Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Motogp 2010

I agree: I think Stoner + Ducati will be very hard to beat this year. Apparently the new bike has better handling and Stoner is in good shape once again.

Of course Rossi is always there too, and that Lorenzo kid might just win a few :P

Stoner + Ducati = WDC!

Amen

:thbup:

Let's hope so. Have you seen the new bike?? Looks good.

I agree: I think Stoner + Ducati will be very hard to beat this year. Apparently the new bike has better handling and Stoner is in good shape once again.

Of course Rossi is always there too, and that Lorenzo kid might just win a few :P

Should be a great season. Epic battle between Stoner, Rossi and Lorenzo with Pedrosa always in the mix as well. Dovizioso will be the big improver I'm thinking. Will be good to see how Spies goes as well this guy comes with a reputation. Oh don't you just love new seasons!!

Soo, I think it's about time to liven this a bit, don't you think?

So far Rossi is fastest in testing, and we won't know about Lorenzo any time soon because he went and screwed his hand training... can't say I don't see that happening, he just finds the best ways of making his life difficult... Anyway, if he has trouble and complains about lack of testing I'm holding a grudge XD

And my question is... WHY? Oh, why do I have to wait more for MotoGP than for F1?? Dammit. Every time I go to autosport.com to look for something about F1 I end up scrolling down and looking for the new stuff happening in MotoGP >.<

Help me make the wait shorter XD

Yep Rossi is looking strong, and Tanita I thought the same (no surprises ;)) when I heard about Lorenzo's incident.

Can't wait for the season to start, here is an appetiser for you Tanitaaaa

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of that this year!

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of that Tanita this year!

Again, don't mention it. No, really.

Can't wait for the season to start, here is an appetiser for you Tanitaaaa

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of that this year!

Yay, I do hope so! But I'd rather have some more of the action going on in my sig, because this year I'm 90% sure I'll be going to the Catalunya race :D

Again, don't mention it. No, really.

Hahah, I always come to the MotoGP thread, and if F1 proves to be as good as we're hoping for I won't neglect the rest of the forums either^^

You do realise it will be like having two of me post?

Or two of me, you doppelganger! And you didn't even get my looks, pseh... :P

Dovi should be a front runner hopefully. Anybody but Rossi/Stoner to win lol.

Yay, I do hope so! But I'd rather have some more of the action going on in my sig, because this year I'm 90% sure I'll be going to the Catalunya race :D

Hahah, I always come to the MotoGP thread, and if F1 proves to be as good as we're hoping for I won't neglect the rest of the forums either^^

Or two of me, you doppelganger! And you didn't even get my looks, pseh... :P

Oh I hope you go, that would be pretty cool. If you do, make sure to take plenty of snaps for us..

As for the bolded part: don't remind me! :(:D

Dovi should be a front runner hopefully. Anybody but Rossi/Stoner to win lol.

Dovi is cool, fer sure. He's got the hair right, he just needs to work on his performances.

I watch many races because it's entertaining and I like the guys commenting on TVE but I never fully enjoy it like a great F1 Grand Prix. Probably because I've never driven a bike, but I have to acknowlege I'd love to see a few MGP ingredients in F1.

I forgot about this thread. But yep, F1 has plenty to learn from MotoGP. Then again they are different beasts altogether so I'm not sure it's possible.

Great idea to start a MotoGP 2010 thread. The other MotoGP thread is getting too long and loose.

The 125cc race is just over and, wow, it's reason enough to follow the sport. I know some people scorn 125cc but what an error. In the first two laps, there were more passings than a entire F1 race. In the 125cc race as a whole, there were more passings than an entire F1 season. We are talking about 7 front riders constantly overtaking each other several times in each lap. A wonder to watch.

I've said often that passings, in themselves, are not that important to me but, well, they are important for many others. 125cc and other categories of MotoGP deliver these plenty and then some.

Of note, the entire podium is Spaniard. It seems that the long-time dominance of Italian riders might be coming to an end. They still rule by stats but only just. So, congrats to the Spanish fans.

AleHop, you said you've never riden a bike. Hey, it is an easy problem to solve. Buying a new road 125cc cost less than 3,000 bucks. Sure, you will hear many folk argue that 125cc bikes are a joke but they are completely wrong. Unless you are a truly big or a heavy guy, 125cc's are the best way to start, to learn how to trace and brake. They are fun, light, and easy to ride. They don't have the grunt but, honestly, who cares. Many riders jump directly to 600cc and siimilar and it is a huge error because they never learn the basics... for instance, riding slow. It might seem odd, but riding fast is easier than riding slow. The guys that start with large bikes often don't learn how to handle a bike when it matters. Moreover, generally 125cc require no special license other than your regular driver's license (it does depend on the country, of course).

