Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aussief1

Motogp 2010

But just WHO is Stoner replacing? I wanna know! XD

Apparently he'll be on a third works bike, so says rumours..

Yes!

I love a good shake-up.

I really hope Spies gets Rossi's bike in 2011, then. Lorenzo and Spies would just be a dream lineup for me; my two favorite riders. I suppose I really only support Spies because I know most about him (he's been on U.S. television shows quite a few times) and his ego isn't too big (yet)...he just comes across as quiet and reserved and not annoying, albeit a bit bland.

Regardless of who gets the Yamaha, though, it's great to see some big moves. It helps keep me, the casual viewer, interested and could really leave the title fight wide open.

Spies is very good, verrrrry good. Would be a great choice for Yamaha. And, yes, like Hayden and Edwards, he is that kind of good American we need more of. American's are not arseholes as some think. Quite the opposite. It's just that American arseholes are louder than others. You gotta live there to see it but the American people suffers far more than the population of other "first-world" countries. Anyway, Spies is good stuff all around.

Stoner should team up with Pedrosa in the official official team. A third bike is supposed to be made available to Dovizioso under an official less official team. This is so because apparently, there are peculiar clauses in Dovizioso's contract regarding his automatic renewal depending on his standing come season's end.

Rossi's gotta go to Ducati. It's the kind of move one has come to expect from him. And I hear that the whole Ducati team has been taking blowjob and arse-kissing intense courses. Off a bike, Rossi is nothing if he is not treated as a king... a pity, but true. We all have character flaws and, ego, is common enough. Rossi's got an ego... well, let's say it is only second to Hamilton's which is the size of Australia.

Just seen a clip of the crash that happened in quali today, very scary incident.

Oil on a circuit in a car race isn't good news, in a bike race with two less wheels, it's even worse. Very very happy to hear that Spies and de Puniet (a personal favourite of mine) are okay, espacially the latter as that was a violet crash.

My respect for these guys just goes up ten fold knowing that they can have a massive crash, sometimes several over the course of a weekend, but can carry on. Puts the likes of the over paid jackass footballers to shame who fall over even after a insect flies into them.

I think I'll be back watching tomorrow now Rossi's back in the sport, that's good news that he's back so soon. I just hope he hasn't rushed his comeback too early. The championship's out the question now, but would be good to see him win a few more races this year.

As for the news of Stoner moving to Honda (only just discovered that reading the last few posts!) I hope that mean Dovizioso gets a decent ride, whether at Yamaha or whatever. I see him as a star of the future.

Contact area of motorbikes tires with the gound equals about the size of a credit card.

Yep. I know.

Looks like Rossi is back then.

Is that the little dude who came in forth? Whoever he was, he didn't look too shabby.

And Stonehead nearly got beaten by him. Just the fact that he nearly got beaten made my day.

It's all official now...Rossi to Ducati.

I really hope Spies will show well in these final races and replace Rossi...wishful thinking, I know, but I'd really enjoy that.

Good to see a shake-up at the north end of the grid, though, whoever ends up on the Yamaha. It will be nice for the Lorenzo and Rossi rivalry to develop further with them on separate teams, and to see how Pedrosa and Stoner handle each other together. If Spies could get in there, too, then I'd have a favorite in the fight, and that would really make me a bit more regular of a viewer.

Always nice for the grid to change, though. I imagine 2011 will be quite interesting (which isn't to say 2010 hasn't been). :)

It's all official now...Rossi to Ducati.

I really hope Spies will show well in these final races and replace Rossi...wishful thinking, I know, but I'd really enjoy that.

Good to see a shake-up at the north end of the grid, though, whoever ends up on the Yamaha. It will be nice for the Lorenzo and Rossi rivalry to develop further with them on separate teams, and to see how Pedrosa and Stoner handle each other together. If Spies could get in there, too, then I'd have a favorite in the fight, and that would really make me a bit more regular of a viewer.

