Brawn, Todt, ect. left a few years ago. Besides, they've made some stupid mistakes very recently and humans are supposed to learn something from own errors. But looking at 2009, seeing how awful was drivng the F60... I don't know, honestly. Well, at least they've learnt to hire the best driver. tongue.gif

For Fernando Alonso, it's winning with class, honor, and dignity will looking beautiful and being married to the not-particularly-unattractive Raquel del Rosario.

laugh.gif

Rubbish. Let's not exaggerate things. Teams in F1 have bad years. All of them. If that's too much for precious little Kimi to handle, well don't let the door hit you..

It was. For Kimi and for Massa too. Massa should have won his first Championship if Ferrari hadn't made a few stupid mistakes.

Ferrari in 1995: 1 win, 73 points. Guess who Ferrari is good enough for in 1996 to move to: Michael Schumacher

Ferrari in 2009: 1 win, 70 points. Guess who Ferrari is good enough for in 2010 to move to: Fernando Alonso

I think the situation of the Ferrari team was even worse in 1996 but it doesn't mean the situation is good now. Domenicali said they gave up developing the F60 because next year's car would be completely different while Whitmarsh said they went on with the development of the MP4-24 because it would good for the MP4-25.

Who's right? Who's wrong? Renault was the other team that joined Ferrari on this. unsure.gif

I am talking about set-up, adjusting to a car, not reliability or engine issues! Kimi did not have this issue in 2007 and at the start 2008, then suddenly..blah blah, Ive said it all, you just seem to ignore it!

Of course he has had problems before, he struggled in 2004 and lost out to DC! Now DC might be a somewhat smarter cookie, but Kimi is vastly more talented.

Then why the perfect timing of getting things straight? Not once, but twice!

I don't think it's that perfect, and correlation doesn't imply causation remember. The point is you're making a huge assertion, that Ferrari shot itself in the foot really badly just to make Kimi look bad. That a team would shoot itself in the foot like that is a huge huge assertion, you have to come up with a lot of evidence, and/ or back it up with the well argued opinion of someone in F1 who carries a lot of weight.

LDM is at definitely at a very questionable position at Maranello, Stefano has already showed his incompetence.You better pray that Ferrari show some wonders this year.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't say Ferrari don't have issues they need to deal with. But good times never last forever in F1, it's not an excuse for Kimi's insipid driving. Take Alonso for example, he'll push the hell out of his car, his cars haven't been all that since 2007 have they? Kimi has been very fortunate in F1 by any standards in terms of the cars he has had. I keep bringing up Button, but frankly there isn't a better example - how many years did he spend in mid grid cars, facing an incredible amount of flak, watching Hamilton waltz into a top team and take the 'first British champion in X years' title. And when he got the car he delivered. There's no two ways about it, Button was superlative last year, and ran away with the championship.

Kimi got outperformed by his teammate and yet got picked for a Mclaren drive, went straight to Ferrari from there. I am not saying he didn't earn it. But he really really can't complain about the kind of machinery or support he has had in F1. Not when someone as brilliant as Kubeetza is still waiting for the car to show us what he's got.

And look beyond the parochial Kimi fan - Schumacher fan perspective please, you've made me go all serious and logical, and ask anyone I am way less fun that way. I mean, I praised Alonso for heaven's sake.

It was. For Kimi and for Massa too. Massa should have won his first Championship if Ferrari hadn't made a few stupid mistakes.

Sh#t happens. I think you're both vastly understating the number of mistakes a good team makes in a season.

Domenicali said they gave up developing the F60 because next year's car would be completely different while Whitmarsh said they went on with the development of the MP4-24 because it would good for the MP4-25.

