Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Is Campos Dead?

Seems it's a rumour that won't go away. Don't worry about USF1, Eric, but your pick for the WCC, Campos, looks as likely to make the starting grid, as does an A1GP car at Surfers Paradise.

Seems they don't have the budget.

Seems Dallara (whom are making the chassis) have stopped work on the car (note the singular, not the plural)

Seems Nephew Senna can't attract sponsors money

Seems Tony Texiera (Eric's favourite South African Uncle, once removed from his mothers sisters brothers aunts nephews nieces grandmothers side of the family)

Seems they are kaput before the first flag fall

Seems Stefan GP will take up their slot on the grid - with a Toyota engine??? And Nakijima at the wheel????

Discuss, laugh, make a bad joke...

It looks like Stefan GP have more serious intentions than several of those already in the list for 2010, I think they should be given a chance and soon.

The question is, were Campos ever alive? I think they were completely sure that the budget cap deal would actually happen, but obviously it didn't, and now they are pretty....screwed. I wouldn't count on them dropping out yet though, Stefan GP is no better for me. I hope Campos make it though, I really do.

Campos is very much alive... Jorge Campos the Mexican footballer who used to design his own kits... Who cares about the fly by night namesake F1 team!

campos1.jpg

Apparently as campos could not afford to pay dallara, stefan gp mayve signed them (read somewhere), and that would make things eeven more complicate for them. the thing is, stefangp wont buy their entry, they just need to wait them fail.

Discuss, laugh, make a bad joke...

Latest news today in Spain:

Campos may disappear today.

If team fails to pay his single-seater constructor Dallara, it will be for Stefan GP

The Campos-Meta team may have few hours. Today is a key time for its future, since in case of unmet debt that keeps with Dallara, the constructor of their cars, everything would become property of Stefan GP, the team that aspires to be the formula one grid on 14 March in Bahrain. Sighted on the new investor of the Spanish team, Tony Teixeira, liquidity risks seem so confirmed. The South African businessman has got the shareholding of Campos-Meta, but its expected economic injection doesn't end coming, so that Dallara has given this ultimatum to Adrián Campos. The Italian constructor is unwilling to wait any longer, especially now that entered scene a buyer for the cars that were intended for fields. And Zoran Stefanovic, with the support of the selfsame Bernie Ecclestone, remains steadfast in its intention to compete in 2010. Already been done with the structure of the Toyota F1 defunct and now wants to chassis fields can not afford. Wrong paints the thing...

The question is, were Campos ever alive?

Amusing question and quite true too.

On the other hand, FIA's behavior last season tell us that Campos will be a title contender if not a winner by default.

Just saying.

The question is, were Campos ever alive?

Quite interesting question.....But I prefer them dead, because they would have had some sort of unfair advantage, they would have done a Brawn 2009, but with less hardwork.. I have no problems with Brawn winning, because they worked hard during the previous season to achive it.....sad that Toyota too worked very hard during 2008 on its 2009 contender had a good car but didn't have the drivers to extract its full potential....Just a pole here and there, I am sure some effort would have been put to develop this year's car, and with StefanGp taking over it, we will have a chance to see what they had done. I rather see Stefan GP do well than some team which had all the help of FIA right from the start trash everyone.

Campos is very much alive... Jorge Campos the Mexican footballer who used to design his own kits... Who cares about the fly by night namesake F1 team!

campos1.jpg

Imagine a F1 car with a livery like the Jorge Campos Uniform.....and you complain about the virgin livery with a tribal design.

There are other teams and drivers as well as Michael and Mercedes?

There are other teams and drivers as well as Michael and Mercedes?

Well said.

Eh. F1 has always been Darwinian by nature.

In a machiavellian way, you bet.

Imagine a F1 car with a livery like the Jorge Campos Uniform.....and you complain about the virgin livery with a tribal design.

You can try the following on for size:

Thinking about it, what's gonna happen to poor Bruno?? Not sure bout USF1 making it to the grid so it'll have to be Stefan GP for Bruno :lol:

Tough break for him if it doesn't come off. I bet he was pretty happy with himself after he signed that contract thinking he'd finally made it until Campos informed him.....actually, we don't have a car. Sorry.

You can try the following on for size:

I actually liked the old multi-colour Benetton but the rest were indeed shockers that thankfully weren't around for long :)

Well Campos IS dead. And Bernie has a new team. Wonder if he'll bring back the fan car???? From F1complete.com

Campos leaves team, to be Volkswagen in 2011 emailButton.png Feb.11 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone and Jose Ramon Carabante have joined forces to rescue the Campos team, Spain's Diario AS newspaper reports.

The deal will reportedly see team partner and president Carabante take over from Adrian Campos and lead the outfit to its Bahrain debut next month, before the German car giant Volkswagen steps in for 2011.

AS said the team intends to change its official name from Campos Meta 1 prior to the start of the season.

The Valencia headquarters will remain for now, and the multi million euro debt to Italian car constructor Dallara will be paid.

AS, explaining that the touted investment of A1 chief Tony Teixeira never materialised, said former Force India boss Colin Kolles will be team principal.

The newspaper said Bruno Senna's contract as race driver will be honoured, and that the hopeful Serbian outfit Stefan GP will instead need to look to assume USF1's official entry.

I wouldn't trust AS(S) even if they told me that the earth is round.Just saying :D

Well Campos IS dead. And Bernie has a new team. Wonder if he'll bring back the fan car???? From F1complete.com

Campos leaves team, to be Volkswagen in 2011 emailButton.png Feb.11 (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone and Jose Ramon Carabante have joined forces to rescue the Campos team, Spain's Diario AS newspaper reports.

The deal will reportedly see team partner and president Carabante take over from Adrian Campos and lead the outfit to its Bahrain debut next month, before the German car giant Volkswagen steps in for 2011.

AS said the team intends to change its official name from Campos Meta 1 prior to the start of the season.

The Valencia headquarters will remain for now, and the multi million euro debt to Italian car constructor Dallara will be paid.

AS, explaining that the touted investment of A1 chief Tony Teixeira never materialised, said former Force India boss Colin Kolles will be team principal.

The newspaper said Bruno Senna's contract as race driver will be honoured, and that the hopeful Serbian outfit Stefan GP will instead need to look to assume USF1's official entry.

Seems like a speculation....

Because VW said they would never enter F1 unless the rules are stable, and now all the new ones are forced to use Cossi.....VW wouldn't want to use a Cossi..

Secondly Kolles has been spotted with Stefan GP too....

I wouldn't trust AS(S) even if they told me that the earth is round.Just saying biggrin.gif

Volkswagen has already denied the rumours.

The earth's still round.

Because VW said they would never enter F1 unless the rules are stable, and now all the new ones are forced to use Cossi.....VW wouldn't want to use a Cossi..

No, they'd use a VW.

On the topic of VW though, did anyone else notice the VW logos on the Scuderia Toro Rosso advertising hording when they released their car last week? I'd say VW would be close to entering F1 again, but I doubt it would be with Campos...