Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Alonso: "I Never Asked To Be Number One"

"I'm not saying to the team that I want to have anything better for me. What I do is work 110 per cent with the team and if the team is not working 110 per cent too it's not right," Alonso told the press at the annual Wroom media event in Madonna di Campiglio. "I'm a guy who will push everybody to do their best job possible, as their push me to do the best job possible.

"I never asked to be number one driver in any team in my career and that's coming from nowhere, and keeps repeating again from a minority," he added. "But what I don't want to be, for sure, is number two, like it happened sometimes in 2007."

Source: My linkhttp://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/328591/Ive_never_asked_to_be_number_one__Alonso/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss.

Source: My linkhttp://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/328591/Ive_never_asked_to_be_number_one__Alonso/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss.

Alonso's said that same thing before. He works 110% and he wants the team to work 110%. It doesn't mean he wouldn't have been a team player if Hamilton had let him take advantage of his extra lap in Hungaroring, which he was entitled to, when he should have let Alonso pass him. But McLaren opted for Hamilton in spite of it all and Alonso opted for fighting up to the last corner in Brazil. If Alonso had helped Hamilton in Brazil the rookie would have become World Champion. But why should he? He asked for equal treatment and he got sh#t!

He probably was a bit p**sed off with some comments and questions. ?007 season is still feeding during pre-season. I'm sure most of F1 experts expects another Alonso vs. Hamilton Championship but ooops... Raikkonen took it eventually in ?007. I'm sure some journalists/ex-drivers/experts... will try to p**s him off all season through if things go right so I think it's a good think but Alonso should not give a tupenny f#ck from now on about that.

Alonso's said that same thing before. He works 110% and he wants the team to work 110%.

You know that this is another lie, how can he works 110% knowing that the maximum you can give is 100% he is a helpless liar, he have always been a liar and that haven't changed as we can see. :P

You know that this is another lie, how can he works 110% knowing that the maximum you can give is 100% he is a helpless liar, he have always been a liar and that haven't changed as we can see. tongue.gif

You know why I like Alonso, Kubica and Raikkonen? Because they've never been FIA's spoilt brats. rolleyes.gif

I don't see much to discuss. Alonso probably didn't ask to be number one at Ferrari, but he is obviously going there to lead the team and win the title, and that is the presumption from both sides as can be seen from Ferrari's press releases.

As for Mclaren, again I doubt Alonso asked for number one status but he presumed he would get it whereas the team didn't, and when Hamilton was able to match him on pace he was never going to get it.

As for pushing people "110%" I'm sure he will, and that's exactly why Ferrari hired him.

I don't see much to discuss. Alonso probably didn't ask to be number one at Ferrari, but he is obviously going there to lead the team and win the title, and that is the presumption from both sides as can be seen from Ferrari's press releases.

As for Mclaren, again I doubt Alonso asked for number one status but he presumed he would get it whereas the team didn't, and when Hamilton was able to match him on pace he was never going to get it.

As for pushing people "110%" I'm sure he will, and that's exactly why Ferrari hired him.

Bah, humbug. <_<

You make too much sense and that's boring. They wer coming like moths to a flame and now you ruined it!

Oh, the negativity.

He did admit he was number two a few times in 2007 :lol:

You gotta love the Nandomeister. He's a f*cking genius.

Well, let's jsut see what happens when the racing starts and the talking stops. I like Fernando and will support him this year, but I'm not sure how much I buy into this topic. Only time will tell how truthful he's being.

I never asked to be number one driver in any team in my career and that's coming from nowhere, and keeps repeating again from a minority

Is that a racial slur from the Spaniard? Anyway, Alonso would say that wouldn't he. Sounds a bit like Michael saying how exciting a race it had been in the post-race press conference at Indy 2005.

I am glad to be the first so say "What a liar"

:lol:

Quite right Tommy.

Bah, humbug. <_<

You make too much sense and that's boring. They wer coming like moths to a flame and now you ruined it!

Ahem, sorry what I actually meant was that Alonso is a work-shy twat, and clearly when he signed for Ferrari he demanded no.1 treatment because he can't handle pressure from his team mates. As for his time at Macca, clearly Lewis blew him away even though the team were blatantly favouring Alonso.

And religion is for the weak and guns are for terrorists.

Hopefully that will stir some conversation :P

Oh, and I just read this...