Who's right? Who's wrong? Renault was the other team that joined Ferrari on this. unsure.gif

?? They could both be right! You can go down a path in car design, hit a wall and have to start over again. Another team might have chosen a path with more potential. It's a judgement call..

cav, Kubica is a 2nd tier racer in F1. He's good no doubt, but does not belong in ANY discussion being compared with Schumi, Alonso, Kimi, Lewis etc. regardless of whether you give him a good car or not. Heck even Sato almost won a race. Just as Button's sole victory in a Honda some years back, Kubica's was down to the right time, right place stars aligning situation. Heidfeld has not only matched him but beat him on too many occasions. I'm no Nick fan either. Yet I don't see anyone stating how great he is, and if only he got a good car. Fisi is a perfect example of this. He did get a good car after being mentioned as a driver of the "if only he had a good car, he could show everyone how great he is". He won the odd race at Renault. I will give him Kudo's for his performance at SPA this year, but again that was another right time, right place situation. Who knew having mediocre aero on a car for every other track, would produce a rocket on that particular one.

Give a 2nd tier driver or worse, an exceptional car, and if they aren't a complete muppet, they might get somewhere. Even the lesser drivers in F1 these days are of such a high caliber, the spread times of the field have shortened. Electronics, training and so forth have closed the gap, but that doesn't make a back fielder a race winner either.

You're attacks on Kimi are baseless. You have provided nothing to back up your assumptions about him. In your mind he was unworthy of his McLaren and Ferrari drives. I'll trust Sauber over an armchair expert any day of the week. He saw something in Kimi and was proven right. Dennis and Todt also saw this as well. Even being mild in assumptions, Kimi would be a 2 times WDC. Despite all the politics in F1, especially the people who kept going with their agendas slagging off Kimi's work ethics, there were plenty who praised him of the highest caliber.

Kimi's in a far better place now. He's won a WDC. Holds an incredible record at SPA -- considered the track most attributed to driver skill and is regarded as one of the fastest F1 racers of all time. These recent comments in the press are not sour grapes from him. Rather he's now in a position to be free to speak his mind. Oh, and some idiot here stated or made a sig quoting Kimi as stating he quit F1 because of teams leaving and the political environment. Rubbish. He stated it would be nice not to have to deal with that Sh#t for awhile. Thus after a year, he would look at the situation again, and if he felt inclined, race in F1 again. There's nothing wrong with comments like those.

Don't go being all selective with reality and pump up a driver like Kubica while slamming one such as Kimi.

Don't go being all selective with reality and pump up a driver like Kubica while slamming one such as Kimi.

Kubica was the best of them all in 2008 and he could have won the Championship if Mario Theissen had not stopped car development as soon as they won their first race in Canada. That was really disappointing. Kubica is very good.

Obviously I`m new to this place but I`ve been following these boards for quite a while now, especially this thread.

To start off:

@cavallino: You definitely have posted one of the most idiotic comments on this page. Do us all a favour and get your sources right. You pick quotes from Crash.net? Seriously? Did they actually speak to Kimi face to face about what is good in F1 and what is not? Go head to the autosport interview, put on some really strong glasses and read through the lines. He says "there`s a lot less politics and bulls##t in WRC". Well, crash.net took that, formalized it, because OH MY ****IN GOD, it`s such a formal site and transformed it into what you quoted there.

And the FIA doesn`t give a Sh#t less about WRC when it`s got its own problems with crashgate scandals and bans in Formula 1, which OBVIOUSLY have a lot of potential in attracting a lot of drivers now, don`t they? On how many occassions was Mosley present at a WRC stage? He didn`t want to get his suit dirty now did he? There`s no crashgate scandal or team principle ban in WRC. It`s not such a big deal and a huge dump of formality like Formula 1. That`s why Kimi chose to go rallying instead. And of course because Ferrari offered him money, bla bla so everyone is going to cry about that now and say he is greedy and only cares about the money. Well I`ve got a newsflash for you now: EVERY DRIVER IS IN F1 FOR THE MONEY besides those who actually pay to get the opportunity to race. You think that more experienced drivers will stay there for flowers and candy? They would pack their bags and rather go to Iraq, where there`s more peace and harmony than in F1.

Regarding his attitude, McLaren was just fine with that. Ferrari had a huge problem here. Towards the end of the 2009 season when Kimi was scoring podiums and was appearantly the only one who could keep Ferrari in the top 5 of the constructors, Montezemolo praised him. He tried every way to put his tongue in Kimi`s a##. Then, when Alonso took his place, he changed his attitude and was talking Sh#t all of a sudden. How nice is that? How should Kimi react to those comments now? "Oh **** YOU thank you Luca for those kind words, I promise I will come back to F1, I`m going to run and hug all the reporters now and tell them about my return". He was, is and always will be straightforward and if people don`t like that...oh well, I can`t really say he gives a Sh#t. And I believe it is the right attitude in this category of racing. Formula 1 is not a world full of little girls running around under a rainbow and it`s always sunny.

