Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

Kimi To Rbr In 2011. Seems Far More Credible Now Than Ever

I've been asking myself the same question and I found this. Dunno if it's true, but it seems to me it could have gone like this

I've heard most of the important things on that long long long (did I say long?) article. At some stage after Schumacher's retirement I read he said he had to go to leave room for Felipinho so it might be true that he was told to accept Kimi as a teammate or leave. When I read Todt is considered the most malicious person on to legs... I fear for Alonso.

Todt tried to recruit Alonso twice (1999 and 2005) and both times Alonso said no. That, specially the first no, annoyed the French a lot. I remember Todt saying that Alonso would never drive for Ferrari as long as he was there which could be a message for Montezemolo (like I read on that article when Schumi was there), probably because what LCdM would have love is having Raikkonen-Alonso in the team (understandable from a fan but questionable from a team principal). We should remember Todt's son is Massa's manager, so ultimately was (is?) Todt's protege.

I'm sure Raikkonen could have been driving an F1 car but he didn't want to. Now Schumacher is back, Alonso in Ferrari, Hamilton-Button in McLaren, Massa the most improved driver of the last few years, Vettel, Kubica... And Raikkonen is out just because he didn't want to be part of it. Whether he wanted more money, he wanted a break... Whatever, we can enjoy seeing him in WRC.

Obviously I`m new to this place but I`ve been following these boards for quite a while now, especially this thread.

To start off:

@cavallino: You definitely have posted one of the most idiotic comments on this page. \

Thats Cav when he comments on kimi. no mental energy used up there(the brain), somehow he just loses it.....

If Kimi goes to RBR in 2011 that means Vettel HAS to go to Ferrari!

Where's your logic come from on that one then? As much as I like Webber, I fear that if Kimi went to RBR in '11, it'd be Webber moving somewhere else.

Where's your logic come from on that one then? As much as I like Webber, I fear that if Kimi went to RBR in '11, it'd be Webber moving somewhere else.

OK vettel for RBR 2011 & Webber to Williams after Rubens retires!

Why would Webber go back to Williams? Sheesh, some people. If he went anywhere it would be Mercede's or even McLaren.

Kimi will most likely NOT come back to F1.

Erm, why are we even discussing 2011 when the 2010 season hasn't even started? I think it's most likely people are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 with this whole Kimi to RBR thing. :rolleyes:

Having found no new news on Kimi over the past week, I'm going into withdrawals. He seems to be taking a beating these days from idiotic Ferrari managers, and others all giving their 2 rupees worth. Anyone got any updates on our monkey man?

Having found no new news on Kimi over the past week, I'm going into withdrawals. He seems to be taking a beating these days from idiotic Ferrari managers, and others all giving their 2 rupees worth. Anyone got any updates on our monkey man?

No, for the simple reason that he isn't in F1 next year! :P

Its all related to rally now!

Aha! Found this tonight...

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5866406,00.html

Christian Horner has successfully managed to avoid responding to rumours that Kimi Raikkonen could return to Formula One with Red Bull Racing in 2011.

Raikkonen quit the sport at the end of last season after failing to sign a deal to partner Lewis Hamilton at McLaren.

Instead, the Finn will spend the 2010 season in the World Rally Championship with his campaign backed by energy drink company, Red Bull.

This, coupled with Raikkonen's claims that he may be back in F1 in 2011, have led to rumours that he's Red Bull-bound upon his return.

Horner, though, has refused to comment on the rumours.

"I think Kimi has pledged his future to rallying," said Horner.

"His heart seems to be firmly set on rallying, he is going about his campaign in preparation for his rally campaign this year and it is going to be fascinating to see how he performs in that arena.

"Certainly going the other way, when we tested Sebastien Loeb in Barcelona at the end of 2008, he acquitted himself very, very well.

"It will be interesting to see how Kimi performs but I think his focus is fully on rallying, and our focus is very much on our own drivers for the 2010 season."

Horner certainly did deflect the question of whether or not Kimi would be in a RBR in 2011 buy stating what everyone already knows. He could easily have said Kimi was not in the future plans of RBR, but instead said Kimi was doing WRC in 2010. So he said nothing, but took some minutes to do it.

Maybe it was all edited this way, but it certainly doesn't douse the speculation about Kimi > RBR 2011.

Go Kimi Go.

I personally don't think he'll be back in F1, WRC's more his thing. And I don't think many people could really care at the moment anyway as that's 2011 and we haven't even started 2010 yet!

Horner certainly did deflect the question of whether or not Kimi would be in a RBR in 2011 buy stating what everyone already knows. He could easily have said Kimi was not in the future plans of RBR, but instead said Kimi was doing WRC in 2010. So he said nothing, but took some minutes to do it.

Maybe it was all edited this way, but it certainly doesn't douse the speculation about Kimi > RBR 2011.

Go Kimi Go.

