Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

Fear

So. Everyone has a fear in some shape or form. We're human. Fear is a part of our survival instinct. It defines part of us.

What makes you afraid and why?

For me, I've had to book a train journey. Now. Trains for me are a no go. This unfortunately is necessary. I hate trains. They petrify me real bad. I feel sick thinking about it. I have no idea why.

Spiders. This is the ultimate fear. When I was a kid, one had fallen onto my leg and proceeded to crawl. Ew. I could see its eyes. Since then, I physically cannot move and violently be sick if i see one. They scare me to death.

The Wicker Man film. Original. No. Just no. Truly terrifying thought at the end. His screams...

Not living life. I try to give 100% each day. I don't want to waste this gift I've been given.

Being reincarnated as someone else. No just kidding. I'm scared of lots of things. Blood, needles, impotence and Alonso in a Ferrari.

Heights. The older I get the worse it gets. I like spiders. Cute little fellas.

To didn´t see my kids grow and not being there to protect them.

And as Joan Manuel Serrat said in his song..." if the dead comes to my garden, who will sign my natural death, will wear my pajamas sleep in my bed and take care of my wife..." well, in spanish rhymes.

(si la muerte pisa mi huerto,

quién firmará que he muerto de muerte natural;

quién se pondrá mi pijama,

se acostará en mi cama

y atenderá a mi mujer)

So. Everyone has a fear in some shape or form. We're human. Fear is a part of our survival instinct. It defines part of us.

What makes you afraid and why?

I'm afraid of talking about fear :P:D Arrgh! see!

Fear - heights. Never used to but do now - funny as you get older you change. Actually as someone wiser than me once said, it should not be heights that you are scared, of but the ground as it is technically not the height that kills you.... :)

Conversely I used to be scared of flying and now am not.

Spiders - nah having lived in a house of spider-hating females for last 20 years I am the one who goes around removing them....

To didn´t see my kids grow and not being there to protect them.

And as Joan Manuel Serrat said in his song..." if the dead comes to my garden, who will sign my natural death, will wear my pajamas sleep in my bed and take care of my wife..." well, in spanish rhymes.

(si la muerte pisa mi huerto,

quién firmará que he muerto de muerte natural;

quién se pondrá mi pijama,

se acostará en mi cama

y atenderá a mi mujer)

I love Joan Manuel Serrat songs, I really enjoy "Mediterraneo", "Pueblo Blanco" and I have no much fears but some dogs really scare me a lot, also some rollercoaster but get on them anyway even when sometimes I am shaking and my knees feels loose when the ride is over.

Spiders? My wife fear them... I never understand her.... she is obviously more dangerous!

That's the same thing I say about my wife and her mice fear, she is a lot bigger than them but she can not see them, if she does I will pay for that, I will have to either kill the mouse or do whatever she has to do in the house because she is not moving in order to avoid a direct contact with that horrible creature.

FEAR=False Evidence Appearing Real-Andy Priaulx.

My one fear I really have if flying on an aeroplane. I don't know why, and yes, I'm opening myself up to ridicule, but I've never flown before and don't really have any intentions to. I guess my main fear comes from watching lots of airplane crash investigation programmes to a point it's just made me a little paranoid of flying...

Cheese Whiz.

Aaaieeeeeeee

Sorry :D

Seriously, I have phobia to insects. Any kind. A lady bug can make me run screaming (see above). Can't help it, it's a real phobia to bugs.

Today I couldn't reach TF1. This screen showed up saying "Account suspended". That was scary, too.

As is usually the case, an interesting mix of comments. I don't know about any phobias, per se, but I confess to a fear of a dwindling of cognizance with the passage of time. This would not have been so much as a pulse on my radar screen 10 years ago. It would seem that I fear becoming a doddering old fool... and if that's not an opening for someone I don't know what is.

Otherwise, it's probably the concerns many of us have: A nuclear "incident", a pandemic, a Slinky coming up the stairs in the middle of the night, a mound of green Jello shaking suggestively hours after being removed from a mold.

Today I couldn't reach TF1. This screen showed up saying "Account suspended". That was scary, too.

yes it was scary until today I didn't know how much I depend on Totalf1 to keep me updated, I hope it doesn't happen again.

Along similar lines as what Persevere said, probably a major thing for me would be not being master of my own mind (not that anybody is completely master of their own mind, but still, you get me). There's nothing which really bothers me that much though, nothing which dominates my thoughts. Nor is there anything that amounts to genuine fear in the strictest sense, although some things do provoke anxiety sometimes I suppose.

laugh.gif

Yes, I thought they'd finally seen sense and banned me.

laugh.gif

I have some fears but none of them are extreme. I hate flying but I can do it if I have to... Well, is it about fear or hate? Oh, sorry.

Failing my degree. lol

Never seeing Rock &Roll in the charts again and never seeing Alonso win another race.

1. Flying. It's not natural. I stand in the airport, stoumach churning, sweaty, clammy, full of dread. You look happy because you are going somewhere warm. You think I'm irrational. I think you are mental.

2. Spiders. Ever had one crawl across your bare chest in the middle of the night? That was enough for me. Crank legged f*ckers have a habit of getting just where you do not want them to be. They look wrong and they are wrong.

3. Other drivers. I love driving. I'm in control. I hate being in a car with you. You're in control.