Always nice for the grid to change, though. I imagine 2011 will be quite interesting (which isn't to say 2010 hasn't been). :)

Which part is wishful thinking, that Spies shows well or that he replaces Rossi? I don't think either is wishful thinking: Spies is almost certain to go to Yamaha according to most of the paddock pundits & this weekend he got his first front row start and 4th position finish in the GP itself, (ahead of Rossi, funnily enough). I think he will be Lorenzo's team mate in 2011, whether he will be able to get anywhere near the guy is another question - Spies might be to Lorenzo what Edwards was to Rossi, and not just because they're both American. It'll be fun to see how that plays out though, and like you said, the other rivalries should be fun to watch too. 2011 will be an interesting year for MotoGP.

I approve of Yamaha's signing. Look out, Lorenzo...you'll be carrying Spies' helmet bag. In fantasy land.

(Highlighting helps...;))

Control + A came in handy there indeed :P

Then again, maybe Spies will show well against Lorenzo. Spies beat Lorenzo to pole today, on a bike which can't be as fast as what whore-hay had underneath him (..even if part of me suspects that Yamaha have secretly upgraded Spies' bike due to recent contract signing..). That's impressive. Still though, I can't really judge how good Spies is because despite some of his impressive performances in MotoGP, I haven't seen him racing in other series'; I know he has won various titles, but I don't know the quality of those titles, even so maybe it's unfair of me to assume that Jorge will beat him hands (or knee) down next year.

Oh and, as for the aforementioned qualifying yesterday (or still today, for our more American members :P):

Excellent job by Spies of course and nice to see Hayden get his first front row on a Ducati. Less impressive was Rossi falling (..again)* and Stoner's antics on his last flying lap. Seriously, some F1 fans call Alonso 'petulant' but Stoner could show him a thing or two in that regard.

*Starting to feel how a M. Schumacher fan must feel, i.e. wondering when the magic will return.

Yep, yep and yep. Let's see what the race brings. It was refreshing to see Spies up there when I managed to steal a look at the TV, great job.

What a trip! Not a post on the MotoGP thread in months. Shame on you, fellows.

Great and odd racing in Portugal today.

I've been missing a ton of races, having busy weekends and forgetting to wake up (shame on me, indeed). I watched yesterday, but had to leave when the best race was on (125cc), so I can't really say much >.< Only that what Márquez did was pretty incredible and very cool XD

I will have to wager with myself next year whether I can watch all the races, otherwise... it's going downhill XD

Yeah, the Marquez bit was something. Watch the race another time if you can. His pitwall was priceless.

Btw, you are a Spaniard or some alike. You should be celebrating this season like there is no tomorrow. The Spaniards have smashed everyone else in all categories... and, then, Lorenzo crushed Rossi just yesterday. Fun, fun, fun...

I'm very happy for Elias indeed! And I prefer Rossi but obviously this was Lorenzo's championship to take, so can't say much. And 125cc have had an amazing year, makes you wonder who will watch MotoGP in 5 years but Spaniards... scary :lol:

Congrats to Marquez and Smith but kind of a sucky race.

The Spaniards win in all categories, as expected. Congrats to the fans.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember the last time all classes were won by riders from the same nationality. Perhaps some +40 years ago British? Speaking of whom, we need more British riders on the grids.

Seems this is the first race since before Catalonia last year that a non-Spaniard has won in 125cc... we need more British/Italian/Competitive drivers from all around the world!!

Kind of a non-eventful race indeed. Hopefully Moto2 and (dare I suggest it?) MotoGP will compensate.

By the way, doesn't Márquez get some kind of record? Like the youngest kid to win 125cc championship? Man, has he got a bright future :)

Indeed, Marquez has shown plenty of skill. Is he going up to Moto2 next year?

Hard-fought Moto2 race. Fun stuff all the way. Iannone and Simon were brilliant.

Good race, good end of the season.

The young guns are really bringing up the game. I hope Rossi makes it happen for Ducati but, honestly, I fear that we are on the brink of a generation change here.