Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Quick Nick

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Nick will end up?

• Sauber
    • Renault
    • Toro Rosso
    • Campos
    • USF1
    • Another series, test driver, or selling ice creams

Nick's options are running out fast. Where does everyone think he might end up?

Personally I think he should target the last STR drive....sure they came last in the '09 season, but the only thing holding them back is the drivers. They need someone like Nick, more than any of the other teams.

Sauber. Its just his team.

Well, if he's at Sauber, he's third driver since, they already have Kamui Kobayashi and Pedro de la Rosa lined up for 2010, unless something changed.

I know the STR drive is still "officially" open, but I am still under the impression Alguersuari's got it locked up. They do it every year to one of their drivers to make a point: go faster, crash less. Or whatever.

Renault are his best option. I'm not sure if he is theirs. Heidfeld outscored Kubica 150-137 in their three seasons and 6 races together. Building a team around Heidfeld and Kubica is kind of daft. You have a guy who can't win, and a guy who can win but can't put a season together and usually doesn't win and ends up losing to a guy who can't win, which makes him no better. And then Kubica just goes and blames everything but himself for everything and it gets annoying. But anyway, I'm not sure they'll take Heidi. He's just generic. Renault might need money, too.

Campos, US F1? Best bet is to just go and race DTM at that point.

I'm not so sure High-me has that STR seat locked down Eric. As for PDLR at Sauber...it just makes no sense to me...Peter Sauber has one of the best talent sniffing noses in the game, and that just seems like a backward step with huge risk (anyone remember a guy called Badoer?). Until it's official (for either team), I think it's a bit too soon to count the chickens.

I'm not so sure High-me has that STR seat locked down Eric. As for PDLR at Sauber...it just makes no sense to me...Peter Sauber has one of the best talent sniffing noses in the game, and that just seems like a backward step with huge risk (anyone remember a guy called Badoer?). Until it's official (for either team), I think it's a bit too soon to count the chickens.

Well, I am sure he does, so there.

As for the Sauber seat, last report I read: it's between Piddler, Klien, and John Carlos Fizzakella. And it's not Fizzakella or Klien. Heidfeld's reported now to be a potential Mercedes GP third driver. So he'll be logging plenty of km this year when Schumi fails and quits mid-way through the year. Or he'll just be logging plenty of km in NASCAR Trucks.

Always the charmer you :)

:lol: It was the kind of day where one half of the school smelt like burnt popcorn because some teacher figured popcorn needed to go in the microwave for 3 hours and 8 minutes, and the other half of the school smelt like vomit because someone just so happened to blow chunks into one of the bubblers (I guess water fountain is the more accepted term outside of my little area of the world, so water/drinking fountain...the things you can drink from but wouldn't because they give you cancer, or at least the two cases of stomach cancer at my school were linked to the water fountains, probably because people puke in them, but anyway, I really shouldn't make light of that problem, since one of those students is no longer with us). My locker just so happens to be on the side where the bubbler is, and they decided to throw kitty litter on it rather than...clean it. In short, MLIA.

Sounds like you should just drop out man. You're already smarter than the average American...I mean, you actually know the world isn't flat.

Sounds like you should just drop out man. You're already smarter than the average American...I mean, you actually know the world isn't flat.

:lol: Well, saying the world isn't flat is only partially true. I mean, it has six flat sides to it, but if you're on one of the corners, yeah, I suppose that's a problem.

:lol: It was the kind of day where one half of the school smelt like burnt popcorn because some teacher figured popcorn needed to go in the microwave for 3 hours and 8 minutes, and the other half of the school smelt like vomit because someone just so happened to blow chunks into one of the bubblers (I guess water fountain is the more accepted term outside of my little area of the world, so water/drinking fountain...the things you can drink from but wouldn't because they give you cancer, or at least the two cases of stomach cancer at my school were linked to the water fountains, probably because people puke in them, but anyway, I really shouldn't make light of that problem, since one of those students is no longer with us). My locker just so happens to be on the side where the bubbler is, and they decided to throw kitty litter on it rather than...clean it. In short, MLIA.