Alonso sure Ferrari will be his last team

By Dieter Rencken and Pablo Elizalde Thursday, January 14th 2010, 13:03 GMT

1263474372.jpgFernando Alonso says he is absolutely sure he will finish his Formula 1 career at the Ferrari team, despite having just joined the Maranello squad.

The two-time world champion has joined Ferrari to replace Finn Kimi Raikkonen as Felipe Massa's team-mate from this year, having agreed a three-year contract.

Although the Spaniard will not be able to test his new car until next month, he says he is already feeling at home, having been working with the team in his visits to the factory.

"We have had contact, especially with my race engineer and the technicians of the team," Alonso told reporters at Ferrari's media event in the Dolomites.

"We kept exchanging emails and phone calls and I'm always updated about the development of the car so we can be perfectly ready when the tests start in February.

"We have worked well. From day one I found myself at home at the team. There is like a family feeling from the start. When I went to Maranello I saw the passion of the people that are working at Ferrari. It is something unique in Formula 1.

When asked if he was sure he will finish his career at Ferrari, he said: "I'm 100 per cent sure."

"For any driver, coming to Ferrari is the best thing you can do in your career," Alonso added.

"It's almost impossible to find the motivation to race for another team after racing for Ferrari, because you will never find the same environment or have the same feeling due to its history.

"It's a legendary team represented by the prancing horse. Of course I feel calm now because I've achieved one of my goals."

Alonso, the 2005 and 2006 champion, admitted it will be difficult for him to win the title in his first year with Ferrari, and reckons he will need a few races before he's fully integrated at the team.

"Of course it's difficult," he said. "I know I'm going to have to adapt very quickly to the car.

"I only have seven, eight days of testing in February and I know that perhaps in the first three, four races we will not be 100 per cent adjusted to the car and to the team.

"But from race three or four I'm sure we will be able to see the best version of Alonso as well as the best version of Ferrari."

And the Spanish driver is well aware that emulating the success Michael Schumacher enjoyed with Ferrari is also a tall order.

"You always want to win, but I think seven titles is something that is nearly impossible to repeat these days," he said. "I think Formula 1 now is so close and the rules are very strict.

"The competition now is about two or three tenths, so winning five championships in a row, or four like Michael did, is something very difficult to repeat."

Alonso claimed he now feels much more ready to tackle the Ferrari challenge than a few years ago.

"I don't know what Kimi gave to the team," he said when asked what he can bring that Raikkonen didn't.

"I'm here to give the team all my professionality, to give all my skills to drive the car, and outside of the car I know the driver must continue to work with the engineers as well for the development of the car.

"Also to establish a good relationship with the fans, with the media, and so I think I'm more prepared now than when I won my championships with Renault, and also when I was with McLaren.

"Today I feel much more ready, much more prepared to tackle this challenge, which is not easy because Ferrari is known throughout the world and many expect a lot from you around the world.

"It could be in Japan, in Europe, in India, because Ferrari is known everywhere, and so your results have a big impact on the media and we know we have to win."

Source

Can't be good :whistling:

:lol: For a moment I thought Paul had posted the article and then quoted and answered himself on the next post. :wacko:

Don't mind me. (Another hard day studying welding,Graham :D )

Is that a racial slur from the Spaniard?

Only in your paranoid mind :P

Oh, and I just read this...

Can't be good :whistling:

:lol:

My favorite part is: "I don't know what Kimi gave to the team," he said when asked what he can bring that Raikkonen didn't. "

Bah, humbug.

Nobody dares to quote me. meh.png

Don't do it. I have the answer ready and you know you won't beat me. blowup.gif

I can only say something to you: if Nando wins with Ferrari espect a latin revolution! The english hype with Hami and Jense titles was nothing compared with what will happen at Spain and Italy! You will not believe it!

I can only say something to you: if Nando wins with Ferrari espect a latin revolution! The english hype with Hami and Jense titles was nothing compared with what will happen at Spain and Italy! You will not believe it!

But if Massa wins the title... eekout.gif

"But what I don't want to be, for sure, is number two"

So what other option does that leave?

No. 3?

Totally agree.

Ahem, sorry what I actually meant was that Alonso is a work-shy twat, and clearly when he signed for Ferrari he demanded no.1 treatment because he can't handle pressure from his team mates. As for his time at Macca, clearly Lewis blew him away even though the team were blatantly favouring Alonso.

And religion is for the weak and guns are for terrorists.

Hopefully that will stir some conversation :P

Totally agree.