Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (2)

Formula One 2010  

22 members have voted

1. 1. THE WINNER

• Mercedes GP
    • RBR-Renault
    • McLaren-Mercedes
    • Ferrari
    • Renault
    • Other? Are you kidding?
  2. 2. THE MOST IMPROVED and/or BEST SURPRISE

• Mercedes GP
    • RBR-Renault
    • McLaren-Mercedes
    • Ferrari
    • Reanult
    • Other?
  3. 3. THE BIG DISAPPONTMENT

• Mercedes GP
    • RBR-Renault
    • McLaren-Mercedes
    • Ferrari
    • Renault
    • Other?

Two years after the first TF1 big poll we go for a bigger one.

1.- And the winner is... I think Ferrari should have a good car. They stopped the development of last year's car soon to get focused on a new and promising proyect... Alonso+Massa should grab more points than any other couple on a good car and probably would win the Championship too... But the best car last year, the last half at least, was RBR-Renault and Vettel+Webber could grab more points than any other couple... Actually, I think Mercedes GP could have the upper hand during the first half of the season again... Schumacher-Rosberg could be a good couple, one experienced, the other young but... Oh well, McLaren-Mercedes did a great job last year, they improved a lot... And Hamilton-Button, the latest pair of World Champions... And Renault... they started a new project very soon and the grid will be even tighter than last year's... And Kubica and, and... They won't get another Nelsinho, they'll have a competitve couple no dobut about it... And the rest... We could have a BIG BIG surprise next year...

2.- I still have question 1 in my mind. Can you wait a sec?

3.- I only know the big disappointment won't be any of the previous answers and that says a lot these days. Well, maybe not.

eusa_think.gif

1. McLaren

2. Ferrari

3. Renault.

Winner : Mclaren-Mercedes

Most Improved: Red Bull, people are already counting them out. And Force India, I hope!

Disappointment: Renault, again. Ferrari, I hope :P

Winners: Ferrari

Most improved: Renault. I actually think with a new owner, new team boss and two new drivers, it'll be a fresh start for Renault. I think they'll certainly have improved. Well, they can't get much worse, that's for sure.

Disappointment: McLaren (out of hope more than anything though :P)

Winners: Ferrari

Most improved: Renault. I actually think with a new owner, new team boss and two new drivers, it'll be a fresh start for Renault. I think they'll certainly have improved. Well, they can't get much worse, that's for sure.

Disappointment: McLaren (out of hope more than anything though tongue.gif)

Ditto!

But, don't have time for F1 now - DAKAR is on! and Holowczyc is in 6th place - the fastest of the priviteers! Go Holo!

And my feeling is that Button and Schumacher will be the biggest disappointments this year. Renault will be the biggest improvement (relatively speaking - they'll end up in 4th or 5th).

Fianlly I can make a decision on 2010, in order of question:

Mercedes

Mercedes

McLaren...-Mercedes

2010 is Mercedes year, especially with that orgasmic SLS gullwing!

It is relevant to take into account the transfer of drivers.

McLaren gets important info from BrawnGP via Button. After all, there is no reason to think Button is not in the loop regarding what BrawnGP has in mind for 2010.

BrawnGP gets important info from Ferrari via Schumacher. After all, same reasoning as before.

Some would consider banning these goniffs but none of them is Alonso so we are safe at least on that account (I'll be around soon for _that_ one).

Naturally, there are other drivers and teams in similar situations but they matter very much less so.

My take is simple. Ferrari delivers, BRB continues to impress, and BrawnGP has already spent his share of "coincidences" regarding when, how, and to whom FIA rules apply.

You forgot to mention Alonso to Ferrari. I bet Ferrari are dying to know how could their old nemesis end up with the slowest car in the grid. For laughs.

It is relevant to take into account the transfer of drivers.

McLaren gets important info from BrawnGP via Button. After all, there is no reason to think Button is not in the loop regarding what BrawnGP has in mind for 2010.

BrawnGP gets important info from Ferrari via Schumacher. After all, same reasoning as before.

Some would consider banning these goniffs... (clap3.gif marvelous - almost no one uses the word "goniff" any longer) ...but none of them is Alonso so we are safe at least on that account (I'll be around soon for _that_ one).