And I dare to think that Kimi has more clue than you about WRC and Formula 1. Seeing that he has done rallying before, has also raced in Formula 1 for 9 years now and has a "bit" of experience under his a## with wins, poles, fastest laps and a world championship, which everyone seemed to have forgotten long ago, I repeat: I REALLY think he has just a tiny bit more clue about these things than you. Before bashing drivers and putting your fingers on the keyboard try hard to think twice about what you`re about to type, ok?

Of course he has had problems before, he struggled in 2004 and lost out to DC! Now DC might be a somewhat smarter cookie, but Kimi is vastly more talented.

:huh: As far as I know..Kimi's points were almost double of DC's in 2004.

I don't think it's that perfect, and correlation doesn't imply causation remember. The point is you're making a huge assertion, that Ferrari shot itself in the foot really badly just to make Kimi look bad. That a team would shoot itself in the foot like that is a huge huge assertion, you have to come up with a lot of evidence, and/ or back it up with the well argued opinion of someone in F1 who carries a lot of weight.

It doesn't matter what you think. The timing was perfect, its very evident. Also, I don't think you understood the whole basis of my posts, Cav. I am not blaming Ferrari. I told you, I was proud of the team Kimi went to in 2007, because I saw Todt and the engineers make the world rotate in the opposite direction to get Kimi that WDC, and to make a car that suits him. And this is me saying something, considering that I'm a Mclaren fan.I am only pointing my finger towards Luca De Montezemolo.And all this man cares about is his power in Ferrari. Sorry to say, but you are just being ignorant. What Ferrari is going through since Stefano came is not some normal down phase that every team goes through. This situation was created by Mr Monty.

I don't see why he had to make changes to a team that Kimi had adjusted so well to in 2007.

All I am asking you to do is notice and compare the amount of commitment Ferrari showed towards Kimi when Todt was there and when Stefano was there. Also do notice the sudden performance boost Kimi had towards the end of 2009. If all you can conclude is Kimi lost motivation, did not communicate and the sorts, then I shall end my rant right away.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't say Ferrari don't have issues they need to deal with. But good times never last forever in F1, it's not an excuse for Kimi's insipid driving. Take Alonso for example, he'll push the hell out of his car, his cars haven't been all that since 2007 have they? Kimi has been very fortunate in F1 by any standards in terms of the cars he has had. I keep bringing up Button, but frankly there isn't a better example - how many years did he spend in mid grid cars, facing an incredible amount of flak, watching Hamilton waltz into a top team and take the 'first British champion in X years' title. And when he got the car he delivered. There's no two ways about it, Button was superlative last year, and ran away with the championship.

Kimi got outperformed by his teammate and yet got picked for a Mclaren drive, went straight to Ferrari from there. I am not saying he didn't earn it. But he really really can't complain about the kind of machinery or support he has had in F1. Not when someone as brilliant as Kubeetza is still waiting for the car to show us what he's got.

And look beyond the parochial Kimi fan - Schumacher fan perspective please, you've made me go all serious and logical, and ask anyone I am way less fun that way. I mean, I praised Alonso for heaven's sake.

First of all, when it comes to driving trolls I think you should be really glad that Kimi can take them to places where they are not supposed to be.I think Kimi is the best driver out there, when it comes to extracting even a bit of performance from trucks. Be it in 06 or 09. Perhaps even 04.

Today in F1, how good the car is, whether it suits the driving style of a driver or not makes a lot of difference. Look at our current WDC. Not taking anything away from him, but most of the credit goes to his brilliant car.

I really don't understand you comparison with Kubica, to be honest.

Sh#t happens. I think you're both vastly understating the number of mistakes a good team makes in a season.

?? They could both be right! You can go down a path in car design, hit a wall and have to start over again. Another team might have chosen a path with more potential. It's a judgement call..

