Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Motogp 2010

only to find that the stupid golf had overun.

Just because you don't like golf (I don't either) doesn't mean it shouldn't be shown. Look at it this way: if a live race you were watching went over it's timeslot, you'd want the BBC to stick to their committment and show the entire race rather than cut it short. Golf fans felt the same way then. You have to prioritize; it was the biggest golf thing (match? tournament? game?) of the year and probably had good viewership, so they couldn't just say "LOL YOU'LL NEVER KNOW" especially when a highlights program, and not a live event, was following.

Carry on.

I would have liked to have seen the race, though I have an odd relationship with MotoGP (I do like the excitement, though I'm just not a bike guy...so I watch randomly. I guess it's not different from car racing since I'm not a car guy, either), but there's really no way for me to watch MotoGP so I missed out on that.

No, I know, I'm just annoyed by the way it was handled. There is a red button, you know, that BBC could have switched the golf to that instead to keep to schedule.

I cannot believe my luck!!!!

After the events of late, I have just lucked into 2 Moto GP Hospitality tickets at Silverstone on the 18th June for £20 a go. So I got 2.

If I cant ride a bike just yet, I will bloody go watch them! In style. TWENTY QUID!!! HOSPITALITY SEATS!!!! PFFFWAWAWAWA WOOP!

So, by that time I should be out of hospital, hopefully. I dont bloody care, I'm going! WOOP WOOP!

After the events of late, I have just lucked into 2 Moto GP Hospitality tickets at Silverstone on the 18th June for £20 a go. So I got 2.

If I cant ride a bike just yet, I will bloody go watch them! In style. TWENTY QUID!!! HOSPITALITY SEATS!!!! PFFFWAWAWAWA WOOP!

So, by that time I should be out of hospital, hopefully. I dont bloody care, I'm going! WOOP WOOP!

Looks like the Universe is trying to make an apology. Have fun Steph!

Good for you, my friend, good for you. Enjoy. You most deserve it.

Good GP and some great racing.

Spaniards won in all categories and got 6 out of a possible 9 podiums. Stunning. Congrats their compatriots around here.

Lorenzo just jumped into an artificial lake or some such. That kid is amusing too.

Hayden was strong. I like that... he is worth more than many think. Stoner needs to get laid.

Nice to hear that. Hospitality seats sounds better than hospital seats. tongue.gif

Enjoy it, Steph!!!

Spaniards won in all categories and got 6 out of a possible 9 podiums. Stunning. Congrats their compatriots around here.

I only watched MotoGP but it was a good race with some great fights. Lorenzo looked really strong the last few laps after a poor start.

Great race again today, saw the best of the action through my switching of channels between BTCC on ITV4 and MotoGP on BBC2. Saw the last few laps of the MotoGP whilst some support action was on though, another very exciting race. Loved Lorenzo's celebrations too, we need some of that sort of thing in F1!

I only saw MotoGP, as I was saying that Lorenzo usually gives his best as the race progresses he went and did exactly that, great race for him, a deserved win.

I was surprised to see Hayden ahead of Stoner, are we witnessing a groundbreaking change in Ducati? Would be nice!

Hope so. Can't really stand Stoner that much. After several awful seasons it's nice to see Hayden back where he deserves to be.

The man was Lorenzo and Rossi could do nothing about it.

Pedrosa disappointed big time while Stoner is back to his worst self, namely, the eternal crasher (he was a renowned crasher, for those that only watch MotoGP).

I won't bring up 125cc or Moto2 since it seems there is little interest on those categories in TF1.

Not the most interesting MotoGP race this season, the first few laps were pretty good as Rossi defended from Lorenzo but once Jorge got past, pretty follow-the-leader type. Good battle for 3rd, 4th and 5th between Dovi, Hayden and Pedrosa though. Glad Dovi got 3rd.