:blink: Kimi's fans are even worse than I thought.

Are you aware that he didn't deny that Groucho, Chico and Harpo might be joining RBR in 2011 either, right? Zeppo, on the other hand...but I disgress. The guy said Kimi's heart is with rallying right now. Kimi is making all these bitter comments about F1 and how happy he is in the land of fairies and elves called WRC. Yet, as CH did not say "Kimi signed an affidavit stating that he won't race in F1 in 2011" it means he will be back? You (and PlanetF1, the less serious of all websites for George's sake!)are reading too much on what is not just the obvious answer, but the ONLY answer anybody would give on such a question: "he is not on our 2010 plans". As 2011 plans do not exist yet (neither from RBR, nor from Kimi who seems unable to plan more than a couple of drinks in the future) you won't get anymore than that. But it sounds as strongly as a hint of Kimi coming back on 2011 as a hint that he will be working on a stripper club by then.

Wait...the stripper club option sounds more probable... :P

:blink: Kimi's fans are even worse than I thought.

No Sh#t. A story form planet F1 (the daily mail of F1) where the only quote is "I think Kimi has pledged his future to rallying,". OMZ THAT TOTALLY MEANZ HE IZ COMIGN TO RED BULL NET YEAR THEY ARE TOTALLY HIDING THAT FACT OMG OMGO MG *SHRIEK LIKE TEENAGED GIRL*

That's just sad. You seriously trawl the internet looking for news, any news on Kimi?? Did you meet anyone offering to sell you nekkid pictures of Kimi?

LINK TO NEKKID VIDEOZ OF KIMI OMG OMG SO HOT SO SEXY

That's just sad. You seriously trawl the internet looking for news, any news on Kimi?? Did you meet anyone offering to sell you nekkid pictures of Kimi?

LINK TO NEKKID VIDEOZ OF KIMI OMG OMG SO HOT SO SEXY

You're serious right. I guess you are. Only a fool would resort to such a lewd and ridiculous attempt at conversation. So in your attempt to put me down, you bring pron into the equation. I guess that shows where your head is at.

I think what's sadder is someone like yourself, used spent and angry at life. I'm certainly not afraid or ashamed to say I'm a Kimi fan. There's nothing wrong with that. Nor is the desire to see him back in F1 either. Instead of staying on topic, you had nothing to add, thus resorting to one of the cliched "rules of the internet".

Maybe you're related to Leno... both losers in my book.

Go Kimi Go.

Speculation is speculation, its happening because there are sparks somewhere. But you need to get a little realistic here. There was a sparkle in Kimi's eyes every time he spoke of rally, he really wants to be there and don't expect him to leave after his rookie year. He'll just learn more, get deeper into the sport and he wouldn't feel like going back to F1. Instead of reading into Horner's words, read some old interview's of Kimi - Do I want F1?

Looks like he does not! He is excited, happy and I respect his decision. I'm just asking you to look at the bigger picture. Rally suits him. I am a Kimi fan not because he is an F1 racer, its because of the kind of racer he is no matter which sport it is. F1 will be too dull for him after rallying. Try to accept what he has taken up.

And try not posting about Kimi in this forum. As you can see, people are only interested in ranting about how silly Kimi fans are. Enjoy the forum with no strings attached.

And try not posting about Kimi in this forum. As you can see, people are only interested in ranting about how silly Kimi fans are.

Yup. After years of bitter jumping onto each other's throat, finally the Schumi/Lewis/Nando fans have found out that it is much more fun to bash on the Kimi/Button crowd :P

So, we stablished a truce while we all fester on you guys. Carfeul, though, us MS/LH/FA fans are veterans of many battles ;)

Yup. After years of bitter jumping onto each other's throat, finally the Schumi/Lewis/Nando fans have found out that it is much more fun to bash on the Kimi/Button crowd :P

So, we stablished a truce while we all fester on you guys. Carfeul, though, us MS/LH/FA fans are veterans of many battles ;)

Now that Kimi's gone....I guess I'm going to see you people jumping onto each otehr's throat again!:D

Will Kimi come back into F1?

It depends on a few things, like how well he does in rallying, if he gets an offer and if that offer is any good, etc.

It's not at all a foregone conclusion that he'll be at RBR in 2011 though.

You're serious right. I guess you are. Only a fool would resort to such a lewd and ridiculous attempt at conversation. So in your attempt to put me down, you bring pron into the equation. I guess that shows where your head is at.

I think what's sadder is someone like yourself, used spent and angry at life. I'm certainly not afraid or ashamed to say I'm a Kimi fan. There's nothing wrong with that. Nor is the desire to see him back in F1 either. Instead of staying on topic, you had nothing to add, thus resorting to one of the cliched "rules of the internet".

Maybe you're related to Leno... both losers in my book.

Tought sh*t isn't it, your favourite driver no longer being in the championship? Oh well, there's many others out there...