Wow, that was indeed very convenient.Well you are being extremely biased and I guess you've taken it down inside your soul that you are going to accept nothing that would favor Kimi. My questions are genuine and and all you have to say is 'I don't think so' or 'i don't accept this'. Thats not how a debate goes.

cav, Kubica is a 2nd tier racer in F1.

No he's not. But that's not what we're discussing right now, we'll talk about Kubeetza some day. But not today. My only point is Kimi has had good cars for most of his career, and some people are making a huge deal of one bad year at Ferrari. I think in terms of the cars he has had in F1, Kimi can't have much to complain about. I also think Kubeetza is bloody brilliant and his time will come, remember he only just turned 25! People dismiss ihm the way people used to dismiss Button.

In your mind he was unworthy of his McLaren and Ferrari drives.

I didn't say that.

Rather he's now in a position to be free to speak his mind.

Oh, and some idiot here stated or made a sig quoting Kimi as stating he quit F1 because of teams leaving and the political environment.

He's always spoken his mind, but he's never had much to say which was remotely interesting. As for the sig, that would be me :D And I think it is bloody hilarious that he made a comment on manufacturers leaving and then went to WRC.

Rubbish. He stated it would be nice not to have to deal with that Sh#t for awhile.

See, that's what I and I dare say a few others here don't get. What is this Sh#t Kimi has had to deal with? The guy has had plush rides all through his career. I really don't get what he is whining about, and what his fans are whining about. He got a crap car last year - cry me a river. Happens to the best.

Oh and I repeat, Kubeetza is a brilliant driver.

COULD YOU ALL KIMI FANBOIS STOP ARGUING WITH CAV????

YOU ARE FORCING ME TO AGREE WITH HIM ALL THE WAY AND NOW WE EVEN AGREE ON KUBICA!

IT'S SICKENING, I TELL YA, SICKENING!!!

:huh: As far as I know..Kimi's points were almost double of DC's in 2004.

Sorry, my bad. 2002.

It doesn't matter what you think. The timing was perfect, its very evident. Also, I don't think you understood the whole basis of my posts, Cav. I am not blaming Ferrari. I told you, I was proud of the team Kimi went to in 2007, because I saw Todt and the engineers make the world rotate in the opposite direction to get Kimi that WDC, and to make a car that suits him. And this is me saying something, considering that I'm a Mclaren fan.I am only pointing my finger towards Luca De Montezemolo.And all this man cares about is his power in Ferrari. Sorry to say, but you are just being ignorant. What Ferrari is going through since Stefano came is not some normal down phase that every team goes through. This situation was created by Mr Monty.

I don't see why he had to make changes to a team that Kimi had adjusted so well to in 2007.

Some of the changes were inevitable. Of course, with hindsight, Ferrari were stupid to not make Brawn the team principal as he would have wanted. I don't think anyone at Ferrari did anything simply to make Kimi look bad. That's all. And I think if a driver can't get a car to work for him at a team like Ferrari, the driver takes a lot of the blame - Ferrari wanted Kimi to win. No team ever gets anything out of not giving their driver the best they can.

Also do notice the sudden performance boost Kimi had towards the end of 2009.

I did. Look I don't care if he lost motivation wants to try something different etc. On the other hand he has no reason to feel hard done by in F1, to complain about politics that largely didn't affect him. If he said I did F1, I won a championship and now I want to try WRC, I would have a lot more respect for him.

First of all, when it comes to driving trolls I think you should be really glad that Kimi can take them to places where they are not supposed to be.I think Kimi is the best driver out there, when it comes to extracting even a bit of performance from trucks. Be it in 06 or 09. Perhaps even 04.

Depends. Sometimes he cares, sometimes he doesn't seem to. On song he's awesome.

Today in F1, how good the car is, whether it suits the driving style of a driver or not makes a lot of difference.

The best drivers put their heads down when it's not working for them and try to figure out why. The best drivers simply cannot stand their teammates being faster in the same car, it drives them crazy - look at Alonso (did I just say something positive about Alonso again :o )

Look at our current WDC. Not taking anything away from him, but most of the credit goes to his brilliant car.

