Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Tf1 Race Reports

Hey dude! Great to see you around again, welcome back blokey.

Moving back to Npton too. :D

Ta, Steph. What you want to come back to Npton for? I'll keep me eyes peeled.

:blush: cheers, steve.

Job, Russ. Got the one. Finally. :)

It's that time. I now put on my sacred GPDWGWR (Grand-PooBah-of-Deciding-Who-Gets-What-Race) beanie and throw out the name of the first report writer:

The Race:

GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir)

The Reporter:

Quiet One (You're up, Andres!)

These are the only two rules: Please post the report in the F1 Discussions board and please 'tap' someone for the Melbourne report at the end of yours. The victims list can be found in this thread, first post.

It's that time. I now put on my sacred GPDWGWR (Grand-PooBah-of-Deciding-Who-Gets-What-Race) beanie and throw out the name of the first report writer:

The Race:

GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir)

The Reporter:

Quiet One (You're up, Andres!)

These are the only two rules: Please post the report in the F1 Discussions board and please 'tap' someone for the Melbourne report at the end of yours. The victims list can be found in this thread, first post.

Me? B-b-but...I will actually have to watch the race??? It was fun pretending that I am an F1 fan and such but...damn!

Somebody help me! What are the rules? How many cards per player? Aces beat Kings?

Me? B-b-but...I will actually have to watch the race??? It was fun pretending that I am an F1 fan and such but...damn!

Somebody help me! What are the rules? How many cards per player? Aces beat Kings?

This would seem to be the cross you have to bear for initiating the "Countdown to Bahrain" thread. Just be certain to mention everyone's favorite driver in a positive light, no matter how badly they do, and you'll have the full support of forum friends.

Yes, aces beat kings and one-eyed jacks are wild.

Use the old rule of "1st the worst, 2nd the best, 3rd the one with the scarey chest" or this, that should get you started. :P

Brad, Brad, Brad...ermm...Brad... *shakes head*

What happened to your sense of humour? You sound pretty dark lately! Lighten up!

Other than that, I disagree with both you and Fenman, and I think what you both say is a common mistake among F1 followers:

1) Not all levels of driver (or team or whatever) support are the same. You can support a driver without being a fanatical fundamentalist over that driver or against some other.

2) The worst kind (the most fanatical) are not that common in this forum, and "the worst kind" is always a relative concept, anyways. You might see yourself surrounded by "fanatical" Alonso supporters. I saw a lot of "fanatical" Hamilton supporters. We still have a couple of "fanatical" Button supporters and, most surprisingly, quite a bunch of "fanatical" Kimi supporters :whistling:

3) "I am no fan of any driver" is either a supremely hypocritical (?) statement or a confession of lack of interest on the complexities of F1. In Fenman's case, it is obviosuly the former. The guy starts with that phrase and then starts spewing a pseudo theory based on his deep comprehension of Alonso's thought processes. Unless he is Nando's psychoanalist, all he wrote is a bunch of subjective opinions, and highly biased against the guy as iti is fairly obvious. There is nothing wrong with that. What p**ses me off is the fact that he starts by saying "I am no fan". bulls##t. If anything, he is an anti Alonso fan, and t hat's being a fan as much as I am an Alonso fan or you are a Kimi fan.

4) Being a fan of a driver is not bad per se. All the cars, the speed, the tracks, the strategies are incredibly complex and entertaining, but the drivers' personalities are as much fun, if not more so. Today I was talking about tennis and the many personalities that I've enjoyed. Guys like Lendl, McEnroe, Noah, Sampras, Chang, Kuerten, Borg, Connors...they were not just extremely talented, but also with very different personalities and quirks and that made them even more enjoyable! Why miss that part of the drama? It plays a huge part!

5) I understand that there is a fine line between "supporting a driver" and being an insufferable, irrational worshipper. But with some sense of objectivity and a bit of patience you can enjoy the human side without letting minor trolls and such to upset you too much.

I've forgotten about this thread, wow Andres, this is the longest reply to me ever by you. You're really passionate about this fan business, lovely lovely...now I'm gonna have to respond...actually not now, don't have enough time, but watch this space....

I'm bumping this to give a chance for anyone else to be victimized volunteer for a race report.

I'm happy to take the Australian GP Mike / Andres.

I will give a detailed live report with pictures in my thread, you guys will feel like your there but not really!!!! :P

If I take the AGP I need someone to put their hand up reasonably quickly for the Malaysian GP just 1 week later.

I'm happy to take the Australian GP Mike / Andres.

I will give a detailed live report with pictures in my thread, you guys will feel like your there but not really!!!! :P

If I take the AGP I need someone to put their hand up reasonably quickly for the Malaysian GP just 1 week later.

Mmmmh...I don't know....I shall decide once my report is done...

:P

Well there is still hope that you can write us a report on the hungarian GP...just imaging how exciting will that be!

Ta, Steph. What you want to come back to Npton for? I'll keep me eyes peeled.

Peel them wide. I'm back!

Mmmmh...I don't know....I shall decide once my report is done...

:P

Well there is still hope that you can write us a report on the hungarian GP...just imaging how exciting will that be!

:lol:

I shall take my usual position - that of writing into the editor lambasting the articles.... :D:P

Live from the continent that Asia dropped, Nathan reports on the Oz GP! (You have to follow Andres' report......glad it's not my turn!) ;)

Live from the continent that Asia dropped, Nathan reports on the Oz GP! (You have to follow Andres' report......glad it's not my turn!) ;)

Thanks Mike. I look forward to the challenge :D

Excellent job Nathan! :thbup:

Now pick the next person and post it in your GP thread and/or PM the person.

Thanks Mike.

Craig (HandyNZL) has been selected for the 2010 Malaysian GP TF1 reporting duties. I'm sure he will do a excellent job.

All done, posted in the Australian GP thread and set a PM.