It is true that the larger the bike, the safer it is. It might be counterintuitive but it is a fact. Larger bikes give you better tyres, brakes, chasis, all. Don't forget that the total area of contact with the tarmac is no bigger than a _credit_card_ which is no joke at all.

Also, there are those that claim that if you don't start to ride before you are 30, you will never learn to ride well. It's bulls##t. It's a matter of attitude not age.

I could go on and will do so if there is interest. No problem on my part if anyone wants some advice. Bikes are a great way to have fun, relax, enjoy the landscape... and scratch the "ride to die" creed of some. I've done my share of stupid things on a bike therewhen. Nowadays, I understand the most important skill is to stay on the bike regardless of what comes your way be that rain, snow, gravel, whatever.

As always, though, and more so considering what has happened to Steph, never forget that car or bike, the most dangerous thing on the road, by far, are other drivers. Thus, always ride/drive defensively. The second most dangerous thing is a thug with a batch (that is, some ugly cops) but this is a distant second danger and it usually only involves cash.

On with the 250cc race, err, the Moto2 race...

I love the grunt/weight ratio of 250cc bikes and had misgivings about the new Moto2 category. Well, the riders have delivered. Great race.

Solid win by Tomizawa. Intelligent and brave 2nd place for Debon... and a 4th podium for a Spaniard so far. Special mention to the courage shown by an injured Elias with a most deserved 4th place.

A _spectacular_ start to the season. Very good MotoGP race.

Stoner must be mentioned first. He had it won and crashed it out. For those that know him only of late, you should be aware that Stoner was a crasher. In fact, he literally crashed his way up through the lower categories, being consistently beaten by the likes of Pedrosa among many. When Stoner got to MotoGP, he gave us all an enormous surprise by his unsual skill. However, last season problems plus this crash... well, let's hope it is not an old pattern and, rather, an exeception brought about by eagerness.

Rossi had it easy once Stoner did himself off. Rossi managed the race like the pro he is. Kudos to him.

Lorenzo was, again, uncharacteristically patient for most of the race. When it matters, though, he was tough and brave. Brilliant ride by him and a well deserved 2nd... and a 5th podium for a Spaniard (out of a possible 9).

Dovizioso got what Hayden didn't, a faster bike. That said, Dovizioso rode aggressively and consistently, something we didn't see from him in previous seasons.

Hayden deserved the 3rd that Dovizioso won but should walk away happy. His evolution in Ducati is commendable. This is a difficult bike that seems designed for Stoner and Stoner alone. I like Hayden as a rider and truly hope he keeps it up.

Spies could've not started his journy in MotoGP better. Expecting more of him would be absurd. He rode a solid race and shows a future full of possibilities.

Mentioned should be made of Pedrosa that started like pure thunder to then miserably fade away. There have been talks of setup and development problems with the Honda but Dovizioso's performance says otherwise. Truth be said, and despite his 4 world championships, Pedrosa has to start delivering in MotoGP or he will have to find a bike elsewhere.

It's so hard to say something different, I think most of us agree about everything that happened in the races! I loved the overtaking when Dovi tried to go for Rossi, and the way Lorenzo got to second, he's got some balls!!

Excellent race to start the season (what a contrast to F1's opener!), and I agree with everything maure and Tanita said so I won't repeat it :thbup:

AleHop, you said you've never riden a bike. Hey, it is an easy problem to solve...

I completely agree with you maure but I think it's a bit late for me. Not my age, mainly my health, but thank you for your sincere advice. Maybe in the future if I feel alright and I move to the countryside it could be great fun.

It's been a good start but I enjoyed 250cc the most.

I completely agree with you maure but I think it's a bit late for me. Not my age, mainly my health, but thank you for your sincere advice. Maybe in the future if I feel alright and I move to the countryside it could be great fun.

Sorry to hear you have health problems. Didn't know.

Keep your chin up.

It's been a good start but I enjoyed 250cc the most.

You mean that you enjoyed the old 250cc category better or that you enjoyed the Moto2 race the most? I say this because the new category (Moto2) runs on 600cc and has replaced the 250cc.

You mean that you enjoyed the old 250cc category better or that you enjoyed the Moto2 race the most? I say this because the new category (Moto2) runs on 600cc and has replaced the 250cc.

I thought it was still 250cc. I'm a complete ignorant, there was a good bit of action in that race. An accident early in the first lap and a few fights between three drivers altogether which I enjoyed a lot (but don't ask me for their names). smile.gif

Good race last night. A bit p1ssed off by how it was covered by the BBC though. You could only watch it live through the website, which I did, albeit without volume for some issues I had. Then I recorded the highlights programme, only to find that the stupid golf had overun. I got to see the race which was good, but it cut off before I got to hear Rossi or Dovizioso.

Great race though, really enjoyed it. Some fantastic action and lots of overtaking. MotoGP is one of my firm favourites in the motorsport diciplines I follow now.