No it doesn't. Anyway, like the debate on Kubeetza, this can wait for another day.

I really don't understand you comparison with Kubica, to be honest.

Kimi at his best is better than the best we have seen of Kubeetza. However, Kubeetza hasn't had that many chances yet. If you want to form a clear opinion of him, you'll have to delve deeper, read about all the issues he had last year for example. The best of Kubeetza is yet to come.

Well you are being extremely biased and I guess you've taken it down inside your soul that you are going to accept nothing that would favor Kimi. My questions are genuine and and all you have to say is 'I don't think so' or 'i don't accept this'. Thats not how a debate goes.

Oh come on, if you go through the thread you'll find at least a handful of positive things I had to say about Kimi. you want me to put them in one place? He is incredibly talented, and a devil may care racer when he is going for it, one of the best talents of the last decade, very composed, doesn't have the insecurities of a Fisichella for example.

You are a smart person. Why do we keep coming down to "you are a Schumacher fan I am a Kimi fan". I call it as I see it, I have no vendetta against Kimi. I am always willing to change my opinions, I am sure you could make me look very stupid by digging up old stuff I have posted here.

The problem is Kimi's inconsistent, too inconsistent to be true great. And that's just him, people try too hard to blame others for that fact. That's why he can be beaten by Massa. Massa will never have a race like Kimi's crazy overtaking races, but sheer persistence gets him somewhere. And some humbleness..

@cavallino: You definitely have posted one of the most idiotic comments on this page. Do us all a favour and get your sources right. You pick quotes from Crash.net? Seriously? Did they actually speak to Kimi face to face about what is good in F1 and what is not?

Welcome to the forum, I am glad my comments made you join, even if by provoking you :D The crash.net article quotes the Red Bulletin (as you would know if you'd actually bothered to read the link instead of having a fit). Here's the full interview - http://en.redbulletin.com/articles/kimi/. I am sure Kimi fans will enjoy it if you haven't seen it. And no, crash.net didn't misquote him.

The rest of your post isn't worth replying to. Calm down. You just got angry over something someone wrote on the internet. Go take a walk or something :D

No he's not. But that's not what we're discussing right now, we'll talk about Kubeetza some day. But not today. My only point is Kimi has had good cars for most of his career, and some people are making a huge deal of one bad year at Ferrari. I think in terms of the cars he has had in F1, Kimi can't have much to complain about. I also think Kubeetza is bloody brilliant and his time will come, remember he only just turned 25! People dismiss ihm the way people used to dismiss Button.

I didn't say that.

He's always spoken his mind, but he's never had much to say which was remotely interesting. As for the sig, that would be me :D And I think it is bloody hilarious that he made a comment on manufacturers leaving and then went to WRC.

See, that's what I and I dare say a few others here don't get. What is this Sh#t Kimi has had to deal with? The guy has had plush rides all through his career. I really don't get what he is whining about, and what his fans are whining about. He got a crap car last year - cry me a river. Happens to the best.

Oh and I repeat, Kubeetza is a brilliant driver.

Cav, he didn't make a comment then leave F1 for WRC. He had already left F1. He was being interviewed, being asked his opinions on who would win the WDC next year, the current state of F1, his thoughts on all the manufacturers leaving etc.

See that's what anoys me here. I don't see Kimi's comments as ones of whining or whinging about things. He was asked questions, and answered them. As far as what he had to deal with, you are naive to think things were rosey at Ferrari in the latter stages of 08 to 09. Second, you don't know it was all peaches and cream. Nor do I know it was all Sh#t and flies. But when Todt was around, things were markedly better than they are now. One minute Kimi's been praised for his outstanding achievements in a dog of a car, then next the team principal is blaming him and saying bad things about his character.

I think every Alonso fan here should thank Kimi right now. He didn't have to leave as his contract was solid. Imagine the roles reversed and Alonso being asked to leave the team. Man would that be some good times. And just for Sh#ts & giggles, get Mad Max involved with the drama too.