In other news, Rossi has a double bone fracture on his right leg, gonna miss 2-3 monts of races. At least for me that's pretty bad news >.< Well, I do think that this championship is Lorenzo's, but some competition would have been a lot better >.<

Goddamn it. My favourite out. Casey with practically no chance now either. Dani's form isn't consistent. It's Lorenzo's for the taking. He just needs to finish every race and the championship is his.

Get well soon Vale. Sad to hear this news, nobody likes to see that whoever they support. There goes my reason for watching MotoGP.

I was having an issue deciding about what to record tomorrow. I'm out all day so it was a big decision between BTCC and MotoGP. With no Vale, BTCC it is.

Really bad news for MotoGP no doubt.

The best Championship possible might be ruined but I think it depends on Rossi's recovering. This is the 4th race of the season and Lorenzo could miss some races or finish on the floor in some others. It looks quite strange. I don't want to think about Lorenzo losing it at the moment, that would kill his career.

Very sad news about Vale indeed, I suppose all of his bad luck came at once. I'm just thankful he's still with us, because that crash looked like it could easily have been fatal.

As some Eurosport commentators speculated, he may well decide to miss the rest of the season - Rossi isn't the type to come back if he's not at 100% and when he has no chance of winning the title.

I expect if everybody's current form is maintained (mainly a reference to Stoner's crashing streak), then Lorenzo will walk away with this championship. A shame, he looked like he was very strong against Rossi anyway, beating him would have been exceptional and the possibility was genuinely there. We have been robbed of that battle, and it remains to be seen whether Rossi will ever be back to his full potential.

I'm a casual follower of MotoGP, but I won't write the season off. I watch for the sport, not for a specific rider, and I know there will still be exciting individual events even if the championship battle loses its appeal. Personally, I much prefer to see close, quality racing than a series of dull, processional events that lead to a close championship battle.

Will Yamaha replace Rossi in the next round? I know little of MotoGP, but I assume Yamaha will continue to field two bikes after this race, right? That could add an interesting element to the races depending on who the replacement is; it could be a huge opportunity for another rider and if he were to capitalize on that, it would make for a compelling twist.

That said, even as a massive detractor of Rossi, it is disappointing to lose a contender and I wish him well in his recovery.

Colin Edwards has been rumoured, but Yamaha insist they have "no rush" to replace him. See here.

Bad news. Yesterday Rossi had a 2nd surgery for his leg and it's going to take him 4 or 5 months to recover. He's going to miss the remaining of the season. Hopefully he can be back in 2011 fully recovered.

Bad news. Yesterday Rossi had a 2nd surgery for his leg and it's going to take him 4 or 5 months to recover. He's going to miss the remaining of the season. Hopefully he can be back in 2011 fully recovered.

Where did you read that?

I think the second surgery is common practice. My understanding is that the first surgery is to repair the bone (pins, whatever else they do) and the second surgery is to close the wound via stitching.

In fact, according to initial reports, both surgeries went well so it's good news (or as good as we can expect from a broken leg).

Here are two articles, the first is about the surgery yesterday and the second is regarding a possible return date this season (Brno).

The relevant parts about the second operation are..

"Today Valentino underwent another small operation to close the wound, which is looking good," said Dr. Buzzi in a statement issued by Yamaha.

"We closed it with 15 stitches and our overall medical judgement is positive. We used a short general anaesthetic and when he woke up he was in good shape. The healing process of the injury is going well and as expected in Valentino's condition."

..and about a return..

Yamaha crew chief Jeremy Burgess told the newspaper that he expected Rossi to be able to return to action for the Czech Grand Prix in August.

"I think that, if everything goes well, he'll be back in Brno. He may even do it for Laguna Seca, but there's no pressure," Burgess said.

Where did you read that?

It was on marca.com or as.com. I read the surgery went well but the bad piece of news was that it'd take him 4 or 5 months to recover. It's nearly the whole season but it will be good news if he's back fully recovered in 2011.