Naturally, there are other drivers and teams in similar situations but they matter very much less so.

My take is simple. Ferrari delivers, BRB continues to impress... (blink.gif Be Right Back Racing??) ...and BrawnGP has already spent his share of "coincidences" regarding when, how, and to whom FIA rules apply.

That said, the heavy rotation of drivers from '09 to '10 should have more of an impact than usual. Good point.

You forgot to mention Alonso to Ferrari. I bet Ferrari are dying to know how could their old nemesis end up with the slowest car in the grid. For laughs.

Yes, the most improved has to be Renault.

That or they will be the big disappointment yet again. sad.gif

Poor Kubica if that happens.

Wienner: Ferrari. (Biased Alonso fan.)

Improved: Mclaren.Fighting for the championsheeeps.

Disappointment: RBR. Lots of candidates for wins, I had to leave someone out.

Wienner: Ferrari. (Biased Alonso fan.)

Improved: Mclaren.Fighting for the championsheeeps.

Disappointment: RBR. Lots of candidates for wins, I had to leave someone out.

Wiener?

I thought it was "Whiner". :P

Funny, because so far all the whinning came from Massa ("Ferrari loves me coz I'm a good team player. Ferrari don't like other people. If Alonso treats me bad I'm going to call my big Daddy Schumi...oops, he's no more around! Bwaaaah"), Kimi ("It's the money, I tell ya! It has nothing to do with the fact that I sucked at Ferrari and I like ice creams more than racing!") and Lewis ("I trashed him by an amazing quantity of zero points more than him in 2007!"). Meanwhile, all that Nando did was call everyday at Maranello to know how the simulator testings were going (source: James Allen's blog).

:P :P

Funny, because so far all the whinning came from Massa ("Ferrari loves me coz I'm a good team player. Ferrari don't like other people. If Alonso treats me bad I'm going to call my big Daddy Schumi...oops, he's no more around! Bwaaaah"), Kimi ("It's the money, I tell ya! It has nothing to do with the fact that I sucked at Ferrari and I like ice creams more than racing!") and Lewis ("I trashed him by an amazing quantity of zero points more than him in 2007!"). Meanwhile, all that Nando did was call everyday at Maranello to know how the simulator testings were going (source: James Allen's blog).

:P :P

Well, it's about time he said nothing ;)

1.- Question 2 is multiple choice!

2.- Betting odds

f1odds2010.jpg

1.- McLaren-Mercedes: Hamilton (1) + Button (5)

2.- Ferrari: Alonso (2) + Massa (6)

3.- Mercedes GP: Schumacher (3) + Rosberg (7)

4.- RBR-Renault: Vettel (4) + Webber (8)

1.- Question 2 is multiple choice!

2.- Betting odds

f1odds2010.jpg

1.- McLaren-Mercedes: Hamilton (1) + Button (5)

2.- Ferrari: Alonso (2) + Massa (6)

3.- Mercedes GP: Schumacher (3) + Rosberg (7)

4.- RBR-Renault: Vettel (4) + Webber (8)

Someone has time on his shoulders!

Wow, Alonso not whining yet? Well there's still time! :P

Those betting odds would be pretty interesting......if I knew anything about betting. As I don't, I'll just say "nice".

Hahaha, I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I like the guy and I have no choice but to support him (since he arrived at Ferrari) I just hope all this about "I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram this time" is true! :P

Would doubt it. "Leaks" are one thing whilst "facts" are another. If I worked for a major news paper I'd maybe make stuff up about Mercedes or McLaren or whoever lacking aerodynamic efficieny. It happens every year. I suppose the only way we'll really know is come Bahrain, and besides, if there was a problem, I think they would have gone a good distance to resolve them by the time they got to the first race.

A better way of knowing is to look at Alonso's face after he first drives the car.

I read somewhere teams fighting for the Championship would be able to reduce on average 1 second 2009 lap times. If they've that in mind they'll know whether they'll be able to fight for the Championship very soon. But 1 second on average could mean nearly 2 seconds on a good track. Is that possible? eusa_think.gif

Anyway, Ferrai know they don't need the best car, they just have Alonso. naughty.gif