This is just dandy. Eric has a bad day at school and then proceeds to rain sh*t on everyone and everything including poor old USF1 (see other thread). He let's the trials and tribulations of his personal life influence crucial opinions on this forum.

And that's why I love the guy.

(P.S.: Spell it likes it's pronounced in our neck of the woods: bubbla')

In Saubers own words it would be someone who brings "new ideas and new knowledge into the company".

So that rules out Fisi, Heidfeld and Klein. PDR would be an odd choice. Not because he's total rubbish, I'm sure he can race. But because it's at odds with signing Kamui. Sauber isn't a play by the numbers kind of operator.

JV perhaps? Heck why not, but I don't see that happening. Sauber's quote of new ideas means it's someone who hasn't been involved with the team before.

I mean there are quite a few names that have been thrown around lately. So the safe bets of Heidfeld, Fisi etc., seem to have eroded with Saubers comments.

This is just dandy. Eric has a bad day at school and then proceeds to rain sh*t on everyone and everything including poor old USF1 (see other thread). He let's the trials and tribulations of his personal life influence crucial opinions on this forum.

And that's why I love the guy.

(P.S.: Spell it likes it's pronounced in our neck of the woods: bubbla')

:lol: For having a reputation as being pretty laidback in the real world, I'm actually quite angry on the Interwebs. I gotta get it out somewhere! :P

Aaah, thaaah's a wicked p**sah bubblaaaaah right next to that rum yaah just bang a larry right ovaaaah thaaaah and yaah'll see the bubblaaaaaah's not that faaaaaah.

I absolutely love New England (I can be an educated Democratic elitist snob and no one will think any less of me!!!!, and it's cold, and I honestly love the cold, though I'm sure when I lose my youthful youthfulness I'll be hittin' the clam chowdaaaaaah when it gets cold like they all do someday; I've never even tried chowder, I'm such a little outsider...actually, I'm more New Englander than New Jersian since I'm not an orange-tan Italian guy who wears skin-tight $9,000 outfits and walks around with a fake plastic guidette with an obnoxious voice...because that's totally how all of New Jersey is, aside from all the nuclear waste, which probably explains a lot about me having been raised down there) and never plan on leaving, but if there's one thing I'm thankful for, it's not being an original New Englander: I couldn't take myself seriously with that accent :P (Though the NJ accent is worse, so I'm glad I avoided that, too).

JV perhaps? Heck why not, but I don't see that happening. Sauber's quote of new ideas means it's someone who hasn't been involved with the team before.

Peter Sauber once said that hiring Villeneuve was a big mistake. I imagine he won't make the same mistake again.

I also imagine I say "I imagine" too much.

I also imagine that Sauber don't have that much funding from Kam Kob (kind of like a corn cob but better), so they'll need someone with some serious pounds (as in money, and not girth, or else we can expect Tony Stewart on the grid...and I only thought US F1 would consider him)!

'Quick' Nick is about as useless as a condom with holes in.

Put him out to pasture. There's better drivers who could do a better job.

As I said in the '2010 Teams & Drivers' thread, Nick will most probably end up as No.3 at MGP. He's probably too expensive for a re-vamped Renault and STR. Peter Sauber has already passed and that speaks volumes.

It's hard to dislike Nick H. but you have to wonder how much he brings to the party at this point in his F1 career. In broad terms I would say he's an older version of Heikki K: talented, capable and generally supportive within a team; in essence, he has been a good #2 driver. He has always seemed to lack the intense 'drive' if not ruthless ambition and ego to win in contemporary Formula One. His personality and on-track demeanor typically bear this out. I'm not sure he is ready to be put out to pasture but should he remain within F1 he may best serve a team in a test/reserve driver role and, as Insider notes above, if he can slot into a #3 position at Mercedes GP that may just suit all parties.

I rate Nick's on track character as much as I rate Jenson's.

