Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Quick Nick

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Nick will end up?

• Sauber
    • Renault
    • Toro Rosso
    • Campos
    • USF1
    • Another series, test driver, or selling ice creams

And suddenly, L

Oh, don't worry. It's not as though L

He looks like a paedophile who wouldn't try hard enough to abuse a child.

'Quick' Nick is about as useless as a condom with holes in.

Put him out to pasture. There's better drivers who could do a better job.

:roll:

Anyway, I never liked the guy too. I remember decent moves, decent amount of points, decent everything actually....next!

Quick Nick?

Sorry I haven't a clue who you are talking about :D

Well it's not you for sure, old timer. :lol:

Quick Nick, is that the same as the 30 second man?

I'd like to see him on the grid.

I'm sure all he has to do is say he'll race for nothing.

Can't see him at Renault as that partnership has proven to be ok but nothing special, you'd think he'd stay with his friends at Sauber really. USF1 and Campos have no money and probably no cars.

Dammit, all these comments... his lack of personality etc. Shouldn't we be talking about the guys ability as an F1 driver, and not the fact that he's a vertically challenged funny looking person that looks like yer local Asda manager?

He'll be selling ice-cream. :P

It's hard to dislike Nick H. but you have to wonder how much he brings to the party at this point in his F1 career. In broad terms I would say he's an older version of Heikki K: talented, capable and generally supportive within a team; in essence, he has been a good #2 driver. He has always seemed to lack the intense 'drive' if not ruthless ambition and ego to win in contemporary Formula One. His personality and on-track demeanor typically bear this out. I'm not sure he is ready to be put out to pasture but should he remain within F1 he may best serve a team in a test/reserve driver role and, as Insider notes above, if he can slot into a #3 position at Mercedes GP that may just suit all parties.

Yup I agree with that.

By signing a deal as a test driver in modern F1 you might as well retire, this is now the territory of young drivers who are also racing in other series. Wow some straight line test you or I could do, and any other testing the race drivers do because its for their benefit so their feedback is most valuable. Donkey work no more sadly.

Nick should end up at Renault, with every day passing i'm sure that his asking dollar value will be dropping. So I don't see money being a deal breaker, its just comes down to Renault wanting to run with an expirenced line up or try to develop a driver for the future. I think Renault now free from the Flavio managed driver shackles should run with Nick giving them to two consistant drivers, something of which they have not had in a while.

Test drivers these days don't really exist. Accept for boasting points by some half talented, or no talented driver with money to burn. I bet anyone of us, if we had the right amount of money could be a test driver. Since they don't actually test anymore, it's a phantom role. Nick being test driver for Merc has only one positive outcome for him. That Schumi is still not over his neck issues. It's a gamble. If I were him, I'd be working flat out to get the Renault seat. Even if they are mid to back enders, it's sure beats being a test driver doesn't it.

Dammit, all these comments... his lack of personality etc. Shouldn't we be talking about the guys ability as an F1 driver, and not the fact that he's a vertically challenged funny looking person that looks like yer local Asda manager?

He'll be selling ice-cream. :P

:roll:

I think thats why most of us have commented on his personality. What ability does he have?

My point exactly!!!!!