Anyway all jokes aside, there must have been a reason Kimi decided to end his Ferrari stint earlier than planned. Whether it was how the team worked around him, or not. Only he and the parties know. But I don't agree with your assumption cav that he had it easy all his career. You find me a better person who took failures and disappointments, blown engines, gearboxes, fires, tyres, you name it. You find me a better person who took it on the chin, who NEVER complained about the team or anyone else. Kimi never once said anything negatively towards anyone. The fact you now think he's going to start, well maybe he's got a right too. And maybe his comments are being taken out of context also.

You are right though that Ferrari messed up majorly by not appointing Brawn as team leader. The current muppets are a joke. Alonso vs Massa is going to be epic for all the wrong reasons. Todt and Brawn wouldn't put up with that Sh#t. Sadly the team leaders now are weak minded if you ask me.

As far as Kubica, yes that's a topic for another day.

Welcome to the forum, I am glad my comments made you join, even if by provoking you :D The crash.net article quotes the Red Bulletin (as you would know if you'd actually bothered to read the link instead of having a fit). Here's the full interview - http://en.redbulleti...articles/kimi/. I am sure Kimi fans will enjoy it if you haven't seen it. And no, crash.net didn't misquote him.

The rest of your post isn't worth replying to. Calm down. You just got angry over something someone wrote on the internet. Go take a walk or something :D

I haven't gotten angry, it's just wrong how they diss him now over a few words. I don't want to go all fanboy-ish about it, because I'm cheering for Rosberg, but Kimi's done enough to prove himself. He's good now where he is and most of his fans should accept it.

Thanks for the welcome btw.

I haven't gotten angry, it's just wrong how they diss him now over a few words.

We have no sacred cows here, we make fun of all drivers, and each other :king:

The best drivers put their heads down when it's not working for them and try to figure out why. The best drivers simply cannot stand their teammates being faster in the same car, it drives them crazy - look at Alonso (did I just say something positive about Alonso again ohmy.gif )

We don't know because it never happened and never will. eekout.gif

If Kimi was on Vodka at Ferrari, would be be able to continue his early season momentum at Red Bull, an energy drink? :P

Oh come on, if you go through the thread you'll find at least a handful of positive things I had to say about Kimi. you want me to put them in one place? He is incredibly talented, and a devil may care racer when he is going for it, one of the best talents of the last decade, very composed, doesn't have the insecurities of a Fisichella for example.

You are a smart person. Why do we keep coming down to "you are a Schumacher fan I am a Kimi fan". I call it as I see it, I have no vendetta against Kimi. I am always willing to change my opinions, I am sure you could make me look very stupid by digging up old stuff I have posted here.

The problem is Kimi's inconsistent, too inconsistent to be true great. And that's just him, people try too hard to blame others for that fact. That's why he can be beaten by Massa. Massa will never have a race like Kimi's crazy overtaking races, but sheer persistence gets him somewhere. And some humbleness..

Hmm, we're debating in a different directions. Cav. Looks like there's no way I can convince you or you can convince me.

Why are we forgetting that the entire management of Ferrari had become incredibly poor after Todt left?

And why didn't he have problems with the set-up at Mclaren?Do you know that Ron Dennis gave Kimi some amount of credit for MP4-22? And we all know what a stunner that car was, don't we?

And again, why did things start going in Kimi's favor JUST when Ferrari needed him?

I have stated facts. You can fight back my facts with facts, something you've not done. The conspiracy theory, as you'd like to call it is just my conclusion.(which you have fought back with your opinion)

But the basis on which I've come to this conclusion are facts.Let me just repeat myself.The performance was gone after the updates. Once the updates were removed, China...we all saw what happened. Why were the updates removed so late? Spa. One track where the car does not decide the result. And Kimi had owned that race right from the start. Again in 2009, Massa's gone- Kimi's performing. WHY?

Why are Kimi's race engineers(Dyer and Stella) all praises about him if he was the one who was under-performing?

Again my last few questions about Todt, Dyer and hiring kimi?

Alright. Here's a simpler question. Why was Kimi Raikkonen, a man who had not won a single WDC preffered over Michael Schumacher, a 7 time world champion, the bloody heart of Ferrari by LDM at the end of 2006?

What has been going on in Ferrari?

I've been asking myself the same question and I found this. Dunno if it's true, but it seems to me it could have gone like this