But this time I consider that his ultimate failure is not so much due to his failures but due to his success, whatever it was.

Like Jenson (who had his lucky day) or Jarno (who ruined his many), Nick was never too good, nor too bad. His problem is that he never got a Brawn to drive, which I guess he would have driven with better consistence than JB even when the car started to lag behind, and that he was definitely better, more consistent on race distance than a Jarno, which also means he is more expensive than a Jarno.

So, in the end, he is a luxury the smaller teams can't afford, and the wealthier teams do not need.

Proves that not only the fittest survive in F1. Sometimes is the fittest, sometimes the cheapest...the problem is staying in the middle :P

It's hard to dislike Nick H.

No its not. Look. I dislike Nick H.

And the comparison to Jenson above is bollocks, Andres.

I have never once saw a more boring, uninteresting, unambitious driver in Nick. He's happy to be number 2. He's happy to play second fiddle. Where is his drive? He must have left it back home. Cause its never been in F1 and will never ever be.

He doesn't deserve his place.

Jens may appear boring but he's always had ambition. The desire to win. And now he has.

Simples!

Oh. And luck for Brawn doesn't enter it Andres. You still going to say its luck that Jens almost never had a drive? He was at Honda for crying out loud. So no, he didn't get the Brawn drive. He was entitled to it.

Come back to that with what you like. You can dress it up if you want. I'm right. End of story.

:)

No its not. Look. I dislike Nick H.

And the comparison to Jenson above is bollocks, Andres.

I have never once saw a more boring, uninteresting, unambitious driver in Nick. He's happy to be number 2. He's happy to play second fiddle. Where is his drive? He must have left it back home. Cause its never been in F1 and will never ever be.

He doesn't deserve his place.

Jens may appear boring but he's always had ambition. The desire to win. And now he has.

Simples!

Nick seems boring, and unambitious, because his drive is rather tidy and he never accomplish much. Just like Jens up until 2009 :whistling:

That said, he usually has uninteresting races in the middle of nowhere ending up in 7th to 5th positions. That shows he is not that bad. He never had a car capable of more and he is not a guy that push the car beyond its capabilities...just like Jens :whistling:

Sorry, I don't like tidy drivers. I like them a little rough on the edges. Not Nick's nor Jens' style. Just a matter of taste.

Oh. And luck for Brawn doesn't enter it Andres. You still going to say its luck that Jens almost never had a drive? He was at Honda for crying out loud. So no, he didn't get the Brawn drive. He was entitled to it.

Come back to that with what you like. You can dress it up if you want. I'm right. End of story.

:)

I didn't mean that he was lucky to get a Brawn drive. I mean he was lucky that Honda/Brawn ever DELIVERED a good car :lol: Come on! Nobody ever expected them anything else but to fail miserably. He was there and yes, he deserved to get that car. Nick stayed long enough at BMW too, except BMW never ever delivered quite the car he needed. Bad luck for Nick, good luck for Jens, that is what I meant.

I'm still right. Ok. You can be the best. But I'm still right. :lol:

Really, do we care where he'll end up? He's quick but he simply cannot find a good drive to save his life. Without that, he'll never really be anything but a footnote, if that.

I say Renault. Sauber will most likely sign De la Rosa or Fisi up, Toro Rosso has signed Alguersuari, it just hasn't been officially announced as yet (which is a bit worrying for Jaime I suppose). Campos, well, if you believe the sources they already have two drivers signed anyway and US F1, well, he wants a RACE seat doesn't he? As I see it, US F1 probably won't be doing any of that in 2010. Other than racing to get ready.

The sources? Out of curiosity, is there any word from them as to who the second signed driver is? It's been really quiet ever since de la Rosa's deal didn't happen. If Campos have money from BBVA, BR Petrobras, and/or Telef

The sources? Out of curiosity, is there any word from them as to who the second signed driver is? It's been really quiet ever since de la Rosa's deal didn't happen. If Campos have money from BBVA, BR Petrobras, and/or Telef